• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Success Advancement Model Thoughts - Go!

Started by MDXPHD, November 01, 2017, 01:23:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MDXPHD

November 01, 2017, 01:23:46 pm Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 06:20:19 pm by MDXPHD
I want people's opinions on the success advancement model implemented to for classification purposes. This is SPORT SPECIFIC. This means some schools could potentially be in different classifications in different sports. Also, some girls sports might be different than the same boys sports. The model is pretty simple and easy to implement, in my opinion. It might be more work than simply looking at numbers, but hey, what else does AAA have to do in all their spare time?

So basically, it would be something like this:

Schools shall be subject to reclassification at the conclusion of a reclassification period on a sport-by-sport basis dependent on the school's post-season tournament success during the previous three years.

a. A school shall earn the assigned point values based on the furthest that team advanced in the post-season during the previous three seasons as follows:
   Conference Championship – 1 point
        Regional Championship – 2 points
        Semi-Finals – 3 points
        State Championship – 4 points
Note: only one of these can be counted each year. If a team wins conference and state, they obviously made it to the semifinals too. In that instance, only the state championship 4 would be awarded. If a team is runner up, that team made it to the championship and will be awarded (or dinged) 4 points.

b. If a school in any enrollment class achieves a tournament success point value of nine (9) points or greater in a specific sport during the previous reclassification period, such school shall move up to the next available higher enrollment class for the next reclassification period. A change in a school's enrollment which would otherwise result in a change of the school's enrollment classes shall not apply to a school which changes classes under this section, unless the enrollment change would result in the school being placed in an enrollment class higher than the enrollment class dictated by this section, and in that circumstance, the school shall be placed in the enrollment class determined by the school's enrollment for the next reclassification period.

c. If a school which has participated in a higher enrollment class during the previous reclassification period achieves a tournament success point value of Five (5), Six(6) or Seven (7) points in a specific sport, such school shall remain in the same enrollment class in that sport for the next reclassification period. The foregoing notwithstanding, if there is a change in the school's enrollment which would result in the school being placed in a higher enrollment class than the enrollment class dictated by this section, then in that circumstance the school shall be placed in the enrollment class determined by the school's enrollment for the next reclassification period.

d. If a school which has participated in a higher enrollment class during the previous reclassification period achieves a tournament success point value of Two (2) points or less in a specific sport, such school shall be placed in the classification immediately below the classification previously occupied for the next reclassification period.

Remember, the amount of teams in each class would stay the same. If a team moved up for three years and didn't have much success, they would drop down the next cycle. A team wouldn't necessarily play below the enrollment classification, but this would make some teams play up to compete at the higher level, a reward for being good. Obviously, I used arbitrary numbers and the reclassification period is every three years. All of this can be adjusted. I want to know people's thoughts on the actual system, the points, and the amount of years before teams should be reclassified. I would also like pros and cons of the system. THERE ARE PLENTY OF CHANGES TO BE MADE AND THIS IS NOT A PROPOSAL, BUT ONLY INTENDED TO SHOW A VERY BASIC METHOD OF COMPUTATION.

PrivateLesson

So, you could potentially drive and be all over the state... one night in VB or Junior High FB and the next night in HS FB?   Or am I misunderstanding? 

MDXPHD

Quote from: PrivateLesson on November 01, 2017, 02:19:28 pm
So, you could potentially drive and be all over the state... one night in VB or Junior High FB and the next night in HS FB?   Or am I misunderstanding?

The conferences would be set up based on which teams are in that classification. Obviously, this would be geographically. So you use the points, determine who is in what classification, then set up conferences.

Red Devil Alum

Concerns that I would have is that if one great group came through a school and was ultra successful, it would drive the school up in class that the following classes couldn't sustain. In a roundabout way, this is what happened to Arkansas Baptist with attendance.

Also wouldn't work with basketball, as girls and boys have to be in the same conference since they often share the same bus on road trips. Not enough administrators, etc. to send boys and girls b-ball to different places in the same night.

But those are relatively minor tweaks to your general plan.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on November 01, 2017, 02:42:24 pm
Concerns that I would have is that if one great group came through a school and was ultra successful, it would drive the school up in class that the following classes couldn't sustain. In a roundabout way, this is what happened to Arkansas Baptist with attendance.

Also wouldn't work with basketball, as girls and boys have to be in the same conference since they often share the same bus on road trips. Not enough administrators, etc. to send boys and girls b-ball to different places in the same night.

But those are relatively minor tweaks to your general plan.

The first issue would fix itself after the next classification recycling. It could be adjusted to two years and points adjusted as well. The second issue is a far bigger issue. I thought about that too, but boys and girls basketball programs are so different. It would be unfortunate for the girls program to be be bumped up because of how good the boys are, and vice versa. But, you are correct, ideally they would be on the same night against the same teams.

PrivateLesson

November 01, 2017, 03:39:44 pm #5 Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 03:42:47 pm by PrivateLesson
The same thing might occur in Track/XC too. 

Bruin Backer

I'm lost. Does this plan apply to all schools, or only to private schools? If it applies to both, then I have a scenario that could be a problem. Assume that PA, LRCA, Wynne and Batesville all make it to the semifinals three years in a row. Each school will have a minimum of 9 points and a maximum of 12 points. In any event, each school would be moved up to 6A. Do you just add four more schools to the 6A classification and hope that you can create a workable schedule and/or playoff schedule, or do four 6A teams have to move down to 5A, where they will have an enrollment advantage over everyone else?

If no one moves down, and if 6A had four conferences, you would be adding one more conference game to everyone's regular season schedule and, depending on how the individual conferences were realigned, (e.g., would PA and LRCA or Wynne and Batesville be in the same conference?), travel could become a bigger issue than it already is. If a 5A school moves up to 6A based on points, and earns at least 9 points during the next 3 year period, are they then moved up to 7A? If they continue to have success, what happens next? What happens if a 7A school like Bentonville dominates 7A for three years? Are they reassigned to the SEC, and the Razorbacks moved down to the 7A?

If the "success" model is adopted, would you do away with the private school multiplier and start every school off in the classification that matches their enrollment? If so, then PA would start as a 4A school and, if successful, would then move up to 5A, where it already is. Is it fair to ding a school twice...once because it is successful and again because it is a private school? Can a system that rewards/penalizes schools on the basis of success be fair if it can only be applied to schools 6A and below? If a 7A school could dominate for a three year cycle, there would not be a provision to deal with them.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Bruin Backer on November 01, 2017, 03:47:14 pm
I'm lost. Does this plan apply to all schools, or only to private schools? If it applies to both, then I have a scenario that could be a problem. Assume that PA, LRCA, Wynne and Batesville all make it to the semifinals three years in a row. Each school will have a minimum of 9 points and a maximum of 12 points. In any event, each school would be moved up to 6A. Do you just add four more schools to the 6A classification and hope that you can create a workable schedule and/or playoff schedule, or do four 6A teams have to move down to 5A, where they will have an enrollment advantage over everyone else?

If no one moves down, and if 6A had four conferences, you would be adding one more conference game to everyone's regular season schedule and, depending on how the individual conferences were realigned, (e.g., would PA and LRCA or Wynne and Batesville be in the same conference?), travel could become a bigger issue than it already is. If a 5A school moves up to 6A based on points, and earns at least 9 points during the next 3 year period, are they then moved up to 7A? If they continue to have success, what happens next? What happens if a 7A school like Bentonville dominates 7A for three years? Are they reassigned to the SEC, and the Razorbacks moved down to the 7A?

If the "success" model is adopted, would you do away with the private school multiplier and start every school off in the classification that matches their enrollment? If so, then PA would start as a 4A school and, if successful, would then move up to 5A, where it already is. Is it fair to ding a school twice...once because it is successful and again because it is a private school? Can a system that rewards/penalizes schools on the basis of success be fair if it can only be applied to schools 6A and below? If a 7A school could dominate for a three year cycle, there would not be a provision to deal with them.

Schools would move down to make room for the ones coming up. So yes, they would have an enrollment advantage, but they were also the worst schools in their classification. The multiplier, which DOESN'T EXIST, would not apply, nor would the current system. Also, as stated in my post, THESE NUMBERS WERE PULLED FROM THIN AIR. THEY CAN BE ADJUSTED! However, if all four of those teams made the semifinals three years in a row, then they should probably move up anyway.

And yes, a school like Bentonville would move to the SEC, because that's not a dumb comment at all. I can see you will add a lot to this discussion.

Maynard G Krebs

PA Dad

As those who have been on the board for awhile know, I agree with the concept of performance based advancement.  There are certainly details that need to be worked out, but the concept is solid.  I think it is the fairest way to achieve competitive games, which I think is an admirable goal.

Yellowcake

My question is over the last 5 years, who in the state would be bumped up?

1 school?

If it's designed to get PA moved up, then just work on how you do that. If this wasn't just in conversations about PA , i wouldn't conclude that's where all this is coming from. Getting dominant teams out of the conference. Specifically PA.

Not fighting with you brother. That's just what it appears to be designed to do.

Wonderdog

Quote from: Yellowcake on November 02, 2017, 12:24:49 am

1 school?

If it's designed to get PA moved up, then just work on how you do that. If this wasn't just in conversations about PA , i wouldn't conclude that's where all this is coming from. Getting dominant teams out of the conference. Specifically PA.

Not fighting with you brother. That's just what it appears to be designed to do.
I see your point, but wouldn't this create more frequent competitive games (less blowouts) that would improve the atmosphere of games everywhere?

Wonderdog

MDX thanks for the post! +1. I like this model. It would be very difficult to implement in anything besides football due to boy/girl sports. Baseball/softball, GBB/BBB etc. I think it could work for football though with some examination of details and tweaks.

Intelligentsia

1 school?

If it applied to every sport, it would likely impact several schools.  I would like to see this applied first to private schools and possibly later to all schools. 

MDXPHD

1 school?

I believe Batesville might get bumped up. They went to the semis every year and the finals a couple times recently. It would just depend on how the points are set up. In 6A, greenwood and pine bluff both might get bumped up.

PrivateLesson

Complete Biased PoV

1 school?

One thing MD forgot to include is a plan on who to relegate to a lower classification.  So skimming team pages for past 5 years, in 7A you would likely have Catholic, Central, and Van Buren relegated to 6A with Greenwood, Pine Bluff, and possibly Jonesboro bumped up.  We all know 5A would likely be PA Wynne and Batesville going up and we know who would go down to 4A.  Warren and Nashville would be close to bumping up to 5A.  Junction City a few years ago would have bumped a classification with 3 straight titles.

Intelligentsia

PrivateLesson

MDXPHD

Intelligentsia

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 02, 2017, 10:47:19 am
ESL students and free and reduced lunches.
Homeless students, the scouge of a culture of pervasive family dependence on government support, high rates of teen pregnancy, lack of proactive health care, .. 

MDXPHD

Quote from: Intelligentsia on November 02, 2017, 10:59:51 am
Homeless students, the scouge of a culture of pervasive family dependence on government support, high rates of teen pregnancy, lack of proactive health care, ..

You know that stuff doesn't reflect on sports success though right?

We are steering away from the topic, but I had to answer PrivateLesson lol. I'll stay on track.

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: PrivateLesson on November 02, 2017, 09:59:11 am
Do they teach that at PA? lol   :P :)

I believe they teach a higher level than the basic Chinese arithmetic, known as Manchurian Chinese Arithmetic.  😜

Grond

A very interesting plan. From the viewpoint of a fan of a team that is typically at the bottom of a 5A conference, I would like to see something like this.

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 02, 2017, 06:56:32 am
I believe Batesville might get bumped up. They went to the semis every year and the finals a couple times recently. It would just depend on how the points are set up. In 6A, greenwood and pine bluff both might get bumped up.
Any model where a team can't win the state championship, yet is bumped to a higher classification for being too successful, is flawed.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on November 02, 2017, 01:33:52 pm
Any model where a team can't win the state championship, yet is bumped to a higher classification for being too successful, is flawed.

You don't think that a couple teams could dominate a class, yet one of them just happen to win a couple of the championships, and both be bumped up? I disagree.

STBruin

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 02, 2017, 01:37:36 pm
You don't think that a couple teams could dominate a class, yet one of them just happen to win a couple of the championships, and both be bumped up? I disagree.

I am on the fence with this...but don't think the runner up should be forced to move up when they cant win the championship. But then if you have a team that has 3 or 4 bad years and moves down 2 classifications, and then has a stellar group of kids come in...you would still have everyone crying on the boards about how it isn't fair...and they should automatically be moved to 7A...

Look at society as a whole...we have taken CANDY butt to a whole new level...

MDXPHD

Quote from: STBruin on November 02, 2017, 01:51:38 pm
I am on the fence with this...but don't think the runner up should be forced to move up when they cant win the championship. But then if you have a team that has 3 or 4 bad years and moves down 2 classifications, and then has a stellar group of kids come in...you would still have everyone crying on the boards about how it isn't fair...and they should automatically be moved to 7A...

Look at society as a whole...we have taken CANDY butt to a whole new level...

What if the first place team that kept winning just happened to be that much better than everyone? Take PA, for instance. They have dominated the last 3 years and are about to win a 4th. Batesville has been to something like 6 straight Semis. Those two teams have had great success and PA was just much better the last few years. Just because there is a big gap between the top team and the second team doesn't mean it wouldn't work. I think it would take probably 2-3 reclassification cycles for it to really level out though.

blueandwhite

This is the dumbest thing I ever seen. It might work for football, but it won't work for most other sports. Most other sports if you get 1 or 2 studs players you can dominate for 2 or 3 years. Than I can see setting up conferences has a nightmare. Than I could see every sport that has boy and girls teams being in different classifications. How many schools can afford to double their transportation costs for basketball, soccer, track, etc?

MDXPHD

Quote from: blueandwhite on November 02, 2017, 02:30:18 pm
This is the dumbest thing I ever seen. It might work for football, but it won't work for most other sports. Most other sports if you get 1 or 2 studs players you can dominate for 2 or 3 years. Than I can see setting up conferences has a nightmare. Than I could see every sport that has boy and girls teams being in different classifications. How many schools can afford to double their transportation costs for basketball, soccer, track, etc?

Thank you for your constructive comments. Again, this is a concept that is meant to be altered. I believe there is a better system than the current one in place, which is "hey, you have this many kids, therefore you play in this conference."

blueandwhite

Overdahill

November 02, 2017, 02:35:24 pm #31 Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 02:37:09 pm by Overdahill
Quote from: MDXPHD on November 02, 2017, 01:37:36 pm

I agree with you. Arkansas is so small population-wise that there aren't enough really good teams to go around competition wise with most classifications having so few schools to begin with. A mechanism for dominant teams to move up and vice versa will help keep an abundance of meaningless games (competition-wise) from continuing to be a norm for some schools year after year. My high school makes the "dynasty" short list on Calpreps in a much larger state and yet has won only one or two state championship in over 100 years because there is a lot of competition. Even in a strong year mercy rule games are rare. Aren't HS sports supposed to be about competition and the disciplines required to meet the challenges? Maybe its just me but I would take a season of bonafide battles over a relative cakewalk ring anytime

JessieP

Quote from: Overdahill on November 02, 2017, 02:35:24 pm
I agree with you. Arkansas is so small population-wise that there aren't enough really good teams to go around competition wise with most classifications having so few schools to begin with. A mechanism for dominant teams to move up and vice versa will help keep an abundance of meaningless games (competition-wise) from continuing to be a norm for some schools year after year. My high school makes the "dynasty" short list on Calpreps in a much larger state and yet has won only one or two state championship in over 100 years because there is a lot of competition. Even in a strong year mercy rule games are rare. Aren't HS sports supposed to be about competition and the disciplines required to meet the challenges? Maybe its just me but I would take a season of bonafide battles over a relative cakewalk ring anytime

Because you get it. I myself am opposed to punishing success. The flip side is that Kelley should want to be bumped up. He should demand it, take his system out for a drive and see how it holds up. On the grand scheme of things his accomplishments will always be met with a condescending "that's cute" mentality among the big boys. Win a couple titles in a row in the biggest classification and then schedule some Bishop Gormans or Mater Dei's. Win those and then the genius label will be deserved. You would think if he had sincere belief in what he's doing he would insist on it.

PA Dad

Quote from: Overdahill on November 02, 2017, 02:35:24 pm

I agree with this 100%.

blueandwhite

Actually, I would be for this concept if we had  "dynasty" programs. I mean winning the championship 5 or more times in a row.

MDXPHD

Quote from: blueandwhite on November 02, 2017, 03:26:50 pm
Actually, I would be for this concept if we had  "dynasty" programs. I mean winning the championship 5 or more times in a row.

You can only be a dynasty if you win 5 consecutive championships?

walkingguy72396

Maybe they should just make the coaches change schools 1 seed coaches have to coach the last place team.   The following season.

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: JessieP on November 02, 2017, 02:47:30 pm
Because you get it. I myself am opposed to punishing success. The flip side is that Kelley should want to be bumped up. He should demand it, take his system out for a drive and see how it holds up. On the grand scheme of things his accomplishments will always be met with a condescending "that's cute" mentality among the big boys. Win a couple titles in a row in the biggest classification and then schedule some Bishop Gormans or Mater Dei's. Win those and then the genius label will be deserved. You would think if he had sincere belief in what he's doing he would insist on it.
First time I've ever heard a suggestion that kevin Kelley lacks confidence.

JessieP

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on November 02, 2017, 04:42:23 pm
First time I've ever heard a suggestion that kevin Kelley lacks confidence.

Don't ever confuse confidence with insecurity. Confidence realizes when the game is out of reach, it doesn't need a sportsmanship rule to dictate such. Confidence clears the bench and runs between the tackles to eat the clock. Confidence realizes when a group of teenagers is beat and does everything within their power to allow them a measure of dignity. Insecurity continues to pass the ball and justifies it by saying "we want our backups to keep running the offense". Insecurity realizes that when your up by 30+ points your working on nothing, your feeding your ego. Insecurity calls a timeout in the closing seconds to throw a pass, because your a little man. Big difference.   

PA Bruin Fan

Quote from: JessieP on November 02, 2017, 05:04:04 pm
Don't ever confuse confidence with insecurity. Confidence realizes when the game is out of reach, it doesn't need a sportsmanship rule to dictate such. Confidence clears the bench and runs between the tackles to eat the clock. Confidence realizes when a group of teenagers is beat and does everything within their power to allow them a measure of dignity. Insecurity continues to pass the ball and justifies it by saying "we want our backups to keep running the offense". Insecurity realizes that when your up by 30+ points your working on nothing, your feeding your ego. Insecurity calls a timeout in the closing seconds to throw a pass, because your a little man. Big difference.

I'm not sure how just laying down on the field is showing respect for the game or the other team.  I'm fairly certain PA puts in second team o and d when coach feels the game is comfortably in hand and the starters have had sufficient time to get plays in.  Then PA starts making up a third string, and still scores.  Say what you want but PA could have scored many more TDs this year if they wanted.  I bet quite a few freshmen get to play tonight against Mills. 

On another topic, I think it says a lot about a person who goes incognito on the web and trashes another mans success and body of work. 

Again, a perfectly good discussion gets hijacked into a board bashing PA.  Nice job troll. 

AT

Let's not let it get hijacked.

MDX, I noticed that there was no "point b" in your original post. It went from a to c. Did you do that on purpose?

MDXPHD

Quote from: Almatrackster on November 02, 2017, 06:02:04 pm
Let's not let it get hijacked.

MDX, I noticed that there was no "point b" in your original post. It went from a to c. Did you do that on purpose?

I did not. I'm just slow!

AT

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 02, 2017, 06:19:45 pm
I did not. I'm just slow!

Just making sure. I love the IDEA of it. I even made a post in one of the other forums using CalPreps to redo the classifications in football based off performance.

That said, people have good points with travel. But perhaps we can go sport by sport...

Volleyball: Your volleyball team doesn't travel with any one else anyways.

Football: Doesn't travel with any team anyways.

Basketball: I do find this to be a problem. Boys and Girls basketball having to travel to different spots on the same night seems counterintuitive to everything we've known about the sport. This sport would have a problem with this. That being said, it can happen. How many times a year does a boys and girls team travel different places? It does happen. Tournaments and early season games see this all the time. Would you have to cut down on tournaments to save for extra travel?

Cross Country/Track: This wouldn't be affected except for two meets...conference and state. Your girls and boys could all go to the same regular season meets and it wouldn't affect anything. But track coaches and cross country coaches trying to find a way to make sure they can go to their boys and girls conference and state meets at different locations would be tough.(small schools, you'll have one coach do boys/girls cross country and track) Hope this makes sense. In short it wouldn't be a problem most of the year in track/XC but would be for the district and state track meets.

Baseball/softball: See basketball, but I don't follow baseball/softball much in high school. Most schools have both boys and girls play at the same spot every night right?

Soccer: Same as basketball.

Swim/Tennis/Golf/Wrestling can't speak much to it.

JessieP

Quote from: PA Bruin Fan on November 02, 2017, 05:46:16 pm
I'm not sure how just laying down on the field is showing respect for the game or the other team.  I'm fairly certain PA puts in second team o and d when coach feels the game is comfortably in hand and the starters have had sufficient time to get plays in.  Then PA starts making up a third string, and still scores.  Say what you want but PA could have scored many more TDs this year if they wanted.  I bet quite a few freshmen get to play tonight against Mills. 

On another topic, I think it says a lot about a person who goes incognito on the web and trashes another mans success and body of work. 

Again, a perfectly good discussion gets hijacked into a board bashing PA.  Nice job troll.

By your definition I am a troll. To you, anyone who say's anything negative or questions PA is a troll. Luckily your definition is moronic, so the negative opinion of a moron is a compliment to me. But this is coming from the person who stated PA just works harder, they even work out in the summer! You know that's bad when even the PA fans say "that was a dumb post". Incognito? So your actual name is PA Bruin Fan? That's what is say's on your drivers license? Do people call you PA, Bruin or Mr. Fan?

JessieP

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 02, 2017, 02:05:41 pm
What if the first place team that kept winning just happened to be that much better than everyone? Take PA, for instance. They have dominated the last 3 years and are about to win a 4th. Batesville has been to something like 6 straight Semis. Those two teams have had great success and PA was just much better the last few years. Just because there is a big gap between the top team and the second team doesn't mean it wouldn't work. I think it would take probably 2-3 reclassification cycles for it to really level out though.

I think your system is about as close as you'll get to fair. The problem is will anyone fight it? You would think the top notch teams would not only welcome it but fight for it, the reality may be quite different.

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: PA Bruin Fan on November 02, 2017, 05:46:16 pm

Just stop. Jessie has determined the One True Way that all teams must play when they have a lead. No one is allowed to question this. Jessie has spoken.

JessieP

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on November 02, 2017, 08:42:04 pm
Just stop. Jessie has determined the One True Way that all teams must play when they have a lead. No one is allowed to question this. Jessie has spoken.

Yeah, that's accurate. There is no difference in my eye's between having a lead and being up by 35 late in the game. I treat them just the same. You see I'm stupid, I can't connect the dots. PA is an academic school first and foremost, the only reason they succeed in football is because they work harder and have a genius coach. I can't put together the rationale for an academic school being up by 35 points and passing to score more. I can't compute why personal stats matter to a school that exist only for academics. My simple mind can't figure out the benefit of a coach/school that claims higher education and Christian values that would continue the onslaught of piling up points simply to humiliate an already beaten opponent. 

PA Dad

Quote from: JessieP on November 02, 2017, 09:26:28 pm
Yeah, that's accurate. There is no difference in my eye's between having a lead and being up by 35 late in the game. I treat them just the same. You see I'm stupid, I can't connect the dots. PA is an academic school first and foremost, the only reason they succeed in football is because they work harder and have a genius coach. I can't put together the rationale for an academic school being up by 35 points and passing to score more. I can't compute why personal stats matter to a school that exist only for academics. My simple mind can't figure out the benefit of a coach/school that claims higher education and Christian values that would continue the onslaught of piling up points simply to humiliate an already beaten opponent.

So tell us which game the starters played in the second half when PA was way ahead.  And, do you really think  Kelley should tell the second or third teams to lay down or just kneel on every play?  A third team QB on a passing team should not throw a pass?

Did Batesville run up the score on Paragould or Forrest City?  Why didn't they just kneel on every play when ahead by 21 points when playing a team that had no chance?

I've never seen the rule on running up the score.  How much is too much?  21 points?  35?

Get real.

PA Bruin Fan

Quote from: JessieP on November 02, 2017, 07:31:25 pm
By your definition I am a troll. To you, anyone who say's anything negative or questions PA is a troll. Luckily your definition is moronic, so the negative opinion of a moron is a compliment to me. But this is coming from the person who stated PA just works harder, they even work out in the summer! You know that's bad when even the PA fans say "that was a dumb post". Incognito? So your actual name is PA Bruin Fan? That's what is say's on your drivers license? Do people call you PA, Bruin or Mr. Fan?

OMG, you're kind of a simple little fellow aren't you?  I'm not the one slamming another school or individual.  Bet you wouldn't say those things to CKK face.  Mutt. 

And I stand by my comment.  PA players do work very hard and I believe much harder than most teams.  Not every team, but a lot.  And yes, the ability to worker harder partially comes from the financial advantage.

Keep trolling...

devildog53

November 02, 2017, 11:16:50 pm #49 Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 11:25:06 pm by devildog53
I kinda like this idea, has a soccer-like promotion/relegation feel to it.  But I think the possibility of it passing it close to nil.  Would you do it every year or every two years though?  Premier League (English soccer) does it every year.  Lets take a look at it based off last year's standings.

7A
Relegated (Teams that didn't make the playoffs) - FS Southside (6A-West), LR Central (6A-East), Van Buren (6A-West), Heritage (6A-West)

6A
Promoted (Semifinalists) - Greenwood (7A-West), Pine Bluff (7A-Central), Benton (7A-Central), Russellville (7A-West)
Relegated (Teams that didn't make the playoffs) - Hall , Jacksonville , Sheridan , Siloam Springs
Sheridan would have to move to the 6A-East to even it out.

5A
Promoted (Semifinalists) - Pulaski Academy (6A-West), Batesville (6A-East), Wynne (6A-East), Watson Chapel (6A-West)
Relegated (Last place in each conference) - Greene County Tech , Hope , Fair , Maumelle

4A - Now you have a mess with three teams from NWA.  And there are six conferences so do you relegate six or four.  And if you do four how do you determine which two can stay?
Promoted (Semifinalists) - Shiloh Christian, Pea Ridge, Prairie Grove, Warren
Relegated (Last place in each conference) - Gentry, Baptist Prep, Subiaco, DeWitt, Bauxite, Harrisburg

3A - Promote four or six? We're back to this.  I think you take the four semifinalists and then the two conference champs that made it to the quarterfinals. But this won't happen every year.  Relegation has the same problem as 4A.
Promoted (Semifinalists and two quarterfinal conference champs) - Four semifinalists: Charleston, Glen Rose, Prescott, Newport; Two Conference Champs: Fordyce, Rivercrest
Relegated (Last Place in each conference) - Marshall, Rose Bud, Corning, Drew Central, Two Rivers, Bismarck

2A
Promoted (Semifinalists and two quarterfinal conference champs) - Four semifinalists: Mount Ida, Harmony Grove, Hampton, England; Two Conference Champs: Danville, Des Arc

5A would definitely be affected a lot by this.  You'd have to redraw all the conferences.  Here's what 5A could have looked like for this season.
East - Beebe, Blytheville, Forrest City, Jacksonville , Nettleton, Paragould, Valley View, Vilonia
Central - Greenbrier, Little Rock Christian, Little Rock Hall, Little Rock McClellan, Little Rock Mills, Little Rock Parkview, Morrilton, Sylvan Hills
South - Camden Fairview, DeQueen, Hot Springs, Hot Springs Lakeside, Magnolia, Sheridan , Warren, White Hall
West - Alma, Clarksville, Farmington, Harrison, Siloam Springs, Shiloh Christian, Pea Ridge, Prairie Grove

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas