• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1A State Tournament Final Four

Started by J.D., March 02, 2018, 10:00:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Backboard Shattered

D6Bound

Earle is in the state championship in 2A...I feel like Earle wasn't 100% healthy when they only won by 1

1Lurker

oldfireguy

Western Grove 51
Guy 39end of 3rd.

D6Bound

D6Bound

D6Bound

D6Bound

BigLion10

Knew Guy would win after me and backboard fed Hutch a Big Bosses Sack at the half. 83 crew works it's magic again

D6Bound

Western Grove played better than any team I've seen this week in the first half. Then they fell apart in the second. Looking forward to next season, they'll certainly be a legitimate contender. Returning all starters.

And congrats to Guy! The Godfather's legacy continues!!!!

BannerChaser95

Congratulations from this Kirby fan to MVE girls, Wonderview girls, ICC's Boys, and Guy Boys, safe travels and good luck next week. Sure was a nice run we had and I'd love to be playing next week but that's life and I'm sure we will be back sooner or later. I wanna give a special shout out to Carson and Gracen smith from Kirby. While they're not the only Sr, they've been by their dads side as long they could walk. From team camps with the Sr boys since they were in kindergarten. It's been a fun run they've had! Now to see them cheering their dad on from the stands will be a new experience for all, I'm sure it'll be just as exciting!! Thanks everyone for a great state tournament!!

BannerChaser95

Also thanks to Morrilton and Wonderview for a great state tournament and atmosphere!!!

oldfireguy

Quote from: D6Bound on March 03, 2018, 08:52:13 pm
Western Grove played better than any team I've seen this week in the first half. Then they fell apart in the second. Looking forward to next season, they'll certainly be a legitimate contender. Returning all starters.

The 2018-2020 Conference alignment has Western Grove moving into the 1A-2 with ICC, Norfork, Omaha and others. Should be an interesting and intense season, even before tournament time!

PercussionMan

Quote from: oldfireguy on March 03, 2018, 08:27:17 pm
Western Grove 51
Guy 39end of 3rd.

So, let me get this straight....Western Grove had a 12-point lead against Guy-Perkins at the end of the 3rd quarter and lost?! And, they only scored 7-points in the 4th quarter?! It's called "high school basketball....no shot clock....hold the ball....and run it out!!"

D6Bound

Quote from: oldfireguy on March 03, 2018, 09:17:10 pm
The 2018-2020 Conference alignment has Western Grove moving into the 1A-2 with ICC, Norfork, Omaha and others. Should be an interesting and intense season, even before tournament time!
the best two teams in 1A are more than likely sharing a conference together. Scary. That is if ICC and WG return everyone and they're healthy.

HorseFeathers

What a 4th qtr for the Thunderbirds...and
Quote from: PercussionMan on March 03, 2018, 09:25:00 pm
So, let me get this straight....Western Grove had a 12-point lead against Guy-Perkins at the end of the 3rd quarter and lost?! And, they only scored 7-points in the 4th quarter?! It's called "high school basketball....no shot clock....hold the ball....and run it out!!"
That's what they tried to do.....Tipton and Minton weren't gonna lose that game...and Western groves youth caught up to them

PercussionMan

Quote from: HorseFeathers on March 03, 2018, 09:42:51 pm
What a 4th qtr for the Thunderbirds...and That's what they tried to do.....Tipton and Minton weren't gonna lose that game...and Western groves youth caught up to them

Ah....I see. I knew I should have watched that game tonight....sounds like a great comeback.

thebigman3

was down 18 at one point.

Ponca

was thinking the same thing. how can you blow that big of lead in one quarter at this level?

hooperfromwestside

Quote from: Ponca on March 03, 2018, 10:28:20 pm
was thinking the same thing. how can you blow that big of lead in one quarter at this level?
You can blow a lead like that when you are playing a squad full of people who are not taking no for an answer

thebigman3

Quote from: Ponca on March 03, 2018, 10:28:20 pm
Was sitting beside a guy from Western Grove who told me "that was the best half of basketball those boys have played all year, it's not over yet" and I'm glad it wasn't. Western Grove gave Guy a run for their money. Had everyone in that gym doubting Guy. But Guy hung in there.

Hogs2018

Quote from: D6Bound on March 03, 2018, 08:05:45 pm
okay TheChosen2, you're in the wrong thread because like the other guy said Bay is in 2A, you won't have to worry about "trash" competition in that classification, You'll meet some REAL competition when you go against Earle every year.   :o

Have fun!
Its been an honor whooping you and ICC's tail the last 10+ years. Schedule a game with us next year so we can beat you again. Good luck with Guy and Coach Hutchcraft in his last game 😉 see you soon

D6Bound

March 03, 2018, 11:49:30 pm #122 Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 12:33:04 am by D6Bound
Quote from: Hogs2018 on March 03, 2018, 11:19:45 pm
Its been an honor whooping you and ICC's tail the last 10+ years. Schedule a game with us next year so we can beat you again. Good luck with Guy and Coach Hutchcraft in his last game 😉 see you soon
Stay living in the past and keep reliving your glorious high school days, because judging by those test scores from Bay, high school will be the furthest most of you go anyway! Next time I go through McDonalds in that area I'll make sure to tip you big on flipping those burgers for me 😘

Chicky

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on March 03, 2018, 09:04:21 pm
Also thanks to Morrilton and Wonderview for a great state tournament and atmosphere!!!
+1000)

GassvilleDragonfly

I'm not even a WG fan, but if you know anything about how basketball games are called in North/North Central Arkansas, you could say that WG got themselves handed a hose piece by way of the refs by how if I remember right Guy only had 3 fouls in the fourth quarter. Every one of Guy starters would've fouled out in the third if that game was in Harrison. That's only the third time I've ever seen Guy, and they just don't seem to care about giving any effort at all, but just so happen to win.

hooperfromwestside

Quote from: GassvilleDragonfly on March 04, 2018, 01:12:06 am
I'm not even a WG fan, but if you know anything about how basketball games are called in North/North Central Arkansas, you could say that WG got themselves handed a hose piece by way of the refs by how if I remember right Guy only had 3 fouls in the fourth quarter. Every one of Guy starters would've fouled out in the third if that game was in Harrison. That's only the third time I've ever seen Guy, and they just don't seem to care about giving any effort at all, but just so happen to win.
How does a team get to the state finals without giving effort? How do they come back from 18 down without giving effort? Eat your words now

GassvilleDragonfly

Quote from: hooperfromwestside on March 04, 2018, 01:20:01 am
How does a team get to the state finals without giving effort? How do they come back from 18 down without giving effort? Eat your words now
Ok, well for one that was just my personal opinion so there's no need for that hostility. I meant that they look like they were looking past their competition with how lackadaisical they play, in the case of tonight a very good WG team, and it looked like they didn't realize they were actually playing a really good team until midway through the third.

hooperfromwestside

Hostility was given because you were talkin bad about the team I'm bandwaggoning!!!! Haha my bad man

GassvilleDragonfly

Quote from: hooperfromwestside on March 04, 2018, 01:59:30 am
Hostility was given because you were talkin bad about the team I'm bandwaggoning!!!! Haha my bad man
No hard feelings.

Bigpoppa

Quote from: Hef on March 03, 2018, 01:48:00 pm
Yep. MVE is a good team but the bottom of the bracket was LOADED!!
Yeah....people on here had crowned Norfork as champs. Got beat by 20 in their only hard game of the playoffs. WV beat Bay by a few. Wonderview beat MVE 4 times, but most have been close games. I guess that's the reason we play the game instead of vote on it.

Catfish

girlsbbfanatic

Quote from: D6Bound on March 03, 2018, 11:12:14 am
if Norfork doesn't win tonight then they'll never win a state championship
poor Norfork

Eagle_Mom_2

Congrats to the finalists in boys and girls. Crazy to think that as ridiculously talented as Mt Vernon boys were this year, if their 3rd best player hadn't moved to Guy they would've had even more firepower.

hooperfromwestside

Quote from: Eagle_Mom_2 on March 04, 2018, 09:55:05 am
Congrats to the finalists in boys and girls. Crazy to think that as ridiculously talented as Mt Vernon boys were this year, if their 3rd best player hadn't moved to Guy they would've had even more firepower.
Once again, he was their go to guy the past few years. He was their best all around player. Idk how many times I've talked to other coaches who have said the same. I seen times where Rodgers would let him loose and he'd go for 20 in the fourth quarter.

SackAttack

Quote from: hooperfromwestside on March 04, 2018, 10:38:09 am
Once again, he was their go to guy the past few years. He was their best all around player. Idk how many times I've talked to other coaches who have said the same. I seen times where Rodgers would let him loose and he'd go for 20 in the fourth quarter.
Are we talking about Martin kid here?? Love his level head and competitive unselfish spirit

hooperfromwestside

Quote from: SackAttack on March 04, 2018, 10:57:11 am
Are we talking about Martin kid here?? Love his level head and competitive unselfish spirit
He's a good player

Rallyround

March 04, 2018, 01:30:00 pm #136 Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 01:53:26 pm by Rallyround

Flobbito

Quote from: Rallyround on March 04, 2018, 01:30:00 pm
He also started at Conway in 8th grade, before moving back and starting as a 9th grader on high school team....which started the Mt. Vernon feathers ruffling and bad mouthing of him!

Who are we talking about here?

Rallyround

March 04, 2018, 01:34:58 pm #138 Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 01:47:47 pm by Rallyround
+

Chicky

Quote from: GassvilleDragonfly on March 04, 2018, 01:12:06 am
officiating didn't cost wg that game, didnt even have an impact, slowing down to try and hold the ball in the 3rd quarter did.  Most folks I talked to couldn't understand why they slowed down.

Moonshiner

Quote from: Chicky on March 04, 2018, 04:37:31 pm
officiating didn't cost wg that game, didnt even have an impact, slowing down to try and hold the ball in the 3rd quarter did.  Most folks I talked to couldn't understand why they slowed down.

Good grief...what game were you watching....Hutch (third generation) was allowed to play football while he jogged his way back down the floor.  He got away with more contact than Bill Cosby on a third date.  Western Grove was the better team.  Just got handed to them by the "Legend"

D6Bound

Quote from: Moonshiner on March 04, 2018, 05:24:58 pm
Good grief...what game were you watching....Hutch (third generation) was allowed to play football while he jogged his way back down the floor.  He got away with more contact than Bill Cosby on a third date.  Western Grove was the better team.  Just got handed to them by the "Legend"
YoUr'E sAyInG wEsTeRn GrOvE iS bEtTeR tHaN a TeAm WiTh D1 CaLiBeR pLaYeRs?!

Moonshiner

Quote from: D6Bound on March 04, 2018, 06:10:37 pm
YoUr'E sAyInG wEsTeRn GrOvE iS bEtTeR tHaN a TeAm WiTh D1 CaLiBeR pLaYeRs?!

There aren't D1 caliber players on either team.  I'm saying GP got away with the same stuff Western Grove got by with the night before.  Except worse. The officiating 'this week, with the exception of a couple games, was atrocious. 
Guys big man got away with a ton of fouls.  He couldn't guard a trash can without harassing it.

hooperfromwestside

Quote from: Moonshiner on March 04, 2018, 06:44:34 pm
There aren't D1 caliber players on either team.  I'm saying GP got away with the same stuff Western Grove got by with the night before.  Except worse. The officiating 'this week, with the exception of a couple games, was atrocious. 
Guys big man got away with a ton of fouls.  He couldn't guard a trash can without harassing it.
MORAL OF THE STORY ON THIS THREAD. FELLOW POSTERS MAD BECUASE GUY-PERKINS IS IN THE STATE FINALS ONCE AGAIN, WHILE THE TEAMS YALL WANTED TO BE THERE ARE AT THE HOUSE MAKING GAMEPLANS FOR BASEBALL

HorseFeathers

I wanted gp to make it.... But there aren't any D1 players there and the refs weren't that great... Just saying

D6Bound

Quote from: hooperfromwestside on March 04, 2018, 07:02:06 pm
MORAL OF THE STORY ON THIS THREAD. FELLOW POSTERS MAD BECUASE GUY-PERKINS IS IN THE STATE FINALS ONCE AGAIN, WHILE THE TEAMS YALL WANTED TO BE THERE ARE AT THE HOUSE MAKING GAMEPLANS FOR BASEBALL
the team I wanted made it actually...for the boys. Was really hoping the Norfork girls were gonna pull it off as well...but crap happens. If it makes you feel better I actually like Godfather Hutch. If it wasn't ICC they're playing I would actually be rooting for him

D6Bound

Im just bashing you for your ridiculous statements of them having 2 D1 talented players  :D

Moonshiner

Quote from: hooperfromwestside on March 04, 2018, 07:02:06 pm

Ummm....no.  Could care less who makes it. Just statiting what I saw.  Which is....Guy has compiled a better travel team than has Western Grove.  With that said, the outcome might've been different had Big H3 been sitting on the sideline.  He got away with several muggings.  WG shouldn't have gotten by Bay.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Moonshiner on March 04, 2018, 07:36:37 pm
Ummm....no.  Could care less who makes it. Just statiting what I saw.  Which is....Guy has compiled a better travel team than has Western Grove.  With that said, the outcome might've been different had Big H3 been sitting on the sideline.  He got away with several muggings.  WG shouldn't have gotten by Bay.

Hard to believe a team could repeat with 4 seniors...and 2 of them didn't go there last year isn't it?

doctor in the house

I was cheering for the Grove and I can't blame the loss to Guy on the refs...I also did not see any D1 players on the floor..
I also don't think Bay has a legit gripe, on the final play 2 different Bay players walked.. The refs just let the players determine the outcome and the horn went off to end the game with Western Grove ahead..
Western Grove has a player on campus that came in at break from Alpena who could help them next year.. I am not saying that they will be back to the final four but I will say that they have a good shot at making it..

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas