• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best 1A players

Started by hasbeen, March 03, 2018, 09:40:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BigLion10

I doubt anyone wants to see Earle now. Earle turns it on when the postseason gets here, have for years

D6Bound

D6Bound

Quote from: baller334 on March 04, 2018, 01:14:25 pm
That was Earle without 3 starters!!! Totally different team!! Their leading scorer all year don't even hardly see the floor now.
You're telling me Cooper would be struggling in top competition against 3A and 4A teams?

D6Bound

Quoted wrong post but you know what I'm trying to say.

baller334

He struggled against EPC and they are at best mediocre 2A!! I admit he's one of the best in 1A and wld compete well in 2A with most but yes he struggle mightily in 3A and above. The defense is so much better.

D6Bound

Quote from: baller334 on March 04, 2018, 01:19:39 pm
He struggled against EPC and they are at best mediocre 2A!! I admit he's one of the best in 1A and wld compete well in 2A with most but yes he struggle mightily in 3A and above. The defense is so much better.
he had a 40 point game against E Stem last year...same team who beat Southside in the regionals

D6Bound

And didn't he have 37 against EPC when he was "struggling"?

BigLion10

Estem boys weren't near the same team they were this year

D6Bound

Quote from: BigLion10 on March 04, 2018, 01:21:29 pm
Estem boys weren't near the same team they were this year
still knocked out Southside in the regional tournament.

By the way ICC actually beat E Stem this year and if not mistaken Cooper had 20+ poonts

D6Bound

Only reason why I'm bringing this up is because I disagree that some 1A players couldn't play levels above them. Guarentee you Colton Watson could've balled in 2A, 3A, and maybe 4A

Flobbito

If mediocre 2A teams make it to their state tournament, I think harms your argument more than helping it.

hooperfromwestside

Quote from: Flobbito on March 04, 2018, 01:24:37 pm
If mediocre 2A teams make it to their state tournament, I think harms your argument more than helping it.
+1

baller334

There is no talking with y'all lol!! I'm not bashing the kid. I understand he might of had a good game here or there but he wld not do that very often in 3A or 4A!! If all you watch is 1A ball or Guy or ICC then NO YOU will never see this debate.

D6Bound

Quote from: baller334 on March 04, 2018, 01:31:58 pm
There is no talking with y'all lol!! I'm not bashing the kid. I understand he might of had a good game here or there but he wld not do that very often in 3A or 4A!! If all you watch is 1A ball or Guy or ICC then NO YOU will never see this debate.
Cooper also plays with the EYBL Wings squad...

hooperfromwestside

1A BASKETBALL IS THE GREATEST CLASSIFICATION IN THE WORLD!!! GO SMALL TOWN ARKANSAS!! I think we can all put our differences aside within the 1a to agree on this;)

D6Bound

Quote from: hooperfromwestside on March 04, 2018, 01:35:22 pm
1A BASKETBALL IS THE GREATEST CLASSIFICATION IN THE WORLD!!! GO SMALL TOWN ARKANSAS!! I think we can all put our differences aside within the 1a to agree on this;)
NO WE'RE INFERIOR AND OUT OF TOUCH WITH REALITY

hooperfromwestside

Quote from: D6Bound on March 04, 2018, 01:37:59 pm
NO WE'RE INFERIOR AND OUT OF TOUCH WITH REALITY
1a basketball is the only reality

hooperfromwestside

I will be selling "1a vs everybody" t shirts at hot springs. Come and get your shirt, 10$ a pop

Flobbito

Quote from: baller334 on March 04, 2018, 01:31:58 pm

I frequently watch 5A - 1A ball and AAU/AAO summer ball, Martin, Cooper, Faulkner could start on any of the teams I watched.  I haven't seen the elite AR H.S. teams but I have seen enough to know these kids are good. The difference in these higher classifications is depth. Maybe they aren't top tier D1 talent, but they could and probably will continue to play somewhere on the next level.

D6Bound

I've always wanted to see an elite D1 player play in 1A. Anybody remember James Anderson from Junction City back in like...2007? Still holds most points in state finals with 44 points. I think he played in 2A

J.D.

Quote from: D6Bound on March 04, 2018, 01:58:14 pm
I've always wanted to see an elite D1 player play in 1A. Anybody remember James Anderson from Junction City back in like...2007? Still holds most points in state finals with 44 points. I think he played in 2A

One of the best high school players I've ever seen in person

D6Bound

Quote from: J.D. on March 04, 2018, 02:03:02 pm
One of the best high school players I've ever seen in person
still remember the first shot he took at the beginning of the game was a 40 footer coming off a screen and nailing the shot. Insanity man.

J.D.

Quote from: D6Bound on March 04, 2018, 02:05:37 pm
still remember the first shot he took at the beginning of the game was a 40 footer coming off a screen and nailing the shot. Insanity man.

I remember him playing against Jessieville in the State Finals and literally single-handily destroying them lol.

He went on to be a Big 12 Player of the Year for Oklahoma State.  He also dropped 30 in a game for the 76ers.  Not sure what he is up to now, but he was and all-time great high school player.

D6Bound

Quote from: J.D. on March 04, 2018, 02:29:17 pm
I remember him playing against Jessieville in the State Finals and literally single-handily destroying them lol.

He went on to be a Big 12 Player of the Year for Oklahoma State.  He also dropped 30 in a game for the 76ers.  Not sure what he is up to now, but he was and all-time great high school player.
I knew he was a stud at Oklahoma State. And I knew he played in the League. Definitely lived up to the hype in his last game of his high school career unlike Mr. Monk

SackAttack

Cory Carr from Kingsland in 1994!! Texas Tech and 4-5 years in the NBA! I think there was a kid from WV that walked on at Notre Dame and eventually earned a scholarship I believe! Same year 1994. Also from our area Keith Corncob Cornett played D1 at a school in Texas as did Scott Warcock Whillock! Yes it happens but rarely and those guys were from the best decade of basketball in Arkansas hands down! Y'all ready for the next lesson let me know!!!

Flobbito

Quote from: D6Bound on March 04, 2018, 01:58:14 pm

I think Zimmerman on the Ladybacks is from Wonderview.

begpmat

Cornett actually went to Northark in Harrison redshirted and then played 2 more years before transferring on.

D6Bound

Quote from: Flobbito on March 04, 2018, 06:55:53 pm
I think Zimmerman on the Ladybacks is from Wonderview.
eh, don't watch much girls basketball. But I'll tell you this, I can't wait to watch Christyn Williams play this week

SackAttack

Quote from: D6Bound on March 04, 2018, 07:17:09 pm
eh, don't watch much girls basketball. But I'll tell you this, I can't wait to watch Christyn Williams play this week
Agree on the girls basketball thing and the Williams part too

Jackmerius Tacktheratrix

A few other pretty solid players...
Tharp from Midland
Godwin from Mammoth Spring
Scholtens from Ridgefield Christian
Carr from Armorel

HorseFeathers

Faulkner from ICC as well as Cooper...

dunkman

can't forget Matlock from Omaha he's one of the few 1A players that will be playing next level next year

1Lurker

Quote from: dunkman on March 04, 2018, 07:53:52 pm
can't forget Matlock from Omaha he's one of the few 1A players that will be playing next level next year

Any idea where hes gonna play yet?

begpmat

Got several options none from D2 to NAIA to JR college will decide within a month.

thebigman3

Quote from: baller334 on March 04, 2018, 01:03:48 pm
I think we can all agree on this. The 1A State Tournament is fun/good basketball to watch. There is kids with some good talent and I would take nothing from any kid out there. The truth is you move any of these kids or one of these final four teams up just one class to 2A and they have a hard time competing and even making it out of Regionals. They are definitely not D1 for sure, MAYBE D2, MAYBE. Its Amazing the difference in competition when you go up to just 2A!! You move up to 3A and most of these kids won't even be on the 2nd string.
Guy barely lost to Drew Central without 3 starters on the court and not a kid over 6 feet tall... and drew is in 3a state championship.

Flobbito

Quote from: D6Bound on March 04, 2018, 07:17:09 pm
Williams can flat play. Her ball handling, jumping ability and athleticism sets her apart. She has two other girls that are on that team with her that are very good too.

AVGBBFAN

Quote from: thebigman3 on March 04, 2018, 09:55:49 am
If she's number 25 then yes.

Hartley is 35 - and if she was 4-5" taller would be one of the most recruited players in the state at any level....

25 from Bay is Sarah Blackman and she is the most athletic / fastest girls player i have seen in 40 years of watching basketball.  I would love to know what her vertical is.

FromTheBench

Quote from: hooperfromwestside on March 04, 2018, 10:59:08 am
Minton On guy-D1 capable
Petrucceli On guy-d1 capable
Spires On guy- d2 capable
Tipton-could possibly go somewhere

You will never work for a professional scouting company. Spires is the laziest player in the state, no college coach would want that. Petrucelli is fast but not D1 fast and way too small, maybe D3. Minton is their best overall person and player. Would like to see him play somewhere, but the level of play from even NAIA and up is insanely higher than any good basketball team in high school. Tipton would never make it in college program..PERIOD

riccoar

Yeah, Tipton is done after HS.  Too small and no stamina.

dunkman

Not sure how much college ball you guys watch, but that next level is huge no matter what level from JRCO to D1. Its a big mans sports anymore. That's why not many high school players ever make it. And 1A ball has very few. The 5'10 to 6'2 players are a dime a dozen don't matter how good you are, because at next level you got a 6'5 plus on you.

SackAttack

Quote from: FromTheBench on March 05, 2018, 08:51:58 am
You will never work for a professional scouting company. Spires is the laziest player in the state, no college coach would want that. Petrucelli is fast but not D1 fast and way too small, maybe D3. Minton is their best overall person and player. Would like to see him play somewhere, but the level of play from even NAIA and up is insanely higher than any good basketball team in high school. Tipton would never make it in college program..PERIOD
Yes plus there's actual rules and standards that most colleges adhere strongly to! But they could probably play for that D1 school out in Cali that was offering Timmy Campbell or the semi-pro team he's on I believe  ;D ;D

jcshow

boys- Carson Petrucelli

girls- Gracie Raby

Flobbito

They could all play for Big Baller Brand though, Lithuania here we go!

87DAWG

Quote from: Flobbito on March 04, 2018, 01:53:23 pm
I frequently watch 5A - 1A ball and AAU/AAO summer ball, Martin, Cooper, Faulkner could start on any of the teams I watched.  I haven't seen the elite AR H.S. teams but I have seen enough to know these kids are good. The difference in these higher classifications is depth. Maybe they aren't top tier D1 talent, but they could and probably will continue to play somewhere on the next level.
Agreed. I have seen the Faulkner kid play against some pretty stout and older kids in the summers past and played very well. Cooper is legit! Plays summer ball at top level. These kids are young but talented and could play at any HS level in Arkansas. Maybe not dominate but play and be very effective.

LHHC

March 05, 2018, 09:12:46 pm #94 Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 09:08:42 am by LHHC

Just curious, how many did cooper have in that game?  Btw Not real sure if a referee should be commenting on these posts? Just kind of think it might be a conflict of interest.

baller334

Who are you talking about????

allprosports101

if your telling me that minton on guy team couldn't make it to college then there is something wrong with your eyes he is one of the most respectable player in 1a basketball he never argues with the ref you never see him make any disrespectful hand movement or gestures he never fights with his opponents he can drive and FINISH against any team he had almost 60 in one game this year

hooperfromwestside

Quote from: allprosports101 on March 06, 2018, 09:16:07 am
if your telling me that minton on guy team couldn't make it to college then there is something wrong with your eyes he is one of the most respectable player in 1a basketball he never argues with the ref you never see him make any disrespectful hand movement or gestures he never fights with his opponents he can drive and FINISH against any team he had almost 60 in one game this year
Amen

Bigpoppa

Quote from: hooperfromwestside on March 04, 2018, 10:59:08 am
Minton On guy-D1 capable
Petrucceli On guy-d1 capable
Spires On guy- d2 capable
Tipton-could possibly go somewhere

They are fine 1A ball players, but D1?! How tall is Spires, maybe 6'4"? In D1 he will play against a minimum of 6'9" athletes. Minton and Petrucceli are 1A fast, but that isn't D1 fast and they aren't D1 sized. How many D1 colleges - even D2 are looking at these guys? Not knocking them - but only 3% of all high school players will compete at any NCAA level. Most have metrics of size, speed, and build before they will even look at you. Jacob Roark is the 2nd all time scorer in Arkansas HS history and went to D2 Harding.

Bigpoppa

Quote from: Flobbito on March 04, 2018, 08:53:40 am
For her work all season long Hardy belongs, especially for her defense.  For her work in the tournament I think you swap her for Ellis.

On the Hardy kid, her offense needs work, but I think she is guard dependent as a scorer - and the guards don't utilize her height match ups enough. Her height and length cause a lot of problems in the paint on defense. She has had a ton of blocks and altered a lot more. Like one fan put it - it is Raby's offense and Hardy's defense. If Mt Vernon figures out how to utilize her against an undersized Wonderview team - it could make the difference. Pretty sure she is getting several looks from colleges due to her combination of height and athleticism. I saw three colleges talk to her and her dad at the Final Four.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas