• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Baptist Prep vs. Westside

Started by ArkansasSportsFan, March 03, 2018, 09:11:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ArkansasSportsFan

What are everybody's thoughts? I really think Westside has too much firepower and will take this one. I've got Westside by 10.

Bbal789

I liked baptist prep after watching districts and regionals but man their performances at the state tournament were absolutely pathetic for their standards

Bbal789

If the westside team i saw play today played today's baptist team it would be a 15+ point win for westside. The baptist team from districts could make it a good game though.

beach bum

Baptist Prep drags Westside in to a rugged and low scoring game... I'll take Prep 48-44

jmc21

Quote from: beach bum on March 03, 2018, 10:13:47 pm
Baptist Prep drags Westside in to a rugged and low scoring game... I'll take Prep 48-44
Have you seen Westside play? They won't be drug into a low scoring game. They will shoot and then run to shoot some more.

beach bum

March 03, 2018, 10:26:34 pm #5 Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 10:28:58 pm by beach bum
Quote from: jmc21 on March 03, 2018, 10:16:55 pm
Have you seen Westside play? They won't be drug into a low scoring game. They will shoot and then run to shoot some more.

Have you seen Prep play? They won't get drug into an up and down high scoring game. They will get stops on the defensive end and force you into a methodical half court game some more  ;D

J12

March 03, 2018, 10:28:02 pm #6 Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 10:31:06 pm by J12

SouthernerPride

Felts vs McBride for the Title. Godspeed

LRRandy

Until you beat em they are defending champs. They have found a way to get back to Hot Springs. I like our chances.

J12

Quote from: LRRandy on March 03, 2018, 11:09:49 pm
Until you beat em they are defending champs. They have found a way to get back to Hot Springs. I like our chances.

Ya going to go or is that too far of a drive?

J12

Is hot springs not central enough?

LRRandy

Quote from: J12 on March 03, 2018, 11:29:10 pm
Is hot springs not central enough?
I'm trying to work it out. Can you give me a ride?

J12

Bbal789

It will be extremely hard to slow Westside down. Baptist typically doesn't slow things down either its just in the state tournament teams have kept Mcbride form getting going from three early in the game. Avery Felts has so many better scoring options around him than Mcbride does. Gage Sheffield can step out and hit threes and Baptist's bigs can't really at all.

Ozark Hog

After watching Westside play I will put my money on them, very talented team.

J12

AAA will be doing a Facebook Live announcement at 2:00 today to reveal time and dates of all games next week in Hot Springs.

pridgehog

No 9 footer to clean up the misses this year. I'll take  Westside by 20!

elvis26

;D I agree pridehog!!!!!!!!!!!!!

StevenGlen

If you want to be the man, you've got to beat the man. I'll take Prep by 4 on the neutral court.

LRRandy

March 05, 2018, 06:52:04 am #19 Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 06:55:24 am by LRRandy
Quote from: pridgehog on March 04, 2018, 03:54:54 pm
and yet here they are in Hot Springs...again. Playing for a state championship....again. All this without a 9 footer cleaning up misses. 20 points?!? Your truly upset is showing.

Edit: Love how the censor cleaned up b u t t h u r t to truly upset. That's awesome.

J12

Why do y'all make me agree with Randy?!

I haven't seen Prep play, but regardless they've won 2 straight titles, & beat Southside this year.  Any team who can beat Southside is absolutely legit.

pridgehog

Quote from: LRRandy on March 05, 2018, 06:52:04 am
and yet here they are in Hot Springs...again. Playing for a state championship....again. All this without a 9 footer cleaning up misses. 20 points?!? Your truly upset is showing.

Edit: Love how the censor cleaned up b u t t h u r t to truly upset. That's awesome.
Randy, I really don't care who wins at all but I was hoping to get under your skin and I did. I think McBride is good enough to beat Westside because I think he is that good. Without CV, this team is vulnerable to lose for sure. Game is back in Hot Springs and so I give the nod to Baptist. Randy, thanks for posting what you did in response, I told a few people that you would be on here responding to it.

LRRandy

Quote from: pridgehog on March 05, 2018, 08:39:30 am
Randy, I really don't care who wins at all but I was hoping to get under your skin and I did. I think McBride is good enough to beat Westside because I think he is that good. Without CV, this team is vulnerable to lose for sure. Game is back in Hot Springs and so I give the nod to Baptist. Randy, thanks for posting what you did in response, I told a few people that you would be on here responding to it.
the 9 foot exaggeration was great. I'm sure when a 5'10" kid drives the lane 7'3" must look like 9 feet. No question about being a different team without Connor but these boys have played well and found a way to win their way back to Hot Springs. Aren't message boards fantastic!!

pridgehog

Quote from: LRRandy on March 05, 2018, 09:32:02 am
the 9 foot exaggeration was great. I'm sure when a 5'10" kid drives the lane 7'3" must look like 9 feet. No question about being a different team without Connor but these boys have played well and found a way to win their way back to Hot Springs. Aren't message boards fantastic!!
Absolutely my friend! We've always kept the Banter Classy! Prep has built a Dynasty and would be pretty amazing to see them win another!

Bbal789

Quote from: LRRandy on March 05, 2018, 09:32:02 am

They played well up until the state tournament and then they got all complacent. They should have beat Riverview by 20+ no need for a buzzer beater but they didn't show up which actually allowed Riverview to stay in it.

(((Subi2Sweet)))

Quote from: Bbal789 on March 05, 2018, 10:04:38 am
They played well up until the state tournament and then they got all complacent. They should have beat Riverview by 20+ no need for a buzzer beater but they didn't show up which actually allowed Riverview to stay in it.
So they didn't play well and are still in the Championship. A 20 point win is just as much of a win as a buzzer beater.

Bbal789

Quote from: (((Subi2Sweet))) on March 05, 2018, 02:19:48 pm
So they didn't play well and are still in the Championship. A 20 point win is just as much of a win as a buzzer beater.

Yea but a 20 point win means that they are playing good and a buzzer beater means they struggled and barely won. A win is a win in terms of getting to a certain point but it does matter how well you are playing also. In regionals they beat Riverview 71-45. In the state tournament 42-40. Not as impressive at all.

(((Subi2Sweet)))

They beat Riverview in district 52-36 on 2 days rest, in regional they beat them 71-45 on 2 days rest, they beat them 42-40 in state after playing less than 24 hours before. Now beating the same team 3 times is difficult. Beating the same team 3 times in 3 weeks is really hard. Beating them after starting to play a game about 23 hours before is very difficult. I guess you are a difficult person to impress, but I think it is impressive.

Bbal789

Quote from: (((Subi2Sweet))) on March 07, 2018, 03:53:12 pm
They beat Riverview in district 52-36 on 2 days rest, in regional they beat them 71-45 on 2 days rest, they beat them 42-40 in state after playing less than 24 hours before. Now beating the same team 3 times is difficult. Beating the same team 3 times in 3 weeks is really hard. Beating them after starting to play a game about 23 hours before is very difficult. I guess you are a difficult person to impress, but I think it is impressive.

Riverview was almost in that same situation and they just got better and Baptist worse?

LRRandy

Quote from: Bbal789 on March 07, 2018, 04:20:00 pm
Riverview was almost in that same situation and they just got better and Baptist worse?
maybe you'll get this burr out of your saddle if Westside wins Saturday. I don't know what Baptist Prep did to hurt you. You've been dogging them all year.  You will heal in time. Maybe you will get your relief Saturday.

Naaaaaahhhh. Baptist Prep is gonna win.

Ozark Hog

I guess Westside should just stay at home since you have already declared BP the winner. Bet they will stay at home no sense wasting the time and money!

LRRandy

Quote from: Ozark Hog on March 07, 2018, 06:03:09 pm
I guess Westside should just stay at home since you have already declared BP the winner. Bet they will stay at home no sense wasting the time and money!
see, I knew that there were some reasonable thinking people on this board.

Ozark Hog

Thanks! I relay the message to Westside coach he will be glad to get the night off!

Bbal789

Quote from: LRRandy on March 07, 2018, 05:14:01 pm
maybe you'll get this burr out of your saddle if Westside wins Saturday. I don't know what Baptist Prep did to hurt you. You've been dogging them all year.  You will heal in time. Maybe you will get your relief Saturday.

Naaaaaahhhh. Baptist Prep is gonna win.

You dog everybody else all year so whats the difference???

Bbal789

Quote from: Ozark Hog on March 07, 2018, 06:03:09 pm

I bet if @LRRandy would have gone up and watched the state tournament games in Brookland he wouldn't be so confident in Baptist. Anybody who saw the Westside and Baptist play last weekend knows that Westside looked much more prepared than Baptist does. The reason the Riverview vs Baptist game was so close was because Baptist went out and played like they were just going to run over Riverview again. Baptist will get a lead and give it right back up because they quit playing hard and start playing no defense. Westside was losing to Southside for a lot of the game but they just kept clawing their way back into it.

LRRandy

Quote from: Bbal789 on March 07, 2018, 06:52:59 pm
I bet if @LRRandy would have gone up and watched the state tournament games in Brookland he wouldn't be so confident in Baptist. Anybody who saw the Westside and Baptist play last weekend knows that Westside looked much more prepared than Baptist does. The reason the Riverview vs Baptist game was so close was because Baptist went out and played like they were just going to run over Riverview again. Baptist will get a lead and give it right back up because they quit playing hard and start playing no defense. Westside was losing to Southside for a lot of the game but they just kept clawing their way back into it.
I bet if you set that to soft music you would draw a tear from more than a few eyes up around Jonesboro

Bbal789

Quote from: LRRandy on March 07, 2018, 06:57:32 pm
I bet if you set that to soft music you would draw a tear from more than a few eyes up around Jonesboro

Very funny, Im just saying Jonesboro Westside is a lot better than you probably think. I know that most the time you are just joking around and trying to stir people up.

LRRandy

Quote from: Bbal789 on March 07, 2018, 07:04:37 pm
Very funny, Im just saying Jonesboro Westside is a lot better than you probably think. I know that most the time you are just joking around and trying to stir people up.
you are exactly right. I am just having fun. I've seen them play. If they are on they can run anyone out of the gym. They are a very good team. Baptist Preps challenge is to keep them from being on (as much as is possible). I'm looking forward to watching the game. Tell J12 I still need a ride.

J12

Quote from: LRRandy on March 07, 2018, 09:16:42 pm
you are exactly right. I am just having fun. I've seen them play. If they are on they can run anyone out of the gym. They are a very good team. Baptist Preps challenge is to keep them from being on (as much as is possible). I'm looking forward to watching the game. Tell J12 I still need a ride.

Call an Uber

PASS

Quote from: Bbal789 on March 03, 2018, 09:16:21 pm
If the westside team i saw play today played today's baptist team it would be a 15+ point win for westside. The baptist team from districts could make it a good game though.
How does that crow taste?

MDXPHD

Quote from: pridgehog on March 04, 2018, 03:54:54 pm

Lol

Ctucker

Game was never close Prep dominated!

JessieP

That was a rear-end kicking. I thought for a second I saw a drop of sweat on one of the BP players forehead but when I paused it and zoomed in it was just a reflection. Congratulations to Baptist Prep, a true dynasty.

BirdCall

Asking for a friend what happened to Westside beating BP in state? McBride is the best junior in his class hands down no debate.

RedWolf275

CoachBobbyT

Absolutely no debate! In fact McBride may be best player in the state regardless of year or classification.

MDXPHD

Quote from: CoachBobbyT on March 10, 2018, 06:35:38 pm
Absolutely no debate! In fact McBride may be best player in the state regardless of year or classification.

Now you're reaching.

beach bum

Quote from: MDXPHD on March 10, 2018, 06:51:41 pm
Now you're reaching.

If he wasn't in that discussion tell me why his teams keep winning? You can have all the glitz, glamour, and flash all you want from a player.... I'll take a winner. The kids a winner.

MDXPHD

Quote from: beach bum on March 10, 2018, 07:18:48 pm
If he wasn't in that discussion tell me why his teams keep winning? You can have all the glitz, glamour, and flash all you want from a player.... I'll take a winner. The kids a winner.

So if teams are winning, then they have to have the top player in the state? Good logic. No doubt he's a fantastic player. But I wouldn't put him top 5 individual in the state this year.

JessieP

Quote from: CoachBobbyT on March 10, 2018, 06:35:38 pm

So the gym had 6 or 7 assistant coaches from the top D1 Power 5 Conferences there? A quick Google search will back that up? I ask because the 3 sites I checked didn't have him in the top 5.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas