• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ADG Super 6

Started by JimmyChitwood, January 15, 2018, 11:58:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

JimmyChitwood

Boys:
1. Omaha 26-1
2. County Line 24-2
3. Guy-Perkins 22-5
4. Kirby 20-3
5. ICC 22-2
6. Concord 19-3

Girls:
1. Norfork 26-1
2. Wonderview 23-3
3. Bay 19-4
4. MVE 22-4
5. Acorn 19-3
6. Mammoth Spring 20-6

JimmyChitwood

I like the girls list but have some problems with the boys. There is no way Omaha should be 1 their schedule has been weak with a weak district. Guy has lost a couple games they wouldn't have because Hutch was basically resting Spires. They are my 1 as much as I hate to say that. County Line will have to prove it to me that they are worthy of the 2 spot when state comes around. ICC has the best player in 1A by far in Cooper.

SackAttack

Quote from: JimmyChitwood on January 15, 2018, 12:02:44 pm
I like the girls list but have some problems with the boys. There is no way Omaha should be 1 their schedule has been weak with a weak district. Guy has lost a couple games they wouldn't have because Hutch was basically resting Spires. They are my 1 as much as I hate to say that. County Line will have to prove it to me that they are worthy of the 2 spot when state comes around. ICC has the best player in 1A by far in Cooper.
On the boys side----- here comes Moonshiner,Majorpain,and no mascot to Omahas rescue in 3-2-1 Pop goes the weasel

no mascot

Omaha needs to be rescued from jimmy chitwood? Lol

The team that deserves mention is Jasper's girls. They've beaten Bay and Mammoth Spring handily. Their only knock is losing to Norfork once a month this season.

BannerMountainMan

Concord could legit make a run at things in boys, they can spread the floor, not much height but they can beat about anybody on any given night

JimmyChitwood

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on January 15, 2018, 06:09:09 pm
Concord could legit make a run at things in boys, they can spread the floor, not much height but they can beat about anybody on any given night
If Brock is on his game, they will be tough to beat.

Moonshiner

Quote from: SackAttack on January 15, 2018, 05:16:20 pm
On the boys side----- here comes Moonshiner,Majorpain,and no mascot to Omahas rescue in 3-2-1 Pop goes the weasel

They can come to their own rescue.  The fact remains though that The Attacker of Sacks is a first ballot, Hall of Fame tool.

JimmyChitwood

Quote from: Moonshiner on January 15, 2018, 06:58:08 pm
They can come to their own rescue.  The fact remains though that The Attacker of Sacks is a first ballot, Hall of Fame tool.
We are officially friends now. ;D

SackAttack

Quote from: JimmyChitwood on January 15, 2018, 07:32:38 pm
We are officially friends now. ;D
Not surprised that you guys would take up arms. You and Shiner of Moons think a lot alike if you know what I mean. Your basketball knowledge is on a very similar level!

ballmember

On boys side, I think it will be Guys tournament to lose.   Provided they have their team healthy.   After them could be a tossup between 6 or 7 teams.     

gamechanger11

After having seen Guy play I do believe they are ranked to high. 6 is the highest they should be concord and Icc should be higher.

JimmyChitwood

Quote from: gamechanger11 on January 15, 2018, 08:08:30 pm
After having seen Guy play I do believe they are ranked to high. 6 is the highest they should be concord and Icc should be higher.
Guy has a good balance of guards and forwards with a dominating post player in Spires and a great guard in Minton.

Moonshiner

Quote from: SackAttack on January 15, 2018, 07:57:05 pm
Not surprised that you guys would take up arms. You and Shiner of Moons think a lot alike if you know what I mean. Your basketball knowledge is on a very similar level!

How are we supposed to take you seriously when you brag about your boss and his big sack or whatever it is you motards keep going on about.  Either be the basketball genius you claim to be, or be a clown that brags about himself.  The noise just gives me a headache.

JimmyChitwood

Quote from: Moonshiner on January 15, 2018, 09:04:29 pm
How are we supposed to take you seriously when you brag about your boss and his big sack or whatever it is you motards keep going on about.  Either be the basketball genius you claim to be, or be a clown that brags about himself.  The noise just gives me a headache.
The problem is he doesn't have any basketball knowledge!

SackAttack

Quote from: Moonshiner on January 15, 2018, 09:04:29 pm
You must be talking about that Sweeping thread! The one that no one reads right? its been approved for comedy relief I believe! Read on Read on! The other threads are for opinions and discussion as I understand it.

SackAttack

Quote from: JimmyChitwood on January 15, 2018, 09:17:57 pm
The problem is he doesn't have any basketball knowledge!
What ever you guys choose to believe lol

Moonshiner

Quote from: SackAttack on January 15, 2018, 09:18:48 pm
You must be talking about that Sweeping thread! The one that no one reads right? its been approved for comedy relief I believe! Read on Read on! The other threads are for opinions and discussion as I understand it.

You kill any possible chance of actual discussion.  Not always, but more often than not.

JimmyChitwood

I will admit the sweeping thread is so complicated it is hard to read. I guess at the least Sack is creative.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: JimmyChitwood on January 15, 2018, 09:41:02 pm
I will admit the sweeping thread is so complicated it is hard to read. I guess at the least Sack is creative.
its confusing because they accidentally log in on the wrong account half the time and say each other's line

JimmyChitwood

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on January 15, 2018, 09:47:53 pm
its confusing because they accidentally log in on the wrong account half the time and say each other's line
Could shattered and sack be one and the same??

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on January 15, 2018, 09:47:53 pm
Banner is right. I think it's very possible Jimmy and peepee Creek are same person, along with majorpain and moonshiner. These people always comment back to back and always agree with each other. Interesting.

JimmyChitwood

Quote from: Eagle_Mom_2 on January 15, 2018, 10:08:09 pm
Banner is right. I think it's very possible Jimmy and peepee Creek are same person, along with majorpain and moonshiner. These people always comment back to back and always agree with each other. Interesting.
Well the fact is that Pee Dee and myself are very close friends. We are not however, the same person. We have many similarities and we comment on the same threads because we root for the same teams.

thebigman3

Omaha is good. CL is good. However. When Strength of schedule comes to play, I believe Guy is 2 and ICC. Biased. I know. But neither team has beaten anybody of any caliber really. If I'm wrong correct me.

Moonshiner

I have enough trouble being me.  I can promise you, I'm not any other poster. Nor do I know any other poster.  With the exception of one of the mods.  At least I think he's still a mod. Sure seems to be a lot of characters in the Greers Ferry area.  And I really doubt that most of you are even from there.  The class A board seems more like a cartoon than actual discussion. 

Backboard Shattered

Quote from: thebigman3 on January 16, 2018, 12:08:56 am
Omaha is good. CL is good. However. When Strength of schedule comes to play, I believe Guy is 2 and ICC. Biased. I know. But neither team has beaten anybody of any caliber really. If I'm wrong correct me.
Guy has 5 losses but I think that's with a starter being suspended I'm sure before tournament time he will be reinstated!  Just a Hutch uh I mean hunch.  Who is the 5 losses too must have been higher seeded schools.

JimmyChitwood

It feels weird to find myself arguing for Guy but I truly believe they have a really good shot at a back-to-back title. 3 of their losses came with 2 of their starters out not to mention the suspended starter. With a healthy team they will be tough to beat. Now am I saying that CL, ICC, and Peyton Mannings audible can't beat them? No! Those teams definetly could win as well because there are no dominating teams this year like the '86 Celtics or the '83 crew. All this being said, Guy is still my favorite and will be unless some drastic injuries occur.

Backboard Shattered

I usually think you are really stupid Chittywood but you throw 83 Crew and 86 Celtics both Green and White I might add into the same sentence you are a friend of mine.  Guy should win every year with the amount of move ins they get. Ask anyone that has been around that program and almost all of them will say there should be an assterask by there ships!  CL I think this year wins it all we have all made fun of them for years for being a top dog and they win 1 or 2 in state.  I'm calling it now CL with the power of "You don't know who I am?" as a backer wins it all!  Joe Buck from GFWS and gonna make the extensionificated championship.  Thanks for coming out!   

thebigman3

Quote from: JimmyChitwood on January 16, 2018, 07:12:08 am
It feels weird to find myself arguing for Guy but I truly believe they have a really good shot at a back-to-back title. 3 of their losses came with 2 of their starters out not to mention the suspended starter. With a healthy team they will be tough to beat. Now am I saying that CL, ICC, and Peyton Mannings audible can't beat them? No! Those teams definetly could win as well because there are no dominating teams this year like the '86 Celtics or the '83 crew. All this being said, Guy is still my favorite and will be unless some drastic injuries occur.
I agree with everything besides 83 crew being dominate.

thebigman3

Quote from: Moonshiner on January 16, 2018, 12:28:04 am
I have enough trouble being me.  I can promise you, I'm not any other poster. Nor do I know any other poster.  With the exception of one of the mods.  At least I think he's still a mod. Sure seems to be a lot of characters in the Greers Ferry area.  And I really doubt that most of you are even from there.  The class A board seems more like a cartoon than actual discussion.
The class A board is a cartoon. No one talks about basketball anymore. Mainly to do with the crazy GFWS people who can't talk about basketball cause GFWS has nothing and hasn't had anything for years.

Backboard Shattered

Quote from: thebigman3 on January 16, 2018, 08:52:24 am
I agree with everything besides 83 crew being dominate.
Almost won state overall?!  Not dominate?  Guys team last year couldn't of beat 2A champs.  What year was you born in bigboy3

JimmyChitwood

I'm telling yall, basketball in the 80's was the best it has ever been. High School, NCAA, and NBA. And the Hick from Fench Lick played. That says enough right there by itself. Nowadays, all the kids play on their iPads and Xbox when back then the kids played in the yard and shot hoops for funzies.

BannerMountainMan

thebigman3

Quote from: Backboard Shattered on January 16, 2018, 09:37:11 am
Almost won state overall?!  Not dominate?  Guys team last year couldn't of beat 2A champs.  What year was you born in bigboy3
Almost only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.

Backboard Shattered

Guy would of lost by 40 to 2A last year!  Anyways the 80s were the best no queistion

Backboard Shattered

Quote from: thebigman3 on January 16, 2018, 09:55:47 am
And Darts and yard darts and corn hole and washers and Slapasack

Backboard Shattered

Quote from: thebigman3 on January 16, 2018, 09:55:47 am
You can also get close on Jam it in the Hole per Bigmama3 told me!  I won 95-83 absolutily shotout

thebigman3

Quote from: Backboard Shattered on January 16, 2018, 09:58:02 am
Guy would of lost by 40 to 2A last year!  Anyways the 80s were the best no queistion
Don't agree with this, cause even the commentators of our game were saying we could've competed with baptist prep if you remember correctly. But either way, we didn't have to play 2a to put that ring on our finger.

SackAttack

Omaha boys and Norfork girls wins it all just like Shirley boys and Wonderview girls did last year! They both play great defense and are simply unstoppable on the offensive end. Multiple college athletes and they are very well coached to boot. late game heroics from their stars have pulled out some very narrow exciting victories. Theyve beat all the weaker teams with ease running up a nice comfortable margin of victory over said patsies that have the pollsters drolling! Ive been challenged to talk a little true basketball from some people on here so Im going to prove to you all that I can. Its tough being so well rounded and creative as Jimmy said but there are few who can. Does this satisfy everyone?? Which area of basketball science would you like to address. Press offense? 2-2-1 press? Pack line defense? Motion offense? Zone continuity principles? Inbounds plays? Im game come on!!!

JimmyChitwood

I didn't say you were well rounded. I said somewhat creative. That was as far as I would go.

Moonshiner

Quote from: SackAttack on January 16, 2018, 10:39:26 am
Omaha boys and Norfork girls wins it all just like Shirley boys and Wonderview girls did last year! They both play great defense and are simply unstoppable on the offensive end. Multiple college athletes and they are very well coached to boot. late game heroics from their stars have pulled out some very narrow exciting victories. Theyve beat all the weaker teams with ease running up a nice comfortable margin of victory over said patsies that have the pollsters drolling! Ive been challenged to talk a little true basketball from some people on here so Im going to prove to you all that I can. Its tough being so well rounded and creative as Jimmy said but there are few who can. Does this satisfy everyone?? Which area of basketball science would you like to address. Press offense? 2-2-1 press? Pack line defense? Motion offense? Zone continuity principles? Inbounds plays? Im game come on!!!

Like you've seen either of them play?  Come on dude. 

PeedeecreekBoy99

Quote from: SackAttack on January 15, 2018, 09:18:48 pm
sack attack, you are a pain in my side, you are like a soar thumb something you just. have to deal with I guess. sometimes I regret getting back on fearless just because I have to see your ignorant self who is always bragging. oh well I guess thats my consequences for getting back on here

PeedeecreekBoy99

also momma eagle im sick and tired of hearing how me and the chit of all woods jimmy, and the man up on banner are the same person. just because banner Mtn is somewhat close to peedeecreek does not make us the same person. you just don't like the fact that there is more than 1 account that roasts gfws

JimmyChitwood

Quote from: Daddy eagle on January 16, 2018, 12:27:12 pm
your crazy. NCAA and NBA teams are far and away better then in the 80's barn none.
The players in the 80's stayed in school to at least their junior years. Larry Bird, MJ, Magic, Drexler, etc. They were much more experienced and skilled as juniors or seniors going into the NBA. Nowadays, we have more athletic ability and size but less skill and fundamentals. So no, the NBA and college are definetly worse today.

thebigman3

Quote from: JimmyChitwood on January 16, 2018, 12:49:56 pm
The players in the 80's stayed in school to at least their junior years. Larry Bird, MJ, Magic, Drexler, etc. They were much more experienced and skilled as juniors or seniors going into the NBA. Nowadays, we have more athletic ability and size but less skill and fundamentals. So no, the NBA and college are definetly worse today.
ehhh...As a whole the NBA and college is definitely better. Now, are all the all stars now better than the all stars back in the day? No, there were guys then who are better than guys now. For sure.

Backboard Shattered

Quote from: thebigman3 on January 16, 2018, 12:57:39 pm
ehhh...As a whole the NBA and college is definitely better. Now, are all the all stars now better than the all stars back in the day? No, there were guys then who are better than guys now. For sure.
NBA is so much worse!  You must be very young Bigboy3!  Did you watch NBA from the 70s 80s 90s and 2000s?

JimmyChitwood

Quote from: Backboard Shattered on January 16, 2018, 01:06:41 pm
NBA is so much worse!  You must be very young Bigboy3!  Did you watch NBA from the 70s 80s 90s and 2000s?
Me and you are now best buddies.

JimmyChitwood

People are prisoners of the moment. Whatever they see right in front of them is what they think is best.

BannerMountainMan

Their are more better players in the NBA now but it's way worse because they don't even try, no defense. Stupid

thebigman3

Quote from: Backboard Shattered on January 16, 2018, 01:06:41 pm
All Im saying is the NBA talent wise. As a whole. Is better. I agree with BannerMoutainMan the competitiveness doesn't go up till after the all star game.

JimmyChitwood

Did you ever see Larry or MJ or Magic "sit" a game?? MJ played a game with the flu! The Legend was in traction and came back to play every day for 2 seasons! The NBA is weak! Talent and athleticism don't make great teams. Heart, effort, smarts, grittiness along with fundamental skill make great teams.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas