• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5A preseason poll

Started by Hogman2018, January 10, 2018, 05:10:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogman2018

What is your preseason top 5 for next year in 5A football?

nomorewhining

Hogman2018

beach bum

STBruin

PA has way too much to replace and way too many ????'s to place them in the Top 10 Preseason poll

WTD

Added to a top 5 poll

1.   Pulaski Academy
2.   LR Christian
3.   Morrilton
4.   Texarkana
5.   Batesville

East
1.   Batesville
2.   Nettleton
3.   Wynne
4.   Blytheville
5.   Valley View
6.   Forrest City
7.   Greene County Tech
8.   Paragould

West
1.   Morrilton
2.   Harrison
3.   Alma
4.   Greenbrier
5.   Vilonia
6.   Clarksville
7.   Farmington
8.   Huntsville

Central
1.   Pulaski Academy
2.   LR Christian
3.   LR Parkview
4.   White Hall
5.   Maumelle
6.   Watson Chapel
7.   Beebe
8.   JA Fair

South
1.   Texarkana
2.   Camden Fairview
3.   LR McClellan
4.   Lakeside – HS
5.   Hot Springs
6.   Magnolia
7.   De Queen
8.   Hope

Blazer51

Quote from: WTD on January 12, 2018, 12:21:39 pm
Added to a top 5 poll

1.   Pulaski Academy
2.   LR Christian
3.   Morrilton
4.   Texarkana
5.   Batesville

East
1.   Batesville
2.   Nettleton
3.   Wynne
4.   Blytheville
5.   Valley View
6.   Forrest City
7.   Greene County Tech
8.   Paragould

West
1.   Morrilton
2.   Harrison
3.   Alma
4.   Greenbrier
5.   Vilonia
6.   Clarksville
7.   Farmington
8.   Huntsville

Central
1.   Pulaski Academy
2.   LR Christian
3.   LR Parkview
4.   White Hall
5.   Maumelle
6.   Watson Chapel
7.   Beebe
8.   JA Fair

South
1.   Texarkana
2.   Camden Fairview
3.   LR McClellan
4.   Lakeside – HS
5.   Hot Springs
6.   Magnolia
7.   De Queen
8.   Hope

Honest question, why is McClellan not in the central?

Overdahill

Quote from: STBruin on January 12, 2018, 11:47:29 am
PA has way too much to replace and way too many ????'s to place them in the Top 10 Preseason poll

I don't have any first hand knowledge like I used to but considering that KK has won at least 9 game every year since 2001 I think it may be safe to predict a top ten finish. ;)

How high depends on how quickly the new starters develop but historically they are well prepared from their Jr high and grade school reps. I remember fans hanging over the railing and crying at the spring game after the 2008 state championship team graduated and the ranks seemed to be depleted but that 2009 team with a lot of weaknesses still won 9 games and went to the semis

Hogman2018

Quote from: Blazer51 on January 12, 2018, 01:44:55 pm

LRM is closer to us us teams in the south than the PB teams! Im from Texarkana and it is 140 to LR and 160 to PB!!

STBruin

Quote from: Overdahill on January 12, 2018, 02:41:54 pm
I don't have any first hand knowledge like I used to but considering that KK has won at least 9 game every year since 2001 I think it may be safe to predict a top ten finish. ;)

How high depends on how quickly the new starters develop but historically they are well prepared from their Jr high and grade school reps. I remember fans hanging over the railing and crying at the spring game after the 2008 state championship team graduated and the ranks seemed to be depleted but that 2009 team with a lot of weaknesses still won 9 games and went to the semis

Offense--that broke several state and national records
QB- 3 year starter- led the nation in passing yards
Losing 3 of the starting WRs with 2 being #1, #2 in the state  in 5A- close to 3000 receiving yards and 40 TDs
3 OL- 2 are going D1

Defense
Losing all 4 starting LBs
Losing 2 of 3 DL
Losing 1 DB

Just my opinion...going to be tough for PA next year, I see them being #3 in the Central.

PA Dad

1.  PA - I'm not at all sure PA is the best, but they deserve to be No. 1 until a 5A team beats them.

2.  Morrilton- my favorite to win it all.

3.  Texarkana- I look for a good year from them.

4.  LRCA - they return a lot of talent.

5.  Batesville-  Wynne loses a lot, so I expect Batesville to be best in the East.

FridayNightFans

A couple of thoughts on these rankings and LRCA:

-  I agree with some others on here regarding PA.  Until someone beats them, they should be/stay #1

-  All high schools get hit by and have to deal with graduation.  LRCA loses three all-State players on offense (RB/QB/WR), that's a ton of production that must be replaced.

-  LRCA defense.  The defense that played a key role in beating McClellan - then the Warriors can be a top 5 team.  The defense on the field against PA/Wynne?  That team will struggle to make top ten.

1.   Pulaski Academy
2.   LR Christian
3.   Morrilton
4.   Texarkana
5.   Batesville

the voice

With what the devil dogs have back and what they're adding ,,, pa dad I agree ,, I gotta feel really good about their chances. Jacoby put on a show at the combine ,, he will only be a jr. He will "Criswell " some opposition this fall.

Hoghead2

I'm on the Texarkana bandwagon. They're going to be a problem. Barry Norton can coach !!!!

tmycjy

Quote from: Blazer51 on January 12, 2018, 01:44:55 pm

i'll tell u why what they do in the coffrent thing it by location unless there more team so if there town like pine bluff who have White hall and Watson chapel they go by location so if two school are closer to little rock then one that might be in little rock get the short end of the stick so for the grand thing one team getting the short end of the stick is instead of two teams

tmycjy

Here my poll for now

East
1. Batesville
2. Wynne
3. Nettleton
4. Blytheville or valley view
5. Blytheville or valley view
6. Forrest city
7. Paragould
8. Green county tech

South
1. Texarkana
2. LR McClellan
3. Camden
4. HS Lakeside
5. Magnolia
6. DeQueen
7 Hot springs
8 . Hope

West
1 . Morrilton
2. Alma
3. Harrison
4. Greenbrier
5. Vilonia
6. Farmington
7. Huntsville
8. Clarksville

Central

1. PA
2. LR Christian
3. Watson Chapel
4. LR Parkview
5. White Hall
6. Maumelle
7. Beebe
8. LR Fair

JessieP

March 04, 2018, 08:03:11 pm #16 Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 11:00:20 pm by JessieP
Judging by tmycjy's past record I like this list. The man knows his stuff. Wynne loses a ton but they always have talent and the coach has an impressive track record so I doubt they fall too far off the pace. They will probably have a down year but realize, he's just putting his players on place. I look for them to be right back in the chase in 2019. PA is PA, I don't care how much they lose, until they get beat they have earned the top spot. Batesville will go from a tiny O-Line last year to a massive one this year, they had some giants on the sidelines, a dream come true for King's "Run it down their throat" offense. A lot of people are looking at Morrilton to make noise and Texarkana is new to the party, they made a lot of noise in the 6A. Nettleton finally got over the hump last year but old man graduation was not kind to them.  From what I hear LRCA lost the vast majority of their offensive production. It's way too early but here's my Top 5.

1) PA
2) Morrilton
3) Texarkana
4) Alma
5) Batesville

makessense

1a.  Texarkana - Not sure they are the best but they are the unknown.

2b.  Morrilton- Likely match up with Texarkana in Little Rock in early December

3.  PA - Wins the central but loses in the semis - 2 regular season losses for the first time since the senior class was born.

4.  LRCA - return a lot but someone whispers "PA" and the defense pulls a collective hammy

5.  Batesville- 

Overdahill

Since it is March, I'm going with a former 6A domination theme. It has to happen one of these decades!

1. Texarkana
2. Alma
3. Watson Chapel

PS I'll do my real picks closer to the season  ;)

AHS06

Quote from: Overdahill on March 06, 2018, 11:47:14 am
Since it is March, I'm going with a former 6A domination theme. It has to happen one of these decades!

1. Texarkana
2. Alma
3. Watson Chapel

PS I'll do my real picks closer to the season  ;)
I see where you are going with this but it would hold more weight if some/one of the other 5A teams dethroned PA.

Mancho Hogo

This is done blindly

1. Morrilton
2. PA
3. LRMC
4. Watson Chapel
5. Nettleton

redsport27

1. PA
2. Morrilton
3. Batesville
4. Texarkana
5. McClellan

I think Texarkana will make some noise but there are really good teams that will have something to say about their 5a presence.

Mulerider4Life

I think Texarkana struggles this season. They just don't have the players.

Hogman2018

Quote from: Mulerider4Life on March 26, 2018, 10:47:02 am
This is the funniest thing I heard in a long time!! But everyone gets to have an opinion

AHS06

Stupidity

Hoghead2

Arkansas High will  be in the 5A playoffs.

Mulerider4Life

Making the playoffs won't be hard for them. I just don't see them going far.

AHS06

Quote from: Mulerider4Life on April 02, 2018, 07:34:25 am
If they do not go far that means they simply underachieved. 

zebrafan

😂😂😂

Hoghead2

Quote from: Mulerider4Life on April 02, 2018, 07:34:25 am
They'll make it past the 2nd round. Texarkana will be in the semi-finals. Barry Norton can coach and he will have success in 5A.

the voice

Just heard morriltons jr to be qb got another D1 offer , this one from Memphis.  ASU offered earlier. 

Mulerider4Life

Quote from: the voice on April 07, 2018, 04:52:33 am
Just heard morriltons jr to be qb got another D1 offer , this one from Memphis.  ASU offered earlier.

Should be fun to watch.

the voice

Think he wants to play on the hill like his brother

DEVIL DOG HOG

1  PA
2  Morrilton
3  Batesville
4  Harrison
5  LRCA

Texarkana, Wait and see. I have seen too many teams drop down that did not do as good as people thought they would.

AT

A few notes on Alma:

I've heard Coach L is getting most of the best athletes in the school to come out this year. Not sure if he convinced them or they decided to. This is good news.

Alma will return the whole O-Line, including Zac Henson who has received an offer from UCA. They will also return most of the d-line (I think all but one starter). The trenches aren't questions marks, just how will they improve.

The big question marks are how does the defense improve and QB. First year that Coach L does not have an heir apparent at QB. Really will be a battle. The defense wasn't where Coach Marsh or Coach L wanted it to be, and they are making some big shifts to put it back to what a typical Alma defense is.

The news of what athletes has me more optimistic of how we compete with Morrilton/Harrison and any other contender for the 5A West. I still think I would predict Alma to be 3rd.

Hogman2018

Quote from: DEVIL DOG HOG on May 04, 2018, 10:00:24 am
1  PA
2  Morrilton
3  Batesville
4  Harrison
5  LRCA

Texarkana, Wait and see. I have seen too many teams drop down that did not do as good as people thought they would.
Keep thinking that_ thats what we want! We are not Watson Chapel I think we are a little better than them when they came into 5A! Name me some more teams that has dropped down and didnt do any good?

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: Hogman2018 on May 10, 2018, 10:24:43 am
Keep thinking that_ thats what we want! We are not Watson Chapel I think we are a little better than them when they came into 5A! Name me some more teams that has dropped down and didnt do any good?
Jacksonville.

Hogman2018

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on May 14, 2018, 02:02:52 pm
Jacksonville.
They hadnt won in years! They were not expected to win! Not a good example

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Hogman2018 on May 14, 2018, 02:26:09 pm

AT

I would compare Alma's performance in 6A to Texarkana's for the years leading up to dropping back down to 5A.

Hogman2018

I guess everybody forgets that Texarkana won State in 06 and 07! In 2010 we made the state championship game!

AT

Quote from: Hogman2018 on May 14, 2018, 08:56:36 pm
I guess everybody forgets that Texarkana won State in 06 and 07! In 2010 we made the state championship game!

No doubt, but that's 11-12 years ago now and 8 years ago. I think everyone is saying that 6A schools who have had some success in 6A right before their move down hasn't guaranteed anything for success in 5A, which has turned out to be true, strangely.

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: Hogman2018 on May 14, 2018, 02:26:09 pm
Sorry, I just answered the question you posed on the board. Not the one in your head.

the voice

May 15, 2018, 05:45:59 am #43 Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 12:38:13 pm by the voice
I don't recall anyone saying Texarkana won't do good. A poster said wait and see.  The 5a has had PA in it for years. Do you think we are trembling because y'all are moving down ? I respect Texarkana and the players it has. I expect a solid team. I think often times when a team moves down they are the ones caught off guard.  Expecting to roll over teams, they get caught looking ahead .

Mulerider4Life

Quote from: the voice on May 15, 2018, 05:45:59 am
I don't recall anyone saying Texarkana won't do good. A poster said wait and see.  The 5a has had PA in it for years. Do you think we are trembling because y'all are moving down ? I respect Texarkana and the players it has. I expect a solid team. I think often times when a team moves down they are the ones caught off guard.  Expecting to roll over teams.

Exactly my point as well.

AHS06

Quote from: the voice on May 15, 2018, 05:45:59 am
I don't recall anyone saying Texarkana won't do good. A poster said wait and see.  The 5a has had PA in it for years. Do you think we are trembling because y'all are moving down ? I respect Texarkana and the players it has. I expect a solid team. I think often times when a team moves down they are the ones caught off guard.  Expecting to roll over teams.
I believe you are correct with the assumption that teams would be rolled over.  However, it appears most of the 5A is not aware that Texarkana is not your average team dropping down in classification.  This could be due to the geographical location and being a larger school.  We did suffer from poor coaching that has hurt our program in most recent years in the 6A but we are always respected due to tradition.  PA has owned the 5A conference and honestly everyone just fall in line.   

the voice

We wouldn't be as aware of the teams specific players and such. I think they will be respected and prepared for opponents. I'm glad it isn't greenwood, no disrespect to Texarkana.  The no respect thing works both ways also. It's a chip on your shoulder but likewise the 5a teams feel they should be respected as well. Sounds like it'll be a good season. I'm ready !! Go devil dogs

the voice

Quote from: the voice on April 07, 2018, 04:52:33 am
Add first power 5 offer NC State

AT

Quote from: the voice on May 18, 2018, 03:34:13 pm
Add first power 5 offer NC State

Eli Drinkwitz, Alma grad, probably has heard of this guy from Coach Lock. Good offer.

the voice

I want him to stay in state , it is a good offer tho.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas