• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2018 All-State

Started by BasketballNeverStops, March 14, 2018, 12:33:01 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Central Ark

Kanyin Bartin was a heck of a player, continuing the line of the Bartin brothers.

JimmyChitwood

I fail to see why Wyatt Spires did not make the list..

Flobbito

Quote from: JimmyChitwood on March 14, 2018, 07:32:02 am

There will always be people who we think should\shouldn't have made the list.  I blame Russian collusion.

FromTheBench

Quote from: JimmyChitwood on March 14, 2018, 07:32:02 am

I do not fail to see..He probably didn't get Sacred Heart's vote.

BW2015

Quote from: FromTheBench on March 14, 2018, 08:24:12 am

+1

thebigman3

Quote from: Central Ark on March 14, 2018, 06:48:09 am
Kanyin Bartin was a heck of a player, continuing the line of the Bartin brothers.
His last name is martin lol

thebigman3

Quote from: FromTheBench on March 14, 2018, 08:24:12 am
Yeah, cause averaging 13 points and 16 rebounds isn't all state material.. get outta here.

thebigman3

You ask me I don't know why anyone from Acorn, Alpena, or woodlawn got it..

teamworkwins

How is all state determined? Coaches vote on it, right? But is it based on performances in post season or all throughout the year? I'm asking because several of these players are solid players, but teammates may have outdone them in post season, particularly in the state tournament. And why does MVE girls only have one all state player when they made it to the finals, and teams like Bay and Norfork, who made it to the semis, have two all state players each?

SackAttack

Quote from: thebigman3 on March 14, 2018, 08:52:14 am
Yeah, cause averaging 13 points and 16 rebounds isn't all state material.. get outta here.
Yes and many coaches(most) factor in little things like attitude, sportsmanship, on court demeanor, behavior off the court!! But I'm just guessing ;D ;D ;D

thebigman3

Quote from: SackAttack on March 14, 2018, 09:24:58 am
Yes and many coaches(most) factor in little things like attitude, sportsmanship, on court demeanor, behavior off the court!! But I'm just guessing ;D ;D ;D
Sportsmanship? Did you really just say Sportsmanship? Sportsmanship? Very SELECT FEW teams showed sportsmanship towards Guy. I can't believe you just said that. That crap gets tiring as a player having to hear it, but in the same sentence gets your adrenaline going. And before you even say anything, trash talking amongst players I agree with! it's part of it. But when you have FANS chanting and taunting high school kids in the stands are you serious? I've never seen it done at any other games besides Guy games. Chanting to hurt a player or bad mouthing a kid. You sir are probably one of them by the way you post on here. Stick with your "overall sports state championship" whatever that is. I'm gonna go hug the trophy now.

Ice Water

Each 1A conference gets 3 selections voted on by that conference's coaches around the time of the district tournament.

Flobbito

Quote from: Ice Water on March 14, 2018, 09:44:15 am
Each 1A conference gets 3 selections voted on by that conference's coaches around the time of the district tournament.

Bailey and Zimmerman definitely deserve it for the 5 North Conference (girls) and that leaves one vote left for Gracie Raby at MVE.  I think it is fair, these two teams were head and shoulders above the next best team in that conference.

teamworkwins

Quote from: Ice Water on March 14, 2018, 09:44:15 am
Thank you. That is very helpful and clears a lot of my questions up. I agree more with those who were chosen now.

teamworkwins

Quote from: Flobbito on March 14, 2018, 09:59:59 am
Bailey and Zimmerman definitely deserve it for the 5 North Conference (girls) and that leaves one vote left for Gracie Raby at MVE.  I think it is fair, these two teams were head and shoulders above the next best team in that conference.
I agree, especially now that I have a better understanding of how it works.

yesteryearman

The way I look at it........who would you want if you were picking a team that could win a state championship....four players would be a must have, then add any other solid player,.......Smith from Kirby, Cooper from ICC, Petrocelli and Spires from Guy......nobody else would matter........

FromTheBench

Has nothing to do with his stats. His stats are all state-ish, but the way a player is all around (whether they punch holes in walls or not) is what gets them all state. Tre Minton is a great kid with a set of skills you can tell he's worked for, and without him that team is not state champions.

thebigman3

Quote from: FromTheBench on March 14, 2018, 11:04:24 am
Has nothing to do with his stats. His stats are all state-ish, but the way a player is all around (whether they punch holes in walls or not) is what gets them all state. Tre Minton is a great kid with a set of skills you can tell he's worked for, and without him that team is not state champions.
Nobody is arguing Tre shouldn't have got it. He should have and that's why he's on there. Nobody said that he shouldn't have.

gilesman2333

Quote from: thebigman3 on March 14, 2018, 09:34:00 am
Sportsmanship? Did you really just say Sportsmanship? Sportsmanship? Very SELECT FEW teams showed sportsmanship towards Guy. I can't believe you just said that. That crap gets tiring as a player having to hear it, but in the same sentence gets your adrenaline going. And before you even say anything, trash talking amongst players I agree with! it's part of it. But when you have FANS chanting and taunting high school kids in the stands are you serious? I've never seen it done at any other games besides Guy games. Chanting to hurt a player or bad mouthing a kid. You sir are probably one of them by the way you post on here. Stick with your "overall sports state championship" whatever that is. I'm gonna go hug the trophy now.

Man, i know youre from Guy so you dont think so, but Guy kids are always big headed. Cocky and arrogant. So whenever youre from another school it makes you not like them at all. Not calling any names but Guy got some players that are very very confident in themselves and it shows. all the time. so it makes people dislike them alot. Im not meaning this bad against Guy. I was hoping they would win it and they did. Great team, but some of the main players attitudes were some that would make alot of people against them. Look at the instagram post some make. Pretty childish

Moonshiner

This isn't an all state tournament team, although it has the same name.  I wish they'd call it something different.  The same discussion happens every year. 

Splash199

Quote from: thebigman3 on March 14, 2018, 08:53:57 am
You ask me I don't know why anyone from Acorn, Alpena, or woodlawn got it..

Cole Reynolds from Woodlawn is a stud and is a sophomore. AND

SackAttack

Quote from: thebigman3 on March 14, 2018, 09:34:00 am
You reap what you sow!!! And that hole in the wall cost about 350 dollars to fix!! And those fines and probation violations no telling what they might cost! Everybody knows man everybody knows

SackAttack

Quote from: yesteryearman on March 14, 2018, 10:31:16 am
The way I look at it........who would you want if you were picking a team that could win a state championship....four players would be a must have, then add any other solid player,.......Smith from Kirby, Cooper from ICC, Petrocelli and Spires from Guy......nobody else would matter........
Missed this! Not an all inclusive list I don't think! I'd take Matlock from Omaha Martin from Mt Vernon, Minton from Guy Faulkner from ICC plus another and give those four all they wanted!

thebigman3

Quote from: gilesman2333 on March 14, 2018, 02:13:43 pm

Man, i know youre from Guy so you dont think so, but Guy kids are always big headed. Cocky and arrogant. So whenever youre from another school it makes you not like them at all. Not calling any names but Guy got some players that are very very confident in themselves and it shows. all the time. so it makes people dislike them alot. Im not meaning this bad against Guy. I was hoping they would win it and they did. Great team, but some of the main players attitudes were some that would make alot of people against them. Look at the instagram post some make. Pretty childish
I for sure know their cocky and confident. And don't know what Instagram post your talking about? But okay. But what do want them to be? Have no confidence in themselves and be scared to shoot it or do anything with the ball? Or a have a player or heck even team that knows how good the other one is and relies on one another to do each specific job and have confidence in them to do that.

gilesman2333

Quote from: thebigman3 on March 14, 2018, 06:33:50 pm
I for sure know their cocky and confident. And don't know what Instagram post your talking about? But okay. But what do want them to be? Have no confidence in themselves and be scared to shoot it or do anything with the ball? Or a have a player or heck even team that knows how good the other one is and relies on one another to do each specific job and have confidence in them to do that.

Having confidence dosnt mean you walk around like youre the best ever, being confident in your shot dosnt mean you have to act the way you do. Not very many teams have much class anymore, but Guy is one of the worst. Just a select few players on that team are humble at all. The others just show what kids are going to know days.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas