• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

State final

Started by 501Arkansas, February 03, 2018, 10:46:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

501Arkansas

Who you guys would like to see in the state final and why?

JacketDad

Drew Central and Tuckerman

Radiotalker

Quote from: JacketDad on February 05, 2018, 02:54:57 pm
Drew Central and Tuckerman

that won't happen if they both win their regional.

Hitman Warrior23

I really Hate Lamars draw in State.  But we gotta get there first, 1st round of Regionals has a tendency to have allot of upsets. Greenland with their post Holiday move in, is a VERY SCARY draw right now they seem to be getting better every game!

RedWolf275

No doubt about it, that first round matchup for girls between region 1 and region3 will be interesting!

501Arkansas

I'll love to see Osceola vs Drew Central or Osceola vs Tuckerman

drybones

Valley vs Drew Central
Give Drew Central a chance at a rematch.

CTEPirateFan

Would love to see a Valley/Drew Central rematch even if it's not in the final. Drew Central vs. Harding/Tuckerman/Ocseola would be my choice.

birddawg1986

Quote from: 501Arkansas on February 05, 2018, 05:57:53 pm
I'll love to see Osceola vs Drew Central or Osceola vs Tuckerman
Osceola has the horses, Tuckerman does not

JacketDad

Quote from: birddawg1986 on February 06, 2018, 09:03:48 am
Good thing it is not a Horse Race!!

501Arkansas

CoolBreeze

A record of 28-3 with no losses to 3A competition looks pretty horsey to me.

501Arkansas

Quote from: CoolBreeze on February 06, 2018, 11:42:07 am
A record of 28-3 with no losses to 3A competition looks pretty horsey to me.
Noles haven't lost to a 3a school this year as well

RedWolf275

Tuckerman coach is worth at least a horse or two!

birddawg1986

Quote from: 501Arkansas on February 06, 2018, 10:30:35 am
Why you say that?
BO is the man no doubt. The games that he plays well in they are usually successful, but the games they have lost its BO and the other 4 standing around watching. They have had some nice wins vs 4A schools but their overall strength of schedule is in the 20s in 3A. Their best 3A wins are vs Corning, Harding Academy. This blended conference Tuckerman plays in might be the worse of the 3A-4A blend. I hope they do well and go a long way, but the road will be tough in a very competitive 3A state tournament. Hopefully, BO can put Tuckerman on his back and lead his team to Hot Springs.

Fatbackhawgballz

Birddawg you couldn't be more wrong. If you said that BO was the man last year you might be right. It couldn't be further from the truth this year. This is a very solid team that Bo isn't even the best player on this year. I think you will find that Tuckerman has plenty of horses. They might not win it because that's hard to do. I guarantee you that whoever they play win or lose will respect them when the game is over.

birddawg1986

Quote from: Fatbackhawgballz on February 06, 2018, 03:03:48 pm
Birddawg you couldn't be more wrong. If you said that BO was the man last year you might be right. It couldn't be further from the truth this year. This is a very solid team that Bo isn't even the best player on this year. I think you will find that Tuckerman has plenty of horses. They might not win it because that's hard to do. I guarantee you that whoever they play win or lose will respect them when the game is over.
That's good to know. I'm sure you have seen them play way more than me. I know last year that had a nice inside-outside combo. Wish them luck come tourney time.

Fatbackhawgballz

Nobody in 3A has what they've faced twice now in Southside. They split with them. Southside has 4 losses on the year. 5a Blytheville, 6A Marion, 7A Springdale Har Ber, and 3A Tuckerman. You're telling me you don't think they have the horses. Tuckerman has 3 losses. 4A Brookland 43-40 we missed a bunch of free throws, 4A Trumann 58-54 they shot lights out and we had problems with free throws again. Both of these in tournaments. And 4A Southside 49-45 it was a heavyweight fight just like the first game in which Tuckerman won. Southside has a kid that's 6'11 and he's a monster followed by a 6'6 kid that is a true stretch 4 and awesome guard play. This is the same conference that Tuckerman came from last year in which they went to the state finals after moving up from class 2A. All while Osceola set at home because they choked.

Fatbackhawgballz

We had everyone but one key player return this year. We also had one starter quit right before Christmas. Haven't skipped a beat though in fact I think once they figured out a rotation maybe are a little more athletic now.

birddawg1986

Quote from: Fatbackhawgballz on February 06, 2018, 03:25:40 pm
We had everyone but one key player return this year. We also had one starter quit right before Christmas. Haven't skipped a beat though in fact I think once they figured out a rotation maybe are a little more athletic now.
Yeah the big kid Tuckerman had last year was a dandy of a player.

Fatbackhawgballz

He was a good player. He forced some things though. This years group is a team from top to bottom

501Arkansas

Quote from: Fatbackhawgballz on February 06, 2018, 03:22:22 pm
Nobody in 3A has what they've faced twice now in Southside. They split with them. Southside has 4 losses on the year. 5a Blytheville, 6A Marion, 7A Springdale Har Ber, and 3A Tuckerman. You're telling me you don't think they have the horses. Tuckerman has 3 losses. 4A Brookland 43-40 we missed a bunch of free throws, 4A Trumann 58-54 they shot lights out and we had problems with free throws again. Both of these in tournaments. And 4A Southside 49-45 it was a heavyweight fight just like the first game in which Tuckerman won. Southside has a kid that's 6'11 and he's a monster followed by a 6'6 kid that is a true stretch 4 and awesome guard play. This is the same conference that Tuckerman came from last year in which they went to the state finals after moving up from class 2A. All while Osceola set at home because they choked.
Osceola chocked? Lol you guys lost to blytheville? Smh get out of here, he is right tuckerman doesn't have the horses

501Arkansas

Quote from: 501Arkansas on February 06, 2018, 04:16:48 pm
Osceola chocked? Lol you guys lost to blytheville? Smh get out of here, he is right tuckerman doesn't have the horses
Nevermind read that totally wrong

TTownfan

Tuckerman just let Bald Knob sneak up on them 48-47.  Missed too many easy buckets and free throws. Might be a good loss for them in the long run. We'll see.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Outoftownfan on February 06, 2018, 07:20:49 pm
Tuckerman just let Bald Knob sneak up on them 48-47.  Missed too many easy buckets and free throws. Might be a good loss for them in the long run. We'll see.
Might show them that they're not invincible against 3A competition. Can't get overconfident. They've certainly beat better teams.

biglion1985

Hey anybody can slip up this time of year I wouldn't call a 9 point victory against Harrisburg on senior night a good just like letting BIC slip up and beat us isn't good either and this isn't knocking any team just saying anything can happen this time of year

Fatbackhawgballz

Anyone can slip up this time of year. Bald Knob is a solid but not great team. They're the kind of team that can beat you if you let them hang around. Tuckerman didn't play their best game last night. I don't know if it was the emotion of it being the seniors  last game at Bly Story or hangover from the emotional loss to Southside last Friday. Congrats to Bald Knob! They earned the victory. This could've been a blessing in disguise also. A little eye opener before district and regionals start.

Hitman Warrior23

I said this earlier.  Can't rule out Ctown girls.  They have good guard play enough size enough slashers and a GREAT shooter.   Should matchup well with anyone!

Bbal789

CoolBreeze

Harding Academy vs. Tuckerman

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas