• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2018 1A Boys State Championship Thread: Guy Perkins vs Izard Co SAT 7:45

Started by J.D., March 03, 2018, 09:06:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who wins?

Guy-Perkins
39 (49.4%)
Izard County Consolidated
40 (50.6%)

Total Members Voted: 79

hooperfromwestside

Quote from: SackAttack on March 08, 2018, 08:38:33 am
So now we have Hooper talking to himself!! Sigmund Freud would be proud! Should've been smarter !! Look at what you did here!!
I'm similar to smeagel

Moonshiner

So now we have Hooper talking to himself!! Sigmund Freud would be proud! Should've been smarter !! Look at what you did here!!

😂😂🤣🤣

hooperfromwestside

I wanted a positive response so I gave it to myself

Moonshiner

Will be interesting to see if ICC's guards can handle any potential pressure from Guy.
If Guy plays hard this could be a really good game.  Might be even if they don't

thechampchamp

Moonshiner

Quote from: thechampchamp on March 08, 2018, 08:55:11 am
What about spires? Hes gonna be the x factor i think...

That matchup will be interesting. Will Guy play zone or man?  If they play man Cooper will have to make perimeter shots to get Spires away from the basket. I thought that's where Western Grove could've hurt them more.  Spires got away with not having to play defense. 

Backboard Shattered

Quote from: hooperfromwestside on March 08, 2018, 08:25:32 am
I see where hooper is coming from. It seems most the time on here there is no credit given to guy for winning all these games. Just a bunch of game plans on how to beat them and trash talk about them. I wouldn't be surprised if icc's coach is on here right now taking notes on all the different ways to play guy.
Oooops lol

Flobbito

I see where hooper is coming from. It seems most the time on here there is no credit given to guy for winning all these games. Just a bunch of game plans on how to beat them and trash talk about them. I wouldn't be surprised if icc's coach is on here right now taking notes on all the different ways to play guy.

You forgot to change profiles before leaving this remark. You have a point though Guy/Hutch should get some credit for always being in the conversation come state tourney time.

riccoar

Quote from: Flobbito on March 08, 2018, 10:55:02 am
You forgot to change profiles before leaving this remark. You have a point though Guy/Hutch should get some credit for always being in the conversation come state tourney time.
True that.  However I feel safe predicting no State for Guy next year.  Unless a flood of studs "move-in" to Guy, Ar and it's bustling town.

4real

Quote from: riccoar on March 08, 2018, 01:58:09 pm
True that.  However I feel safe predicting no State for Guy next year.  Unless a flood of studs "move-in" to Guy, Ar and it's bustling town.
its happened before...
However, with Hutch retiring, you can bet those days are past

Backboard Shattered

Hands down I say Guy Perkins wins this game.  Here are the reasons
1. Hutch ate Bosses Big Sack during Regionals which has carried him to the finals
2. Rumwhore has it Hutch has already ate one every day since then
3. Hutch has a secret stash of Sack in the Boxes already waiting for him in the town of Hot water coming out of the ground
4. ICC doesn't eat Bosses Big Sacks but if they do or I get a picture or video I could change my pick
5. Hutch has a secret play for the finals called the other
6. Seems as the guard from Guy has eaten 83 Bosses Big Sacks.  Def advantage there
7. Guy has been there and I know there are still parts of Bosses Big Sack inside Hutch. Def advantage
8.3. The 83 Crew has said it before He who eats the Sack is the best team

All this being said ICC must stop at Sonic and get Bosses Big Sack or a Sack in the Box with a side of Fumunda from down unda!  Use promo 83Crew

yesteryearman

There is no disputing that Guy ends up with talented players one way or another.  Lots of coaches have had talented players and not done much with them.  You have to give Hutchcraft credit for putting those players in a position to win, and those players have generally executed whatever game plan he comes up with.  His teams just don't panic and just keep on playing.  The only recent big game where they faltered was two years ago against Bay.  I haven't seen ICC this year but they likely don't have the talent or big game ability of that Bay team.  Thus I am going with Guy by 8.

Pigman

Can we just make Hutch president and give him a retirement check, I am going to watch the boys play, not the coaches, although if they where playing I don't think Hutch could handle ICC coach he is a Beast. ICC by10.

4real

Quote from: Pigman on March 10, 2018, 09:16:06 am
Can we just make Hutch president and give him a retirement check, I am going to watch the boys play, not the coaches, although if they where playing I don't think Hutch could handle ICC coach he is a Beast. ICC by10.
I wouldn't know the icc coach from Adam, but Hutch can flat out play. Him and Larry Bray and Donnie Smith used to rule to Sr league 3 on 3 national tournaments

BasketballNeverStops

1st Q
1:17
ICC-22
Guy-15

Media Timeout. Both teams came out guns a blazing to start this one.

BasketballNeverStops

BasketballNeverStops

2nd Q
6:55
ICC-31
Guy-19

Guy Timeout. Faulkner buries a jumper and Cooper follows it up with Trey.

BasketballNeverStops

Halftime
Izard County-37
Guy-36

Cooper-19
Faulkner-15
Petruccelli-14
Spires-11

BasketballNeverStops

3rd Q
1:07
ICC-54
Guy-50

Media Timeout. Both teams staying hot from downtown.

BasketballNeverStops

J.D.

BasketballNeverStops

March 10, 2018, 08:59:10 pm #72 Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 09:03:48 pm by BasketballNeverStops
4th Q
5:54
Guy-55
ICC-54

ICC Time-out.

Central Ark

Very poor job by ICC not getting back on the team that you absolutely have to get back on

BasketballNeverStops

53.4 left
Guy-65
ICC-62

Cooper drills triple in left corner. Guy ball out of time-out.

BannerMountainMan

Congrats to Mt. Vernon, Conway, and Greenbrier for helping win a state title wooooo!!!

BannerChaser95

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on March 10, 2018, 09:23:07 pm
Congrats to Mt. Vernon, Conway, and Greenbrier for helping win a state title wooooo!!!
didn't Shirley have a move in from Clinton on the runner up team last year..? 🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️

Flobbito

No denim tho...

riccoar

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on March 10, 2018, 09:24:03 pm
didn't Shirley have a move in from Clinton on the runner up team last year..? 🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️
Probably, but didn't have any carpool recruits

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on March 10, 2018, 09:24:03 pm
on the bench 😂

baller334

hooperfromwestside

Backboard Shattered

Razorhummer

Congrats to Guy Perkins and Coach John Hutch. He started his first coaching career as a Grubbs Blue Jay.

BasketballNeverStops

Them Cougars are gonna be pretty solid next season. Two leading scorers in the game were a freshman and a sophomore so they will be very hungry.

yesteryearman

Quote from: BasketballNeverStops on March 11, 2018, 03:00:33 am
Them Cougars are gonna be pretty solid next season. Two leading scorers in the game were a freshman and a sophomore so they will be very hungry.

With Bay moving out and Hutchcraft moving on maybe somebody else will finally have a shot at a championship.

NWA Hawg

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on March 10, 2018, 09:23:07 pm
What players came from where?

thebigman3

thebigman3

I just want y'all to remember!! All of you that's said "they lost to Bay they're not winning" "Quitman beat them they aren't very good" "Concord will beat them first round of regionals" " they got an easier side of the bracket" WELL GUESS WHAT. THE GOD FATHER IN DENIM PREVAILED AND SHUT YALL UP. I'm gonna go hug the trophy now.

D6Bound

Quote from: thebigman3 on March 11, 2018, 10:22:26 am
I just want y'all to remember!! All of you that's said "they lost to Bay they're not winning" "Quitman beat them they aren't very good" "Concord will beat them first round of regionals" " they got an easier side of the bracket" WELL GUESS WHAT. THE GOD FATHER IN DENIM PREVAILED AND SHUT YALL UP. I'm gonna go hug the trophy now.
he wasn't wearing denim last night tho...

Mr. Pappagiorgio

Always great to see a team that plays the right way. Their hard work pay off. Great to see the chemistry they have built all the year they have played together.

Ozark Hog

TTownfan

Quote from: BasketballNeverStops on March 11, 2018, 03:00:33 am
With the addition of Brogdon they should win it next year unless he disrupts the team chemistry.

thebigman3

Quote from: Outoftownfan on March 11, 2018, 02:33:14 pm
With the addition of Brogdon they should win it next year unless he disrupts the team chemistry.
Dang the season ended last night and y'all are already counting guy out again😂😂

Pigman

Quote from: thebigman3 on March 11, 2018, 10:22:26 am
i was there, I am not a team fan of either but you could feel this was all build for Guy's coach. I listened to the radio and how does a team not shoot a free throw in the 4th. Both teams are really good, but I was sitting with other neutral fans and they where talking about it. Hate it for the kids, it was like the coach won it for them. But all do respect he was a great coach.

Backboard Shattered

Quote from: thebigman3 on March 11, 2018, 04:36:51 pm
Dang the season ended last night and y'all are already counting guy out again😂😂
How many of the Srs were move ins this year or last?  Much talent left there?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas