• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

McGehee at Rivercrest

Started by owl84, November 24, 2017, 10:03:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

owl84

What's the name of the restaurant?

DogCatcher

Quote from: Red Devil Dad on November 26, 2017, 06:20:53 pm
Don't let the Owls size fool ya, they are very physical and can hit.  Number 7 and 6 run hard and are fast.  Good luck Owls I will be rooting for you from Atkins.
#7 is a really good player. Even without the pick 6 he really hurt Newport.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: DogCatcher on November 27, 2017, 07:04:49 pm
#7 is a really good player. Even without the pick 6 he really hurt Newport.
With all the sophomores and juniors playing I think we can be even better next year but we will miss him for sure.

Coltfan2005

wilson cafe as far as I know.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: teh29 on November 27, 2017, 11:28:12 am
What is the breakdown of this colt team as far as classmen?  Like how many srs jrs etc are on this team?

There are about 12 seniors on the team. The Colts are losing quite a few linemen, the fullback, and kicker.

ISU7

Quote from: #54Owl on November 27, 2017, 03:09:46 pm
You're right. I don't say much, but it does seem like you and many others believe Rivercrest is the ONLY team that have bad games. Both teams are 11-2. I'm sure neither played their best in the two losses. Both teams loss early in the season to a higher class school and 3A school. I mean Rivercrest avg. 36pts a game and allows 15pts; McGehee avg. 42pts a game and allows 17pts. I just don't see a blowout by Rivercrest.
I never said Crest would blowout Mcgehee. The Owls are good or they wouldn't still be playing.

ISU7

Missco

November 28, 2017, 12:05:45 am #57 Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 12:31:36 am by Missco
Dang, didnt know it took 30 seconds. Lol. Pretty sure thats quicker than taking the Marie exit. The Wilson cafe has good food. The buttermilk pie is the bomb. It is worth it too eat there. For the quality of food it isnt that pricey. It has been featured in several magazines and even the Times and Post 

Gpaw72

Suggest stop off at West Memphis or Marion for eating spots. Just a better supply of choices to choose from. You will be 30 to 45 minutes from Wilson from there.Safe travels.

#54Owl

Quote from: CoolBreeze on November 27, 2017, 05:06:31 pm
I suspect the predictions are based on relative strengths of the two conferences. This year, the 6-3A dropped off dramatically after the top two teams. Not so with the 3-3A.

The only two conferences left are 6-3A and 3-3A. Looks to me like these are the stronger conferences this year. Plus, the first meeting of the two conferences during this year's playoff run was McGehee & Newport and I guess the "stronger" conference lost. The playoffs are different (which I know you understand), but McGehee has knocked off 5-3A, 4-3A, and a 3-3A school (who knocked off a 1 seed the week before). Both conferences started with 5 teams in the playoffs. Both conferences had 2 teams to lose in the 1st round and 1 team in the 2nd round. Now there are two from each conference remaining. I mean at a time when all schools are playing at their best, it's hard to say this will be a blowout of any sort.

#54Owl

Quote from: ISU7 on November 27, 2017, 11:26:54 pm
I never said Crest would blowout Mcgehee. The Owls are good or they wouldn't still be playing.

I know you did not say this, I'm saying a lot of people on the side of Rivercrest is stating a blowout.

Ghost of Colts52

The owls will lose Friday as long as rivercrest doesn't turn it over 4 times

dragondad

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Ghost of Colts52 on November 28, 2017, 08:39:17 am
The owls will lose Friday as long as rivercrest doesn’t turn it over 4 times
I think if you give us 3 we win.

#54Owl

We shall see...if we do, I hope the drive and the scenery is good.  8)

cuz

Quote from: #54Owl on November 28, 2017, 08:26:10 am
The only two conferences left are 6-3A and 3-3A. Looks to me like these are the stronger conferences this year. Plus, the first meeting of the two conferences during this year's playoff run was McGehee & Newport and I guess the "stronger" conference lost. The playoffs are different (which I know you understand), but McGehee has knocked off 5-3A, 4-3A, and a 3-3A school (who knocked off a 1 seed the week before). Both conferences started with 5 teams in the playoffs. Both conferences had 2 teams to lose in the 1st round and 1 team in the 2nd round. Now there are two from each conference remaining. I mean at a time when all schools are playing at their best, it's hard to say this will be a blowout of any sort.
A good observation +1

Nomad1324

McGehee needs to hold on the to the ball better than the Newport game. Watched some of the film of that one.

Rivercrest needs to control the LOS, they do that I'll take the Colts, in a close, physical game.

Oldhound56

If Newport could have finished a drive in the second quarter you would have Newport playing Rivercrest this week for a 2nd time.  Newport was the better team I think, but McGehee made a couple big plays and won the game.  Newport held their offense to only 6 points.  The Pick 6 at the end of the game was huge, but McGehee knew Newport had to throw the ball.  The kid made a great play on a pretty well thrown ball and put the game out of reach.  I think Newport would have beaten Atkins about the same way McGehee did last week. 

Rivercrest may not have played their best game against Newport, but the Hounds had a lot to do with that.  They executed very well early and hit the Colts in the mouth from the get go.  They had them guessing the whole first half what was coming offensively and the second half played conservative ball control including the last 8 minutes of the game when the Colts couldn't get the ball back. 

Sorry, just wish my Hounds were still playing.  I give props to both teams though and they are both very good.  It will be a battle, but I have to give the edge to the Colts and the Patch is an advantage itself.  I know the crowd will be great and hopefully we will see a Colts vs. Seminoles Final.  That would be awesome!  Congrats to all the teams left playing. 

#54Owl

Quote from: Nomad1324 on November 28, 2017, 10:24:40 am
McGehee needs to hold on the to the ball better than the Newport game. Watched some of the film of that one.

Rivercrest needs to control the LOS, they do that I'll take the Colts, in a close, physical game.

I agree. McGehee has to do a better job with ball security if they plan on beating a team like Rivercrest. Those mistakes could lead to a turnover every time.

Nomad1324

Quote from: #54Owl on November 28, 2017, 10:40:06 am
I agree. McGehee has to do a better job with ball security if they plan on beating a team like Rivercrest. Those mistakes could lead to a turnover every time.

You can see the athletes that McGehee has, their backfield is good and running an offense that can make it hard to pinpoint one person to stop. I thought Newport had a good gameplan, but a really poor job on punt return of making sure he kicks it, and the pick six made it look like a more dominant performance. The dominant units in that game were both defenses. I figure it'll look very similar this week. Defense that cracks first might be the loser.

It'll be a really good matchup Friday, wish I could make it to the Cotton Patch for it. Or to Junction City for that match up to be honest. Both figure to be outstanding match ups.

Coltfan2005

I think Mcgehee's offense had a bad game against Newport, just like Rivercrest did. The difference in the two games was rivercrest's defense. It never did adjust to Newport and Mcgehee's handled them all night. That said, Mcgehee will have to pass to beat the Colts. Colts win the line and once again the QB from Rivercrest keeps the defense looking...a situation exploited by the FB.

Smackover Fan

I want McGehee and Junction to play for the title for conference reasons, but Rivercrest will probably get away. I predict Rivercrest and JC at War Memorial. I'll probably be wrong though. Rivercrest by 15

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Oldhound56 on November 28, 2017, 10:38:45 am
If Newport could have finished a drive in the second quarter you would have Newport playing Rivercrest this week for a 2nd time.  Newport was the better team I think, but McGehee made a couple big plays and won the game.  Newport held their offense to only 6 points.  The Pick 6 at the end of the game was huge, but McGehee knew Newport had to throw the ball.  The kid made a great play on a pretty well thrown ball and put the game out of reach.  I think Newport would have beaten Atkins about the same way McGehee did last week. 

Rivercrest may not have played their best game against Newport, but the Hounds had a lot to do with that.  They executed very well early and hit the Colts in the mouth from the get go.  They had them guessing the whole first half what was coming offensively and the second half played conservative ball control including the last 8 minutes of the game when the Colts couldn't get the ball back. 

Sorry, just wish my Hounds were still playing.  I give props to both teams though and they are both very good.  It will be a battle, but I have to give the edge to the Colts and the Patch is an advantage itself.  I know the crowd will be great and hopefully we will see a Colts vs. Seminoles Final.  That would be awesome!  Congrats to all the teams left playing.
If the dog hadn't stopped to go potty, he would have caught the rabbit.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: CoolBreeze on November 28, 2017, 03:04:00 pm
If the dog hadn't stopped to go potty, he would have caught the rabbit.
Pretty sure if you used the word potty you have to say wabbit.

ISU7

Quote from: Oldman on November 28, 2017, 03:34:52 pm
Pretty sure if you used the word potty you have to say wabbit.
Yup a wascally wabbit🐰 lol

sprained ankle

Jimbo Morphis

Oldhound56

CoolBreeze,

I was giving a very honest opinion while still giving all the props to the teams that are left playing.  I guess there is always someone who thinks they need to make the sarcastic remark. 

Thanks for throwing it in for us on this one.  Couldn't have made it without you.  I think anyone that saw the game or has seen video would tell you Newport moved the ball better all night than McGehee did.  They really had one drive that was pretty short and scored on a pass that the Newport defender fell down on as the ball was being thrown. 

Like I said earlier though McGehee made plays to score and Newport didn't.  They might not have been the better team, but they were on that night and that is all that matters.  They are still playing and have a chance to go to the finals.  Again, I wish all the teams luck and hope there are no injuries. 

Newport as well as McGehee will be back and maybe get a chance to see each other again down the road.

Go Hounds!

mohawk pride

CoolBreeze

Quote from: #54Owl on November 28, 2017, 08:26:10 am
The fact that two teams from the 6-3A remain in the playoffs says little about the quality of the conference, top to bottom. Moreover, taking nothing away from McGehee, they likely belong there, but they had the easiest road to the semis, by far.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Oldhound56 on November 29, 2017, 08:28:31 am
CoolBreeze,

I was giving a very honest opinion while still giving all the props to the teams that are left playing.  I guess there is always someone who thinks they need to make the sarcastic remark. 

Thanks for throwing it in for us on this one.  Couldn't have made it without you.  I think anyone that saw the game or has seen video would tell you Newport moved the ball better all night than McGehee did.  They really had one drive that was pretty short and scored on a pass that the Newport defender fell down on as the ball was being thrown. 

Like I said earlier though McGehee made plays to score and Newport didn't.  They might not have been the better team, but they were on that night and that is all that matters.  They are still playing and have a chance to go to the finals.  Again, I wish all the teams luck and hope there are no injuries. 

Newport as well as McGehee will be back and maybe get a chance to see each other again down the road.

Go Hounds!
Old Hound,

No sarcasm intended. I was just attempting to point out, in a somewhat humorous way, the folly of playing "what if." Every team who lost a close game in the playoffs could do the same. For example, if Harding hadn't thrown that dangerous pass in the end zone that got intercepted or if they'd recovered any one of the the three fumbles on JC's last drive, they would have won. Or, if Clinton had scored their final touchdown a minute later, they likely would have defeated JC. But none of those things happened. Like Newport, Both HA and Clinton are at home while other teams continue on. I'm sure fans of other teams could point to similar turning points in the games that eliminated them. That's just life.

Ghost of Colts52

Rivercrest lost to Newport because they came out uninspired and flat. They had a terrible week of practice and really overlooked Newport. By the time they realized they were in a battle it was too late. I seriously doubt that happening in the semi finals at home for a chance at the state title and the last game ever in the historic cotton patch.

On film McGehee looks to be a solid opponent. They relate a lot to piggott as far as scheme. Think piggott with bigger backs and a smaller line. On defense it seem the owls are strongest at the ends and in the secondary. Rivercrest will be able to run at the middle of the defense with relative ease. The key to this game to me will be the McGehee defensive ends vs demilon and the read option. I think if McGehee can play the read option well they can keep it close for a half before the rivercrest offensive line begins to bully the much smaller McGehee line.

A quick question to McGehee fans. What is up with the ball security. It's like sometimes y'all just have a brain fart and drop it. That can not happen if the owls intend to win. I don't see the colts having much problem slowing down the McGehee offense.

ea cat

It's those slippery new balls.

Jimbo Morphis

We're scared of fireworks. All started during the playoffs and shooting fireworks before the game and every time something happened. Seriously I think we've been alo sloppy from being so amped up for the playoffs. Hard to act like you've been there before when you haven't. I'm hoping making the long trip gets our mind back on the game.

OB11

Quote from: Oldman on November 29, 2017, 01:17:38 pm
We're scared of fireworks. All started during the playoffs and shooting fireworks before the game and every time something happened. Seriously I think we've been alo sloppy from being so amped up for the playoffs. Hard to act like you've been there before when you haven't. I'm hoping making the long trip gets our mind back on the game.

I honestly didn't realize it had been so long since McGehee was this deep in the playoffs. I made the trip a few years back when Rivercrest played at McGehee. Glad the Owls are having to make the return trip this year. Stay safe on the road!

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: OB11 on November 29, 2017, 01:26:20 pm
I honestly didn't realize it had been so long since McGehee was this deep in the playoffs. I made the trip a few years back when Rivercrest played at McGehee. Glad the Owls are having to make the return trip this year. Stay safe on the road!
Thank you, my 13 year old and I are making the journey.

Ghost of Colts52

Quote from: Oldman on November 29, 2017, 01:39:16 pm
Thank you, my 13 year old and I are making the journey.

As far as food. You can get a Colt burger at the stadium. They are pretty good.

Lineman

Quote from: Ghost of Colts52 on November 29, 2017, 01:51:41 pm
I've heard that about horse meat.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Ghost of Colts52 on November 29, 2017, 01:51:41 pm
Thanks

adaptedtigerfan

I've been called horse meat a time or 3.   🤔

ea cat

I agree oldman, to much side show.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Lineman on November 29, 2017, 01:53:54 pm
I've heard that about horse meat.
I believe the hosses at the Cotton Patch will be on the hoof.

Coltfan2005

Wilson, AR. (September 7, 2017) - The Colts of Rivercrest High School are riding high with the excitement of a new football stadium being built next to the school, complete with a Velocity® Turf football field and an S200 epiQ Tracks® track system from Hellas Construction. The new stadium will be a part of the school complex off I-55 and West State Hwy 14, next to where they currently have a baseball and softball field. The school has been using an old stadium they call "the Cotton Patch" that is 6 miles away since 1969, when Rivercrest School District was formed.

Rivercrest School District Superintendent Sally Bennett said, "It's been something the community has wanted for a long time." Bennett is a 1976 graduate of Rivercrest High, where she was a cheerleader, her husband a football player, and she had her first teaching position. "What an exciting time it is to be a part of the district," she said. She has lived in the community all these years, just recently becoming the superintendent in July. "I just happen to be the fortunate one to bring the project forward," Bennett said. "The community has been the guiding force in getting this project completed."

She said, "This has been a long-term, accumulation of funds and saving to do this. The time was right, resources were finally available to build a project of this magnitude." Bennett said this will make it easier for the students to be involved in extracurricular activities and will help the transportation department. "This will bring all our services to one location," Bennett said.

"We had several different companies come to us with proposals, but overall we felt like Hellas could deliver the best product and was the most economical. It seems like a good company with a reputation for doing good quality work," she said.

Hellas President and CEO Reed J. Seaton said, "We are excited to partner with the Rivercrest School District and Tim Cowan with Athletic Surfaces Plus in building this stadium. It will be rewarding to see this community get the field they need and deserve."

The synthetic turf field will feature Hellas Velocity Turf the same turf the Jacksonville Jaguars selected for their new indoor practice facility at Daily's Place. "We are keeping the tradition strong, using the Colts logo in red and gray," Bennett said. The end zones will be red with white lettering. The red S200 epiQ Tracks® track system will feature a six-lane running track and field events area. Hellas will build the full stadium, complete with sidewalks, fencing, bleachers, lighting, a press box, and sound system.

Hellas Business Development Manager David Fisher said, "Hellas' reputation for building entire stadiums is growing across the country. It's a great benefit to the community and surrounding areas, having this new sports facility. The district will soon have a first-class destination for all their sports teams to call home."

Bennett said the news is spreading fast, once she mentioned it on the school's Twitter page, the news began to spread.

"Everybody knows," Bennett said. "We have become a Facebook sensation, with everyone talking about it around here."

#54Owl

Quote from: CoolBreeze on November 29, 2017, 11:40:16 am
The fact that two teams from the 6-3A remain in the playoffs says little about the quality of the conference, top to bottom. Moreover, taking nothing away from McGehee, they likely belong there, but they had the easiest road to the semis, by far.

I believe the best four teams from the best two conferences remain. This will be the toughest game for McGehee by far, but just like Rivercrest, McGehee has gotten better and they are playing with a purpose. Ball security for McGehee could be a problem and the deciding factor in this one.

ISU7

Quote from: #54Owl on November 29, 2017, 09:08:56 pm
Yeah why?
Relax fellows just his prediction.  The game is played on the field. Get some rest.😄

Coltfan2005

So, does Mcgehee have a station that carries their games?

bootlegger

i believe the defenses will be more important for the winner of this game instead of the offense,with that i say the colts 28 to 21.

Ghost of Colts52

Guess I'll go ahead and make my score prediction 28-6 colts.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: ISU7 on November 29, 2017, 09:22:04 pm
Relax fellows just his prediction.  The game is played on the field. Get some rest.😄
Cmon ISU you know I'm relaxed and just doing a little fishing.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas