• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The 5A East for girls is the PERFECT example of why...

Started by croboostbusted, February 13, 2018, 01:26:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

croboostbusted

February 13, 2018, 01:26:28 pm Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 01:29:41 pm by croboostbusted
The 5/6 system is ridiculous and asinine.

Batesville is 18-5, Valley View is 12-13. Because of early season losses to teams who are in their conference but not their district Batesville will be moved into the 5A East and is going to get the 5th seed in the 5A-East Conference tournament. So that means Batesville and Nettleton will probably meet in the SEMI-FINALS of the conference tournament. Why does Nettleton, Paragould, GCT and VV  have to play Jonesboro for 5A seeding?

Yes, Batesville lost to VV twice, maybe that's a bad matchup for Batesville? One bad matchup shouldn't determine your seed in a conference tournament when you don't have the same opportunities for recovery after a loss as everyone else

woopork

MikeDieselâ„¢

The teams in the 5A/6A East seed are based on their games against the other 5A teams.  So, the games against Jonesboro, West Memphis, and Marion don't count towards seeding.  Batesville's seeding is determined by the coaches.  I know Batesville played 3 or 4 games against East opponents.  Losing to VV twice and Nettleton at least once.  So, I'm assuming that they will seed Batesville just behind Valley View in the seedings.

Batesville's boys will just be seeded as the 8th place team considering they were beat pretty handily by Paragould and Valley View.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas