• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Norfork-North Little Rock Girls

Started by loce1959, December 29, 2017, 05:03:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

loce1959

Does Norfork have a chance against the state #4 (maxpreps) Charging Wildcats?

loce1959

I think it's close but stamina and bench depth wins out in the end. NLR but not by a huge amount.

Bomberman

Quote from: loce1959 on December 29, 2017, 05:04:27 pm
I think it's close but stamina and bench depth wins out in the end. NLR but not by a huge amount.
How much is a huge amount?

Bomberman

PantherPride94

These girls are playing their hearts out.  Want to see them take down NLR!  Go Panthers!!

Bomberman

HorseFeathers

Bomberman

Quote from: HorseFeathers on December 29, 2017, 07:30:42 pm
Not a bad showing really
No not bad, They hung tough as they could for a while.

PantherPride94

Quote from: Bomberman on December 29, 2017, 07:47:41 pm
No not bad, They hung tough as they could for a while.

They were only down 4 at one point during the 3rd.  Then NLR hit a couple shots to get a little more separation and continued to widen the margin the rest of the way.  Norfork girls fought hard, but just couldn't overcome the talent and depth that NLR has.  Norfork girls are very talented in their own right and play team oriented, unselfish basketball.  They are going to do well the rest of the season.

Bigleague

Yeah they will get st joe soon and they can beat them 146 to 4.  That will help.  Go panthers

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Bigleague on December 30, 2017, 11:54:56 am
Yeah they will get st joe soon and they can beat them 146 to 4.  That will help.  Go panthers

St Joe girls aren't bad....don't expect them to beat Norfork, but they'll score more than 4

Bigleague

Bomberman

Quote from: Bigleague on December 30, 2017, 12:07:51 pm
Ok.   Hillcrest then.
Gotta give Hillcrest a little more credit than this. Lol.  They scored 41 on Norfork

Bomberman

Quote from: HorseFeathers on December 30, 2017, 12:04:04 pm
St Joe girls aren't bad....don't expect them to beat Norfork, but they'll score more than 4
Glad you didn't make a St. Joe vs. Alpena pick 'em.  Lol.  I would have took Alpena

Majorpain

Hillcrest isn't a bad team they have a few pretty good players. I think St Joe does the best they can . Their coach has to coach all of their teams boys and girls.

no mascot

They won the consolation bracket at Arvest. Idk exactly when but it wasn't long ago when Norfork did that. Coach Mckinney has his girls program on the rise.

Majorpain

I believe three years ago Norfork did. Good for them I'm all about them all improving 1 a basketball is fun and I want all the teams shining and showing it.

Backboard Shattered

Quote from: PantherPride94 on December 30, 2017, 11:43:52 am
They were only down 4 at one point during the 3rd.  Then NLR hit a couple shots to get a little more separation and continued to widen the margin the rest of the way.  Norfork girls fought hard, but just couldn't overcome the talent and depth that NLR has.  Norfork girls are very talented in their own right and play team oriented, unselfish basketball.  They are going to do well the rest of the season.
The score was actually tied early in the 1st!

Bears_94

Quote from: PantherPride94 on December 30, 2017, 11:43:52 am
I have watched Norfork four times.I guess I'm not seeing what you are with them being unselfish. The games I've watched their are two girls that are senior starters that rarely pass the ball off period. Instead of passing it to another open person they dribble into three people and miss a shot. The sad thing I saw over and over is the other girls were calling for the ball and they'd look at them and go on in and turn it over.They are a really good team but from what I see they are ball hogs. Two girls did really well on free throws and the other two missed half. Free throws win or lose a game . They won't make it to finals in state and it will be because they don't pass the ball. They seemed to have two girls that could shoot threes and another post player. Warms ups those girls looked good too but I never got to really form an opinion. I can see that they are good but they aren't playing as a team it's a two man show from what I've seen. If I was their coach I'd nip that before tournament time or they won't make it to state.

no mascot

January 01, 2018, 10:17:13 am #19 Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 10:31:18 am by no mascot
Is this a first post from a mammoth spring fan? That'd be ironic if so... One of those post players that doesn't get the ball scored 20 in the win over wonderview. They made 10 fts in a row to beat mountain home. 5 players average scoring over 8 points per game. Read the newspaper!

Bears_94

Quote from: no mascot on January 01, 2018, 10:17:13 am
Is this a first post from a mammoth spring fan? That'd be ironic if so... One of those post players that doesn't get the ball scored 20 in the win over wonderview. They made 10 fts in a row to beat mountain home. 5 players average scoring over 8 points per game. Read the newspaper.
Ok I didn't see the Wonderview game. I was simply stating I didn't get to see the other girls do anything in the games I watched besides ask for the ball and them ignore them and drive in and miss the shot. I didn't see the Mtn. Home game either the games I saw both seniors missed half their free throws just like when they played Wonderview in state. They are a good team but if I were them I'd be using everyone out there because they will get shut down. What is their paper over there? I'll start reading it .

Majorpain

Majorpain

I'm thinking you may be from Mammoth? Either way guess we will wait and see how good Norfork is but you will probably see them again January 16 th 😉

Bomberman

Norfork girls selfish? That is so far from the truth. I have been to a bunch of games watching this team play, they don't seem to care who is scoring or who is the leading scorer. There are 7 of them who could be the leading scorer on any given night.  If these two seniors were so selfish they would be scoring 30 a game each night. Now I have watched another team or two in the conference that has a player or two who don't pass and will still shoot when triple teamed but that is there problem I suppose.

BannerMountainMan

Neckred

Quote from: Bears_94 on January 01, 2018, 08:55:16 am
I have watched Norfork four times.I guess I'm not seeing what you are with them being unselfish. The games I've watched their are two girls that are senior starters that rarely pass the ball off period. Instead of passing it to another open person they dribble into three people and miss a shot. The sad thing I saw over and over is the other girls were calling for the ball and they'd look at them and go on in and turn it over.They are a really good team but from what I see they are ball hogs. Two girls did really well on free throws and the other two missed half. Free throws win or lose a game . They won't make it to finals in state and it will be because they don't pass the ball. They seemed to have two girls that could shoot threes and another post player. Warms ups those girls looked good too but I never got to really form an opinion. I can see that they are good but they aren't playing as a team it's a two man show from what I've seen. If I was their coach I'd nip that before tournament time or they won't make it to state.
So you are telling me a 1A team that is within 4 points of NLR in the 2nd half won't make it to state.  Get a life scrub

Neckred

Not to mention they beat defending state champ Watson Chapel.....

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas