• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

6A State Championship GREENWOOD VS BENTON

Started by Brian G, November 24, 2018, 11:24:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think?

I think GW wins and I want GW to win
32 (41%)
I think GW wins but I want Benton
32 (41%)
I think Benton wins and I want Benton
12 (15.4%)
I think Benton but I want GW to win
2 (2.6%)

Total Members Voted: 78

Voting closed: November 30, 2018, 11:26:01 am

High Voltage

There were times when GW stuffed the Benton running game, and then times like the two scoring drives that Benton ran wild. I don't think the Benton coaches are that bad, they lost twice to the 6A state champions and once to the 7A state champs. ::)

RD™

Re-watching the game, one thing was very evident. Benton was gassed at the end of the 1st quarter. After that it became fumes and Greenwood dominated the LOS and put foot to throat.

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: RD™ on December 03, 2018, 10:51:55 am
A lot of it is this. When a team gets behind Greenwood. They abandon their game plan and start getting away from fundamentals. It's like it's a mental block with some coaching staffs as to "oh man I am down double digits to Greenwood, what do I do?"

Exactly.  We were even commenting on when to expect Benton to start panicking.  But I just don't understand them not pounding the ball all game.  It worked.  Why change it?

zebradynasty

Quote from: RD™ on December 03, 2018, 11:16:10 am
Re-watching the game, one thing was very evident. Benton was gassed at the end of the 1st quarter. After that it became fumes and Greenwood dominated the LOS and put foot to throat.

The FIRST quarter? Surely not that soon?

Kevin

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on December 03, 2018, 10:10:25 am
Just because Benton had more size, doesn't mean they were more athletic.  Greenwood out "manned" Benton twice this year, in dominating fashion.  As to your assertion to Benton's running backs.  In my opinion, Zac Wallace is not a D-1 talent.  He's got speed, but every time he gets contact, he goes down.  The other running back is stout, and tough.  Much better RB.  Benton has the size.  Benton passes the eye test.  But again, Greenwood showed that they had the talent, skill, athleticism, and heart.   Benton needs to make some coaching changes.  Period.  They have the facilities, fans, boosters, and talent to not be more dominant than they are.
Valid points. Greenwood did LOOK like they were going to lose before the game, and after the first quarter I thought they were! But, as the game went on Benton got tired and GW kept pushing. Good game to watch

IAFLAR7

Quote from: RD™ on December 03, 2018, 11:16:10 am
Not what I saw.

IAFLAR7

Quote from: zebradynasty on December 03, 2018, 01:52:22 pm
The FIRST quarter? Surely not that soon?
No...they just want people to believe that..they out executed them...bottom line...

Bigfootdogfan

Quote from: IAFLAR7 on December 04, 2018, 05:59:44 pm
No...they just want people to believe that..they out executed them...bottom line...

OUT EXECUTED THEM,  that just goes without saying. That's our MO, when you are smaller, slower and Less talented, as most people say we are, we just go out and out execute most teams.

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: IAFLAR7 on December 04, 2018, 05:59:44 pm

Oh "Wise One", what would your explanation for Benton getting beat by Greenwood?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas