• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SEMIFINALS - LRCA @ Morrilton

Started by PA Dad, November 16, 2018, 10:41:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PA Dad

November 16, 2018, 10:41:33 pm Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 07:04:55 pm by Coach DePriest, Shiloh Christian
The battle of the quarterbacks.  Criswell and Hill are both top notch.  This should be a great game.

Best defense wins.

Central AR

Going to be a fun one. I think LRCA's offense just has too many weapons for Morrilton to deal with. I see LRCA taking this by three possessions.

the voice

Lol 😂 , cmon by three possessions? We aren't Maumelle, the devil dogs have lots of weapons too, go back to the 9th grade seasons when we all played conference together. It's gonna be good !!! Great win tonight by both teams !!!

Central AR

Quote from: the voice on November 17, 2018, 01:05:20 am
Lol 😂 , cmon by three possessions? We aren't Maumelle, the devil dogs have lots of weapons too, go back to the 9th grade seasons when we all played conference together. It's gonna be good !!! Great win tonight by both teams !!!

Is Morrilton even better than Arkansas High?

incogneto

Quote from: Central AR on November 17, 2018, 01:28:54 am
Is Morrilton even better than Arkansas High?
Yes they are.  McNabb is a competent coach and Morrilton will be able to execute well enough on offense to answer LRCA offense.  Texarkana is very talented but they cannot execute or make adjustments. 

the voice

Idk you'll find out next week. See you at devil dog stadium, the teams will settle it on the field.

DevilDog59

This one is absolutely a toss up... I see it coming down to the final minutes.

InYoGrill

Voice, U and Motown, please take care of business this coming Fri. Be a good rematch with the dawgs and the gobs  at WM.  ;D

the voice

I'm hoping that's the case !! Should be a great atmosphere!! Y'all should come up watch.

Overdahill

LRC on the way to an all Central Final

the voice

PA Dad

November 17, 2018, 09:27:45 pm #11 Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 11:07:54 pm by PA Dad
I think Morrilton is a really good team with Criswell at quarterback.  Morrilton was my preseason favorite but that changed with Criswell's injury.

I also think LRCA's defense is suspect.  But their offense with Hill at quarterback is dynamic.  I think LRCA wins in a high scoring game. 

I'm sorry for the Morrilton posters.  You are all great.  I'm just calling it the way I see it.  And if I'm wrong I'll be the first to congratulate you.

Hoghead2

Hill is a gifted athlete as is Criswell. I see both of these guys causing problems. I'll give the edge to LRCA because Texarkana Defense can flat out run. Hill kept them on the edge all night. LRCA
35 Morty 31.
PA vs LRCA in the finals

the voice

Quote from: PA Dad on November 17, 2018, 09:27:45 pm
I think Morrilton is a really good team with Criswell at quarterback.  Morrilton was my preseason favorite but that changed with Criswell's injury.

I also think LRCA's defense is suspect.  But their offense with Hill at quarterback is dynamic.  I think LRCA wins in a high scoring game. 

I'm sorry for the Morrilton posters.  You are all great.  I'm just calling it the way I see it.  And if I'm wrong I'll be the first to congratulate you.

No need in apologizing,  I understand you feeling that way. It's very hard to pick against Tom Brady , Alabama and PA. Lol
Hill is very good. We have a dynamic QB too who is getting warmed up about to play his fifth game of the season. I believe both games will be great to watch.

Deuceswild

Why cant you all play at 3pm and we play at 7pm? AAA would make a ton of money.  We could all ride PA's tour buses back and forth? Last 4 teams are all solid in their own way and bring a different look to their game, I LUV THAT... Without a doubt, I think the 2 most dynamic QB's are right here in this game, but the QB doesn't make the whole team. I have seen a ton of talent at several other positions between these two teams. If Motown slows the game down, they win, if they stuck in a shoot out, I would have to go with LRCA. I gotta go with the home team though. Motown should be ready for the challenge. 31-28 Motown

Freight Train

MoTownDog

Anybody remember the "the return of Criswell" post I made back in September that nobody took me serious about?

In 2 years Hill will be watching him on TV saying "I played against that guy.  They beat us in the Semi's"  by 14!

MDXPHD

If LRCA had a defense, I'd have no problem picking them this week. I will still go with LRCA but it's because I think they'll outscore Morrilton. I figure it will be something like 63-55.

PA Dad

Quote from: Deuceswild on November 18, 2018, 09:21:23 am
Why cant you all play at 3pm and we play at 7pm? AAA would make a ton of money.  We could all ride PA's tour buses back and forth? Last 4 teams are all solid in their own way and bring a different look to their game, I LUV THAT... Without a doubt, I think the 2 most dynamic QB's are right here in this game, but the QB doesn't make the whole team. I have seen a ton of talent at several other positions between these two teams. If Motown slows the game down, they win, if they stuck in a shoot out, I would have to go with LRCA. I gotta go with the home team though. Motown should be ready for the challenge. 31-28 Motown

If Morrilton holds LRCA to 28 points Morrilton will win.  But I don't think Morrilton can do that.

Overdahill

This one will be more like KC vs LA last night on Monday Night Football  ;D

MoTownDog

November 20, 2018, 08:47:59 am #20 Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 09:21:38 am by MoTownDog

sorry wrong thread

the voice

Huh?? How is that relative to the comments quoted?

MDXPHD

Quote from: the voice on November 20, 2018, 09:05:47 am
Huh?? How is that relative to the comments quoted?

Tried to read through the thread and see if he just meant to quote something else...can't find anything yet lol.

Devil Dog 17

I say Dogs 38-35. LRC will score some points, however I think this Dog defense is underrated and will be able to get some stops.  When Criswell came back, that let Dillon white come back to linebacker which made the Dogs stronger on both sides of the field.  Im looking forward to seeing a great game.  Hope the rain holds off..

Freight Train

the voice

November 21, 2018, 06:45:50 pm #25 Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 07:11:46 pm by the voice
Think you already said that. If it makes you feel better to repeat it.

Lumberjackfan1978

Rocket23

Yes, hope the rain holds off but the forecast looks bleak.  I am looking forward to finally getting to see Criswell in person.  There will be two very elite QBs on the field.

RawDog1

The show of two great teams and two great QB's.  One will go play BB and one will go play FB in the future.  Very bright futures ahead.  Should be a great game.  Devil Dogs will see PA next week.

Yellowcake

How exactly does Morrilton plan to beat? LRCA will likely score every possession. Y'all have to be prepared to use the "no punt" game plan.

RawDog1

I'm sure it will be a similar approach that that took in 2013 when they beat PA.  They are the last team to beat PA in the state of Arkansas.  And LRC is not close to being in same league as PA. 

PA Dad

Quote from: RawDog1 on November 22, 2018, 11:58:21 am
The show of two great teams and two great QB's.  One will go play BB and one will go play FB in the future.  Very bright futures ahead.  Should be a great game.  Devil Dogs will see PA next week.

So you're conceding a Harrison loss to PA?

MDXPHD

Quote from: RawDog1 on November 22, 2018, 01:36:15 pm
I'm sure it will be a similar approach that that took in 2013 when they beat PA.  They are the last team to beat PA in the state of Arkansas.  And LRC is not close to being in same league as PA.

Good grief. In these last two weeks I've heard more about a victory that happened 5 years ago than the current teams playing. We get it - you beat them. 5 years ago.

Overdahill

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 22, 2018, 03:23:13 pm
Good grief. In these last two weeks I've heard more about a victory that happened 5 years ago than the current teams playing. We get it - you beat them. 5 years ago.

Maybe because they are 1-5 lifetime versus LRC?  ;D

incogneto

Quote from: Yellowcake on November 22, 2018, 01:26:41 pm
How exactly does Morrilton plan to beat? LRCA will likely score every possession. Y'all have to be prepared to use the "no punt" game plan.
I hope we score every possession. 

RawDog1

Yes, I am already putting PA at War Memorial.  Because it's pretty simple.  It's PA and then there is the 5A conference.  And that's not a rumor.  That's a fact.  Go back and look at last several years including this one.  Great scheming team with great coaching.  The other tgere teams left are more equal.

the voice

November 22, 2018, 03:47:25 pm #36 Last Edit: November 22, 2018, 03:57:21 pm by the voice
Quote from: Overdahill on November 22, 2018, 03:32:19 pm
Maybe because they are 1-5 lifetime versus LRC?  ;D
uh no pretty sure it's better than that. Everyone is wondering about what  the dogs are gonna do to win. Not sure how their defense is gonna stop us , I expect a shoot out , 

RawDog1

I agree Voice.  I think Morriltons coach will have them very prepared. 

incogneto

Quote from: the voice on November 22, 2018, 03:47:25 pm
uh no pretty sure it's better than that. Everyone is wondering about what  the dogs are gonna do to win. Not sure how their defense is gonna stop us , I expect a shoot out ,
I looked it up he is correct the all time record is 5-1 which doesn't mean anything. 

the voice

I thought I remembered a couple wins at home years ago and at one there. Thought we played more than six times. But whatever, I'll take your word for it. The shootouts  between Justin Criswell and Michael Dyer.  Great games. 

New era new players. New game. Looking forward to it.

incogneto

Quote from: the voice on November 22, 2018, 04:49:04 pm
I thought I remembered a couple wins at home years ago and at one there. Thought we played more than six times. But whatever, I'll take your word for it. The shootouts  between Justin Criswell and Michael Dyer.  Great games. 

New era new players. New game. Looking forward to it.
Yep should be a fun game.  I have a lot of respect for Morrilton and the coaching staff over there.  Just don't take it personally when the parents meet the kids on the field after the game.  It's a school tradition and I think a good one. 

the voice

We will be on the field also. We usually tend to our own instead of worrying about the other team .

JacketFan

Good luck to both teams tomorrow, should be a good game regardless.  Incognito and Voice, you guys meet up at halftime and share a Frito pie in the spirit of Thanksgiving.   ;D

Yellowcake

Ditto this observation.
We get it.

RawDog1

You must not get it because I'm neutral when it comes to PA or Morrilton.  Just staing a fact.  Mortilton has done something that LRC has yet to do.  And as long as Kelley is at PA, his streak will continue against you guys.

JessieP

Quote from: RawDog1 on November 22, 2018, 01:36:15 pm

Can we file an appeal? No one told me that the "We beat PA" card had no expiration date. We did it in 2012 and didn't even make the playoffs this year, how fair is that? If I would have been told that I would have spoke up. I'm gonna find that "We beat PA" card. I think it's in the closet behind the Mitt Romney for President yard sign.

RawDog1

You will see how it shakes out.  May not get by Morrilton but if you do, you will be no contest for PA.  Not enough Jimmy's and Joes on HWY 10

PA Dad

I think there are ships passing in the night here.

Overdahill

MoTown be like the '64 Razorbacks  ;D

the voice

Who are y'all the 69 hogs ?? Always so close but just can't ?? Least 64 won !!!

Talking is over , I'm getting ready for tonight. Win or lose least we are playing tonight!! Go Dogs!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas