• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1-3A Week 8

Started by beach bum, October 13, 2018, 09:22:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

beach bum

October 13, 2018, 09:22:43 am Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 09:26:30 am by beach bum
3 competitive games on paper with another rivalry in the 4th matchup so this makes for a really good week in the conference..... I won't make any picks, but just a few notes and you all can chime in on the thoughts or make picks about the week in the conference.

Booneville vs Charleston- I know it was against Paris, but it must have been nice for Charleston to finally work out some offensive kinks last night. Booneville just smashed Mansfield and has their train rolling down hill. Booneville's just plain and simple too much for anyone right now.

Lamar vs Mansfield- essentially this looks like it is a battle for the 2 seed for the winner taking that spot. After Greenland got some big passing plays against Lamar in the 2nd half which is what Mansfield can do too this looks like it should be quite the exciting and competitive game. Good luck to both teams here and both sets of fans should be in for a treat

Cedarville vs Greenland- The battle to determine Pirate supremacy, but more importantly Greenland can lock up a playoff spot with a win knowing they have Paris and West Fork after this game. Cedarville gets back into the playoff hunt, and in fact holds its own destiny over Greenland if it can muster up one more win if they do pull out this one over Greenland. This game and the Mansfield vs Lamar game have so much riding on them for the playoff seeding. Cedarville did it against bad competition, but they're averaging 57 ppg the last two weeks to gain some much needed confidence for this game while Greenland is coming off 3 straight losses to good competition. If Cedarville stops Greenland's big plays this will be a competitive game that goes either way

Paris vs West Fork- It will be nice for a set of kids to taste victory for the first time all year. I think Paris has a little bit more than West Fork, but who really knows in this one. This probably is the only shot for either one to win so I hope these kids come out firing on both sides for that chance.

xadboy

Booneville by 30

Lamar by 8

Greenland by 14

Paris by 1

MICHAELSPAPPY

October 13, 2018, 05:28:43 pm #2 Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 05:37:08 pm by MICHAELSPAPPY
Lamar/Mansfield by far the game of the week. Toss a coin on that one. I have no idea. Which Lamar team will show up? Lamar is essentially a grind-it-out offense, but they can explode for big plays any time, air as well as ground. It is up to Doc to get their attention this week.

(I really wish he would take off the earphones so he could throw his cap like he used to do in the old days. It could be a pretty effective motivator.)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas