• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Boys state favorite

Started by BannerChaser95, February 24, 2018, 10:34:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Kingston
2 (3.6%)
Deer
1 (1.8%)
Western Grove
0 (0%)
Kirby
18 (32.7%)
Acorn
0 (0%)
County Line
1 (1.8%)
Scranton
0 (0%)
Bay
4 (7.3%)
Armorel
3 (5.5%)
Izard County
6 (10.9%)
Rector
2 (3.6%)
Strong
0 (0%)
Nevada
1 (1.8%)
Dermott
0 (0%)
Woodlawn
1 (1.8%)
Guy-Perkins
11 (20%)
Mount Vernon-Enola
4 (7.3%)
Maumelle Charter
0 (0%)
Wonderview
0 (0%)
Omaha
1 (1.8%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Voting closed: February 26, 2018, 10:34:11 pm

BannerChaser95

For a side game, after picking your poll. Put the matchup you see coming in the finals.

BannerChaser95

February 24, 2018, 10:37:37 pm #1 Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 10:48:40 pm by BannerChaser95

J.D.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: J.D. on February 24, 2018, 10:49:53 pm
Don't worry bud. I saw your picks lol
wasn't going to be the only one doing it and look like an idiot 😂

HorseFeathers

I'd post Mine....but obviously I'm terrible at this...

BannerChaser95

Quote from: HorseFeathers on February 24, 2018, 11:01:50 pm
I'd post Mine....but obviously I'm terrible at this...
deer and Omaha just destroyed you as a person huh..?😂

BannerMountainMan

I'd pick but I'm afraid they'll be on the same side lol

Moonshiner

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 24, 2018, 11:06:03 pm
deer and Omaha just destroyed you as a person huh..?😂

Don't forget county lines flop....and ICC flopping....🙄

J.D.

Quote from: HorseFeathers on February 25, 2018, 11:20:52 am
Don't forget county lines flop....and ICC flopping....🙄

Let's not forget about your three 2-South Conference Boys teams advancing to state.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: J.D. on February 25, 2018, 12:25:41 pm
Let's not forget about your three 2-South Conference Boys teams advancing to state.
I'm going to ask for his lotto numbers.. then I'll just be sure not to pick those numbers.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 25, 2018, 12:35:04 pm
I'm going to ask for his lotto numbers.. then I'll just be sure not to pick those numbers.

Keep in mind I have Kirby as the favorite to win state 😂😂

BannerChaser95

Quote from: HorseFeathers on February 25, 2018, 12:56:38 pm
Keep in mind I have Kirby as the favorite to win state 😂😂
... don't you put that hex on me Ricky Bobby...

Flobbito

super fan

BannerChaser95

HorseFeathers

gobblerfire

IMO, MVE boys will be a tough out for anyone. They have all the pieces to hang a banner. They started off hot last night but fell short in then end.

Backboard Shattered

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 25, 2018, 02:42:20 pm
MVE has to win its first game.
they both have to win a few games!  Guy wins it all because Hutch ate a Boss's Big Sack with an extra Sack in the Box

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Backboard Shattered on February 25, 2018, 06:29:06 pm
they both have to win a few games!  Guy wins it all because Hutch ate a Boss's Big Sack with an extra Sack in the Box

I was wondering if y'all noticed him out there

Backboard Shattered

Pretty sure Sack slung the meat that night!  I almost aced him to sign my sack

not so slim shady

In the finals I got Keith Brown and the referee crew from region 3. Gonna be a close one.

yesteryearman

I'll take Parkdale over McNeil in boys and Mt Pleasant over Wickes in girls........back in the "pre school choice" days........before "one and done"............

eamo8911

Quote from: yesteryearman on February 25, 2018, 08:56:09 pm
I'll take Parkdale over McNeil in boys and Mt Pleasant over Wickes in girls........back in the "pre school choice" days........before "one and done"............

. . . And Altheimer over Melbourne in 2A

thechampchamp

If Guy plays MVE in the state championship, that would be insane. That would be the game to watch in Hot Springs

Flobbito

Quote from: thechampchamp on February 26, 2018, 09:11:15 am
If Guy plays MVE in the state championship, that would be insane. That would be the game to watch in Hot Springs

Lot's of if's in that sentence, both teams have a lot of work to do before that could happen.

BannerMountainMan

I'm sorry but MVE won't be playing in the state finals, but I'll eat crow if they do and then I get to say Shirley beat the best!

yesteryearman

Quote from: thechampchamp on February 26, 2018, 09:11:15 am

Guy might make it to the finals.....but it just feels like it is Kirby's tournament.........

thechampchamp

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on February 26, 2018, 10:47:35 am
I'm sorry but MVE won't be playing in the state finals, but I'll eat crow if they do and then I get to say Shirley beat the best!
Shirley is terrible. They shouldnt have even been in the finals last year!

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: thechampchamp on February 28, 2018, 09:15:40 am
Shirley is terrible. They shouldnt have even been in the finals last year!
they beat yall last year during the year, must of been a horrible loss for you

D6Bound

Winner of Kirby and ICC will win the tournament fellas, that is unless ICC plays bad tonight and gets beat which is VERY likely to happen

eamo8911

Quote from: D6Bound on February 28, 2018, 10:11:51 am
Winner of Kirby and ICC will win the tournament fellas, that is unless ICC plays bad tonight and gets beat which is VERY likely to happen

Izard County has to get their first . . . they have a history with Nevada . . . 10 years ago . . . and the coach was on the winning team.

I do have to say though . . . wait, I don't want to jinx it.

D6Bound

Quote from: eamo8911 on February 28, 2018, 10:14:07 am
Izard County has to get their first . . . they have a history with Nevada . . . 10 years ago . . . and the coach was on the winning team.

I do have to say though . . . wait, I don't want to jinx it.
I know, and I'm completely aware and would not be surprised if they lose tonight. But like I said, Kirby and ICC will be the game of the tournament for the boys side if ICC takes care of business tonight.

yesteryearman

Quote from: D6Bound on February 28, 2018, 10:16:04 am
I know, and I'm completely aware and would not be surprised if they lose tonight. But like I said, Kirby and ICC will be the game of the tournament for the boys side if ICC takes care of business tonight.

I'm predicting that Kirby will win it all........the reason........from what I'm reading on these posts each team, except Kirby, has downsides.......granted Bay seems to be peaking at right time......still they don't have the talent Kirby has.......the others....Guy, IZZ....MVE...all have been up and down, and would have to string together 3 or 4 very good games to win it all........Kirby has been very very good every game, all year....no ups and downs.........just consistently very good......I don't look for them to have a "bad" night, such that they would be beatable.

super fan

Quote from: yesteryearman on February 28, 2018, 10:44:16 am
I'm predicting that Kirby will win it all........the reason........from what I'm reading on these posts each team, except Kirby, has downsides.......granted Bay seems to be peaking at right time......still they don't have the talent Kirby has.......the others....Guy, IZZ....MVE...all have been up and down, and would have to string together 3 or 4 very good games to win it all........Kirby has been very very good every game, all year....no ups and downs.........just consistently very good......I don't look for them to have a "bad" night, such that they would be beatable.
Kirby may very well win it all.... however... when was the last time a team from the south won it all?  They seem to always come in with great season records and then loose to a team from up north. I can't actually remember a team.

D6Bound

Quote from: super fan on February 28, 2018, 11:05:45 am
Kirby may very well win it all.... however... when was the last time a team from the south won it all?  They seem to always come in with great season records and then loose to a team from up north. I can't actually remember a team.
FACTS

D6Bound

*Old shaky male voice* THE SOUTH SHALL RISE AGAIN

super fan

super fan

Hey, I found one... McNeil in 2004.

eamo8911

Quote from: D6Bound on February 28, 2018, 10:16:04 am

Agreed!

eamo8911

Quote from: super fan on February 28, 2018, 11:05:45 am

One could say that region is a bit overdue.

yesteryearman

Quote from: super fan on February 28, 2018, 11:46:48 am
Hey, I found one... McNeil in 2004.

Yes McNeil in 2004 and Emerson in 2001....if we're going with the FACTS, how many "northern" champions were there between 1970 and 2001?       A grand total of 10......so I guess  "southern" teams have forgotten how to play the game.....or maybe the "southern" teams have just been forgotten.......

D6Bound

Quote from: yesteryearman on February 28, 2018, 04:41:54 pm
Yes McNeil in 2004 and Emerson in 2001....if we're going with the FACTS, how many "northern" champions were there between 1970 and 2001?       A grand total of 10......so I guess  "southern" teams have forgotten how to play the game.....or maybe the "southern" teams have just been forgotten.......
FACTS are that the north has dominated 1A the past decade and looks like they will continue to for the next few years AT LEAST. LIVE IN THE PRESENT NOT THE PAST YOU SOUTHERN SWINE

D6Bound

I know there's been great southern teams in the past so don't take this as if I'm saying the north is superior or anything, it's all jokes

Lujk246

This is turning into a Civil War

Moonshiner

The southern teams have vanished.  Consolidated with other schools. 

Allbouthemrings

Bay has a really good chance to win it this year!

eamo8911

I admit, after watching ICC tonight . . . They are young and a bit immature in their composure.  They panicked and got sloppy every time Nevada went on a run.  From what I've heard about Kirby, ICC can't do that and win.

dawgs

Kirby is leading in the poll but taking a bus ride home!!!

BannerMountainMan

My vote is still in and it's not Guy

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas