• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Morrilton @ Blytheville

Started by JacketFan, November 10, 2018, 01:00:35 am

Previous topic - Next topic

JacketFan

Gonna be one heckuva game here people, let the predictions begin.

Duck12

Blytheville played a great game from a discipline standpoint this week which makes them even more scary. They have to take care of the ball better next week, they had way too many turnovers. Like a Batesville fan said Blytheville could beat PA one week and lose to Paragould the next. I wish Blytheville had a FG kicker I feel that's gonna catch up to them and cost them a close game. I think this is gonna be a great game. I'm a homer so I'm taking the home team in a nail-biter.

the voice

I'm actually glad the dogs are on the road. They've played better on the road to be honest.  This is a long trip and the focus seems to be even better.  Should be a good game.

Duck12

I hope the Morrilton QB is fully healthy and their OL is up to the challenge because I've said it before Blytheville has one of the nastiest DLs in the state. This should be the key matchup for the game, can Morrilton keep Blytheville out of the backfield and their QB clean?

the voice

Morrilton d line is pretty nasty also. Big and strong up front. Harrison defense best we've seen so far ,  but you have to expect anyone left in the playoffs is going be that way.

morriltondevildog

JacketFan

Gonna be a very physical game, got to go with the Chicks at home.  If they stay disciplined, they will win this game.  Good luck to both teams, Go 5A East

Duck12

Hasn't been much chatter on this game this week. Either both teams think they have it in the bag or both are a little worried about the other. Blytheville will be dealing with the 1 to 4 inches of snow we are supposed to get over the next two days. Thank God for indoor practice facilities. Good news it should be 54 on Friday and in the 40s at game time.

JessieP

I have to agree with Duck's observations on Blytheville, If they keep the stupid personal foul penalties at home they win. This team can beat anyone in the 5A, or they can get beat by anyone in the 5A. This year against Batesville they had 3 dead ball PF flags on one play. One, then arguing. A second one, more mouthing and then someone threw a helmet, number 3. 45 yards lost on one play. If they can play under control they could be awesome. Make no mistake, Morrilton hasn't been hit as hard all year as they will this Friday. Blytheville can punish people.

the voice

You're so sure that no one on the schedule  hits as hard as them? Seriously?   We are giving them plenty of respect. Personally I think Parkview was better. But that's neither here nor there. I'm glad they're physical!!! This bunch of devil dogs feeds off that style of play

incogneto

Morrilton is a physical football team.  If Blytheville is what the posters are saying they are this might be a bloodbath. 

South 45

I can't believe I'm going to miss this game!!!
Everyone from the east keeps bringing up Blyth's tendency to fall short on discipline. I think this deep in the playoffs that could become a real downfall. Frustration erodes discipline. I'm not going to call any names or numbers but we have a couple players that are what I will call "Retaliators". I have never seen them initiate conflict but on the same hand I have never seen them be able to let it go and walk away from it. They need to be coached up knowing what we are rolling into or it could be costly. If we can act like we have been here before and play our game I think we win...If it gets chippy early and turns into trench warfare bordering on a brawl advantage goes to Blytheville. Who ever wins has their work cut out for them.
Quote from: JessieP on November 13, 2018, 08:40:01 pm
Blytheville can punish people.
They may can attack, abuse, assault, beat, bang, & berate but If Postal has thought us anything....only the Goobs can punish!!!  ;D ;D ;D

wynnefootballfan

Quote from: South 45 on November 14, 2018, 10:17:22 am
I can't believe I'm going to miss this game!!!
Everyone from the east keeps bringing up Blyth's tendency to fall short on discipline. I think this deep in the playoffs that could become a real downfall. Frustration erodes discipline. I'm not going to call any names or numbers but we have a couple players that are what I will call "Retaliators". I have never seen them initiate conflict but on the same hand I have never seen them be able to let it go and walk away from it. They need to be coached up knowing what we are rolling into or it could be costly. If we can act like we have been here before and play our game I think we win...If it gets chippy early and turns into trench warfare bordering on a brawl advantage goes to Blytheville. Who ever wins has their work cut out for them.They may can attack, abuse, assault, beat, bang, & berate but If Postal has thought us anything....only the Goobs can punish!!!  ;D ;D ;D

This is a good point, Players from other teams can see this as well. All it takes is a little extra low key poking, proding and jawing as the game goes on. If the Chicks can keep this at bay and stay with there plan they have a very good chance to win. I think this is the best matched game in 5A this week. Morrilton is obviousley a darn good team as well.

Grond

I must confess that I haven't seen Blytheville play a lot this year. But to me, it seems a lot of Blytheville's "ups and downs" are related to the performance of their passing game.

Even against Paragould, the game was close, until midway through the 3rd quarter. Blytheville seemed to remember that they had a passing game, and left Paragould in the dust.

Friday, there is supposed to be a big warm up, with low winds. That will help Blytheville's passing game. Not sure what that does for Morrilton.

Overdahill

Quote from: wynnefootballfan on November 14, 2018, 10:44:18 am
This is a good point, Players from other teams can see this as well. All it takes is a little extra low key poking, proding and jawing as the game goes on. If the Chicks can keep this at bay and stay with there plan they have a very good chance to win. I think this is the best matched game in 5A this week. Morrilton is obviousley a darn good team as well.

A hundred years ago when I was on the field instead of the computer we had a special defensive call for teams that that tended to get chippy. It was called "The Hammer". Once the offense set,the whole defensive front count 1,000 and 1 to yourself, smash the guy in front of you and then point at him like he had moved. It usually gained us 5 years and a snicker but the real benefit was that it would take some teams out of their game plan and then focused only on retaliation. Good times

Deltaswarm3

Quote from: Grond on November 14, 2018, 10:56:22 am
I must confess that I haven't seen Blytheville play a lot this year. But to me, it seems a lot of Blytheville's "ups and downs" are related to the performance of their passing game.

Even against Paragould, the game was close, until midway through the 3rd quarter. Blytheville seemed to remember that they had a passing game, and left Paragould in the dust.

Friday, there is supposed to be a big warm up, with low winds. That will help Blytheville's passing game. Not sure what that does for Morrilton.
Keep in mind Blytheville had several key players out for several games, they didn't get everyone back until the Forrest City game.

Missco

I don't figure the game with Morrilton will get chippy.

Overdahill

Quote from: Missco on November 14, 2018, 11:23:57 am
I don't figure the game with Morrilton will get chippy.

It should be a good one

Duck12

Quote from: Deltaswarm3 on November 14, 2018, 11:23:49 am
Keep in mind Blytheville had several key players out for several games, they didn't get everyone back until the Forrest City game.

They have never got everyone back. The crazy part of this team is they could be way better. They are probably missing 5 or 6 starters from the first of the year due to off the field issues. I don't want to go into detail but what this team has done with the next man up mentality has been amazing.

Hogman2018

Quote from: Duck12 on November 14, 2018, 05:05:57 pm
They have never got everyone back. The crazy part of this team is they could be way better. They are probably missing 5 or 6 starters from the first of the year due to off the field issues. I don't want to go into detail but what this team has done with the next man up mentality has been amazing.
Its what you call the East being really bad this year! You only beat Lakeside by a couple of touchdowns! They were really bad on defense.

JessieP

Quote from: Overdahill on November 14, 2018, 11:19:25 am
A hundred years ago when I was on the field instead of the computer we had a special defensive call for teams that that tended to get chippy. It was called "The Hammer". Once the offense set,the whole defensive front count 1,000 and 1 to yourself, smash the guy in front of you and then point at him like he had moved. It usually gained us 5 years and a snicker but the real benefit was that it would take some teams out of their game plan and then focused only on retaliation. Good times

Great post, It's funny because it's true. That is far more effective than people realize, You'd be surprised how often the refs can be swayed by numbers. If one guy points he's trying to place blame. If the whole front points the refs wonder if they missed something.

Back when I played, You know with the high top cleats, leather helmets with no face guard and the drop kick, We would call the "Texas Fire". In the huddle we'd call "Texas Fire", That meant the next time they run between the tackles the db's would start screaming FUMBLE and rush the pile. The rest of the team would dog pile the ball carrier while screaming FUMBLE. At the bottom of the pile we did whatever it took to get the ball. Yes, grabbing private parts was fair game. Mind you the runner never fumbled but the entire defense pointed and screamed like he did. When they cleared the scrum and saw we had the ball they assumed there was a fumble. Now if it failed, It often did, We would run on Monday like we slept with the coaches wife. Mind you this was Texas, Cheerleader tryouts often involved fist fights.

JoeDirt

Quote from: Hogman2018 on November 14, 2018, 06:48:01 pm
Its what you call the East being really bad this year! You only beat Lakeside by a couple of touchdowns! They were really bad on defense.

Blytheville had 5 turnovers, still scored 41 pts and the last TD Lakeside scored was against 9th graders with less than a minute to go.

So I guess I can see why 41-27 doesn't impress you.

South 45

I want to give a BIG shout out to all the Morrilton High School students and players who have discovered this page and this thread over the last couple of days. (Yes, we saw the screen shots) PLEASE....keep in mind most of us posting here are a bunch of washed up "has beens"  who relive our youth through you all every Friday in the fall. I offer our ramblings here on this board to you all as proof positive that "Once a Devil Dog, always a Devil Dog" is more than a saying on a shirt. It is how many of us really do feel and hopefully some of you will too someday.  We appreciate all the work and effort you put into representing our school and community and are very proud of all you have overcome to get to this point. Safe travels tomorrow. Play hard. Play smart. Give us old timers something to post about next week. Guess we will see just how big and bad that Blytheville bunch is once they get Dawg Bit a time our two...
Go Dogs Go!!!
Now get off the internet and back to class!!!!!!   

the voice

Now now surely no one would take screenshots and post as bulletin board material 😏😏
Can't imagine that at all 🙄

JessieP

Quote from: South 45 on November 15, 2018, 11:49:02 am
I want to give a BIG shout out to all the Morrilton High School students and players who have discovered this page and this thread over the last couple of days. (Yes, we saw the screen shots) PLEASE....keep in mind most of us posting here are a bunch of washed up "has beens"  who relive our youth through you all every Friday in the fall. I offer our ramblings here on this board to you all as proof positive that "Once a Devil Dog, always a Devil Dog" is more than a saying on a shirt. It is how many of us really do feel and hopefully some of you will too someday.  We appreciate all the work and effort you put into representing our school and community and are very proud of all you have overcome to get to this point. Safe travels tomorrow. Play hard. Play smart. Give us old timers something to post about next week. Guess we will see just how big and bad that Blytheville bunch is once they get Dawg Bit a time our two...
Go Dogs Go!!!
Now get off the internet and back to class!!!!!!

Still 6 weeks left in the year and we already have the dumbest post of 2018, Take a bow. Has there been a rush of Morrilton students reading the FF boards? If there has then, Wow. A lot of us enjoy high school football. I myself enjoy Batesville out of sense of community. I never attended any Batesville schools nor has anyone in my family. I don't "Rah Rah" my school because frankly that would make me quite pathetic. To those out there who feel as though their life peaked in high school I am so sorry. There is a great big world out there that stretches beyond Morrilton's borders. Get out, Travel, Meet new people and experience other things.

For the record I am far from a "Has been", I am a proud never was. If ever in the future I post anything along the lines of "Panthers for life" or "Once a Panther, Always a Panther" (Plano East), I would ask my friends here to do me a huge favor, Shoot me. Try and get me on the first shot so I don't suffer. Remember, High school is a great experience, It's not a career.

JessieP

Quote from: the voice on November 15, 2018, 12:15:25 pm
Now now surely no one would take screenshots and post as bulletin board material 😏😏

No kidding. If anyone uses message board postings as material to fire up a team then that team has already lost. Besides, If people follow what's being said on these threads then the one thing that stands out is that Morrilton cannot be beat. With JC back they are an unstoppable force, A one man wrecking crew with no equal. They would destroy any 5A or any classification team in any State. If you go by these boards then you know Criswell can make the blind see, Calm the fevers and heal the lepers. The kid can walk across a lake and not get his ankles wet.

South 45

You know how to ruin a guys fishing trip???
Don't bite.... ;)

South 45

Quote from: the voice on November 15, 2018, 12:15:25 pm
Ha!!!
It was one of your posts the kids were all sharing... ;D

the voice

Youngsta71701

Quote from: JacketFan on November 10, 2018, 01:00:35 am
Gonna be one heckuva game here people, let the predictions begin.
If Criswell is halfway healthy I'll go with Morrilton.

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: JessieP on November 15, 2018, 12:25:24 pm
Still 6 weeks left in the year and we already have the dumbest post of 2018, Take a bow. Has there been a rush of Morrilton students reading the FF boards? If there has then, Wow. A lot of us enjoy high school football. I myself enjoy Batesville out of sense of community. I never attended any Batesville schools nor has anyone in my family. I don't "Rah Rah" my school because frankly that would make me quite pathetic. To those out there who feel as though their life peaked in high school I am so sorry. There is a great big world out there that stretches beyond Morrilton's borders. Get out, Travel, Meet new people and experience other things.

For the record I am far from a "Has been", I am a proud never was. If ever in the future I post anything along the lines of "Panthers for life" or "Once a Panther, Always a Panther" (Plano East), I would ask my friends here to do me a huge favor, Shoot me. Try and get me on the first shot so I don't suffer. Remember, High school is a great experience, It's not a career.

I had you figured as JJ Pierce. 

Overdahill

November 15, 2018, 05:40:15 pm #31 Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 05:51:58 pm by Overdahill

U not an Odessa Permian Panther Fo Sho  ;D  (or you'd still be wearing that letterman jacket)

JessieP

Quote from: Overdahill on November 15, 2018, 05:40:15 pm
U not an Odessa Permian Panther Fo Sho  ;D  (or you'd still be wearing that letterman jacket)

Ever since Friday Night Lights came out the number of people who attended Permian has gone through the roof. I'm talking tens of thousands. If everyone in Texas who claimed to have played at Permian is telling the truth then they must average 500 players a year on that roster. "Holding, number 376, repeat second down".

wynnefootballfan

A few of us Wynne guys are thinking about goin to the Blytheville game. Supporting our Jackets but Harrison is  just a bit to far due to current plans. We also support the Chicks since there our conference cousins and the coaches being from Wynne.  Any other Easties wanna go could be fun to pull for the Chicks together.. If so wear you're teams colors.. Chicks will know why your there.  Probably will be one heck of a game..

DevilDog59

Is it hard to consistently be this bitter?

JessieP

Quote from: DevilDog59 on November 16, 2018, 10:15:05 am

Not at all. I have to admit that I went through a stage of anger directed at our maker. Why couldn't I have gone to Morrilton? Why did I have to graduate from a lesser school? Why did I have to move on with my life and not base my entire existence on what the Devil Dogs do? I eventually accepted my wretched lot in life and had to settle for meaningless achievements like graduating from college, Getting married and having children. I guess my bitterness still bleeds through.

Here's my penance, I will do 15 Hail Mary's and 15 Our Fathers. I will do the sign of the cross whenever the name Jacolby Criswell is said. Below are my picks.

The Jacolby Criswell Experience 66
Blytheville 2 (That's if the center snaps the ball over JC's head and out of the end zone)

South 45

Quote from: DevilDog59 on November 16, 2018, 10:15:05 am
Responding to JP is like throwing Brer Rabbit in the briar patch....He'll get no satisfaction from me...

Hoghead2

Morrilton 28
Blytheville  24
Final

JessieP

Quote from: South 45 on November 16, 2018, 12:14:15 pm
Responding to JP is like throwing Brer Rabbit in the briar patch....He'll get no satisfaction from me...

Now that is funny. It's not often I let out an audible chuckle, Even rarer when it's at my expense, But that was funny. +1

DevilDog59

Quote from: JessieP on November 16, 2018, 11:28:37 am
Not at all. I have to admit that I went through a stage of anger directed at our maker. Why couldn't I have gone to Morrilton? Why did I have to graduate from a lesser school? Why did I have to move on with my life and not base my entire existence on what the Devil Dogs do? I eventually accepted my wretched lot in life and had to settle for meaningless achievements like graduating from college, Getting married and having children. I guess my bitterness still bleeds through.

Here's my penance, I will do 15 Hail Mary's and 15 Our Fathers. I will do the sign of the cross whenever the name Jacolby Criswell is said. Below are my picks.

The Jacolby Criswell Experience 66
Blytheville 2 (That's if the center snaps the ball over JC's head and out of the end zone)

It's hilarious to me that you hate us more than you like your own team. Enjoy your bitterness lol... Go Dogs!

JessieP

Quote from: DevilDog59 on November 16, 2018, 04:22:57 pm
It's hilarious to me that you hate us more than you like your own team. Enjoy your bitterness lol... Go Dogs!

I do.

Missco

juicebox

DevilDog59

Does Blytheville normally play this chippy? Seems like they're killing them selves with these personal fouls.

the voice

Duck12

Quote from: DevilDog59 on November 16, 2018, 08:07:16 pm
Does Blytheville normally play this chippy? Seems like they're killing them selves with these personal fouls.

Yep that's how we play. This is a good night for us. Hasn't been that bad.

the voice

the voice

the voice

the voice

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas