• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP(SAT 6:30): Pulaski Academy vs LR McClellan

Started by Brian G, November 24, 2017, 09:23:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who do you think wins and who do you want to win?

PA/PA
35 (46.7%)
PA/LRM
36 (48%)
LRM/PA
0 (0%)
LRM/LRM
4 (5.3%)

Total Members Voted: 75

Voting closed: December 01, 2017, 10:41:33 pm

Brian G

more info to come

Go Postal

I believe the score was PA 61-29 LRM the last time these two met.

Jimmy1995

MDXPHD

Quote from: Jimmy1995 on November 24, 2017, 09:32:43 pm
DIfferebt ballgame. Thanks to all who doubted us!

Once Batesville loses, I always pull for mcclellan just because of you Jimmy! You always think they're going to the ship! Lol. Congratulations!

JacketFan

PA Dad

It's a rematch.  PA won handily the first time .  It would be easy to say they will do so again.

Before I analyze the game let me congratulate Coach Moody and McClellan for another great season and making the final for the second time in three years.  That's a heck of an accomplishment.

McClellan is physical and powerful.  PA is not.  PA is finesse and precision.  This should be a heck of a game.

PA cannot be complacent based on the victory in the first game.  If they are, they will lose.

I look for a heck of a good game.  I give PA a slight edge to win four in a row.

JessieP

I have no doubt this game will set a record, for the lowest attended state championship ever. The 10 day forecast calls for cloudy with a high in the 40's. LRM sadly doesn't have much fan support, they deserve better. PA has low student attendance and they have seen it before, many times. The game will be a mercy rule blowout attended primarily by players parents. Now mind you The Democrat Gazette and KARK will be giddy with excitement but virtually no one else will care.Heck, Grandpa won't even bring his Paralegal to the game. This game will generate the excitement of a UAMS public lecture on probiotics. This game should be dubbed the Yawn Bowl. 

PA Dad

Hey, the Future, you want to eat some crow for your early bold prediction that a Central team would not win the state championship this year?

PA Dad

Quote from: JessieP on November 24, 2017, 10:24:20 pm
I have no doubt this game will set a record, for the lowest attended state championship ever. The 10 day forecast calls for cloudy with a high in the 40's. LRM sadly doesn't have much fan support, they deserve better. PA has low student attendance and they have seen it before, many times. The game will be a mercy rule blowout attended primarily by players parents. Now mind you The Democrat Gazette and KARK will be giddy with excitement but virtually no one else will care.Heck, Grandpa won't even bring his Paralegal to the game. This game will generate the excitement of a UAMS public lecture on probiotics. This game should be dubbed the Yawn Bowl.

Are you kidding?   A lecture on probiotics draws thousands.  That shows what you know.

Go Postal

Hey Maynard, I shipped these to Valley View, Harrison and Nettleton already.  I'll send your shipment as soon as I can to sell in the parking lot at the "Rock". ;)

nightowl

McCellan wins this one.  Moody will have his special teams ready.

JessieP

Quote from: PA Dad on November 24, 2017, 10:27:51 pm
Are you kidding?   A lecture on probiotics draws thousands.  That shows what you know.

Hey, no one has ever accused me of being informed. Here's something to keep you awake at night, it looks like the 2 most known teams named Bruins (sorry bulldogger but it's true) will both be led by a Coach Kelly and his high flying offense. Coincidence or are the aliens trying to tell us something? 

The Future

Quote from: PA Dad on November 24, 2017, 10:25:28 pm
Hey, the Future, you want to eat some crow for your early bold prediction that a Central team would not win the state championship this year?

Man I'm still stuffed from the other bird I had to eat yesterday! Haha

Let my stomach settle first. I have a whole bag of fresh crow I just bought. Just gotta decide on which sauce and seasoning to put on it!

Well sometimes they work out and sometimes they don't. Congrats to both teams!

Go Postal

Quote from: JessieP on November 24, 2017, 10:36:18 pm
Hey, no one has ever accused me of being informed. Here's something to keep you awake at night, it looks like the 2 most known teams named Bruins (sorry bulldogger but it's true) will both be led by a Coach Kelly and his high flying offense. Coincidence or are the aliens trying to tell us something?

PA Dad

Quote from: The Future on November 24, 2017, 10:38:07 pm
Man I'm still stuffed from the other bird I had to eat yesterday! Haha

Let my stomach settle first. I have a whole bag of fresh crow I just bought. Just gotta decide on which sauce and seasoning to put on it!

Well sometimes they work out and sometimes they don't. Congrats to both teams!

I like a guy that owns up and takes it like a man!

JessieP

PA Dad

Quote from: Go Postal on November 24, 2017, 10:31:15 pm
Hey Maynard, I shipped these to Valley View, Harrison and Nettleton already.  I'll send your shipment as soon as I can to sell in the parking lot at the "Rock". ;)

Posty you're the best.  Can I get one of these shirts?

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: Go Postal on November 24, 2017, 10:31:15 pm

I need a XL, a XXL if they run a little small

PA Bruin Fan

As much as I respect Wynn, I'm pumped that PA will play LRM.  They will get physical and a little chippy early.  I still expect PA to win by +3 TD, but it will be fun to watch at least for most of the game. 

PrivateLesson

Quote from: PA Bruin Fan on November 25, 2017, 12:31:20 am
As much as I respect Wynn, I'm pumped that PA will play LRM.  They will get physical and a little chippy early.  I still expect PA to win by +3 TD, but it will be fun to watch at least for most of the game. 
By +3 TD's??      Maybe

PA Bruin Fan

The Future

Hmm let's have some fun
Futures predictions for this game

1. Halftime score 28-21 PA
2. Each team has a pick
3. PA scores on a pass of more than 40 yards
4. No field goals
5. Final score PA 57 McClellan 35

Me and a buddy are staying the night in Little Rock after the 6A game to watch the 7A game at noon Saturday. Depending on the weather we might stay for this one as well.

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: The Future on November 25, 2017, 10:39:39 am
Hmm let's have some fun
Futures predictions for this game

1. Halftime score 28-21 PA
2. Each team has a pick
3. PA scores on a pass of more than 40 yards
4. No field goals
5. Final score PA 57 McClellan 35

Me and a buddy are staying the night in Little Rock after the 6A game to watch the 7A game at noon Saturday. Depending on the weather we might stay for this one as well.

Well, everyone knows PA is always prepared for the weather. ;)

PrivateLesson

Red Devil Alum

Hearing rumors that PA has a different uniform planned for each TD.

JessieP

There is no question PA will be prepared. Grandpa has already filed cease and desist orders against McClellan's front 7. They are ordered to make no direct contact against PA's OL. Any physical contact will be considered a violation of said order and if anyone hits one player in particular the fans will cry "Cheap Shot". 

AT

I would feel as if McClellan has a chance but they can't let PA going like they let Alma. Once Alma's O got McClellan on their heels, the Lions couldn't stop them. Seems as if the Lion defense can settle in then they can do well. If not, things can spiral out of control for them.

Perhaps the stage and the opponent keeps the Lion D on the up and up.

HogWild25

Second stringers will be playing by the middle of the 3rd quarter. pA rolls again.

Go Postal

JessieP

I say we all gather around and just gorge ourselves on crow right now. Sure we can do the "If LRM is able to" or "PA is vulnerable to" all week, it only serves to provide the PA fans with giggles. The fact is PA is going to easily win their 4th consecutive title, the reserves will get the majority of playing time. The reality is this may be the strongest team of the previous 4. Hatcher leaves this year so maybe the pack can catch them. Morrilton looks promising, Harrison is gaining and of course Alma, Batesville and Wynne will always be in the discussion. And let's not forget LRCA, they are unbeatable, NFL caliber, Saban turned down a chance to scrimmage them out of total fear.

Let's just sit down and start the crow buffet, a lot of katsup helps. We'll get a Maynard G. Krebs ice sculpture for the center of the table.

Overdahill

All I can say is "remember Parkview". Parkview came within one bounce of winning vs PA and since McClellan shut down LRCA's high powered offense they can certainly do it to PA on any given day. McClellan always comes to play and I expect a four quarter contest

PA Bruin Fan

Quote from: Overdahill on November 26, 2017, 01:32:27 pm
All I can say is "remember Parkview". Parkview came within one bounce of winning vs PA and since McClellan shut down LRCA's high powered offense they can certainly do it to PA on any given day. McClellan always comes to play and I expect a four quarter contest

I agree that game bothers me, and PV is very well coached.  However, I think PA played very poorly and especially the offensive line at times during the game.  That game woke up the Team and they've been charging hard ever since. LRM will be physical, that we know for sure.

JessieP

Parkview is a good team, making massive strides. I also feel that was PA's off night. Every great team has one. Most teams get beat on their off night, great teams still win. Taking nothing away from Parkview but if they played 5 times 4 of them would be mercy ruled games. LRM is a very good team, they are there because they earned it, no question they are the second best team in the 5A. There is nothing Cinderella about them, they are simply facing the best team in the 5A, by a wide margin. This year PA may very well be the 3rd best team in the State overall, the rest of the 5A was reduced to bridesmaids.

PA Dad

Does anyone know if the championship games will be televised?

Go Postal

Quote from: JessieP on November 26, 2017, 02:03:40 pm
Parkview is a good team, making massive strides. I also feel that was PA's off night. Every great team has one. Most teams get beat on their off night, great teams still win. Taking nothing away from Parkview but if they played 5 times 4 of them would be mercy ruled games. LRM is a very good team, they are there because they earned it, no question they are the second best team in the 5A. There is nothing Cinderella about them, they are simply facing the best team in the 5A, by a wide margin. This year PA may very well be the 3rd best team in the State overall, the rest of the 5A was reduced to bridesmaids.

All the "bridesmaids" that were privileged to play PA this year be like...

chaingang

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on November 25, 2017, 12:06:34 pm
That is just plain Craziness , it is for each quarter .

Overdahill

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on November 25, 2017, 12:06:34 pm

I think Red Devil is coming to the game dressed as a Nutcracker ;D

#72 Bearden Bear

PA only needs 7 points to break JC's 2003 scoring record (753). I say it will take about 2 minutes to break.

Deltaswarm3

I hate to say it but LRM won't come close to beating PA, facts are just facts!

Maynard G Krebs

Of course I am pulling for the Bruins, but at the same time it is not a guarantee win.  McClellan will be playing with high emotion and intensity.  As it has been noted, they are large, have some good skill players and seem to be peaking as evidenced by their playoff wins.

Weather predictions look great for the game.  Not too cold.

Deltaswarm3

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on November 28, 2017, 09:11:54 am
Of course I am pulling for the Bruins, but at the same time it is not a guarantee win.  McClellan will be playing with high emotion and intensity.  As it has been noted, they are large, have some good skill players and seem to be peaking as evidenced by their playoff wins.

Weather predictions look great for the game.  Not too cold.
I think a lot of people are hoping for a good game, but it's just not gonna happen
PA 63 LRM 16

South 45

I keep wanting to say it will be a good enough game to go and watch...Just can't seem to convince myself.

STBruin

Dont forget Parkview came closer to beating McClellan too...going to be a good game, not going to be a blow out.

MDXPHD

The Future

Quote from: Deltaswarm3 on November 28, 2017, 09:18:24 am
I think a lot of people are hoping for a good game, but it's just not gonna happen
PA 63 LRM 16

I agree.
PADad and the other PA posters are doing a great job at staying respectable and humble, going with the mindset of "we could possibly lose"  and not chugging the Bruin Kool aid and walking around pulling a Joe Nameth and guaranteeing a win.
And that's real classy of them. But sometimes it's perfectly ok to say we got this.

In the end PA wins by several TDs. I doubt they score 60 though.

STBruin

Idindonuffin

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 28, 2017, 11:43:54 am
Is there any history between these two teams and coaches?
McClellan secured a 2nd place finish in the state, besting 30 other teams, 2 years ago. PA was there to watch and cheer the Lions on.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on November 28, 2017, 01:18:32 pm
McClellan secured a 2nd place finish in the state, besting 30 other teams, 2 years ago. PA was there to watch and cheer the Lions on.

Do Kelley and Moody get along well?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas