• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

QUARTERFINALS - Arkadelphia @ Stuttgart

Started by dirtybird12, November 16, 2018, 09:50:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on November 21, 2018, 10:30:42 am
I told everyone on here that the only team that gave Warren any problems and had a chance to beat Warren in '16 was Stuttgart. There was several posters that disagreed even after I gave my reasons.
If it didn't matter, why say we were inserting ourselves?

I didn't see any post about '16, that wasn't what I was referring too.

HeberFan

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 21, 2018, 10:42:09 am
I didn't see any post about '16, that wasn't what I was referring too.

How about this?  Anybody can post pretty much anything they want. Stuff of interest will received response. Boring stuff will die on the vine.

SUGARTOWN

RyanLR

I still hold a deep resentment for Stuttgart since they ended my junior and senior year with L's. Just wanted to get that off my chest. Feels better!

#1thetruth

HeberFan

Quote from: RyanLR on November 21, 2018, 11:03:49 am
I still hold a deep resentment for Stuttgart since they ended my junior and senior year with L's. Just wanted to get that off my chest. Feels better!

You have lots of company, there.

Jacketman65

I heard that the Walker kid may try to play Friday!  How is this possible with a torn ACL and MCL (according to hootens) and what coach would risk ending his career by playing him?

HeberFan

Quote from: Jacketman65 on November 21, 2018, 01:28:52 pm
I heard that the Walker kid may try to play Friday!  How is this possible with a torn ACL and MCL (according to hootens) and what coach would risk ending his career by playing him?

Must not be true.

dirtybirdz69

Quote from: Jacketman65 on November 21, 2018, 01:28:52 pm
He has a brace fitted for him. Torn ACL and LCL. He will be defense only so no threats for diving at knees when he runs the ball unless interception or fumble recovery. His knee doesn't bother him, considering the torn ligaments. This kid is tough, he even snapped his ankle back in place a few years back after it was broken severely.

dirtybirdz69

Quote from: #1thetruth on November 21, 2018, 01:22:36 pm
Amen!!!!!!!
And you kid need to learn some class! Very immature and classless, prime example of a homer.

#1thetruth

Quote from: dirtybirdz69 on November 22, 2018, 12:48:45 pm
And you kid need to learn some class! Very immature and classless, prime example of a homer.

Badgers 56 - 14 Ricebirds..... Arkadelphia has more Jimmy and Joes

SUGARTOWN

It looks like the rain may taper off in the early evening but it could be a little wet at kickoff. I doubt that will be much a factor though as both teams are used to playing on the turf.

It should be a good game for sure, I'm looking forward to it. And as always, you can listen via the Country 97.3 app or at www.country973.com.

Overdahill

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 23, 2018, 08:34:17 am
It looks like the rain may taper off in the early evening but it could be a little wet at kickoff. I doubt that will be much a factor though as both teams are used to playing on the turf.

It should be a good game for sure, I'm looking forward to it. And as always, you can listen via the Country 97.3 app or at www.country973.com.

Arky keeps rolling on

richboy

In 7 games arkys first team D has only allowed 12 points(bauxite)

phdefense

Just got home from the 9AM pep rally. People seemed pretty hype considering it was 9AM and 40ish degrees.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: phdefense on November 23, 2018, 10:33:10 am
Just got home from the 9AM pep rally. People seemed pretty hype considering it was 9AM and 40ish degrees.
Going to be sure and not offend Sugar and mention what team I pull for, but the last time I had the chance to go to Stuttgart on this day a few years ago, it was the same. Birds will be the toughest team Arky has faced since Week 5.

That's the reason I'm not sold onthe Badgers. They didn't win the games of the teams they faced who were good teams. Their schedule got super easy as their season progressed. Not being in any dog fights the last several weeks while making their record look acceptable could be the downfall of the Badgers.

richboy

November 23, 2018, 11:03:47 am #116 Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 11:23:51 am by richboy
Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on November 23, 2018, 10:59:25 am
Going to be sure and not offend Sugar and mention what team I pull for, but the last time I had the chance to go to Stuttgart on this day a few years ago, it was the same. Birds will be the toughest team Arky has faced since Week 5.

That's the reason I'm not sold onthe Badgers. They didn't win the games of the teams they faced who were good teams. Their schedule got super easy as their season progressed. Not being in any dog fights the last several weeks while making their record look acceptable could be the downfall of the Badgers.
lol boy your so 2 faced and wishy washy. Just last week when the badgers dog walked Warren you thought the badgers were amazing and you'll be rooting for them unless they face another 8-4a team but now your saying your not sold on them 😂😂 badgers are about to drag these boys through the dirt tonight! VVR!!!

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: richboy on November 23, 2018, 11:03:47 am
lol boy your so 2 faced and wishy washy. Just last week when the badgers dog walked Warren you thought the badgers were amazing and you'll be rooting for them unless they face another 8-4a team but now your saying your not sold on them 😂😂 badgers are about to drag these boys through the dirt tonight! VVR!!!

They won't be dragging anyone through the dirt tonight. No dirt on the field.  :)

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: richboy on November 23, 2018, 11:03:47 am
2 faced? I've said on here a few times that I'm a closet Stutty fan. I did say I would be pulling for the Badgers the rest of the way. I don't have a favorite in this game. Football is played on both sides of ball so I was looking at two views. I was saying Stuttgart could take this game. I also said the Badgers, if history repeats, has a chance to win it all by beating us and the winner of those games has gone on to win it all. But I NEVER said Arkadelphia was amazing.
And no thanks. I have plenty of Vicks Vapor Rub in my medicine cabinet.

hogfan10

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on November 23, 2018, 10:59:25 am

So, you're saying Warren was not a good team?
Don't see Stuttgart pulling this one out, in fact I'll be surprised if they can keep it within two scores. This is basically a rematch of last year's season opener, badgers won that game 29-0.

phdefense

Quote from: hogfan10 on November 23, 2018, 02:25:50 pm
Don't see Stuttgart pulling this one out, in fact I'll be surprised if they can keep it within two scores. This is basically a rematch of last year's season opener, badgers won that game 29-0.
Stuttgart traditionally is not a good week 1 team.

hogfan10

Quote from: phdefense on November 23, 2018, 02:42:59 pm
Stuttgart traditionally is not a good week 1 team.

Evidently not, badgers beat them 4 of last 5 week 1's!!

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: hogfan10 on November 23, 2018, 02:25:50 pm
Apparently we weren't very good towards the end of the season. Are you wanting me to argue that we were?

phdefense

Quote from: Stuttgart Daily LeaderA familiar team will arrive on the prairie this Friday night for Stuttgart's quarterfinal matchup, as the Arkadelphia Badgers will be the Ricebirds opponent. Tonight's tussle will be the fifth meeting in as many seasons between the two schools and thus far, Stuttgart has not fared well.

http://www.stuttgartdailyleader.com/sports/20181123/helmet-to-helmet-ricebirds-face-arkadelphia-in-quarterfinals?fbclid=IwAR0hcCScy4Zyveulk0sx2TvCbYlXHxGxi5IE0W7cCeMXjsxbU23R7fgwLpk

mastiff

I have a random question. How come Stuttgart turf has not been conditioned properly like it should be. It is a beautiful field but their is a lot of slipping due to there being nothing for players cleats to dig in to. There are none of the little rubber pellet pieces at all and there is no cushion that you usually have with a new turf field. Any ideas as to why they have done it this way?

hogfan10

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on November 23, 2018, 03:26:06 pm
Apparently we weren't very good towards the end of the season. Are you wanting me to argue that we were?

Compared to Arkadelphia, maybe not.
Compared to Stuttgart, maybe so.

But, if you want to state that warren is not a good team, I'm good with that.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: mastiff on November 23, 2018, 03:40:51 pm
I have a random question. How come Stuttgart turf has not been conditioned properly like it should be. It is a beautiful field but their is a lot of slipping due to there being nothing for players cleats to dig in to. There are none of the little rubber pellet pieces at all and there is no cushion that you usually have with a new turf field. Any ideas as to why they have done it this way?

I've never really seen any slipping. Not sure what you're talking about.

phdefense

Quote from: mastiff on November 23, 2018, 03:40:51 pm
Fake News: I've been on the field. The pellets are there, I know because of having to dig them out of my shoe. And by new you mean 3 years old?

SUGARTOWN

It appears that the rain is about to stop here in Stuttgart. This is good news.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: hogfan10 on November 23, 2018, 03:41:34 pm
Compared to Arkadelphia, maybe not.
Compared to Stuttgart, maybe so.

But, if you want to state that warren is not a good team, I'm good with that.
What are we comparing?

hogfan10

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on November 23, 2018, 05:03:10 pm
What are we comparing?

Thought we were trying to decide if they were a good team or not? You say they're not, I'm saying maybe your bar is too high.

richboy

For anyone wanting to watch the game.
Live stream: www.arkadelphiabadgertv.com
Radio: 100.9 and 106.9

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: hogfan10 on November 23, 2018, 05:12:45 pm
Thought we were trying to decide if they were a good team or not? You say they're not, I'm saying maybe your bar is too high.
The last two out of three games, we were not a good "team". Playing like a team isn't setting the bar too high.

hogfan10

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on November 23, 2018, 05:49:34 pm
The last two out of three games, we were not a good "team". Playing like a team isn't setting the bar too high.

Ok, but I'd think y'all were a better team than most, even if not what we'd expect from warren. Arkadelphia is playing good ball right now, if the OL continues to hold up the badgers will be a tuff out for anyone. Badger defense is legit.

richboy

About that time for some badger football!! 😈 Vvr!!

#1thetruth

Gooooo Badgers..... A duplicate of the warren game tonight, it wont be close!!!!

richboy

richboy

Ball hits the post Goodman 43 yd attempt no good

richboy

Arkadelphia sacks the qb 3 times in a row! Stuttgart punts hynie takes the ball all the way down to the 1! But their is a holding call. Ball at the 44. Arky ball

richboy

Stuttgart defense playing solid! 3rd and 20 Turner takes it 54yd down field juking the Stuttgart defense in the process!!
Arkadelphia 7
Stuttgart 0
5min 1st

richboy

Open receiver for Stuttgart catches it out of bounds then penalties keep Stuttgart out the game. Arky ball

richboy

Arky drives but then punts. Stuttgart goes 3 and out. Arky ball

richboy

richboy

Stuttgart blocks arkys punt!! Takes it to the 40! Threatening to enter arky territory for the first time. Ball at the 46 looks like

richboy

Stuttgart done switched into 4 different formations tonight, no success. Stuttgart punts but the ball hit the badgers and Stuttgart recovers!! Ball at the 28 of arky

richboy

Stuttgart threatening to score! Tademy makes a big hit on a open Stuttgart reciever and he drops it! Stuttgart 4 and 10, looking to go for it!

richboy

Lol the whole crowd said boom! When the reciever was it 😂

richboy

Stuttgart turns it over. Arky ball at the 12

RyanLR

Quote from: richboy on November 23, 2018, 07:39:54 pm
Lol the whole crowd said boom! When the reciever was it 😂
Sounds like a physical game!

richboy

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas