• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tonight’s game has been postponed until 2:00 on Sunday.

Started by Lanny, November 30, 2018, 08:56:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Lanny

Tonight's game has been postponed until 2:00 on Sunday. All semifinal games have been postponed for tomorrow at 6pm

Red Devil Alum

Kevin

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on November 30, 2018, 09:09:21 am
Good decision by the AAA.
Weather really gonna be that bad? week 4 and week 7 were pretty wet as well, but no delay there, by AAA at least. 

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: Kevin on November 30, 2018, 09:59:43 am
Weather really gonna be that bad? week 4 and week 7 were pretty wet as well, but no delay there, by AAA at least.
100% chance of thunderstorms and chance of tornadoes.

Rocket23

Wet and lightening are totally different.  There was not the severe weather outbreak predicted back then and involved a lot more schools.  If you remember back to week four, some parts of the state got games in with no problem.  This way all semifinalists will be on equal footing as far as game prep for finals goes.

HeberFan

Good move. Safer driving conditions for everyone. Plus, fan attendance should be a little better.

Coach DePriest, Sheridan

Quote from: Kevin on November 30, 2018, 09:59:43 am
It would have been up to the two teams to make that decision during the regular season.   One week this year, several Oklahoma schools moved their Sr High game to Thursday due to Friday's forecast.  No idea how that affected their jr high games...that was actually my first question when I heard that.

HeberFan

Less than 5 hours to what would have been game time. Sunny skies.

Radar shows most of the rain stayed south and is now east of the state.

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: HeberFan on November 30, 2018, 02:12:33 pm
Less than 5 hours to what would have been game time. Sunny skies.

Radar shows most of the rain stayed south and is now east of the state.
Sun is not out in LR.

AirWarren

JessieP

Quote from: AirWarren on November 30, 2018, 02:28:47 pm
But it's not brimstone and tornados either. At least where I am.

Wouldn't that be God's cruel little joke. Yesterday the NOAA called for a heavy rain to start around 3pm in Batesville, the sun is shining as we speak. Can't you just see the local weather guys saying "The system has slowed way down, we're not expecting the thunderstorms to hit until Sunday" ?

AirWarren

Quote from: JessieP on November 30, 2018, 03:03:58 pm
Wouldn't that be God's cruel little joke. Yesterday the NOAA called for a heavy rain to start around 3pm in Batesville, the sun is shining as we speak. Can't you just see the local weather guys saying "The system has slowed way down, we're not expecting the thunderstorms to hit until Sunday" ?

It's just ridiculous.

RyanLR

Quote from: AirWarren on November 30, 2018, 02:28:47 pm
But it's not brimstone and tornados either. At least where I am.
Told you guys these games were being postponed but nobody listens to me.

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: RyanLR on November 30, 2018, 03:57:38 pm
Told you guys these games were being postponed but nobody listens to me.

Change your name to Ned and maybe you can earn their ears😀

RazorDad

RyanLR

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on November 30, 2018, 04:20:50 pm
Change your name to Ned and maybe you can earn their ears😀
In my house his name is Nerd Sperme.

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: RazorDad on November 30, 2018, 04:49:20 pm
Heavy rain in Little Rock just started.
Massive. With thunder. No way they could play in this, though maybe it will lighten up some.

RazorDad

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on November 30, 2018, 05:01:01 pm
Massive. With thunder. No way they could play in this, though maybe it will lighten up some.

Monster lightning out by the airport.

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: RyanLR on November 30, 2018, 04:57:55 pm
In my house his name is Nerd Sperme.

that paints a traumatic picture.  I won't be able to sleep tonight and it won't be because of the storms!

AirWarren

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on November 30, 2018, 05:01:01 pm

Lol.

Give me a break. I was unaware rain halted football.

PA Bruin Fan

I blame this on JesseP, he wanted it to be a day game instead of night and commanded AAA to change it.  ;)

RyanLR

Quote from: AirWarren on November 30, 2018, 05:59:58 pm
Lol.

See if Warren was anywhere close to civilization than they might have postponed that game in 2013. But since we have so many Central Arkansas teams the AAA had to act.

AirWarren

Quote from: RyanLR on November 30, 2018, 06:09:07 pm
See if Warren was anywhere close to civilization than they might have postponed that game in 2013. But since we have so many Central Arkansas teams the AAA had to act.

Lol. Come on man.

Eskola and his staff of central Arkansas talent hustlers are thanking their lucky stars Warren was not in their way.

South 45

The real silver lining in all this is now I may can make the game.

Red Devil Alum

AirWarren

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on November 30, 2018, 07:19:27 pm
Did you know that lightning does?

Lasted for like an hour. It's no rain and no lightening at all right now.

athletic supporter

Quote from: AirWarren on November 30, 2018, 05:59:58 pm
Lol.

The wussification of our young people continues.

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: AirWarren on November 30, 2018, 09:12:33 pm
Lasted for like an hour. It's no rain and no lightening at all right now.
Major storm and lightening in LR for the last house.

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: athletic supporter on November 30, 2018, 09:36:47 pm
We need to get a lightening bolt in them. That would put a charge in them.

athletic supporter

JessieP

Quote from: athletic supporter on November 30, 2018, 09:36:47 pm

There was a Razorback game a few weeks ago where the first 10 minutes looked like the tv feed was coming from a cell phone streaming it. It was because the camera operators had to leave their perches due to lightening in the area. It's not the wussification, it's called precautions. While your at it what's the deal with fair catches, horse collars, stopping at the whistle and even helmets? Pansies.

athletic supporter

Quote from: JessieP on November 30, 2018, 10:08:11 pm
There was a Razorback game a few weeks ago where the first 10 minutes looked like the tv feed was coming from a cell phone streaming it. It was because the camera operators had to leave their perches due to lightening in the area. It's not the wussification, it's called precautions. While your at it what's the deal with fair catches, horse collars, stopping at the whistle and even helmets? Pansies.

Why don't you go back to crying because Batesville wasn't ranked high enough in a fan poll on FF? Your problem is you waffle more than Belgians

JessieP

Quote from: athletic supporter on November 30, 2018, 10:25:50 pm
Why don't you go back to crying because Batesville wasn't ranked high enough in a fan poll on FF? Your problem is you waffle more than Belgians

I have never waffled one iota. I have said for a couple years now that I root for Batesville first and foremost. I also said they were rebuilding this year and the drop off was expected. I have also said I enjoy watching PA and have come to appreciate with they have achieved. Finally I have always said I dislike lrc. Where is a waffle? I get that your not too quick on the uptake but some basic knowledge would make your points much more valid.

To say people are wusses because they don't want a few thousand people sitting on metal benches during a thunderstorm is stupid, powerful stupid.

JacketFan

Justin Frazier from Cave City is fighting for the 100k buck contract in the UFC on fox sports one guys, cheer on the Arkansas boy

JacketFan

Quote from: JacketFan on November 30, 2018, 11:08:01 pm
Justin Frazier from Cave City is fighting for the 100k buck contract in the UFC on fox sports one guys, cheer on the Arkansas boy
Dang it, got beat in first round, good luck to that young man in his fighting career, back to the football rain delay chatter, carry on guys.  ;D :D

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas