• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wonderview new girls coach

Started by Backboard Shattered, July 01, 2018, 05:49:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Backboard Shattered

Just wondering who the Wonder people hired.  I trained a couple of coaches that wanted that job

SackAttack

Was pondering the same thing myself wise!! Boss has called a meeting to finalize the fireworks show maybe he will clue us in! Been awful quiet over there in liquor land!!! Since Jerry Simmons left I pondered that many High Seed applicants would be vieing and byeing for that head man position

SackAttack

Whose Wonderingview gonna hire?? I'm guessing with the lackification of chatter it will be a Bottom Seed type! Good for Mt Vernon and Rural and other High Seed types Low Seeds too! I'm seeing lots of luggage I mean baggage!!

Backboard Shattered

July 03, 2018, 09:44:44 am #3 Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 12:37:29 pm by Backboard Shattered
Rumwhore has it they talked to the Boss but he said he doesn't like yellow only green and white then saided to stick it

SackAttack

Has Wonderingview hired anybody yet?? Zero quality applicantificates if the word on the dirt road over Hattieville and St Vincent or Liquor Land as the locals  call it! I figured the hairy knucklers at the store would have this locked up by now!! They need a Sonic over there to act as headquarters and the hub!!

Mr. Pappagiorgio

I hear they have some upper escilan people prospects. Gonna surprise some folks in the heatland of Arkansas. Furred up fans, furred players, furred up coaches! Go warriors!

SackAttack

softballfan22

I'm interested also! Saw they reposted the job on school spring.  I do think they got a good softball coaching coming from what I've heard. 

SackAttack

Quote from: softballfan22 on July 08, 2018, 03:44:07 pm
I'm interested also! Saw they reposted the job on school spring.  I do think they got a good softball coaching coming from what I've heard.
So you like softball?? Asking for a friend!! Ain't Wonderingview pretty much a basketball school??

softballfan22

Love softball, love football. I like a lot of sports. But a lot of times small schools with good basketball programs can have good softball programs. Means they have athletes. Not the same case with every school, but just pointing out someone told me they hired a good softball coach.

gamechanger11

Well who did they hire? I have heard no one they didn't like any of they applicants.

SackAttack

Quote from: gamechanger11 on July 09, 2018, 08:38:35 pm
Well who did they hire? I have heard no one they didn't like any of they applicants.
To coin a baseball phrase—-suhwing anda miss Strike three! Lowerseeds man lowerseeds

Moonshiner

Quote from: SackAttack on July 09, 2018, 09:31:13 pm
To coin a baseball phrase—-suhwing anda miss Strike three! Lowerseeds man lowerseeds

Are they actively recruiting?

rheddhoss

Any thoughts on who the new hire will be?

Hef

Word is that their first choice got vetoed at board meeting.

SackAttack

Quote from: Hef on July 14, 2018, 09:26:47 am
Word is that their first choice got vetoed at board meeting.
Must have been a Low Seed choice!! Who was it that got the veto?? Any names? Asking for a friend!!

SackAttack

Any news out of StillWonderingview?? Shore is taking a long time they must really be doing a through investigation on the possible candidates to get a High Seed hire! Where all those Wondering cats at?? Crickets chirping

BasketballNeverStops

Cody Richey is the new coach at Wonderview. Congrats and best of luck to him!

SackAttack

Quote from: BasketballNeverStops on July 19, 2018, 09:18:02 pm
WHO??? Richey from Westside?? Wow is all I got! Yes good luck with that! Refer to all my previous posts!! UnSacktacular!!

Bigleague

Seems like a panic hire.   Hard to believe it took this long to hire.  Why didn't squires just coach them

brock

Typically new hires just ride the previous coaches coat tail if they inherit a team consisting of a lot of returners. I feel you see more of what a coach can do once they have been at a particular school for 2-3 years.

BossBaby

Quote from: BasketballNeverStops on July 19, 2018, 09:18:02 pm

Hahahahaha

WarriorFan

SackAttack

Quote from: WarriorFan on July 20, 2018, 10:25:37 am
Where is he from??
Well he's from over here from Westside!! Best lake in the state! Best burger in the state! Best everything in the state! Especially our new boys coach Benny Brown

HorseFeathers

Wasn't Richey basically fired at wsgf, and seen his best talent playing for other schools?

Flobbito

I talked to a friend of mine from Morrilton, he has friends at WV, said that WV Sr. girls went undefeated at the Vilonia team camp with no coach... so not sure it will matter who is at the helm over there.

brock

My point exactly. Coaching is one of the most overrated professions out there.

Flobbito

Or you could say that Simon was an excellent coach whose teaching made a lasting impression on some athletic girls who have a high BB IQ, and they used what they learned from him and applied it even when he wasn't there to coach them.

SackAttack

Quote from: Flobbito on July 24, 2018, 11:03:12 am
Or you could say that Simon was an excellent coach whose teaching made a lasting impression on some athletic girls who have a high BB IQ, and they used what they learned from him and applied it even when he wasn't there to coach them.
Nah! More like everybody else was a Low Seed so Yeah I guess partial correct ivory is okay!!

brock

Talent wins ball games and at times championships.  There is such a thing as good and bad coaches, but it's way more about players then it is coaching. A good coach can make bad players competitive, but he/she isn't going to win state with them. A bad coach can look good with a team of thoroughbreds.

ballmember

U fixin to find out at WV my friend whether coaching matters.  WV lost a very good  coach. 

Backboard Shattered

You can look down the ranks of top notch coaches and see they all have ties to WSGF.  Richey had wsgf def trending upward.  Had helped develop that young sr girls team immensely.  Don't get me wrong I support the school board and parents they all voted and I'm glad Tutor is hear she will do great things building off of tradition and great talent that Richey has helped develop.  Carlton from MVE very talented squad lost in the state finals to Wonderview that Richey now coaches.  Brunson from County Line always year in and year out in the top 5 boys!  EVERY year!  I've The Perv Fairfield success everywhere he has been.  White coach at Searcy went thru wsgf.  Benny Brown takes over a great boys program with tons of talent.  I believe the Jr Boys have only lost 1 game ever!  Potential for great sucksess there.  Brady the best coach ever!  Hipp prob in the top 1 or 2 ever.  We don't rebuild we reload

Backboard Shattered

I really think Richey will do very well plus he already has 12 suits that are green!  Boom that's a bonus!  I can see Wonderview with him and Squeers going pretty far this tournament season!  Don't forget Richey you are from the land of the Boss!  Take that tradishuiun to the Wonderland and use it!  Notable games this year is WSGF and Wonderview!  It will be an all out slap fest!  Better buckle up!  I think during that game we will honor state champs from WSGF!  Great nights are coming! Will Richey sing our Alma Mater or the Wondergirls Alma? 

Backboard Shattered

July 26, 2018, 11:24:29 am #33 Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 06:42:59 am by Backboard Shattered
That's a great 1 2 1 2 3 combo for coaches!  I heard that there is a possibility of the 2 coaches combing talents and tagging each other in in crucial situayshuns.  Like if Richey is better in the 3rd quarter grind that Squeers could tag him in and get a coaching breather to gather his thoughts and come back great.  Same thing on the other side Richey can use his eagle prowess and help the boys!  Tag your in keeps both teams on the edge and coaches sharp.  Your welcome on dual state titles now WV!  I can be hired as a consultant if you have ties to wsgf

bball2015

Wonderview did take a loss to Mt. View today at Lyon College team camp, but Wonderview did beat Norfork 48-21 this evening at Lyon College team camp.

Bears_94

Quote from: bball2015 on July 26, 2018, 08:39:52 pm
Wonderview did take a loss to Mt. View today at Lyon College team camp, but Wonderview did beat Norfork 48-21 this evening at Lyon College team camp.
I heard Mountain View took a loss to Norfork also. Guess Wonderview still has Norfork's number. Wonderview didn't have Mountain View's though.

Backboard Shattered

Wonderview will have a great year!  I think that it will be a seamless transition from one coach to the next!  Similar styles!  And I think that Richey helps the boys program also!  We will miss him at wsgf but I wish him the best of luck and can't wait to watch them play

SackAttack

Quote from: Backboard Shattered on July 27, 2018, 06:33:48 am
Wonderview will have a great year!  I think that it will be a seamless transition from one coach to the next!  Similar styles!  And I think that Richey helps the boys program also!  We will miss him at wsgf but I wish him the best of luck and can't wait to watch them play
Not as good as they couldof had because they didn't want to bad enough and took the shortest shortcut type of path! Part 2 of my investigative prejogatory found out that by knowing people that know people that talk and communique with folks that one legendary Irv the Perv Fairfield was very very interested in this job and received nary an interview or phone communique to say thank you sir but no thanks sir you are very underqualified!! Yeah he's only won about 1300-1400 games in a 34  -35 year career taking established programs higher building programs that needed repair but nah let's pass on the well respected veterans and hire a guy that well was pushed out forcibly! Easy investigative work when you know so many people that know so many people! Part 3 of the Quad4 investigative approached that not even Watergate and Waterhead teams could comprehend! Robert Meuller! Passed on Irvin Fairfield! Whose in charge of Twinkleview anyway??

Motownsportsfan

Coach Simon was not treated fairly. The school board would not allow him to move 9th graders up until after jr high season was over. He took it to the board a couple of times the last time when these Sr girls were 8th grade. He was dealing with lots of injuries and needed bodies. School board shot it down. Now last night squires wants to move up his son which is a 9th grader and board allowed it. Lots of small time politics being played but usually when you don't have good intentions then karma creeps in. This whole hiring process was a joke and some higher ups should feel ashamed. Embarrassing

no mascot

Why is this a school board decision?

Central Ark

Everything involving a public school is a school board decision.

no mascot

Central Ark

Whoelse's decision would it be?

Central Ark

Don't get me wrong, it shouldn't be their decision.

SackAttack

Quote from: Motownsportsfan on August 17, 2018, 02:08:16 pm
Coach Simon was not treated fairly. The school board would not allow him to move 9th graders up until after jr high season was over. He took it to the board a couple of times the last time when these Sr girls were 8th grade. He was dealing with lots of injuries and needed bodies. School board shot it down. Now last night squires wants to move up his son which is a 9th grader and board allowed it. Lots of small time politics being played but usually when you don't have good intentions then karma creeps in. This whole hiring process was a joke and some higher ups should feel ashamed. Embarrassing
If this is true from what I saw last year there won't be enough basketballs to go around! I bet those juniors and seniors ain't gonna like this too much!!!

BannerMountainMan

Wow. Wonderview is 9-0 in the first half of their conference play against the best conference in 1a by far, good coaching hire in my opinion.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on December 15, 2018, 08:51:53 am
Wow. Wonderview is 9-0 in the first half of their conference play against the best conference in 1a by far, good coaching hire in my opinion.

Do the players make the coach, or does the coach make the players??

riccoar

Quote from: HorseFeathers on December 15, 2018, 01:27:16 pm
Do the players make the coach, or does the coach make the players??
2019 will tell.  Faith Byers #5 and Bailey Wright #23 will be gone.

Bigleague

Quote from: riccoar on December 15, 2018, 02:41:11 pm

No it won't. Riccoar you are clueless. I've seen wonderview play this year and they haven't changed anything from last year which means he's smart enough not to screw things up. They will be down in talent next year so that means they will lose more which doesn't necessarily mean he will be doing a bad job. We understand he wasn't good enough to coach at WS. How did yalls game go this year at WS anyway?

Flobbito

Quote from: riccoar on December 15, 2018, 02:41:11 pm

Those two are difference makers without a doubt.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas