• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why dont we give the western grove warriors some respect.

Started by bencher24, March 05, 2018, 11:17:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

why yall hate on the warriors

u jelly
7 (53.8%)
u from deer
2 (15.4%)
you go to omaha
2 (15.4%)
how about jasper
0 (0%)
even kingston???
2 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: June 13, 2018, 12:17:12 pm

bencher24

WG, the kids worked hard and no one thought they would accomplish what they have accomplished. Just show some love for the under dogs every once in a while. don't forget they beat bay and had Guy Perkins down 18 in the 3rd... Next year they loose a senior who hasn't touched the floor in months. They will be salty..

hooperfromwestside

noties

I really haven't seen anyone hating on them either. They haven't gotten as much chatter because they're not a Bay, Kirby, or GP, so to speak. I think they're still underrated by a lot of folks even after their performance this week. Most people think they are a one man team but that's pretty far from the truth. Baker is an excellent player but there is no weak spot on that roster and scoring can come from any of them. No one should be surprised to see them back just as deep next year.

riccoar

thebigman3

Quote from: riccoar on March 05, 2018, 12:44:39 pm
How did they blow an 18 point lead?
Guy got on a run the coach panicked and tried to stall the ball with 6 minutes left and that wasn't going to work. The whole 4th quarter was Guy's. went on a 26-7 run.

JimmyChitwood

I've said it all year, to beat Guy, you have to score with them. Slowing down the game a little is good. Stalling will not work. Stalling is how you let Guy beat you. You have to play a calm game and know that you will get good open shots because Guy doesn't play great defense. The way Guy beats you is getting in your head and making you think you have to play perfect. That is the genius of Hutch. Now as far as Western Grove, they will compete for it all with ICC next year barring injuries.

rammer

I don't follow 1A much but went over to Morrilton to watch the last two games Saturday. I was very impressed by the crowd and atmosphere. I was a neutral observer but became a fan of Western Grove.  That #2 was really fun to watch. I felt that in the 4th quarter if he would have driven and tried to score, instead of dribbling around near half court to  eat up the clock, Western Grove would have won the game. I was told by someone at the game that he is just a junior.  I hope to get to see them play again next year.

Scout404

Quote from: rammer on March 05, 2018, 01:49:01 pm
I don't follow 1A much but went over to Morrilton to watch the last two games Saturday. I was very impressed by the crowd and atmosphere. I was a neutral observer but became a fan of Western Grove.  That #2 was really fun to watch. I felt that in the 4th quarter if he would have driven and tried to score, instead of dribbling around near half court to  eat up the clock, Western Grove would have won the game. I was told by someone at the game that he is just a junior.  I hope to get to see them play again next year.
Atmosphere was great, Western Grove is a fun team to watch. 

noties

Quote from: JimmyChitwood on March 05, 2018, 01:01:31 pm
I've said it all year, to beat Guy, you have to score with them. Slowing down the game a little is good. Stalling will not work. Stalling is how you let Guy beat you. You have to play a calm game and know that you will get good open shots because Guy doesn't play great defense. The way Guy beats you is getting in your head and making you think you have to play perfect. That is the genius of Hutch. Now as far as Western Grove, they will compete for it all with ICC next year barring injuries.

Exactly! WG was scoring nearly at will for the first three quarters and sustained a 13 pt lead throughout the third quarter. As soon as they stopped trying to score, Guy took over. Once they started their run Grove couldn't get back into the groove. Once Guy took the lead with 2:30 left there was no looking back. But overall a GREAT ball game!

D6Bound

yesteryearman

Quote from: JimmyChitwood on March 05, 2018, 01:01:31 pm

I've watched Hutchcraft's teams play for over 20 yrs......and there are two things that his teams do, year in and year out, better than anyone else.  I'm not saying that they win every game or win state every year, but what he does is this.  His team is able to get inside your head and make you panic.....second, he is able to convince his players that they are better than they really are.   Thus, you hardly ever see his teams panic, they just believe that the game will eventually come to them, they will hit the big 3 or get a snowbird, and the other team starts to think.....uh-oh it is happening.  Bottom line, he just wins.......

SackAttack

Quote from: thebigman3 on March 05, 2018, 12:56:02 pm
Guy got on a run the coach panicked and tried to stall the ball with 6 minutes left and that wasn't going to work. The whole 4th quarter was Guy's. went on a 26-7 run.
Lendell Martin did not panic! He's one of the best! His kids may have but he's been there way too many times! Kids froze for sure tho!!

BannerMountainMan

Hate on western Grove? I don't think anybody knew who they were before now LOL

GassvilleDragonfly

For those that are getting mad at WG for playing the stall, that's what's made them a good team for the last five or so years, despite not having the best talent. It's just been the past couple years that they've actually had multiple scoring options. It wasn't so much that they panicked, it was that, at least from my perspective the officiating was night and day between the halves. It was decently called on both sides in the first. Starting halfway through the third though, it got to where WG couldn't get nearly as physical as the refs were letting GP get. That's what caused the "folding under pressure" WG experienced. I was at both the 2A and 1A tournaments this week, and all I have to say is that the lower classes got the short end on good, consistent officiating.

ozarkmtnsman

Quote from: GassvilleDragonfly on March 05, 2018, 07:47:52 pm
For those that are getting mad at WG for playing the stall, that's what's made them a good team for the last five or so years, despite not having the best talent. It's just been the past couple years that they've actually had multiple scoring options. It wasn't so much that they panicked, it was that, at least from my perspective the officiating was night and day between the halves. It was decently called on both sides in the first. Starting halfway through the third though, it got to where WG couldn't get nearly as physical as the refs were letting GP get. That's what caused the "folding under pressure" WG experienced. I was at both the 2A and 1A tournaments this week, and all I have to say is that the lower classes got the short end on good, consistent officiating.
I guess the bad officiating causes to shoot poorly in the second half.  Western Grove peaked at the right time, they were the Cinderella team of 1A. However, this is a team that lost 14 games, and had very few impressive wins during the regular season. They should be a top 5 team next year.

GassvilleDragonfly

Quote from: ozarkmtnsman on March 05, 2018, 08:09:28 pm
I guess the bad officiating causes to shoot poorly in the second half.  Western Grove peaked at the right time, they were the Cinderella team of 1A. However, this is a team that lost 14 games, and had very few impressive wins during the regular season. They should be a top 5 team next year.
Every time they got near the rim they just about got hammered, so on shots inside of ten feet yeah.

hooperfromwestside

Excuses excuses excuses excuses. Your teams season is over. Just quit making excuses on why. Good season

Hero of Twin Groves

Quote from: hooperfromwestside on March 05, 2018, 09:12:07 pm
Excuses excuses excuses excuses. Your teams season is over. Just quit making excuses on why. Good season
Hooper I'm starting to think you play pick up at the hutch nest on Sundays. I'll clamp you up this week.

thebigman3

Quote from: SackAttack on March 05, 2018, 06:39:31 pm
Lendell Martin did not panic! He's one of the best! His kids may have but he's been there way too many times! Kids froze for sure tho!!
shouldn't have stalled the ball with 6 minutes left. Especially when your scoring well and still have momentum. They started to turn the ball over and Guy started Scoring. When Minton came from behind and stole the ball and got the easy lay up that killed everything for WG.

hooperfromwestside

Quote from: Hero of Twin Groves on March 05, 2018, 09:22:06 pm
Hooper I'm starting to think you play pick up at the hutch nest on Sundays. I'll clamp you up this week.
I play up at west side whenever they open the gym up, I can't play too well so I barely get picked up...

SackAttack

Quote from: thebigman3 on March 05, 2018, 09:25:26 pm
shouldn't have stalled the ball with 6 minutes left. Especially when your scoring well and still have momentum. They started to turn the ball over and Guy started Scoring. When Minton came from behind and stole the ball and got the easy lay up that killed everything for WG.
I was there yes his team froze up! It happens! But Lendel Martin didn't choke like you stated earlier! Ridiculous statement about something you have no first hand knowledge of!! I joke about knowing a lot but then guys like you throw an opinion out there and makes me realize I should give myself more actual credit! I know Coach Martin well so I'll give him a call tomorrow and see what he was thinking and report back

hooperfromwestside

Quote from: Hero of Twin Groves on March 05, 2018, 09:22:06 pm
Do you think I'll get picked up at the nest? If so when do y'all play?

GassvilleDragonfly

Quote from: hooperfromwestside on March 05, 2018, 09:12:07 pm
Sorry, wrong north Arkansas Warrior. I'm not a fan of WG, just I've seen them play a lot and know how they tend to work.

doctor in the house

I think that the statement that "the Western Grove kids froze up" is a very ridiculous statement...

Chicky

Quote from: thebigman3 on March 05, 2018, 09:25:26 pm
have to agree with this...once they stalled it, on the direction of their coach, it started a downhill spiral. 

Chicky

Quote from: doctor in the house on March 06, 2018, 02:51:02 am
I think that the statement that "the Western Grove kids froze up" is a very ridiculous statement...

thechampchamp

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on March 05, 2018, 07:15:43 pm
Hate on western Grove? I don't think anybody knew who they were before now LOL
lol i dont think anyone but the junkies knew where shirley was until they made the huge drug bust and got on TV

thechampchamp

and  WG did choke. They had the 18 point lead!! come on now, all they had to do was WHAT THEY WERE DOING when they got that lead. If they would have just kept pounding it down their throat there may have been a different outcome. But they choked. Simple as that. Not hating. Just stating a fact. If they didnt choke, what exactly did they do then??

HorseFeathers

Funny that these guy posters want to give the credit to Western Grove instead of their own team for the win....

SackAttack

Quote from: thechampchamp on March 06, 2018, 08:40:39 am
and  WG did choke. They had the 18 point lead!! come on now, all they had to do was WHAT THEY WERE DOING when they got that lead. If they would have just kept pounding it down their throat there may have been a different outcome. But they choked. Simple as that. Not hating. Just stating a fact. If they didnt choke, what exactly did they do then??
Has Hutch ever choked? Answer carefully! I've witnessed it by your definition of choking! Saw them lose about 4 years ago up 14 with 3 to play! Turnovers missed fts one terrible timeout that benefitted the other team! Or did his team just get caught up in it!

super fan

Quote from: SackAttack on March 06, 2018, 09:02:22 pm
Has Hutch ever choked? Answer carefully! I've witnessed it by your definition of choking! Saw them lose about 4 years ago up 14 with 3 to play! Turnovers missed fts one terrible timeout that benefitted the other team! Or did his team just get caught up in it!
He was up 10 on Armorel with 5:41 to go. Went slow down and with 3 minuets to go it's was a 3 point game. Had to hang on for dear life.

Chicky

Quote from: HorseFeathers on March 06, 2018, 07:52:43 pm
Funny that these guy posters want to give the credit to Western Grove instead of their own team for the win...
well, it was pretty obvious to anyone who watched that one in person.

thebigman3

Quote from: SackAttack on March 06, 2018, 09:02:22 pm
Well in 40 years of coaching you probably will at one point in time lol, but we're talking about now, your talking about 4 years ago! lol get outta here man Nobody cares what happened 4 years ago in 1a basketball!

BannerMountainMan

March 07, 2018, 08:58:36 am #33 Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 10:37:06 am by BannerMountainMan
Quote from: thebigman3 on March 07, 2018, 08:52:55 am
Well in 40 years of coaching you probably will at one point in time lol, but we're talking about now, your talking about 4 years ago! lol get outta here man Nobody cares what happened 4 years ago in 1a basketball!
we all care about 35 years ago 🙄

thebigman3

SackAttack

Quote from: thebigman3 on March 07, 2018, 08:52:55 am
So once again Hutchy gets a pass for messing up while we hold others accountable! Hypocrite times 83 bruh

thebigman3

Quote from: SackAttack on March 07, 2018, 01:27:35 pm
So once again Hutchy gets a pass for messing up while we hold others accountable! Hypocrite times 83 bruh
Hutch must have beat you back in 83 ina pick up game or something.

SackAttack

Quote from: thebigman3 on March 07, 2018, 01:35:52 pm
Hutch must have beat you back in 83 ina pick up game or something.
Nope I'm the one guy that can go toe to toe with your boy Hutch! And I figured that was all you could come back with! Some things are just predictable and easy to figure

1Lurker

Did Western Grove have some 9th graders move up for the post season?

ozarkmtnsman

Quote from: 1Lurker on March 07, 2018, 03:24:43 pm

If they did, they did not see much playing time. WG did have one move-in/transfer in January that helped out quite a bit. Though it was a bit controversial.  WG did what they needed to get good seeding in district, regions, and state. The also drew a pretty easy first round draw in Strong.

hooperfromwestside

Quote from: SackAttack on March 07, 2018, 02:41:45 pm
Nope I'm the one guy that can go toe to toe with your boy Hutch! And I figured that was all you could come back with! Some things are just predictable and easy to figure
If you can go toe to toe with him then go get his rebounding and scoring records at uca. Sackattack you are a joke. And ya moms a ho

Chicky

Quote from: SackAttack on March 05, 2018, 10:00:20 pm
I was there yes his team froze up! It happens! But Lendel Martin didn't choke like you stated earlier! Ridiculous statement about something you have no first hand knowledge of!! I joke about knowing a lot but then guys like you throw an opinion out there and makes me realize I should give myself more actual credit! I know Coach Martin well so I'll give him a call tomorrow and see what he was thinking and report back
No games this week, we are patiently waiting for your report.

JimmyChitwood

Quote from: 1Lurker on March 07, 2018, 03:24:43 pm
They had at least two that I know of. One was a good shooter and another a big man but I dont think either made a big impact in the tourney. They will be hard to handle next year from the looks of it.

SackAttack

Quote from: hooperfromwestside on March 07, 2018, 06:50:09 pm
If you can go toe to toe with him then go get his rebounding and scoring records at uca. Sackattack you are a joke. And ya moms a ho
LOL! Gotta love teenagers

Backboard Shattered

Quote from: hooperfromwestside on March 07, 2018, 06:50:09 pm
Do you know Sacks mom?  I met her she showed me how to square dance.  Nice friendly woman.  I take it you don't really know him or her just running that pie hole.  I got a few combos you can stick in that mouth

hooperfromwestside

Quote from: Backboard Shattered on March 08, 2018, 06:08:04 am
Do you know Sacks mom?  I met her she showed me how to square dance.  Nice friendly woman.  I take it you don't really know him or her just running that pie hole.  I got a few combos you can stick in that mouth
[/quote
She has the best mouth to stick combos in

SackAttack

Quote from: Backboard Shattered on March 08, 2018, 06:08:04 am
Trying to give Hooper enough rope to hang himself with

thechampchamp

thebigman3

Quote from: SackAttack on March 07, 2018, 02:41:45 pm
That wasn't the point of that statement. You don't like Hutch for whatever reason. Maybe he ripped you off on a deal for some junk he bought from you cause he took advantage of your lack of knowledge.

thechampchamp

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas