• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best officials in the Greers Ferry area

Started by Moonshiner, March 04, 2018, 02:04:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Moonshiner

Forget players and coaches.  Let's look at what's really important this time of year, officials.   I know we have a bazillion posters from the Greers Ferry area.  I'd like a ranking of the top referees from that area. 
I've got Daren Reed at number 1.  Who are numbers two through 5?
The class A state tournament was filled with clowns.  Only a few were at high quality.  Stan the man Ward  might be number two...who are the gurus of the whistle that should be calling the finals....

bluedemon

Stan ward great if you go to games at concord. Retired padgett and sidekick squires excellent if a thunderbird fan. Todd Garrett will probably be working a state finals as always the rest will unfortunately be back next year

Moonshiner

Is Darren Reed still blowing the whistle down there?

bluedemon

Rallyround

Jack Martin was the fairest I saw this season

BannerMountainMan

There's a few good ens, and a few bad ones, you can see the fans reactions on a daily basis of who they see going out there.

riccoar

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on March 05, 2018, 09:09:27 am
There's a few good ens, and a few bad ones, you can see the fans reactions on a daily basis of who they see going out there.
One thing a few in 1A are bad about is trying to pay attention to things people in the crowd are saying.  That's a no-no.  Too much happening on the court and with the occasional needs to address the benches for ref to be looking into the stands when someone makes a comment.  That's a dead give away an official is not cut out to be a ref.

arstatechamp13

Who is the bald headed guy that reffed regionals at Greers Ferry? Good ref, seemed to call it straight and keep it fun

riccoar

Quote from: arstatechamp13 on March 05, 2018, 10:21:34 am
Who is the bald headed guy that reffed regionals at Greers Ferry? Good ref, seemed to call it straight and keep it fun
Keith Brown knows who he is

not so slim shady

Todd Harned and Jason Squires both call quite a bit- you may be referring to Todd "Mr. Clean" Garrett. I've got some officials that I will add to this list later- just got to finish my nicknaming.

JimmyChitwood

Quote from: not so slim shady on March 05, 2018, 10:45:04 am
Todd Harned and Jason Squires both call quite a bit- you may be referring to Todd "Mr. Clean" Garrett. I've got some officials that I will add to this list later- just got to finish my nicknaming.
Mr Clean is a good football ref. As far as basketball goes, he is baaaaaaaaaaad.

JimmyChitwood

And I'm missing Steve Padgett. He was really good but for some reason he hasn't reffed much this year. May be just a supervisor or something now because I see him at all kinds of games.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: JimmyChitwood on March 05, 2018, 09:02:46 pm
And I'm missing Steve Padgett. He was really good but for some reason he hasn't reffed much this year. May be just a supervisor or something now because I see him at all kinds of games.

Heard he hung up the whistle.... Maybe he just assigns now? Did see him at district region and state tournament taking in some games though

SackAttack

not so slim shady

Here's 10 big time central Arkansas officials. Some old. Some not so old.

Shelby "the soft whistle" Qualls
Dean "manicured mustache" Hastings
Darren "mister mechanics" Reed
Stan "the bird man" Ward
Dennis "curly Q" Butler
Richie "the rosebud rocket" Martin
Randy "wildcat" Wiley
Jeff "the sacred heart homer" Crawford
"Bodacious" Bobby Marshall
Jason "and 1" Squires

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: not so slim shady on March 06, 2018, 09:46:45 pm
Here's 10 big time central Arkansas officials. Some old. Some not so old.

Shelby "the soft whistle" Qualls
Dean "manicured mustache" Hastings
Darren "mister mechanics" Reed
Stan "the bird man" Ward
Dennis "curly Q" Butler
Richie "the rosebud rocket" Martin
Randy "wildcat" Wiley
Jeff "the sacred heart homer" Crawford
"Bodacious" Bobby Marshall
Jason "and 1" Squires
2 of those are on my bad ref list, if you can name them you win

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas