• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

PA at Harber

Started by PA Dad, August 19, 2018, 11:55:59 am

Previous topic - Next topic

footballfan-tastic

News Flash, Harber is in trouble.

HeberFan

Quote from: footballfan-tastic on August 27, 2018, 12:15:35 pm
News Flash, Harber is in trouble.

Every team has time to turn it around, THIS is still Week 1.

footballfan-tastic

Time is one thing, talent and coaching is the other.  Some years you just don't have it in all the right amounts.

HeberFan

Quote from: footballfan-tastic on August 27, 2018, 12:23:37 pm
Time is one thing, talent and coaching is the other.  Some years you just don't have it in all the right amounts.

And you can't accurately judge that to start the season.

Wildcat60

I went to this game and I have to admit that this was the worst Har Ber team that I can remember and it breaks my heart. With that being said, I also went to the NLR and Bentonville games. PA is one of the best teams in Arkansas, but don't think that the 7A Classification is a cake walk. I saw 2 teams play Sat that would have beat Har Ber just as bad and they probably would have ended that streak PA has going. PA picked a good year to play a very down 7A west team. PA will win state again this year, but Har Ber will be lucky to finish with 3 wins.

Brian G

This is going to leave a mark.

Old Scrapper

Earlier in this thread I have read - Harber by 21, no way PA can stay with likes of Harber, Now it's PA caught Harber on a down year! Good job PA at least I had one right on Pickems

HeberFan

Those who boast, end up as toast.

Complete Biased PoV

Quote from: Wildcat60 on August 27, 2018, 04:33:47 pm
I went to this game and I have to admit that this was the worst Har Ber team that I can remember and it breaks my heart. With that being said, I also went to the NLR and Bentonville games. PA is one of the best teams in Arkansas, but don't think that the 7A Classification is a cake walk. I saw 2 teams play Sat that would have beat Har Ber just as bad and they probably would have ended that streak PA has going. PA picked a good year to play a very down 7A west team. PA will win state again this year, but Har Ber will be lucky to finish with 3 wins.

You act like PA scheduled Har-Ber 2months ago.  The home and home was scheduled roughly 18 months ago, maybe they used the same crystal ball they have for judging future talent in kindergarten.

JessieP

I myself never gloated when people were posting about how Bryant took apart PA, I also am not in awe that PA took apart Harber. Bryant is a top 7A team, Harber is projected to be average to weak. My point is that neither game shows the dynasty is over or the ship is righted. Some 7A teams are bad. One 7A is a 16 point underdog to a 4A team this week. Harber used to be elite, now they are not. Florida is a fairly recent BCS National Champion. No one today sees them on the schedule and says "Oh crap, Florida".

HeberFan

Quote from: JessieP on August 28, 2018, 11:59:40 am
I myself never gloated when people were posting about how Bryant took apart PA, I also am not in awe that PA took apart Harber. Bryant is a top 7A team, Harber is projected to be average to weak. My point is that neither game shows the dynasty is over or the ship is righted. Some 7A teams are bad. One 7A is a 16 point underdog to a 4A team this week. Harber used to be elite, now they are not. Florida is a fairly recent BCS National Champion. No one today sees them on the schedule and says "Oh crap, Florida".

The Arkansas Razorbacks sure say, "Oh crap, Florida!"   Gators have won 9 of the last 11 matchups, and that trend doesn't project to change any time soon.

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: JessieP on August 28, 2018, 11:59:40 am
Good post.

sportsguy80

I was at this game and was disappointed with many phases from Harber. The game started off competitive but PA settled in did what they do while no adjustments were made from Harber on neither side of the ball. This has been part of the problems of past Harber teams which had much more talent but no rewards as the seasons progressed. I see coaching changes in the near future but who knows.

JessieP

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on August 28, 2018, 01:05:27 pm
Good post.

For one of my post? That must have hurt. There is no question that PA has some work to do, the down side for anyone who is not PA is that they've done it before. I hope that if there is a hole in their game it gets exposed in the playoffs. I don't want to see an early loss, too much time for their coaches to fix it. And please PA fans don't try and sell us that rancid "Our O-line needs work" line. PA's line has always been soft and unimpressive, it doesn't seem to matter. It defies everything we've ever learned about football, you need a big physical offensive line to win. Really? Come look at this team in Arkansas.

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: JessieP on August 28, 2018, 02:44:56 pm
For one of my post? That must have hurt. There is no question that PA has some work to do, the down side for anyone who is not PA is that they've done it before. I hope that if there is a hole in their game it gets exposed in the playoffs. I don't want to see an early loss, too much time for their coaches to fix it. And please PA fans don't try and sell us that rancid "Our O-line needs work" line. PA's line has always been soft and unimpressive, it doesn't seem to matter. It defies everything we've ever learned about football, you need a big physical offensive line to win. Really? Come look at this team in Arkansas.
I often agree with you on here. Occasionally you get drawn into arguments I don't think you even believe but generally we are on the same side of most issues. PA's line is often not a strength, but they've had some very good lines in the last 5 years and multiple D1 players that must not have been soft or unimpressive. But this year's line does have a lot to prove.

HeberFan

August 28, 2018, 03:19:35 pm #65 Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 03:29:05 pm by HeberFan
"PA's offensive line has always been soft and unimpressive."

The above is the most laughable line I've ever read in here.

Didn't PA offensive lineman Luke Jones go to Notre Dame?  I guess the Irish like their linemen soft and unimpressive?

JessieP

Quote from: HeberFan on August 28, 2018, 03:19:35 pm
"PA's offensive line has always been soft and unimpressive."

The above is the most laughable line I've ever read in here.

Didn't PA offensive lineman Luke Jones go to Notre Dame?  I guess the Irish like their linemen soft and unimpressive?

The most laughable line you've ever read? First I'd like to say how sorry I am that you have lived a life devoid of humor. Second, naming a few standout lineman over the years is what's called anecdotal, which means it is an exception or not based on evidence. 5 years ago Kobe Bryant was still considered if not the best the second best player in the NBA. By your rationale the Lakers would have been the 2nd best team. They were wretched, pitiful, missed the playoffs. By soft and unimpressive I was paying PA a massive complement. To win and win and win with no intimidating running game is incredible. KK himself said in an ESPN interview that he realized his team was void of big physical players. He built a dynasty in spite of that. He mastered playing the hand he was dealt. Before you start puffing your chest and "laughing" at what you perceive is diss you should bone up on football, it's a beautiful game. 

PA Dad

Quote from: JessieP on August 28, 2018, 06:14:48 pm
The most laughable line you've ever read? First I'd like to say how sorry I am that you have lived a life devoid of humor. Second, naming a few standout lineman over the years is what's called anecdotal, which means it is an exception or not based on evidence. 5 years ago Kobe Bryant was still considered if not the best the second best player in the NBA. By your rationale the Lakers would have been the 2nd best team. They were wretched, pitiful, missed the playoffs. By soft and unimpressive I was paying PA a massive complement. To win and win and win with no intimidating running game is incredible. KK himself said in an ESPN interview that he realized his team was void of big physical players. He built a dynasty in spite of that. He mastered playing the hand he was dealt. Before you start puffing your chest and "laughing" at what you perceive is diss you should bone up on football, it's a beautiful game.

There is some truth in both positions.  There have been years when P.A. had an outstanding offensive line.  There have been years when that has not been true.

Even in years when the o-line wasn't that good, PA usually has at least one outstanding lineman.

HeberFan

Quote from: PA Dad on August 28, 2018, 06:28:33 pm
There is some truth in both positions.  There have been years when P.A. had an outstanding offensive line.  There have been years when that has not been true.

Even in years when the o-line wasn't that good, PA usually has at least one outstanding lineman.

How can PA average scoring 50 points a game, for years, with a soft line?  If the PA line really is that bad, give Lane Hatcher even more credit. Hard to set a state passing record when you're constantly being pressed, hit and sacked. To think he threw all those touchdowns from his back, wow!   :o)

SUGARTOWN

I watched the a replay of this game and the Har-Ber color commentator seemed shocked PA went for it on their own end of the field on the first series and he seemingly had no idea who Hudson Henry was....geeez, clueless much?  ???

HeberFan

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on August 29, 2018, 09:14:10 am
I watched the a replay of this game and the Har-Ber color commentator seemed shocked PA went for it on their own end of the field on the first series and he seemingly had no idea who Hudson Henry was....geeez, clueless much?  ???

Those northwest Arkansas folks don't pay attention to anything south of Pope County.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: HeberFan on August 29, 2018, 09:26:36 am
Those northwest Arkansas folks don't pay attention to anything south of Pope County.

Yeah, but if you're on the radio or a webcast you should do a little research on your opponent before you go on the air and make a fool out of yourself. I do a little research every week before I go on the radio.

HeberFan

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on August 29, 2018, 09:34:33 am
Yeah, but if you're on the radio or a webcast you should do a little research on your opponent before you go on the air and make a fool out of yourself. I do a little research every week before I go on the radio.

But, you care about being a pro, and knowing about teams outside your region......

PA Dad

Quote from: HeberFan on August 29, 2018, 08:33:43 am
How can PA average scoring 50 points a game, for years, with a soft line?  If the PA line really is that bad, give Lane Hatcher even more credit. Hard to set a state passing record when you're constantly being pressed, hit and sacked. To think he threw all those touchdowns from his back, wow!   :o)

Did you see the championship game last year?  Hatcher was running for his life on most passing plays and was sacked a number of times.  And the same was true in the Parkview game.

HeberFan

Quote from: PA Dad on August 29, 2018, 10:20:08 am
Did you see the championship game last year?  Hatcher was running for his life on most passing plays and was sacked a number of times.  And the same was true in the Parkview game.

You are right, Hatcher was sacked seven times. But he completed 29 out of 50 passes for more than 400 yards and three touchdowns.

McClellan played a great game, as did PA.

PA scored a record 784 points last year. Not bad (or possible) with a so-called "soft" offensive line.

JessieP

Quote from: PA Dad on August 29, 2018, 10:20:08 am

And Batesville the year before. That argument from HeberFan inadvertently proved my point. Hatcher was an amazing qb. KK put together an offensive juggernaut that has set state and national records in spite of the fact he doesn't have an offensive line that can dominate. Hatcher ran that offense like a surgeon. 2 years ago Hatcher could have told you what flavor gum the Pioneer defensive front chewed, THEY SACKED HIM ONCE!. Against LRM he was running for his life, they won. Kelley himself has said he realized he would never have the players that could run between the tackles and take 5 minutes off the clock so he had to alter the way they played. It seemed to work out.   

HeberFan

Not saying PA has the offensive line of the 1970s Raiders or 1990s Cowboys.

Just saying they're not "soft."

bearbacker52

Does anyone know where previous PA athletes are playing college at? What an awesome team and program.

Yellowcake

The harber game announcer kept saying "and its third down!!!" When PA had a third down trying to get the crowd pumped for a stop and sure punt. He clearly had no idea it was no different than first or second down for PA. It was amusing. I don't think it ever clicked for him that we would never punt. They had us third and 10 at our own one once. I almost hoped we got stuffed on that play to watch them scratch their heads when we went for it. But we got a first down on the play.

Good times.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas