• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fordyce @ Hampton

Started by Southark, October 20, 2018, 03:56:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Southark

What do you guys think?? I'm a Hampton fan but to me this one is a toss up.

old.dole

Southark

I can't argue with ya dole lol. Think it'll be a defensive battle

cuz

I think it will be a great game till halftime the Fordyce 's depth will start to take over....

Southark

You may be right "cuz". I think just from watching the Hampton JC game the score was a little off from how the game was played. Although JC did wear Hampton down in the 4th we did outgain JC on offense. I came into this game thinking Hampton would definitely get the 2 seed but Fordyce is DEFINITELY no pushover

dawgpound

I thought fordyce was struggling with numbers what is this depth you speak of

cuz

Quote from: dawgpound on October 21, 2018, 02:34:12 pm
I thought fordyce was struggling with numbers what is this depth you speak of
They're not loaded but do have more than Hampton plus fewer playing both ways....

Bearden_Bear72

If Hampton can play a full game then I think they got a good chance of winning.  Against JC for first half it looked as if Hampton had control of game but conditioning got em by end of third and that's when JC pulled away.  Fordyce  will have the same game plan

sickwillie

Quote from: cuz on October 21, 2018, 05:30:17 pm
They're not loaded but do have more than Hampton plus fewer playing both ways....

each team has 24 non freshman on the roster, and Hampton actually seems to have less players going both way.

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: sickwillie on October 22, 2018, 09:56:51 am
each team has 24 non freshman on the roster, and Hampton actually seems to have less players going both way.

Hampton edges the Bugs to take the #2 seed 

baseball13

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on October 22, 2018, 10:54:02 am
Hampton edges the Bugs to take the #2 seed

This should be a real good game and could go either way. Hampton is going to be the underdog in this game because Fordyce gave JC all they wanted but Hampton is no slouch. I am going to go with Hampton by 12 in this game. 28-16

SOUTHARK99

Should be a good game. The #2 seed on the line and at least one home playoff game. I think Fordyce's speed will be to much for the Dogs. Fordyce 30 Hampton 21.

baseball13

Hampton has a lot of speed this year. I don't think speed will be the difference

dawgpound

To me junction didn't look as good as when Hampton played them. Looked to me like both them and fordyce struggled to get something going on offense. i think the dawgs take this one by 18 in a good ol fashion beat down at Arnold Stadium

cuz

Quote from: dawgpound on October 22, 2018, 08:04:13 pm
To me junction didn't look as good as when Hampton played them. Looked to me like both them and fordyce struggled to get something going on offense. i think the dawgs take this one by 18 in a good ol fashion beat down at Arnold Stadium
JC definitely struggled against Fordyce but got it done. If the dogs don't run out of steam they just might win this one....will be a good game to be at....they need to keep there head in the game also....

Dapper Dan

Dogs will out run and put power fordyce. Depth or not let's not forget they won a state weight meet. I think the line is too tough for Hampton. Plus it is a home game, fans will be too rowdy for the bugs.  Dogs 32-12

cuz

October 23, 2018, 12:14:46 am #16 Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 12:17:01 am by cuz
Quote from: Dapper Dan on October 23, 2018, 12:01:52 am
Dogs will out run and put power fordyce. Depth or not let's not forget they won a state weight meet. I think the line is too tough for Hampton. Plus it is a home game, fans will be too rowdy for the bugs.  Dogs 32-12
Fans might be reason they lose. When they lose control so do the players, then too many PF's, game over....

baseball13

Quote from: cuz on October 23, 2018, 12:14:46 am
Fans might be reason they lose. When they lose control so do the players, then too many PF's, game over....

I have never seen a Hampton fan get a PF.

dawgpound

Naw we get them boys fired up maybe a little to much sometimes. bugs get ready for the boom cannon

Rida4Life

Man I agree that this one is a toss up.

I think it comes down to toughness and Hampton might have the edge there. 
Dawgs by 6

dawgpound

This used to be a fun thread now it's dead this year

old.dole

Ff as a whole has been pretty weak this year

baseball13

dole that's what I was thinking as well.

sheepdawg92

Lionsquatch

One thing that could give Fordyce problems is playing a good Hampton team right after just playing a good JC team.  It can be hard playing 2 weeks in a row against playoff contenders.  I think after a rested week for both teams Fordyce would take it but as is it'll be a toss up

old.dole

I can't aggravate you hamptonites anymore this year y'all have proved me wrong everytime. It's a lot more fun when I'm right

sickwillie

Quote from: old.dole on October 24, 2018, 11:49:58 am
I can't aggravate you hamptonites anymore this year y'all have proved me wrong everytime. It's a lot more fun when I'm right

You have been wrong several times this year haven't you, Dole? You said PC would be a competitive game, Star City would win... what else did you say??  ;D

I like when you guys get us Hamptonites going.

dawgpound

Man i ready to see that junkyard dawg defense in action

cuz

October 24, 2018, 02:48:49 pm #28 Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 02:52:02 pm by cuz
Quote from: baseball13 on October 23, 2018, 07:03:49 am
I have never seen a Hampton fan get a PF.
Players!!!
Quote from: dawgpound on October 23, 2018, 07:45:24 am
Naw we get them boys fired up maybe a little to much sometimes. bugs get ready for the boom cannon

HG Hornet

dawgpound

Southark

bleudog

LaLaLand:  Fordyce (AR) at Hampton (AR)   [projection: Hampton (AR) 22-12]

Hooties:  Fordyce at HAMPTON (2): Winner secures the second playoff seed and a first-round home playoff game. The loser will be on the road throughout the playoffs as the third seed. Fordyce lost a 7-6 gut-wrencher last week to Junction City, giving up a TD and extra point in the final six seconds. Hampton held Bearden to 77 yards in a 40-0 victory. Hampton defeated then-Class 3A Fordyce the past two years, 38-12 and 14-12.

dawgpound

Dragon_Slayer

dawgpound

Hampton 14 fordyce 0. 6:24   2nd

SOUTHARK99

Hampton defense is for real.

dawgpound

SOUTHARK99

baseball13

int hampton. hampton in 20 yard line with 2:00 left in half

SOUTHARK99

bleudog

dawgpound

Think d got a little lazy on the last play of the half

SOUTHARK99

That is a sophomore and he is fast. I hope we can get back into the game.

dawgpound

Yea he is broke free from a couple arm tackles to

Southark

Southark

Just curious why was there no hand shake after the game? After Hampton kneeled it Fordyce automatically went to locker room.

sickwillie

Quote from: Southark on October 26, 2018, 09:37:06 pm
Just curious why was there no hand shake after the game? After Hampton kneeled it Fordyce automatically went to locker room.

Fordyce admin requested no hand shake.

THA TRUTH

Hmmm no problems last week between jc and fordyce.... I wonder what Hampton did this time

cav2012

"Fordyce is top 3" hahahaha

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas