• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kirby Girls

Started by LeftyWorld, August 23, 2018, 08:48:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

LeftyWorld

Thought they looked pretty good at the one camp I saw them at this year.

Bosshog34

From what I know about them, they lost the Smith girl at guard but return everyone else.  They were already about 7 or 8 deep and added a girl from Ouachita, Centerpoint and Dierks.  Not sure where they rank in terms of 1A state but they will definitely be the best team in southwest Arkansas on the girls side.  Caddo Hills would have been pretty good but their best player moved at the beginning of the year.  Look for Kirby to be in the semis at least this year and probably winning it all next year.

NWA Hawg

Quote from: Bosshog34 on August 23, 2018, 08:58:18 am
From what I know about them, they lost the Smith girl at guard but return everyone else.  They were already about 7 or 8 deep and added a girl from Ouachita, Centerpoint and Dierks.  Not sure where they rank in terms of 1A state but they will definitely be the best team in southwest Arkansas on the girls side.  Caddo Hills would have been pretty good but their best player moved at the beginning of the year.  Look for Kirby to be in the semis at least this year and probably winning it all next year.

Where did the girl at Caddo move to? They seem to always have their best players leaving.

Bosshog34

I heard she moved to Guy Perkins

Lionroar

What girls did they get from Ouachita, Centerpoint, and Dierks?

Bosshog34

All of it could be hearsay but was told the girl from Ouachita was their best player on that team.  She is supposed to be about 5'9 and really good.  The girl from Centerpoint actually moved over at the end of basketball season last year and sat with the on the bench at the state tournament.  She never played last year but will be eligible this year.  The girl from Dierks was the best player on their Jr high team last year.  Not sure if any will start because Kirby had a lot returning already but each of them will add even more depth to a team that was already going to compete for state this year.

thebigman3

SackAttack

Quote from: thebigman3 on August 23, 2018, 01:21:31 pm
She did.
Dude where's you been?? Dude where's your car?? Will she start?? The new player not the car

Neckred

Quote from: fann07 on August 23, 2018, 10:14:56 am
Where did the girl at Caddo move to? They seem to always have their best players leaving.
I wonder why?  HMMMM

thebigman3

Quote from: SackAttack on August 23, 2018, 03:46:16 pm
Dude where's you been?? Dude where's your car?? Will she start?? The new player not the car
I would be extremely surprised if she did not start, yes, and there is never anything good to talk about during summer, but I've been here.

BannerChaser95

With last years team being 1 senior, no juniors. Should be decent, also picked up a girl from Wisconsin, heard she's a 3 year starter (any truth to that I have no clue) she's cousins with the Taylor Swanson girl who hit the game winner against Wonderview at Izard County to send Kirby to the finals. Not sure about the Ouachita girls situation, but the Centerpoint and Dierks transfers actually both lived in Kirby's school districts. The centerpoint girl transferred before centerpoint had finished its season. And the dierks girls are working on their 3rd or 4th head coach in as many seasons. So hard to not justify the school transfer already living in the school district.

SackAttack

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on August 31, 2018, 06:35:46 pm
With last years team being 1 senior, no juniors. Should be decent, also picked up a girl from Wisconsin, heard she's a 3 year starter (any truth to that I have no clue) she's cousins with the Taylor Swanson girl who hit the game winner against Wonderview at Izard County to send Kirby to the finals. Not sure about the Ouachita girls situation, but the Centerpoint and Dierks transfers actually both lived in Kirby's school districts. The centerpoint girl transferred before centerpoint had finished its season. And the dierks girls are working on their 3rd or 4th head coach in as many seasons. So hard to not justify the school transfer already living in the school district.
Oh lord here we go again

HorseFeathers

Why go to the correct district now though?

Eagles

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on August 31, 2018, 06:35:46 pm
Quote from: SackAttack on August 31, 2018, 09:59:47 pm
Oh lord here we go again

Kirbys has always gotten a few players move in, but this year seems to be more than usual. Should be the favorite to win it all if these transfers are correct.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: HorseFeathers on September 03, 2018, 09:04:08 pm
Why go to the correct district now though?
I've already explained to you. Centerpoint girl wasn't getting along with the other girls and moved before centerpoints season was even over, dierks working on their 4th coach in 4 years.

SackAttack

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on September 04, 2018, 09:56:07 am
I've already explained to you. Centerpoint girl wasn't getting along with the other girls and moved before centerpoints season was even over, dierks working on their 4th coach in 4 years.
Well doesn't this just make everything fine with the Top 1 move in class for the 83rd year in a row! It just happens doesn't it man

thebigman3

Quote from: SackAttack on September 04, 2018, 12:35:42 pm
Well doesn't this just make everything fine with the Top 1 move in class for the 83rd year in a row! It just happens doesn't it man
I just wanna know what would happen if a kid that's good at basketball moved too west side what you would say then..

SackAttack

Quote from: thebigman3 on September 04, 2018, 02:10:08 pm
I just wanna know what would happen if a kid that's good at basketball moved too west side what you would say then..
It would be a rare occurrence! You Guy and Kirby folks don't know what to do with homegrown kids! Y'all let somebody else coach em through their young formative years then reap all the benefits of work already put in! Tell me Stacey how are the Tbirds this year??

BannerChaser95

Quote from: SackAttack on September 04, 2018, 12:35:42 pm
Kirby's Final four team from last year featured 4 starters who had been at Kirby since kindergarten.. but I mean we could have a girl up north if only we had hired her dad as the superintendent... put her on the same court as gracen smith last year and watch out. Homegrown, grown at the school next to us doesn't really matter if you do it legally and are "reaping" the benefits. I don't know why a girl who lives in Kirby's school district, plays out standing basketball, would want to continue going to a school who's on its 4th coach in as many years as she's been playing ball.. couldn't even find on file a time dierks girls had made state but I digress

hillbillyball

Quote from: Eagles on September 03, 2018, 10:19:32 pm
Kirbys has always gotten a few players move in, but this year seems to be more than usual. Should be the favorite to win it all if these transfers are correct.

Usually summer ball acquaintances help get the ball rolling

SackAttack

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on September 04, 2018, 04:47:52 pm
Kirby's Final four team from last year featured 4 starters who had been at Kirby since kindergarten.. but I mean we could have a girl up north if only we had hired her dad as the superintendent... put her on the same court as gracen smith last year and watch out. Homegrown, grown at the school next to us doesn't really matter if you do it legally and are "reaping" the benefits. I don't know why a girl who lives in Kirby's school district, plays out standing basketball, would want to continue going to a school who's on its 4th coach in as many years as she's been playing ball.. couldn't even find on file a time dierks girls had made state but I digress
Same song different verse! Last year it was the boys this year girls!! Y'all need a different song there Banner Chaser because the rationale is old and stale but y'all keep on winning your 35-38 and getting bounced in the quarters

BannerChaser95

Quote from: SackAttack on September 04, 2018, 10:06:22 pm
Same song different verse! Last year it was the boys this year girls!! Y'all need a different song there Banner Chaser because the rationale is old and stale but y'all keep on winning your 35-38 and getting bounced in the quarters
semis*

Bosshog34

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on September 04, 2018, 04:47:52 pm

Im pretty sure the girl from Dierks that is in tenth grade does not live in the district.  Now the 8th grade move in from Dierks might but the tenth grader definitely still lives in Dierks.  Kirby would still be good without all the move ins but they would not be making state semis every other year in girls.  The boys would of had a hard time even making state last year without the 3 move ins from caddo and the one kid from acorn.  Everyone knows that Marty Smith is a heck of a coach but you give anyone in Class A those 4 move ins and pair them with Carson Smith, and you will easily make state tournament.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: Bosshog34 on September 05, 2018, 09:06:36 am
Im pretty sure the girl from Dierks that is in tenth grade does not live in the district.  Now the 8th grade move in from Dierks might but the tenth grader definitely still lives in Dierks.  Kirby would still be good without all the move ins but they would not be making state semis every other year in girls.  The boys would of had a hard time even making state last year without the 3 move ins from caddo and the one kid from acorn.  Everyone knows that Marty Smith is a heck of a coach but you give anyone in Class A those 4 move ins and pair them with Carson Smith, and you will easily make state tournament.
Kirby girl she by the year

08- Semis
09- 1st round of state
10- State Champions
11- Semis
12-Quarter
13-Quarter
14-Semis
15-Semis
16-State Runner up
17-Semis

Dierks Girls by the years *This isn't anything against dierks, but more of a football forum school*
(NO STATE TOURNAMENT APPERANCES)

Sure can't figure out what the deciding factors were for the move but I'll jump to conclusions and say it's not the curriculum, so sure Kirby benefits from the moves. But is that Kirby's fault or are we saying it's just not "ethical" because WS Greer's ferry has been down for a minute? 🤔 AAA seems to know all about it, just a bunch of grown folks complaining on the internet at this point. Heck if you're Pulaski academy you can just go around offering football stars moms lunch lady jobs 🤷🏼‍♂️

Bosshog34

Im not saying the girl is right or wrong for moving but there are rules in place that are supposed to keep kids from moving for athletic purposes.  Anyone that knows anything about Kirby, knows that they are not an academic school.  I have nothing against a kid moving for basketball reasons but I get tired of Kirby people getting on here saying this is the year.  Every year should be the year when they get an AAU team of Pike and Howard county. Heck this year they moved in Clark county with some move ins

BannerChaser95

Quote from: Bosshog34 on September 05, 2018, 12:21:20 pm
Im not saying the girl is right or wrong for moving but there are rules in place that are supposed to keep kids from moving for athletic purposes.  Anyone that knows anything about Kirby, knows that they are not an academic school.  I have nothing against a kid moving for basketball reasons but I get tired of Kirby people getting on here saying this is the year.  Every year should be the year when they get an AAU team of Pike and Howard county. Heck this year they moved in Clark county with some move ins
You'll never find me saying this is the year, bias as I may be. I'd had Kirby winning it only a couple of times they didn't. Good lord knows that those Conway county schools have been a thorn in Coach's Tucker's side. But negative, won't find me saying "this is the year". I will say they're one of the better basketball schools with in the tri county area but I'd be lying if I thought year in and year out was their year. Go back and look at last year where I ranked the boys. I had Omaha #1 until regionals. Crap happens. You have to show up and play in March or you lose regardless if you're Bay/Kirby/Guy.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on September 05, 2018, 01:15:15 pm
You'll never find me saying this is the year, bias as I may be. I'd had Kirby winning it only a couple of times they didn't. Good lord knows that those Conway county schools have been a thorn in Coach's Tucker's side. But negative, won't find me saying "this is the year". I will say they're one of the better basketball schools with in the tri county area but I'd be lying if I thought year in and year out was their year. Go back and look at last year where I ranked the boys. I had Omaha #1 until regionals. Crap happens. You have to show up and play in March or you lose regardless if you're Bay/Kirby/Guy.

I think you all but said it about the boys last year.....You tried to convince me the girls wouldn't make it out of region last year early in the season...lol

BannerChaser95

Quote from: HorseFeathers on September 08, 2018, 08:22:15 am
I think you all but said it about the boys last year.....You tried to convince me the girls wouldn't make it out of region last year early in the season...lol
and they made semis. Shows you what I even know

Bosshog34

Kirby boys did not make semis last year. They beat Omaha then lost to Izard county. Izard county beat mount Vernon Ebola in the semis before playing Guy in the finals

HorseFeathers

You are on a thread about the girls team....

Bosshog34

Quote from: HorseFeathers on September 10, 2018, 07:33:16 am
You are on a thread about the girls team....

And the previous post before mine was talking about the guy all but calling Kirby BOYS to win it all last year. 

HorseFeathers

It was in response to me reminding bannerchaser that he told me the girls wouldnt be good last year and they made the semi finals...But carry on 🤷

BannerChaser95

September 10, 2018, 02:54:52 pm #32 Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 02:56:41 pm by BannerChaser95
Quote from: HorseFeathers on September 10, 2018, 09:46:21 am
It was in response to me reminding bannerchaser that he told me the girls wouldnt be good last year and they made the semi finals...But carry on 🤷
small knit community based on building. Tucker knows what he's doing. Lol. Could be why we lost to mammoth springs at home and then turned around and came from behind to beat them with out gracen smith on he floor at state. If that ain't building idk what is lol

Neckred

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on September 10, 2018, 02:54:52 pm
small knit community based on building. Tucker knows what he's doing. Lol. Could be why we lost to mammoth springs at home and then turned around and came from behind to beat them with out gracen smith on he floor at state. If that ain't building idk what is lol
Not gonna be able to replace Gracen Smith

BannerChaser95

Quote from: Neckred on September 10, 2018, 03:14:36 pm
Not gonna be able to replace Gracen Smith
She was a talent for sure! Good thing this team was all sophomores and freshman and her. A lot of room to grow these next 2 seasons with only 2 sr's being the girl from Wisconsin and the girl from centerpoint.

SackAttack

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on September 10, 2018, 05:39:00 pm
She was a talent for sure! Good thing this team was all sophomores and freshman and her. A lot of room to grow these next 2 seasons with only 2 sr's being the girl from Wisconsin and the girl from centerpoint.
Wisconsin crap y'all taking it Nationwide like ZZTop

BannerChaser95

Quote from: SackAttack on September 10, 2018, 08:49:10 pm
Wisconsin crap y'all taking it Nationwide like ZZTop
International if we can get any good exchange students this recruiting clas..

I mean next semester

Bigleague

At least Guy can win state championships with their recruits

SackAttack

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on September 11, 2018, 01:10:11 am
International if we can get any good exchange students this recruiting clas..

I mean next semester
Wouldnt surprise me one bit y'all can offer them all the Moonpies they can eat and RCCola they can drink! Have coming in droves

SackAttack

Quote from: Bigleague on September 11, 2018, 06:16:10 am
At least Guy can win state championships with their recruits
Yep don't look good getting bounced early regularly when you get the best players yearly from the surrounding mega cities

Neckred

Quote from: SackAttack on September 11, 2018, 12:19:37 pm
Yep don't look good getting bounced early regularly when you get the best players yearly from the surrounding mega cities
Mega cities lol

BannerChaser95

Quote from: SackAttack on September 11, 2018, 12:19:37 pm
Kirby Sr girls are averaging a better finish in the last 10 season other than a couple teams in the state. And they have a state title in there somewhere😉

Bosshog34

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on September 12, 2018, 02:49:16 am
Kirby Sr girls are averaging a better finish in the last 10 season other than a couple teams in the state. And they have a state title in there somewhere😉
No one is denying that Kirby girls are not a perennial contender.  I honestly am picking them to win it all this year but with the move ins that they are getting year in and year out, one state title in school history is just not very good in my opinion.  They easily should have at least 3 or 4 with the talent they have had in the past 15 years

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas