• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3a-3 week 7 with Conference. Standing

Started by luxora4life, October 09, 2017, 05:17:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

501Arkansas

Quote from: luxora4life on October 15, 2017, 04:27:40 pm
I agree again.  Eventually some team may shutdown the colts running game, but Osceola hasn't in the past  7 years and will not this year either.  ;D
😂we will see

501Arkansas

Quote from: luxora4life on October 15, 2017, 04:11:53 pm

I agree.  Rivercrest Needs to pass the ball just a little bit more, Especially on first or second down,  But statistically, it would be easier to shutdown Osceola than Rivercrest.  While Osceola appears to be balance on offense, they are just a one man show.  Let's look at the numbers:  20 rushing td's, Binky has 13 no one else with more than 2 td's.  Osceola has 9 td's receptions , Binky has 4 - no one else with more than 2.
While Rivercrest runs the ball on every play, this year they have 4 back with 4 or more td's that is on the field at the same time.  All with game breaking speed.
Gavin has 3 tds and scales has 4

Paperman

Then stop the one man show! Easier said than done!

luxora4life

October 15, 2017, 08:21:01 pm #53 Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 08:34:50 pm by luxora4life
Quote from: Paperman on October 15, 2017, 05:06:39 pm

I agree.  That exactly what they are saying at Rivercrest about the running game.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: Paperman on October 15, 2017, 05:06:39 pm

They said the same thing about Marcus Monk at EPC. Rivercrest simply put their fastest db on Monk one on one for the entire game. Slammed. (two years in a row) Don'y be shocked if Rivercrest doesn't do it again.

luxora4life

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on October 15, 2017, 08:27:21 pm
They said the same thing about Marcus Monk at EPC. Rivercrest simply put their fastest db on Monk one on one for the entire game. Slammed. (two years in a row) Don'y be shocked if Rivercrest doesn't do it again.

Exactly, Binky won't be Rivercrest 1st Rodeo.

ISU7

October 15, 2017, 11:17:18 pm #56 Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 11:20:03 pm by ISU7
Ya'll leave the (real) Seminoles fans alone. I can understand all the excitement in the O this season. They have an outstanding coach and a pretty good  team. 8)

ISU7

October 16, 2017, 12:43:44 am #57 Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 12:46:59 am by ISU7
Quote from: luxora4life on October 15, 2017, 04:11:53 pm

I agree.  Rivercrest Needs to pass the ball just a little bit more, Especially on first or second down,  But statistically, it would be easier to shutdown Osceola than Rivercrest.  While Osceola appears to be balance on offense, they are just a one man show.  Let's look at the numbers:  20 rushing td's, Binky has 13 no one else with more than 2 td's.  Osceola has 9 td's receptions , Binky has 4 - no one else with more than 2.
While Rivercrest runs the ball on every play, this year they have 4 back with 4 or more td's that is on the field at the same time.  All with game breaking speed.
RiverCrest has been running the ball for years, the 2015 team  ran their way in to the state title game and they got there by defeating the #1 team in 3A on the road. I can recall the Colts beating  a pretty good Osceola team lead by T. Bass, Tevin James, Harold Weeden, Brenden Parker, both Woodson's and a couple others. That was the game the Colts use their fullback at quaterback. So to me passing the ball hasnt been an issue for the Colts. If need be i'm sure they would be able too figure out something, meanwhile they keep winning with what they do and that's all that matters. ;) 8)

CoolBreeze

Quote from: ISU7 on October 16, 2017, 12:43:44 am
RiverCrest has been running the ball for years, the 2015 team  ran their way in to the state title game and they got there by defeating the #1 team in 3A on the road. I can recall the Colts beating  a pretty good Osceola team lead by T. Bass, Tevin James, Harold Weeden, Brenden Parker, both Woodson's and a couple others. That was the game the Colts use their fullback at quaterback. So to me passing the ball hasnt been an issue for the Colts. If need be i'm sure they would be able too figure out something, meanwhile they keep winning with what they do and that's all that matters. ;) 8)
However, that one-dimensional attack proved to be their Achille's heel in the championship game. Harding didn't exactly shut him down, but they held him in check sufficiently to get a two-touchdown win.

Coltfan2005

But 5 years before that the Colts proved what a running game could do when you have speed from more than one player. The Colts have 4+ players that the defense has to try to key on in their running game. Rivercrest run game has sent them to Little Rock several times. It's not hard to stop a one man attack. it becomes a very different proposition when you not only have 4 or more really good backs, but a qb who can run as well.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on October 16, 2017, 03:38:25 pm
But 5 years before that the Colts proved what a running game could do when you have speed from more than one player. The Colts have 4+ players that the defense has to try to key on in their running game. Rivercrest run game has sent them to Little Rock several times. It's not hard to stop a one man attack. it becomes a very different proposition when you not only have 4 or more really good backs, but a qb who can run as well.
Very true. I'm old enough to remember the potent Wishbone offenses at Texas and Oklahoma some years ago. It took several years for teams to figure out how to stop them even though they knew almost every play would be a run.

ISU7

Quote from: CoolBreeze on October 16, 2017, 12:44:06 pm
However, that one-dimensional attack proved to be their Achille's heel in the championship game. Harding didn't exactly shut him down, but they held him in check sufficiently to get a two-touchdown win.
Well let the Noles know this. Lol

ISU7

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 14, 2017, 10:22:21 pm

1. Osceola.
2. Rivercrest.
3. Hoxie.
4. Piggott.
5. Newport.
One day you will learn too quit picking against the Colts. ;D :o

luxora4life

Quote from: Paperman on October 14, 2017, 08:21:47 pm
Colts still need to throw the ball more, because eventually someone is going to shutdown the run game!

Even though eventually never happened, was 6-8 -113 - 4 Td's enough passing?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas