• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Magazine Rattler Football Thread 2023

Started by alaskanstorm, September 23, 2018, 09:37:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Coach Jones

Great players MAKE great coaches rarely the other way around.

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: Coach Jones on October 04, 2018, 10:35:49 am
Great players MAKE great coaches rarely the other way around.

True, but give yourself the credit that good coaches know how to take advantage of good players, and they make good players better. Which you did.

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: alaskanstorm on October 04, 2018, 07:56:19 am
I think all of y'all are wrong but WCA especially.  Think about it you could of had the hector Dog's, the hector Shepherd's or the hector German's all of which are better than a wildcat; so,  i double checked with my source and they reaffirmed the town of hector is named after the great Mexican arm and thumb wrestling champion Hector Lopez. 

Then WCA goes on this rant about how the 4 2A has always gone through hector; which, 43 shot down with facts LL.  But even if he hadn't, i did some research and was a bit disappointed, to be honest.  With all these conferences championships and rich football tradition hector has obtained,  their playoff history is only slightly better than da 'burgs.  y'all are routinly good for a second round win 50% of the time and then that it.  So i guess the only team in the conference with any history of deep playoff runs, resides at the base of the only mountain in Arkansas, which is Magazine.  The rattlers plan on being in the drivers seat of the 4 2A after this Friday and bring the conference championship back to the where it belongs.

But for now i have to go to the farm my mother called, she said a wildcat has invaded the barn and she wants me take care of the problem.  I'll get back on later and let you all know how it went.

'zinners 28  Hector Lopez 10
Hopefully you'll be at the game tomorrow to watch in person as the Wildcats take care of business

MICHAELSPAPPY

Hector is the favorite, and should be. But it is very nice just to have the Rattlers back in the conversation at this point. Hector can't afford to snooze.

rattlerfan24

Quote from: DnA Prostaff on October 04, 2018, 08:11:29 am

So humor me.... lets compare where Magazine finished in the regular season standings over the last 10 years compared to Mountainburg and Hector, since these other two seem to be the teams your dogging.   Magazine had 2 deep playoffs runs, one of which ended with the state championship.  Excluding those 2 years, what else have you got?
incorrect....magazine had 3 deep runs.  The state championship season was bookended with semi final losses

rattlerfan24

That's three deep runs in 20 years of football.........
Who can claim three semifinal appearances in a twenty year stretch?

baseball13

Quote from: rattlerfan24 on October 04, 2018, 03:12:46 pm

JC, BEARDEN, MT.IDA

Pick_DA_EAGLES

rattlerfan24

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: rattlerfan24 on October 04, 2018, 03:45:13 pm
My point..exactly..very small list...

probably can narrow it down to 10 years though.

rattlerfan24

rattlerfan24

October 04, 2018, 04:09:16 pm #111 Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 04:34:34 pm by rattlerfan24
Now, how many of those programs accomplished that feat in the first 20 years of their existence..

alaskanstorm

Quote from: baseball13 on October 04, 2018, 03:16:45 pm
JC, BEARDEN, MT.IDA

This is an internal family squabble B13 pertaining to the teams in the 4 2A,  the rattlers will be read to take it up with those teams in late november.  Now da 'burg and Hector is probably a different story.

Wildcatalumni21

October 04, 2018, 04:34:08 pm #113 Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 04:36:38 pm by Wildcatalumni21
Quote from: rattlerfan24 on October 04, 2018, 03:12:46 pm
Hector. 6 at least quarter final appearances in the last 20 years, that includes 1 state championship and 1 other semifinal

HorseFeathers

alaskanstorm

October 04, 2018, 05:06:11 pm #116 Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 09:07:26 pm by alaskanstorm
So I just got back from taking care of my moms wildcat problem.  I called the towns animal control officer who said "if it is not within the town limits just pop'em in the head."  That didn't seem very sporty so I called the animal shelter who responded "We're full if they are not in the city limits just pop'em in the head."  I was in a predicament because I believe every creature deserves a fighting chance.  So as I was pondering how to take care of the situation I pulled into Chik Fil A and ordered me a kid meal, usually cheers me up.  The storm was initially disappointed when he found a blue laser pointer. What kind of toy is that for peats sake.  Well I turned onto my moms dirt road and this dump truck almost runs me off the road, after i few choice words the light bulb went off.  The Barn is situated about fifteen yards from the road, it didn't take me long to spot the culprit.  I proceeded to lure the wildcat out to the bushes by the road, using the laser pointer now in my possession.  I heard the diesel engine rumble in the distance and saw the dust clouds getting closer. I took my spot and right before the dump trucked passed, I flashed the laser across the road.  The wildcat was after it in a flash and SPLAT, no more cat problem.  But then as I was walking away I heard it a meow.  Needless to say by the end of the day the stats were as follows: 14 road kills,  7 detailments and 6 wildcats which ran away with severe PTSD.   I actually found it kind of ironic as the Hector Wildcats will probably become Road Kill tomorrow night. 

alaskanstorm

Quote from: Wildcatalumni21 on October 04, 2018, 04:34:08 pm
Hector. 6 at least quarter final appearances in the last 20 years, that includes 1 state championship and 1 other semifinal
One state Championship?  I must have over looked it on the AAA's record of  state champions.  Or are you referring an appearance? also y'all should correct hector's playoff record on this site to include those semi and final games.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

October 04, 2018, 05:15:18 pm #118 Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 05:17:15 pm by pick_DA_EAGLES
Quote from: rattlerfan24 on October 04, 2018, 04:08:30 pm
You can narrow Magazines down to 3

I have no idea, when our program started, but I know we were a POWERHOUSE in the 60's, went to back to back state title games in 75, 76, went pretty deep in 77 as well. then since 2008 have been a consistent team playing after thanksgiving.

alaskanstorm

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on October 04, 2018, 05:15:18 pm

I have no idea, when our program started, but I know we were a POWERHOUSE in the 60's, went to back to back state title games in 75, 76, went pretty deep in 77 as well. then since 2008 have been a consistent team playing after thanksgiving.
I don't want to look to far ahead into the future pDE.  but i'll go ahead and say it is a date, rattlers vs eagles thanksgiving week. Now we just have to wait and see who's house it will be in.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

October 04, 2018, 05:34:18 pm #120 Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 05:35:53 pm by pick_DA_EAGLES
Quote from: alaskanstorm on October 04, 2018, 05:33:42 pm
I don't want to look to far ahead into the future pDE.  but i'll go ahead and say it is a date, rattlers vs eagles thanksgiving week. Now we just have to wait and see who's house it will be in.

that would be nice. we played magazine in the 3rd round in 2009 and lost.

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: alaskanstorm on October 04, 2018, 05:14:05 pm
One state Championship?  I must have over looked it on the AAA's record of  state champions.  Or are you referring an appearance? also y'all should correct hector's playoff record on this site to include those semi and final games.
Yes appearances

HorseFeathers

Since we're getting all this history, is it JD leftwich or is it magazine? And who was JD Leftwich?

MICHAELSPAPPY

It is now Magazine. J. D. Leftwich was a local gentleman who gave a considerable amount of money toward the building of the current high school building, with the proviso that it bear his name for a certain number of years. However, the sign was changed a year or so ago back to Magazine HS, so I assume the time limit ran out.

alaskanstorm

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on October 04, 2018, 05:34:18 pm

that would be nice. we played magazine in the 3rd round in 2009 and lost.
I remember that game well pDE.  The game was in a stalmate going into the half 22-22, when Long Yang took the opening kickoff of the third qt  to the house 85 yards.  After chambers was put out of the game by a questionable hit, Dority, Day and the rest of rattler D, lead by Long Yang shut down da eagles O in the second half and cruised 45-22.

Big Cat Daddy

When was the last time Hector lost a game in 4 2a? How many in a row have they won? Just wondering?  8)

RATTLER43

October 04, 2018, 08:23:38 pm #126 Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 06:20:35 pm by RATTLER43
2012 Mtburg?  Maybe 20 in a row.   

alaskanstorm

Quote from: Big Cat Daddy on October 04, 2018, 07:58:32 pm
When was the last time Hector lost a game in 4 2a? How many in a row have they won? Just wondering?  8)

The storm only cares about when the cats are gonna lose their next one and it has been foreseen 10-5-18.   

'Ziners 30  HL 10

RATTLER43

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Big Cat Daddy on October 04, 2018, 07:58:32 pm

Hackett best Hector 27-6 (I think) back in 2012. That's the last time we beat them... I'm not sure after that. You'll have to check with the Burg posters, I know after that that Hackett lost to Hector 24-22 (once again, I think) at Hector in 2015.

DnA Prostaff

Prouddragondad

Yes Mtburg won 41-19 in 2012 and that was the last time we beat Hector.

simply stated

Both programs have had success. The Wilcats success has been more recent. The Rattlers had "The Long Yang Years". Both programs have reason to be proud.
If The Wilcats slip a little the well coming committee of Hyatt and Faugh will certainly introduce themselves. This one will be phyical. Rattlers 26-Wilcats 24

Wildcatalumni21

Ohhh it's GAMEDAY!!! May God have his hand over every fan for safe travels and every player, coach, official, and cheerleaders for a safe, clean, and injury free game!

I know the boys from Hector are fired up and focused and cat wait to see some pad popping, wood laying, physical football! Go Cats!!!!

alaskanstorm

Well like the storm has been preaching, the two Big Dogs on the porch face off tonight and the stakes just went up in 'zinerville.  Sources close to the program have confirmed that Long Yang is being helicoptered in tonight to give the pregame speech.  Anyone who knows Long Yang knows he is a man of action and few words.  His speech will probably go something like this, "Back in Long Yang's day we took pride and passion in our play, representing the town of magazine every Friday night.  When some bozo like WCA21 would get on fearless and talk trash about Long Yang's town, Long Yang took exception. Long Yang, would deliver a back alley beating those posers would never forget.  And that is what kind of play Long Yang expects tonight.  Because if Long Yang see any quitting out on that field tonight,  then tonight, after the game your going to have your coming to Jesus moment with Long Yang."  So expect the rattlers to take control of this one early, as it gets ugly and violent in the trenches. 

'ziners 33     HL 10

RATTLER43

I am kind of sad that the Magazine-Hector week is coming to an end.  I hope this continues for games the remainder of the season....

And, yes, Long Yang is a man of few words but he is like E.F. Hutton...... (Look it up if you are too young to remember.)

alaskanstorm

Lol 43 that is great and very accurate "When E.F. Hutton talks, people listen."

RATTLER43

I figured there were a few of us old enough....

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: alaskanstorm on October 05, 2018, 07:55:57 am
Well like the storm has been preaching, the two Big Dogs on the porch face off tonight and the stakes just went up in 'zinerville.  Sources close to the program have confirmed that Long Yang is being helicoptered in tonight to give the pregame speech.  Anyone who knows Long Yang knows he is a man of action and few words.  His speech will probably go something like this, "Back in Long Yang's day we took pride and passion in our play, representing the town of magazine every Friday night.  When some bozo like WCA21 would get on fearless and talk trash about Long Yang's town, Long Yang took exception. Long Yang, would deliver a back alley beating those posers would never forget.  And that is what kind of play Long Yang expects tonight.  Because if Long Yang see any quitting out on that field tonight,  then tonight, after the game your going to have your coming to Jesus moment with Long Yang."  So expect the rattlers to take control of this one early, as it gets ugly and violent in the trenches. 

'ziners 33     HL 10
Now I'm a bozo? That's cute. And never once did I talk trash about the town of Magazine? But it's okay, the only beating that takes place tonight will show itself when the clock it's 0:00 at the end of the 4th quarter on the scoreboard

MICHAELSPAPPY

Win or lose, how long has it been since a Magazine game has generated this much interest? It feels good.

Hoping the best for Coach Powell. He is one of the good guys in the profession.

alaskanstorm

Quote from: Wildcatalumni21 on October 05, 2018, 10:41:56 am
Now I'm a bozo? That's cute. And never once did I talk trash about the town of Magazine? But it's okay, the only beating that takes place tonight will show itself when the clock it's 0:00 at the end of the 4th quarter on the scoreboard
You just have to know Long Yang WcA21, when he gets fired up the emotions just take over.

rattlerfan24

October 05, 2018, 11:01:33 am #141 Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 11:09:27 am by rattlerfan24
Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on October 05, 2018, 10:44:51 am
Win or lose, how long has it been since a Magazine game has generated this much interest? It feels good.

Hoping the best for Coach Powell. He is one of the good guys in the profession.
last years game with WYC.  The event page drew around 500 invites.  Close to 200 attendees just from the event page.  Not sure total attendance but would have been two or three times that much.  Was dubbed the Chambers bowl.  Winner got a playoff spot and loser went home....it was awesome.
#teamryan
#teamcory

Hornet4ever

Doesn't look like I'll be able to come tonight. Having a 5 month old at home it can be tough to just leave for any game! Lol. Good luck to both teams, I'm rooting for Magazine tonight (because they beat us first).

Hopefully it's a good one.

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: alaskanstorm on October 05, 2018, 10:48:07 am
You just have to know Long Yang WcA21, when he gets fired up the emotions just take over.
Well the siren sounds off at 7 starting the festivities, only people that was at the Hector game last week know what I'm talking about

rattlerfan24

Quote from: Hornet4ever on October 05, 2018, 11:05:53 am
Doesn't look like I'll be able to come tonight. Having a 5 month old at home it can be tough to just leave for any game! Lol. Good luck to both teams, I'm rooting for Magazine tonight (because they beat us first).

+1

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: Hornet4ever on October 05, 2018, 11:05:53 am

I'm hurt by this, I need to go to my safe zone and talk about my feelings now. Thanks alot Hornet 😞

RATTLER43

Quote from: Wildcatalumni21 on October 05, 2018, 10:41:56 am

When dealing with the 'storm you have to batten down the hatches, man.  He is a force like Chuck Norris, Thanos, and Long Yang.  You must be ultimately prepared at all times!

alaskanstorm

Quote from: Wildcatalumni21 on October 05, 2018, 11:09:31 am
I'm hurt by this, I need to go to my safe zone and talk about my feelings now. Thanks alot Hornet 😞
You will probably want to stay in your "safe zone" until the game is over WcA21.  Because when those sirens you referred to start going off, the rattlers O is going to start raining BOMBS on the car D. 

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: alaskanstorm on October 05, 2018, 12:15:53 pm
You will probably want to stay in your "safe zone" until the game is over WcA21.  Because when those sirens you referred to start going off, the rattlers O is going to start raining BOMBS on the car D.
Or maybe you can wake up from the fantasy you've been living in and realize the Cats will be raining terror on your offense

alaskanstorm

Oh the cats will be reigning terror tonight alright and I will be at that game but it won't be those wonna  be felines from Hector.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas