• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best 1A players

Started by hasbeen, March 03, 2018, 09:40:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hasbeen

1 game left. Who are the top 1A player for this season?

D6Bound

March 03, 2018, 09:49:41 pm #1 Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 09:57:48 pm by D6Bound
From the state tournament, my top boys (no order) are
ICC- Cooper, Faulkner
WG- Baker, and their big boy (can't remember name)
Kirby- Smith, #23
MVE- Martin
Guy Perkins- Hutch's grandson (can't remember name)
Bay- Gibson
Would add a few more players but I don't want to be biased for ICC or anything so I'm a leave it like this

hooperfromwestside

You're forgetting a few more from guy, lol, they have four that can ball

D6Bound

Quote from: hooperfromwestside on March 04, 2018, 12:04:23 am
You're forgetting a few more from guy, lol, they have four that can ball
You're absolutely right, however I didn't want to put a whole roster on there. It's just the ones that mainly stood out to me.

I would also like to acknowledge how much respect I have for Smith from Kirby. The way he put his team on his back at that final 2 minute stretch against ICC getting basket after basket was insane. He's a great kid too. I've always noticed that year in and year out Kirby has always had great kids and a classy crowd win or lose, they're certainly a special fan base. I wish nothing but the best for them.

BasketballNeverStops

For girls, I would say:
Wonderview: Zimmerman, Byers
MVE: Raby, Hardy
Kirby: Smith
Norfork: Dodson
Mammoth Spring: Layne

hooperfromwestside

Quote from: BasketballNeverStops on March 04, 2018, 03:15:03 am
For girls, I would say:
Idk that hardy deserves to be on here, she's never really impressed me.

RedWolf275

Quote from: BasketballNeverStops on March 04, 2018, 03:15:03 am
For girls, I would say:

Hartley for Bay has to be on any girls list imo.

Flobbito

Quote from: hooperfromwestside on March 04, 2018, 08:23:37 am
Idk that hardy deserves to be on here, she's never really impressed me.

For her work all season long Hardy belongs, especially for her defense.  For her work in the tournament I think you swap her for Ellis.

hooperfromwestside

Quote from: Flobbito on March 04, 2018, 08:53:40 am
For her work all season long Hardy belongs, especially for her defense.  For her work in the tournament I think you swap her for Ellis.
She just does what someone her size should do, rebound. Girls aren't very athletic so if you're towering over most then you'll get a lot of rebounds. But when she plays someone her size she disappears. And don't get me started on the nothing but backboard block shots. Most of the time she gets a double double cause she gets 5 if her own rebounds with every two points.

dunkman

So how many 1A Boys and Girls going on to next level next year???   Any idea

thebigman3

Quote from: RedWolf275 on March 04, 2018, 08:39:16 am
Hartley for Bay has to be on any girls list imo.
If she's number 25 then yes.

Eagle_Mom_2

I think most would agree we saw 6 or 7 of top boys players just in those games yesterday. Mt Vernon had 2, ICC had 2, Guy had 2 plus the kid who would've been Mt Vernon's 3rd best if he hadn't left there, and Western Grove had 1. Pretty good players in those games.

D6Bound

Quote from: Eagle_Mom_2 on March 04, 2018, 10:07:18 am
I think most would agree we saw 6 or 7 of top boys players just in those games yesterday. Mt Vernon had 2, ICC had 2, Guy had 2 plus the kid who would've been Mt Vernon's 3rd best if he hadn't left there, and Western Grove had 1. Pretty good players in those games.
Wonder why he left MVE to go to Guy 🤔

hooperfromwestside

Quote from: Eagle_Mom_2 on March 04, 2018, 10:07:18 am
Would've been mt.vernons 3rd best? He was their best and could go to any other team and put up 30 a night. But he sacrificed being the best on the team to chase a ring. Looks like he made the right decision.

D6Bound

Quote from: hooperfromwestside on March 04, 2018, 10:32:38 am
Would've been mt.vernons 3rd best? He was their best and could go to any other team and put up 30 a night. But he sacrificed being the best on the team to chase a ring. Looks like he made the right decision.
looked like to me that if he stayed at MVE he could've been playing in the finals next week

hooperfromwestside

Quote from: D6Bound on March 04, 2018, 10:35:12 am
looked like to me that if he stayed at MVE he could've been playing in the finals next week
Well he is in the finals still. With a clutch performance last night.

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: hooperfromwestside on March 04, 2018, 10:32:38 am

Guess I'm missing something. Martin has been best player as votes by coaches, since he was their all state kid last couple years. Then the number 5 boy is the one who quit last year and then they fell apart late without him playing.
This year, without the boy who moved, they were actually a more talented team. So either you're saying the moved up 10th graders are better than him, or he wasn't actually their best player, or maybe their chemistry was better without him. I dunno but something don't add up there.

SackAttack

Martin kid hands down best all round player between Mt Vernon and Guy!

hooperfromwestside

Quote from: Eagle_Mom_2 on March 04, 2018, 10:54:50 am
Guess I'm missing something. Martin has been best player as votes by coaches, since he was their all state kid last couple years. Then the number 5 boy is the one who quit last year and then they fell apart late without him playing.
This year, without the boy who moved, they were actually a more talented team. So either you're saying the moved up 10th graders are better than him, or he wasn't actually their best player, or maybe their chemistry was better without him. I dunno but something don't add up there.
The chemistry was probably better, but he lead then in points, assist, and steals. 3 out of 4 on the stat sheet. That doesn't lie.

hooperfromwestside

Quote from: SackAttack on March 04, 2018, 10:55:29 am
Minton On guy-D1 capable
Petrucceli On guy-d1 capable
Spires On guy- d2 capable
Tipton-could possibly go somewhere

D6Bound

Quote from: Eagle_Mom_2 on March 04, 2018, 10:54:50 am
I watched Martin yesterday and he's by far a top 5 1A player this season, maybe even higher.

D6Bound

Quote from: hooperfromwestside on March 04, 2018, 10:59:08 am
Minton On guy-D1 capable
you're joking right?

hooperfromwestside

Quote from: SackAttack on March 04, 2018, 10:55:29 am
Had 10 points in his final game... top players don't choke.

SackAttack

Quote from: hooperfromwestside on March 04, 2018, 10:59:08 am
Minton On guy-D1 capable
You are kidding right? Or change the bong water!!

D6Bound

Quote from: hooperfromwestside on March 04, 2018, 11:00:35 am
he also had Cooper guarding him who not very many 1A post players are going to succeed against.

hooperfromwestside

March 04, 2018, 11:03:24 am #25 Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 11:10:09 am by hooperfromwestside

SackAttack

Quote from: hooperfromwestside on March 04, 2018, 10:57:33 am
The chemistry was probably better, but he lead then in points, assist, and steals. 3 out of 4 on the stat sheet. That doesn't lie.
In many cases the stat sheet can reveal selfishness

hooperfromwestside

Quote from: D6Bound on March 04, 2018, 11:01:41 am
he also had Cooper guarding him who not very many 1A post players are going to succeed against.
I just realized we are talking about a team that ain't even in the mix now. All this talk is irrelevant now. Lol

D6Bound

Quote from: hooperfromwestside on March 04, 2018, 11:03:24 am
Nope, not at all. Watched that Minton boy go for 60 points this year. Watched that petruccelli boy go for 35 countless times. Spires grabs 20+ rebounds in every big game. And Tipton Has a beautiful shot
Dang. Surprised Jonesboro didn't pick them up last off-season. So with a loaded roster like that how have they lost against ANY 1A teams this season?

D6Bound

I'm not an expert but if you're in 1A ball and have two D1 talented players then you shouldn't be losing very many 1A games!

hooperfromwestside

Quote from: D6Bound on March 04, 2018, 11:07:28 am
I'm not an expert but if you're in 1A ball and have two D1 talented players then you shouldn't be losing very many 1A games!
Took some figuring out for them

D6Bound

Quote from: hooperfromwestside on March 04, 2018, 11:09:19 am
Took some figuring out for them
I'm with the SackAttack. Change the bong water man

hooperfromwestside

Hero of Twin Groves

I'm with hooper I think the guy kids are d1 capable and d2 capable. I get to play against them on Sunday's at hutch arena and they can flat go. Any college coach would love the discipline and hard work these kids would bring to the table. Be a sad day if they don't pan out. Good thing is they have the history of hutchs players going and to successful college careers.

Flobbito

Quote from: hooperfromwestside on March 04, 2018, 11:00:35 am

So <20% of his teams point total against a kid who has D1 talent as a Sophomore isn't good enough?

D6Bound

Quote from: Hero of Twin Groves on March 04, 2018, 11:40:18 am
I'm with hooper I think the guy kids are d1 capable and d2 capable. I get to play against them on Sunday's at hutch arena and they can flat go. Any college coach would love the discipline and hard work these kids would bring to the table. Be a sad day if they don't pan out. Good thing is they have the history of hutchs players going and to successful college careers.
You wouldn't know D1 talent if it slapped you in the face. Jesus. Ballard and the Ealy kid last year were better than any of the kids this year and they ain't d1

D6Bound

Don't insult this 1A thread with your delusions

D6Bound

March 04, 2018, 12:22:46 pm #37 Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 12:25:25 pm by D6Bound
Now you wanna see ACTUAL D1 talent you go watch the 4A state championship with Baptist Prep and Jonesboro Westside or 5A Mills and Parkview.

begpmat

I totally agree one of my best friends is a college coach and he spent most of the week at Morrilton and made will not be 2 or 3 kids at most play college ball next year and no D1 players.

Backboard Shattered

Quote from: hooperfromwestside on March 04, 2018, 11:04:25 am
I just realized we are talking about a team that ain't even in the mix now. All this talk is irrelevant now. Lol
I thought this thread was about the best players which makes all this y'all relevant

D6Bound

Quote from: begpmat on March 04, 2018, 12:35:29 pm
I totally agree one of my best friends is a college coach and he spent most of the week at Morrilton and made will not be 2 or 3 kids at most play college ball next year and no D1 players.
I don't want to discourage kids but come on now, if your child is a 3.0 student you probably shouldn't be pressuring him into being a Neurologist

Hero of Twin Groves

Quote from: D6Bound on March 04, 2018, 12:17:38 pm
You wouldn't know D1 talent if it slapped you in the face. Jesus. Ballard and the Ealy kid last year were better than any of the kids this year and they ain't d1
I think I would. I played pick up with Austin reeves and he literally slapped me in the face. Last time I checked he is d1. The kids from guy are every bit the player he is just not as big.

hooperfromwestside

Quote from: Backboard Shattered on March 04, 2018, 12:38:53 pm
I thought this thread was about the best players which makes all this y'all relevant
True

D6Bound

Quote from: Hero of Twin Groves on March 04, 2018, 12:44:54 pm
I think I would. I played pick up with Austin reeves and he literally slapped me in the face. Last time I checked he is d1. The kids from guy are every bit the player he is just not as big.
Now you're comparing the kids to Austin Reeves...

1Lurker

Wow! Guy has 4 slightly above average kids that with that Guy funk have had a great year. Guy does not have a single top 10 player in class A that I have seen. None of those kids look like college talent to me. They may win it all, but I honestly just dont understand the Guy hype. What am I missing here?

baller334

Quote from: begpmat on March 04, 2018, 12:35:29 pm

I think we can all agree on this. The 1A State Tournament is fun/good basketball to watch. There is kids with some good talent and I would take nothing from any kid out there. The truth is you move any of these kids or one of these final four teams up just one class to 2A and they have a hard time competing and even making it out of Regionals. They are definitely not D1 for sure, MAYBE D2, MAYBE. Its Amazing the difference in competition when you go up to just 2A!! You move up to 3A and most of these kids won't even be on the 2nd string.

hooperfromwestside

Quote from: baller334 on March 04, 2018, 01:03:48 pm
I think we can all agree on this. The 1A State Tournament is fun/good basketball to watch. There is kids with some good talent and I would take nothing from any kid out there. The truth is you move any of these kids or one of these final four teams up just one class to 2A and they have a hard time competing and even making it out of Regionals. They are definitely not D1 for sure, MAYBE D2, MAYBE. Its Amazing the difference in competition when you go up to just 2A!! You move up to 3A and most of these kids won't even be on the 2nd string.
Petruccelli started 7a at Conway for 2 years..

1Lurker

Quote from: hooperfromwestside on March 04, 2018, 01:05:57 pm
Petruccelli started 7a at Conway for 2 years..

He probably impressed me the most from Guy. Quick. Great ball handler and made some great passes. From what i watched, he made Guy go.

D6Bound

Quote from: baller334 on March 04, 2018, 01:03:48 pm
well Bay only got beat 1 by Earle and Earle is in the state championship while Bay couldn't get out of the quarter finals so...

baller334

That was Earle without 3 starters!!! Totally different team!! Their leading scorer all year don't even hardly see the floor now.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas