• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Osceola @ Junction City

Started by 501Arkansas, November 24, 2017, 09:28:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GrindTime

Smackover Fan

Junction wins in a game that is WAY too close for their fans comfort. Osceola only loses because the game is in Junction City. Long trip to the Louisiana line.

mastermind10

Quote from: Smackover Fan on November 28, 2017, 02:04:08 pm
Junction wins in a game that is WAY too close for their fans comfort. Osceola only loses because the game is in Junction City. Long trip to the Louisiana line.

That is so profound.If JC wins, all fans will be happy.  Win or lose Osceola has a long trip.

Yellowjacket$$$

Seminole's win this one . Dragons won't escape 3 weeks in a row . Osceola will have a better defensive strategy. Than last weeks game

Coltfan2005

I realize JC posters don't care but I am trying very hard to find a reason to pick them. The obvious reason is their lopsided victory over Mcgehee. But after that the only two decent quality teams they played (excluding La. team) are a down Harding Academy and a suspect Clinton. This conf just plummets after the first two seeds. They are well coached but lately are making mistakes resulting in a large amount of penalties. They are as fast as Osceola, maybe faster. But Osceola's line is playing better than JC's. Osceola was but no longer seems to be a "one trick pony" team. JC is used to being in the playoffs, it has been awhile since Osceola got this far. Maybe the players nerves get to them. Just can't seem to get a read on this game, it could go either way...but I don't expect it to be a close one.

dragondad

YAWN.......You're right.....no one cares

amehr36

Osceola has nothing to do with whether JC wins or not. JC penalties will decide this.

501Arkansas

Osceola wins either way penalties or not

AMHER63

Only way J.C. wins Friday is if they cut down on penalties and play better special teams.  Special teams have been killer for J.C. lately, with the exception of the field goal they made against Harding. 

ISU7

Quote from: AMHER63 on November 28, 2017, 10:07:58 pm
Only way J.C. wins Friday is if they cut down on penalties and play better special teams.  Special teams have been killer for J.C. lately, with the exception of the field goal they made against Harding.
From what i seen on film Osceola special teams will burn JC if adjustments aren't made. Good luck too both teams..
Safe travels Seminoles.

cuz

November 28, 2017, 10:17:49 pm #110 Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 10:22:05 pm by cuz
Quote from: Coltfan2005 on November 28, 2017, 08:31:29 pm
I realize JC posters don't care but I am trying very hard to find a reason to pick them. The obvious reason is their lopsided victory over Mcgehee. But after that the only two decent quality teams they played (excluding La. team) are a down Harding Academy and a suspect Clinton. This conf just plummets after the first two seeds. They are well coached but lately are making mistakes resulting in a large amount of penalties. They are as fast as Osceola, maybe faster. But Osceola's line is playing better than JC's. Osceola was but no longer seems to be a "one trick pony" team. JC is used to being in the playoffs, it has been awhile since Osceola got this far. Maybe the players nerves get to them. Just can't seem to get a read on this game, it could go either way...but I don't expect it to be a close one.

I watched some film on Osceola and I do believe Junction is a faster team overall that's something to consider. Stats are another, look how many points and yards they've put up and imagine what it would of been without the penalties. They won every game, two, without their starting Qb and with a sophomore who had never started before. Tradition they have been winners a long time and a winning attitude goes a long way. Just look at the Clinton game JC was up 3 scores but Clinton fought back and got ahead, they weren't used to losing but neither was Jc....Junction City just doesn't quit. They're do to play some good football. They haven't and are still in the semifinals. They may not win but I wouldn't bet on it. Named as one of the greatest finish's of any championship Junction City/Bearden....

Coltfan2005

Quote from: cuz on November 28, 2017, 10:17:49 pm
I watched some film on Osceola and I do believe Junction is a faster team overall that's something to consider. Stats are another, look how many points and yards they've put up and imagine what it would of been without the penalties. They won every game, two, without their starting Qb and with a sophomore who had never started before. Tradition they have been winners a long time and a winning attitude goes a long way. Just look at the Clinton game JC was up 3 scores but Clinton fought back and got ahead, they weren't used to losing but neither was Jc....Junction City just doesn't quit. They're do to play some good football. They haven't and are still in the semifinals. They may not win but I wouldn't bet on it. Named as one of the greatest finish's of any championship Junction City/Bearden....

Not sure Clinton is a good example of a team not used to losing, but I get your point. No offense to JC but their stats are kind of exaggerated because of the teams they played. After Mcgehee it drops off...while Osceola only had  3 easy teams in conf. That doesn't make Osceola the better team so I am kind of ignoring any stats before the playoffs. That tradition you mentioned is a big factor in the kids minds. I know it's drilled into Colt players but until this year the Osceola players just have not had that belief in themselves. I'm leaning towards JC but the penalties make me pause.

cuz

That's a good reason t pause. Most of the season Junction made some serious and stupid penalties. Most were personal fouls, mouthing. The Coaches seemed to addressed that problem. I don't like to use this but a lot of one sided calling has taken place. Normally Junction can overcome that but it does become harder the further you go in the playoffs. It seems they let the teams play a little more in the semi's and the finals. No one not even the refs like to be remembered deciding the outcome of those games. Last as bleu said never bet on the outcome of a bunch of 17 year old kids....😅

ISU7

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on November 28, 2017, 11:00:43 pm
Not sure Clinton is a good example of a team not used to losing, but I get your point. No offense to JC but their stats are kind of exaggerated because of the teams they played. After Mcgehee it drops off...while Osceola only had  3 easy teams in conf. That doesn't make Osceola the better team so I am kind of ignoring any stats before the playoffs. That tradition you mentioned is a big factor in the kids minds. I know it's drilled into Colt players but until this year the Osceola players just have not had that belief in themselves. I'm leaning towards JC but the penalties make me pause.
Coach Hooks comes from a proven winner he will have his team ready and focused.

thabeast428

sprained ankle

Danold Dump

This one will be an awesome game...the Dump will have to go with the Noles in this one...they are hot right now.  Dump has spoken...dump out

mohawk pride

ea cat

Coltfan2005

Quote from: cuz on November 28, 2017, 11:17:12 pm
That's a good reason t pause. Most of the season Junction made some serious and stupid penalties. Most were personal fouls, mouthing. The Coaches seemed to addressed that problem. I don't like to use this but a lot of one sided calling has taken place. Normally Junction can overcome that but it does become harder the further you go in the playoffs. It seems they let the teams play a little more in the semi's and the finals. No one not even the refs like to be remembered deciding the outcome of those games. Last as bleu said never bet on the outcome of a bunch of 17 year old kids....😅
Quote from: Danold Dump on November 29, 2017, 09:32:37 am
This one will be an awesome game...the Dump will have to go with the Noles in this one...they are hot right now.  Dump has spoken...dump out

Looks like someone is trying to give me a reason to say JC wins.

WorkOrder

Monsta

Ghost of Colts52

I think this one will be a close game for a half. I think hooks will out coach JC. Noles roll 34-21

Wildcat_Booster

I know this will be tough on Osceola fans, but JC will win by 16. The speed they will display esp at QB position is something you don't see in your neck of the woods. It's different hearing about speed then actually seeing it. Long drive and have a safe trip here and home. Might wanna stop at the Spud Nut shop on way hope to sooth the L

Coltfan2005

November 29, 2017, 04:43:25 pm #124 Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 04:48:06 pm by Coltfan2005
I'm not that sure this will be the fastest QB the Seminoles have faced this year. Colt QB has over 1,00 yards rushing this season.

Wildcat_Booster

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on November 29, 2017, 04:43:25 pm
I'm not that sure this will be the fastest QB the Seminoles have faced this year. Colt QB has over 1,00 yards rushing this season.

Fast where you are from and fast here in the South is like driving a Prius then watching a Mustang go by

dragondad

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on November 29, 2017, 04:43:25 pm

So does the JC QB,  and he didn't play at all for 3 games, and only half for a couple more.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: dragondad on November 29, 2017, 05:36:49 pm
So does the JC QB,  and he didn't play at all for 3 games, and only half for a couple more.

But he still has over 30 more carries than the Colt QB does.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: Wildcat_Booster on November 29, 2017, 04:50:17 pm
Fast where you are from and fast here in the South is like driving a Prius then watching a Mustang go by

keep believing that.

dragondad

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on November 29, 2017, 05:49:03 pm
But he still has over 30 more carries than the Colt QB does.

Yep, I'll concede that fact.  Brown is avgeragin 7/10 of a yard more per carry, but 44 yards less per game.

501Arkansas

Rivercrest QB is the only fastest Qb that osceola has face this season. I doubt if Jc qb is faster than rivercrest qb. If he is hey noles will have some licks waiting on him

dragondad

Quote from: 501Arkansas on November 29, 2017, 07:00:24 pm
Rivercrest QB is the only fastest Qb that osceola has face this season. I doubt if Jc qb is faster than rivercrest qb. If he is hey noles will have some licks waiting on him

Can't tell you what his 40 time is, but Frazier ran the 110 hurdles  last year in 17.8 sec

flow51

Will have to see this one for myself... Being an outsider whose side should I sit on?

dragondad

Quote from: flow51 on November 29, 2017, 07:46:50 pm
Will have to see this one for myself... Being an outsider whose side should I sit on?

Depends on who you'll be rooting for. LOL

Coltfan2005

Quote from: dragondad on November 29, 2017, 06:06:56 pm
Yep, I'll concede that fact.  Brown is avgeragin 7/10 of a yard more per carry, but 44 yards less per game.

Because the Colts don't have to run their QB as much, but when they do...

dragondad

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on November 29, 2017, 08:00:45 pm
Because the Colts don't have to run their QB as much, but when they do...

He gets 7/10 of a yard more per carry, but 44 yards less per game.   ;D

dragondad

Colts Stats

Receiving Yards Per Game - 51.9
Rushing Yards Per Game - 287.5
Total TDs - 67
Tackles Per Game - 70.1
Sacks - 15.0
Interceptions - 14
-----------------------------------
DRAGON Stats

Receiving Yards Per Game - 118.7
Rushing Yards Per Game - 344.4
Total TDs - 80
Tackles Per Game - 53.7
Sacks - 24.0
Interceptions - 16

501Arkansas

Osceola D-Line will have alot of fun in junction city back field

bleudog

flow51

Quote from: dragondad on November 29, 2017, 07:52:28 pm
Depends on who you'll be rooting for. LOL

Will you save me a seat dad? I'm sure I will be the only one there in a Prescott shirt!

501Arkansas

cuz

501Arkansas

Coltfan2005

Calpreps has Osceola beating Junction City, but says Rivercrest would beat Junction City and Osceola would beat Rivercrest. Entertaining.

ISU7

November 29, 2017, 09:53:40 pm #144 Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 12:37:32 am by ISU7
Quote from: Coltfan2005 on November 29, 2017, 09:45:47 pm
Calpreps has Osceola beating Junction City, but says Rivercrest would beat Junction City and Osceola would beat Rivercrest. Entertaining.
So JC get two shots at it 😷😎

dragondad

Quote from: flow51 on November 29, 2017, 08:42:06 pm

Will you save me a seat dad? I'm sure I will be the only one there in a Prescott shirt!

I'm a fence dweller.  LOL!   Get there early,  they started arriving at 6pm last Friday and I expect an even larger turnout this week.

Nomad1324

Quote from: dragondad on November 29, 2017, 10:07:47 pm
I'm a fence dweller.  LOL!   Get there early,  they started arriving at 6pm last Friday and I expect an even larger turnout this week.

Gonna be streamed again?

dragondad

November 29, 2017, 10:13:11 pm #147 Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 10:15:32 pm by dragondad
Quote from: 501Arkansas on November 29, 2017, 08:17:12 pm
Osceola D-Line will have alot of fun in junction city back field

BaaaaaHaHaHaHa......hahahaha........ Oh man..... 501 is going to be calling 911 to put his feelings back together.  We're going to have to call you Humpty Dumpty by about 9pm.   Baaaahahahaha

dragondad

Quote from: Nomad1324 on November 29, 2017, 10:08:34 pm
Gonna be streamed again?

Yes sir,  but no promises on the quality if the signal.

501Arkansas

Quote from: dragondad on November 29, 2017, 10:13:11 pm
BaaaaaHaHaHaHa......hahahaha........ Oh man..... 501 is going to be calling 911 to put his feelings back together.  We're going to have to call you Humpty Dumpty by about 9pm.   Baaaahahahaha
lol okay we will see. Make sure you are still baaaahahaha...hahahahha after the game

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas