• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2A Semifinal MT and Clarendon

Started by girlsbbfanatic, March 04, 2018, 09:19:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MT Legend

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on March 08, 2018, 05:50:39 am
He has pretty good handles for a  6'6 player. He played on the block most of the rematch game with M.T.
thats Because Wilburn was giving them the inside in this game. And taking away the outside.he can basic dribble. He just seems to be lose with his handless. In college he would get the ball taking very easily. That kinda a lose handless will work against 2A competition but at the next level nah.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: MT Legend on March 08, 2018, 06:13:08 am
thats Because Wilburn was giving them the inside in this game. And taking away the outside.he can basic dribble. He just seems to be lose with his handless. In college he would get the ball taking very easily. That kinda a lose handless will work against 2A competition but at the next level nah.

He's a Jr, so he has time to work on them. I saw him more than once dribble from rebound on one end to dunk/lay up/assist on the other. I know who is working him out, and that's one thing he will get better at.

And saying Wilburn "gave" them the inside, that is a little miss leading. The Tree didn't give up anything, He (Cartwright) took it. The Tree (or not really any 2a team) has an answer for him when he stays close to the block. You say it like they left him open, when actually multiple times the Tree had help defense on him.

MT Legend

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on March 08, 2018, 07:31:43 am
He's a Jr, so he has time to work on them. I saw him more than once dribble from rebound on one end to dunk/lay up/assist on the other. I know who is working him out, and that's one thing he will get better at.

And saying Wilburn "gave" them the inside, that is a little miss leading. The Tree didn't give up anything, He (Cartwright) took it. The Tree (or not really any 2a team) has an answer for him when he stays close to the block. You say it like they left him open, when actually multiple times the Tree had help defense on him.
he is good not taking anything away from the kid. MT didn't have the size to contend with him down low. So as a coach you have to pick one or the other. In regionals they killed us from 3 so Wilburn made getting out to shooters more of a infuses. He did take down low cause he should have did that he was the biggest guy on the court.no MT is just quick we close in a flash. Of course you're going to be concerned and have a man watching but you could tell we was more concerned about their 3 point shooters in this one.

Dogg

If that kid gets the ball on the block or in the paint he could score when he wants to.
If he gets the ball in the right spot somebody is going on s poster!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas