• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What happened to

Started by JimmyChitwood, March 15, 2018, 05:40:31 am

Previous topic - Next topic

JimmyChitwood

Eagle dad and eagle mom? Did they fuse into hooperfromwestside? Did they have their iphones repossesed for delinquent phone bills? Or was it simply because west side wasnt much good this year? I kind of miss them to be honest. Their misspelling, run on sentences, and anger. It was good for the board. So if you're reading this, please come back eagle family.

FromTheBench

When West Side is back, they'll be back.

thechampchamp

Dont they have some pretty good juniors coming up??

Backboard Shattered

JimmyChitwood

Quote from: thechampchamp on March 15, 2018, 08:55:03 am
Dont they have some pretty good juniors coming up??
I was skeptical about how good everyone said their junior boys were. Then they came to Shirley in the district finals and kicked our little hornet butts. They manhandled us. It was embarrising. They are for real. They will be pretty tough to handle in the coming years.

FromTheBench

Gentry will be LeBron. He will play for, coach, and manage that team. Kid is for real.

Flobbito

They will be in the same district as the Wonderview and GP Jr. boys for the next few years. All three had good teams this year.

Any truth to the Sr. girls leaving GFWS?  It seems a little far fetched, but I had a discussion in a thread about a month ago with one of their fans who said it could happen.

thechampchamp

I think i remember hearing GFWS was turning their focus towards hockey...

JimmyChitwood

Quote from: Flobbito on March 15, 2018, 09:08:30 am
They will be in the same district as the Wonderview and GP Jr. boys for the next few years. All three had good teams this year.

Any truth to the Sr. girls leaving GFWS?  It seems a little far fetched, but I had a discussion in a thread about a month ago with one of their fans who said it could happen.
Where are they reportedly moving to?

Flobbito

Quote from: JimmyChitwood on March 15, 2018, 09:18:44 am

None.  This was after their district or regional, they mentioned the possibility of not being able to field a team next year due to seniors graduating and kids transferring out. Blamed the coach not being likeable for this hypothetical exodus. I'd be surprised if it happens, but who knows, kids are allowed to control more of what happens in their lives today than I was growing up.

Flobbito

Quote from: JimmyChitwood on March 15, 2018, 09:18:44 am

These are the two posts I am talking about. Both from Riccoar:
"Yes, and now 2018-2019 hangs in the balance.  Could be enough girls transferring that they don't even field a girls team next year.  Kamryn Sutterfield of Rural Special, their best player, transferred over from WS."

And

"First I heard of anything going on was last night.  Totally shocked me.  Right now, they have two seniors that will graduate and two girls who start and play 30+ minutes that are looking for new schools.  So something has to give."

thebigman3

I also heard GFWS kicked both coaches to the curb and good ole Kieth Brown was coming to town..

FromTheBench

I have heard the same, but neither job has been posted anywhere. I would honestly be surprised if Brown took over, but could see why he would want to with the boys coming up.

riccoar

Quote from: Flobbito on March 15, 2018, 09:48:34 am
These are the two posts I am talking about. Both from Riccoar:
"Yes, and now 2018-2019 hangs in the balance.  Could be enough girls transferring that they don't even field a girls team next year.  Kamryn Sutterfield of Rural Special, their best player, transferred over from WS."

And

"First I heard of anything going on was last night.  Totally shocked me.  Right now, they have two seniors that will graduate and two girls who start and play 30+ minutes that are looking for new schools.  So something has to give."
At the time, schools closet to WS. 

Flobbito

Quote from: riccoar on March 15, 2018, 11:41:34 am
At the time, schools closet to WS.

So has the tenor of the situation changed?  As reported above, were the coaches let go?  Is Kevin Brown coming in? Is there still chatter about transferring?

JimmyChitwood

I have been told Keith Brown wants a principal job. I do not believe the West Side principal job will be open for a while. This makes the story unlikely. However, I have heard from sources that West Side might pursue him.  It would be interesting to see him coaching all that talent coming up. They have more raw talent than Shirley did with Privitt and his bunch. And he took then to the finals.

thebigman3

Wb Zarlingo? Rumor has it he's going to be a Rambler next year!

Flobbito

Quote from: thebigman3 on March 15, 2018, 02:13:59 pm
Wb Zarlingo? Rumor has it he's going to be a Rambler next year!

That'd be something, because there is another rumor that one of his best players from this year didn't gee/haw with him and he is going to transfer to Rosebud.

If he doesn't leave this year he will sometime in the next few. One of the things about being the MVE coach is you coach 7th-12th and you know what you got coming up.

thebigman3

Quote from: Flobbito on March 15, 2018, 02:17:38 pm
That'd be something, because there is another rumor that one of his best players from this year didn't gee/haw with him and he is going to transfer to Rosebud.

If he doesn't leave this year he will sometime in the next few. One of the things about being the MVE coach is you coach 7th-12th and you know what you got coming up.
Brantley is not going to Rosebud... when I said that a few weeks ago I meant Zarlingo was. Not Brantley.

Flobbito

Quote from: thebigman3 on March 15, 2018, 02:23:08 pm
Brantley is not going to Rosebud... when I said that a few weeks ago I meant Zarlingo was. Not Brantley.

Could be, i don't know anything about the situation, and I dont know much about Zarlingo.

thebigman3

Quote from: Flobbito on March 15, 2018, 02:41:20 pm
Could be, i don't know anything about the situation, and I dont know much about Zarlingo.
I know he likes Christmas.

BannerMountainMan

Daddy eagles account got suspended, so he made the daddy eagle backwards and then that got suspended

riccoar

Quote from: Flobbito on March 15, 2018, 12:32:54 pm
So has the tenor of the situation changed?  As reported above, were the coaches let go?  Is Kevin Brown coming in? Is there still chatter about transferring?
Only thing I heard was that both basketball squads will be getting new leadership.

Flobbito

Quote from: riccoar on March 16, 2018, 07:02:55 am
Only thing I heard was that both basketball squads will be getting new leadership.

Did they have different Jr. high and Sr. high coaches?

riccoar

Quote from: Flobbito on March 16, 2018, 08:11:53 am
Did they have different Jr. high and Sr. high coaches?
One coached both girls and one coached both boys.  Neither will be coaching any basketball, supposedly.

Flobbito

Quote from: riccoar on March 16, 2018, 08:42:51 am
One coached both girls and one coached both boys.  Neither will be coaching any basketball, supposedly.

That surprises me, I thought their boys coach was pretty solid.  I don't really know much about the girls coach, I know that they had a good 9th grade group, maybe their Sr. high under performed?  Either way, the next few years in the this conference will be a challenge on the boys and girls side.  Good luck to your teams.

FromTheBench

The girls coach did a decent job, but it seemed boys lacked discipline and fundamentals. They did not get along and were hard to watch. If all this is true I hope both coaches find somewhere they fit in and do good jobs. Coaching industry can be cut-throat.

riccoar

Quote from: Flobbito on March 16, 2018, 08:55:00 am
That surprises me, I thought their boys coach was pretty solid.  I don't really know much about the girls coach, I know that they had a good 9th grade group, maybe their Sr. high under performed?  Either way, the next few years in the this conference will be a challenge on the boys and girls side.  Good luck to your teams.
Not leaving, just coaching other stuff besides basketball.  Davis, I'm told, is more a baseball coach.  I'm learning the intricacies of 1A.  One being, it's rare to have a coach simply coach one sport.  The girls coach has caused a rub with lots of folks.  Few know that the standout freshman at Rural moved from WestSide.

Flobbito

Quote from: riccoar on March 16, 2018, 09:17:13 am
Not leaving, just coaching other stuff besides basketball.  Davis, I'm told, is more a baseball coach.  I'm learning the intricacies of 1A.  One being, it's rare to have a coach simply coach one sport.  The girls coach has caused a rub with lots of folks.  Few know that the standout freshman at Rural moved from WestSide.

I've met the Sutterfield's didnt know they were from Westside. She is a very good player, Her and Gentry on the same team would be tough.

JimmyChitwood

Quote from: Flobbito on March 16, 2018, 09:43:36 am
I've met the Sutterfield's didnt know they were from Westside. She is a very good player, Her and Gentry on the same team would be tough.
They are from Prim which is about halfway between Fox and Greers Ferry.

Flobbito

Quote from: JimmyChitwood on March 16, 2018, 09:52:36 am

Stayed in Pearson's Cabins there.

riccoar

Quote from: JimmyChitwood on March 16, 2018, 09:52:36 am
Yes, they are in the Westside district but moved to Rural which is a bit further.

Eagle_Mom_2

When y'all see who we get as coaches there won't be any more of this talk. And there won't be any kids moving away...quite the opposite. So go ahead and talk now...soon enough y'all will realize you bit off more than you can chew.

ballmember

EagleMom ,  you seem awful confident.  Hope you got some good ones lined up because past several hires havent worked out well.    Great kids, just don't think the environment is right to attract a good coach.  Too many chiefs doing the hiring and helping coach.   

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: ballmember on March 21, 2018, 01:02:55 pm
EagleMom ,  you seem awful confident.  Hope you got some good ones lined up because past several hires havent worked out well.    Great kids, just don't think the environment is right to attract a good coach.  Too many chiefs doing the hiring and helping coach.

Ballmember...
It has been that way here for too long. However, if we get the 2 I think we will...I don't think either of them will give a dang what you, I, or anyone else in the stands thinks. I really believe they'll come in and change how things are done. For the good.

Eagle_Mom_2

I'll say this last thing then I'll leave it alone for now.
I think a certain school in our area may be looking for a new coach after next week. Our parent meeting last night to come to a unanimous decision on who we would like to recommend to the board for next week went awesome.
Honestly, I can't figure out why it's taking so long...would love to see them in their positions asap so they can to meeting with kids and give them expectations, etc. for next year.
Eagles Flyyyyyyyyyyyy

SackAttack

Quote from: Eagle_Mom_2 on March 21, 2018, 03:21:52 pm
I think a certain school in our area may be looking for a new coach after next week. Our parent meeting last night to come to a unanimous decision on who we would like to recommend to the board for next week went awesome.
Honestly, I can't figure out why it's taking so long...would love to see them in their positions asap so they can to meeting with kids and give them expectations, etc. for next year.
Eagles Flyyyyyyyyyyyy
Mom I keep hearing all the big names being mentioned but no clear frontrunner! I want to lean towards a guy that wins every year with or without talent! Couple of guys in the area that win when they have all the pieces then there might be one out there that wins even when he doesn't have great players stockpiled for him already! Who does that bring to mind??

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: SackAttack on March 21, 2018, 03:45:08 pm
Mom I keep hearing all the big names being mentioned but no clear frontrunner! I want to lean towards a guy that wins every year with or without talent! Couple of guys in the area that win when they have all the pieces then there might be one out there that wins even when he doesn't have great players stockpiled for him already! Who does that bring to mind??

Don't say it, Sack.
I know who you're thinking...put that deep into the back of your mind and don't bring it out again.

BlueDevilFan

Quote from: Eagle_Mom_2 on March 21, 2018, 03:21:52 pm
Eagles Flyyyyyyyyyyyy

Can we quote you on this?

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: BlueDevilFan on April 04, 2018, 01:39:41 pm
Can we quote you on this?

To quote the American poet Eazy E... Don't quote me boy cuz I ain't said sh...crap.
But...I'd like to point out...you quoted my post then asked if you could quote me...so uhhh....

BannerMountainMan

Can't believe Cornett put an application in at Westside

Flobbito

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on April 08, 2018, 01:27:58 pm

If the rumors are true, the basketball coaches there won't have to coach baseball or softball anymore.  When you have successful programs in both sports, coaching both, you basically work 10-12+ hour days 9 months of the year. This would give him a break if he gets it.

thechampchamp

GFWS sucks..... as a whole. Except yalls burgers....

thebigman3

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on April 08, 2018, 01:27:58 pm
I believe that more than I believe Coach Simon from WV applied for it. And he applied for Vilonia. Something must be going on in ole St. Vincent.

FromTheBench

Quote from: thebigman3 on April 13, 2018, 01:31:22 pm
I believe that more than I believe Coach Simon from WV applied for it. And he applied for Vilonia. Something must be going on in ole St. Vincent.

Yeah, the man has won a state championship and been to several others, he just wants to move up. Heard he was the man Greenbrier wanted too, but he turned them down to stay at Wonderview.

Flobbito

Quote from: FromTheBench on April 13, 2018, 01:44:20 pm
Yeah, the man has won a state championship and been to several others, he just wants to move up. Heard he was the man Greenbrier wanted too, but he turned them down to stay at Wonderview.

Heard the same thing. I think Vilonia is pretty happy with their coach.

thebigman3

Quote from: FromTheBench on April 13, 2018, 01:44:20 pm
Yeah he's smart for that. Greenbrier. Sheesh don't even get me started lol.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas