• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2018 1A Boys State Championship Thread: Guy Perkins vs Izard Co SAT 7:45

Started by J.D., March 03, 2018, 09:06:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who wins?

Guy-Perkins
39 (49.4%)
Izard County Consolidated
40 (50.6%)

Total Members Voted: 79

hooperfromwestside

Quote from: Pigman on March 11, 2018, 05:30:26 pm
i was there, I am not a team fan of either but you could feel this was all build for Guy's coach. I listened to the radio and how does a team not shoot a free throw in the 4th. Both teams are really good, but I was sitting with other neutral fans and they where talking about it. Hate it for the kids, it was like the coach won it for them. But all do respect he was a great coach.
They did shoot free throws in the 4th?

super fan

What a GAME!!!  It's was like a heavy weight fight!!  Big blows by both teams. 12 full rounds.
ICC has two great players, just not enough. 25 and 42 had 17 and 19 at half. Second half they maybe had 8-10 between them. Why did they quit scoring?  Guy didn't seem to do anything different. The refs let them play. Only 8 total fouls in the first half and not many in the second until ICC had to. Congratulations to Guy. They were the best team. Congratulations to the legend and godfather coach Hutchcraft. Well done.

VietnamFlashbacks

Quote from: super fan on March 11, 2018, 08:59:29 pm
What a GAME!!!  It's was like a heavy weight fight!!  Big blows by both teams. 12 full rounds.
ICC has two great players, just not enough. 25 and 42 had 17 and 19 at half. Second half they maybe had 8-10 between them. Why did they quit scoring?  Guy didn't seem to do anything different. The refs let them play. Only 8 total fouls in the first half and not many in the second until ICC had to. Congratulations to Guy. They were the best team. Congratulations to the legend and godfather coach Hutchcraft. Well done.
Rest In Peace to Guy Perkins basketball program as well.

hooperfromwestside

Quote from: VietnamFlashbacks on March 11, 2018, 09:25:24 pm
There won't be another 1a school get as many titles as them for another 100 years.

VietnamFlashbacks

Quote from: hooperfromwestside on March 11, 2018, 09:57:48 pm
There won't be another 1a school get as many titles as them for another 100 years.
don't get lockjaw from Hutchcraft homie

VietnamFlashbacks

Quote from: hooperfromwestside on March 11, 2018, 10:34:44 pm
Is this a warning coming from your moms experience?
ohhhh come on benchriderfromwestside. You ain't gotta pull the Mom jokes on me

thebigman3

Quote from: VietnamFlashbacks on March 11, 2018, 09:25:24 pm
Yeah, they're losing a great coach, but doesn't mean you can count them out yet. I mean.. ya'll are forgetting... this Guy Perkins we are talking about.

Backboard Shattered

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: thebigman3 on March 12, 2018, 09:14:06 am
Yeah, they're losing a great coach, but doesn't mean you can count them out yet. I mean.. ya'll are forgetting... this Guy Perkins we are talking about.
Guy Perkins? If it was the school then your baseball team, track team etc would be good, it's Hutch

thebigman3

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on March 12, 2018, 09:27:17 am
Guy Perkins? If it was the school then your baseball team, track team etc would be good, it's Hutch
Track is good lol dang good, but ummm baseball.. yeah. They always never get to practice like the rest of the teams cause of basketball.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on March 12, 2018, 09:27:17 am

Girls basketball hasn't done so hot for the last ten years with hutch as the coach

VietnamFlashbacks

Quote from: HorseFeathers on March 12, 2018, 11:13:23 am
Girls basketball hasn't done so hot for the last ten years with hutch as the coach
that's cuz Hutch didn't have a family member on the team lol.

riccoar

Quote from: thebigman3 on March 12, 2018, 09:14:06 am
Unless Hutch makes one final recruiting push, Guy won't duplicate the last two seasons.

thebigman3

Quote from: riccoar on March 12, 2018, 11:40:46 am
Unless Hutch makes one final recruiting push, Guy won't duplicate the last two seasons.
We wasn't even suppose to make to Hot Springs this season remember?

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: thebigman3 on March 12, 2018, 01:09:50 pm
We wasn't even suppose to make to Hot Springs this season remember?
no one knew y'all got Mt Vernon's best player and a starter from Conway

thebigman3

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on March 12, 2018, 01:29:44 pm
no one knew y'all got Mt Vernon's best player and a starter from Conway
But ya'll knew we lost to Bay and still continued to say it.

StateChamps09

"Hutch and recutting" still kills me 😂😂 hutch STILL doesn't and hasn't recruited. Kids come wanting to play for him. He doesn't know a lot of kids names at the school, he dang sure doesn't know kids at other schools. Quit trying to take away from an amazing coach, amazing mentor, and amazing person. Congrats GOAT

Washup15

Backboard Shattered

Quote from: StateChamps09 on March 12, 2018, 05:30:42 pm
"Hutch and recutting" still kills me 😂😂 hutch STILL doesn't and hasn't recruited. Kids come wanting to play for him. He doesn't know a lot of kids names at the school, he dang sure doesn't know kids at other schools. Quit trying to take away from an amazing coach, amazing mentor, and amazing person. Congrats GOAT
I promise you he knows the really good kids names before they move over

super fan

thebigman3

hooperfromwestside

hooperfromwestside

StateChamps09

Hahahaha y'all kill me. I know the man personally. I can promise you, he doesn't go out seeking players. The kid from Conway that "moved in" his brothers been there since g or 6th grade. Why not move where you've got a better shot at being seen. Tipton left Guy because of personal reasons at MVE with their now "retired" (fired) coach. Soooo get stories straight, and then come blast someone on a site. Until then congrats John Hutchcraft. Phenomenal way to end a phenomenal career. Now on to the Guy 3 peat.

Backboard Shattered

Hutch ate a Bosses Big Sack in Regionals!  And congrats on being a legend

BigLion10

Quote from: Backboard Shattered on March 23, 2018, 04:34:55 pm
Hutch ate a Bosses Big Sack in Regionals!  And congrats on being a legend
Sure did we got proof haha. Look what it got him, a state ring!!

Backboard Shattered

I think in a way the inner circle and those 5 horsemen got a ring also

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas