• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Eligibilty

Started by Coltfan2005, June 24, 2018, 01:57:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Coltfan2005

I realize there are a lot of posters on this board who understand the rules of eligibility much better than I do. So I have some questions.

If a student transfers schools in May right before school ends, isn't this a violation of the July 1 deadline from that year? I realize that is moot if the parents move to a new district, but if they do does the school board have to release the student and the new district's board have to accept him/her? Also, if the old school had determined the player was ineligible due to grades or attendance, aren't they still ineligible at the new school?

old.dole

Has to be before the sophomore year. If you transfer after that you have to sit out a year right?

Coltfan2005

ea cat

If they are ineligible at one school, they at the new one. Unless they get eligible by attending summer school. If grades are close enough

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: ea cat on June 26, 2018, 01:05:58 pm
If they are ineligible at one school, they at the new one. Unless they get eligible by attending summer school. If grades are close enough
Or they go to Dollarway.

zebrafan

NWA Hog

The last time I reviewed the AAA rules on this (a little over a year ago), the cut date is July 1 prior to the student's 10th grade year. If the transfer occurs after that date, the student's parent/guardian must be able to demonstrate a bona fide change of domicile in order for the student to be eligible for extracurricular activities. Of course, the student is still free to enroll and attend school by meeting the School Choice requirements, which has nothing to do with athletic eligibility.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas