• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Glen Rose

Started by Rida4Life, May 30, 2018, 09:47:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Rida4Life

Can the beavers not go to a team camp without starting a fight?  Evidently this was a problem last year and supposedly the got in 3 or 4 today at Gurdon.  Nice little reputation ya'll are earning Beavers.

The Ref

They have started  brawls the  last couple of years at OBU camp, it's what they do.

Rida4Life

you would think at some point they would be blacklisted from team camps.

Hgalum50

We use to get in fights with Smackover a few years back!

beaverfan007

IM sure they address the problem behind the scenes

Trojanbird

beaverfan007

Idk but we'd run till we puked if we did that back in the day

purpleswag

Quote from: beaverfan007 on May 31, 2018, 03:32:42 pm
Idk but we'd run till we puked if we did that back in the day

You mean back in the day when you couldn't win to save your lives

Jimbo Morphis

Been discussed on here for years. Everyone is always picking on Glen Rose.

SR30

I'm sure you were there and witnessed them start every single fight??

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: SR30 on May 31, 2018, 05:57:08 pm
Been here for every thread started. Beating a dead horse.

purpleswag

Quote from: SR30 on May 31, 2018, 05:57:08 pm

Dude it's great that your loyal to your team and all but fights follow Glen Rose around where ever they go. I'm so criminal investigator but that seems to put the nail in anyone else being the reason for fights other than you guys

I know 2 things about Glen Rose...1) they used to be terrible at everything and don't know how to handle success now and 2) they did nothing but fight a few years back when they were being taken to the wood shed by Charleston in state

Iknewthemwhen

LOL!!!  I love it when folks complain about Glen Rose and Kehner.  All those suckers do is start fights and act horribly.  They are so busy fighting I don't know how they play any football much less win games.  Haven't they won a state championship and played for two others?  It's really weird that they have such a huge win/loss record, 94/32 under Kehner and only 1 loosing season.  I've been to games there and feared for my life because it is so rough.

Untimeddown

All fun and games until another player got popped, fumbles and pushes the GR player that popped him. I'm pretty sure the only people that were upset were wearing flip flops on the field.  Gurdon vs. GR come together was the reason people want to team camp with GR. Intensity. Go to any other team camp the players are playing two hand touch. GR elevates the game. Coach Jackson understands that.

gameoflife

I think I'm seeing a little sarcasm. Hope you survived your trip to GR.  Glenrose  plays hard nosed tough-man football, if you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen as they say. 10 -12 years ago they couldn't win a game and they managed to change the culture and toughen the kids up.  Now they are a legitimate contender for the top spot every year. 

beaverfan007

Fall of 06 was when they started winning and one losing season since then people don't like glen rose cause they know when they line up against them they are gonna hit you in the mouth

old.dole

There are a lot of teams all over the state that win a lot of games and you never hear about them starting fights everywhere they go.

Skip Baymore

Quote from: old.dole on June 01, 2018, 04:53:04 pm
There are a lot of teams all over the state that win a lot of games and you never hear about them starting fights everywhere they go.

Including teams who are more physical than GR and where the thought of getting "hit in the mouth" during a game isnt a concern.

SR30

Haters gonna hate...

old.dole

No one is "hating" on the success of the program or at least I'm not. They are very good player and coaching wise. But they can have that same success without being cheap. That takes away from their success imo. People respect the Greenwood's pa's jc's because they don't start crap everywhere they go and they win with class. GR is a physical hard nosed team and you can do that without acting the way they do at these team camps

Rida4Life

A scuffle on the field is one thing, 40 guys running on to the field to get into the fight and take cheap shots while the coaches sit back and laugh is completely different. 
Kids are going to mix it up a little when you put the pads on.  I have no problem with that... but the culture that Glen Rose is building has nothing to do with that.... Cheap shots and late hits and holding up a guy while the other punches his ribs repeatedly... that's not football, that's just being a punk. 
Sad too, because ya'll have a good team, too bad that's not what your reputation is becoming.

game on

Quote from: Rida4Life on June 04, 2018, 09:22:32 am
A scuffle on the field is one thing, 40 guys running on to the field to get into the fight and take cheap shots while the coaches sit back and laugh is completely different. 
Kids are going to mix it up a little when you put the pads on.  I have no problem with that... but the culture that Glen Rose is building has nothing to do with that.... Cheap shots and late hits and holding up a guy while the other punches his ribs repeatedly... that's not football, that's just being a punk. 
Sad too, because ya'll have a good team, too bad that's not what your reputation is becoming.

I find this a little hard to believe for a number of reasons.  1.  I doubt the coaches would actually allow nor encourage thuggish behavior. 2. I doubt the school administration would allow nor encourage the coaches to promote that type behavior.  3.  I have observed some competitions by GR in past years and have seen a few episodes where things got a little rough.  My general feeling was  it was mostly mutual between a couple of players and typically overly exaggerated on fearless.  IMO. 

CURLEYWOLF24

Going to miss playing my old buddies at Exit 106, maybe we will meet in the play-offs.

SR30

Yea we talk a lot of smack between Prescott n GR but always respected each other on the field. Will miss that rivalry for sure.

Mulerider4Life

Look at the demographic of Glen Rose and you will see the problem.

SR30

Funniest thing happen today. I went to war memorial to watch Glen Rose fight.. and wouldn't you know a pretty good Team camp happend instead.

beaverfan007

Yea that's funny there always starting fights blah blah blah.. people just wanna pick on them

old.dole

Aww poor mistreated glen rose. They made it through one whole team camp without an altercation. Congrats. They donit the rest of the summer and I'll take back what I've said

SR30

Awww dont be booty burnt because u have nothing to talk trash about this week.

old.dole

Could care less that they didn't get into anything. I'm glade they didn't. Maybe the trend will continue. Until it does the reputation they have will remain the same. Shouldn't  have to get on fearless to announce that your team didn't start any fights this week but you do. But I am seriously glade nothing happened this go around. Puts a negative light on a good program

Mulerider4Life

Quote from: old.dole on June 06, 2018, 12:29:05 am
Could care less that they didn't get into anything. I'm glade they didn't. Maybe the trend will continue. Until it does the reputation they have will remain the same. Shouldn't  have to get on fearless to announce that your team didn't start any fights this week but you do. But I am seriously glade nothing happened this go around. Puts a negative light on a good program

I'm curious what these boys are doing after high school football?

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Mulerider4Life on June 06, 2018, 09:36:05 am
I'm curious what these boys are doing after high school football?
I would bet like most schools in the country you will have, Dr's, lawyers, engineers, and meth dealers.

nastynice

I've also heard they put puppies in tube socks and beat kittens with them!   ::) Give me a break.........A little fist a cuff never hurt teenage boys.

Mulerider4Life

Quote from: Oldman on June 06, 2018, 09:42:25 am
I would bet like most schools in the country you will have, Dr's, lawyers, engineers, and meth dealers.

Higher group of meth dealers for sure.

Untimeddown

Muley would Magnolia be better or worse with the GR coaching staff for the last 12 years? Don't even know who is there now.

gameoflife

Well they win games. Before they changed that attitude they got beat all the time.  But, hey they were nice boys.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas