• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Top Coaches/Sr High Programs/Jr High Programs in Northwest Ark

Started by basketballjones, December 16, 2017, 09:43:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

basketballjones

December 16, 2017, 09:43:29 pm Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 09:45:05 pm by basketballjones
Been a few years since my boys have graduated from WF and I watched a game recently. Looks like they are a little down now so that brings me to my question, who are some of the top small school programs/coaches now? WF used to be good at both Jr High/Sr High with Coach Ferrell

beach bum

I do know that right now that is kind of the norm 2A-5A in NWA right now it being a little down across the board for boys. I think on the boys side Shiloh seems to be the only really good team right now this season. Pea Ridge was really good obviously last year but aren't at that level now. Just seems that boys across the board does not have a state wide power right now at any level in the smaller classifications in NWA. Elkins is having a really good year, but I think a lot of it has to do with a weak schedule and they will tally a lot more losses down the stretch..... And btw Coach Ferrell seems to still be doing quite well still. I see him working out at the gym all the time when I am there.

prHOG13

Quote from: beach bum on December 16, 2017, 11:01:02 pm
I do know that right now that is kind of the norm 2A-5A in NWA right now it being a little down across the board for boys. I think on the boys side Shiloh seems to be the only really good team right now this season. Pea Ridge was really good obviously last year but aren't at that level now. Just seems that boys across the board does not have a state wide power right now at any level in the smaller classifications in NWA. Elkins is having a really good year, but I think a lot of it has to do with a weak schedule and they will tally a lot more losses down the stretch..... And btw Coach Ferrell seems to still be doing quite well still. I see him working out at the gym all the time when I am there.
Pea Ridge beat Shiloh last week. Pea Ridge is better than I thought they'd be this year after all they lost from last years runner up. I think they can challenge for the conference title again this year.

beach bum

Quote from: prHOG13 on December 19, 2017, 10:43:09 am
Pea Ridge beat Shiloh last week. Pea Ridge is better than I thought they'd be this year after all they lost from last years runner up. I think they can challenge for the conference title again this year.

I am starting to think Pea Ridge, Gravette, Shiloh, and Huntsville may be the teams to get to regionals out of the 1-4A. Elkins in the blended conference will start losing more games when they play the tougher part of the blended league in those teams like Shiloh and Pea Ridge. The Elks though may do good in their district and regional  in 3A postseason.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas