• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I want Kevin Kelley to be the head coach of the Razorbacks

Started by Mijally2, October 04, 2017, 07:42:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PA Bruin Fan

Quote from: PrivateLesson on October 07, 2017, 09:29:50 am
+1 and if most were honest they would agree.

Not arguing (yet) just wondering why you guys think that?

JessieP

I cannot believe some people still take this seriously. Success at a mid-division high school and success at a D1 college are night and day. It's comparing apples to lead pencils. It's a moronic idea that no one would dare attempt. If your so gung ho to see Arkansas hire a high school coach to shake things up then why not look at the Florida, Texas or California top division schools? no one ever has compared PA to a Bishop Gorman, De Matha or De La Salle. The fan who posted this originally has a bizarre infatuation with Kelly. I mean he/she actually thinks it would be a good idea, that in and of itself is laughable. Please keep in mind Kelly's success is limited to the 5A. Never mind your Long Beach Poly's or East Plano's PA has never been considered the top dog in Arkansas. Just take your accomplishments and enjoy them, they are without question admirable. Just don't start thinking your the biggest dog on the block, there are much much much bigger fish out there in much much much bigger ponds. Here's a thought, if Arkansas hires Kelly what would the rest of the SEC do? after they stopped laughing they could hire the coach of East Salt Lake, he had absolutely no problem figuring out the genius that is PA.

Overdahill

^^ I can't believe some people take seriously the people who take this seriously  ::) I know i don't

MDXPHD

I do believe we would score more sometimes. Our offense can't get much worse...this game is hard to watch.

PA Dad

This is a fun topic just to see the reaction.  It will never happen so why fret over it?

Maynard G Krebs

Today's UA game proves any change in leadership could not be much worse. 

PrivateLesson

Quote from: PA Bruin Fan on October 07, 2017, 03:43:54 pm

Not arguing (yet) just wondering why you guys think that?
I won't argue :) but I will discuss my opinion.....Football to me should be somewhat even in all areas.  PA's main objective it seems is just to out score your opponents without stopping your opponents defensively..... leading to a game such as last nights with a very high score.  PA also tries to take advantage by making less mistakes.  All teams want that but in college you would have to have a pretty good defensive line because I can guarantee a team like Alabama and others will.   Greenwood and how they utilize all players seems to fit more of a well rounded football team.   Maybe it's more of a style of football that I like.....an example would be Wynne, hard-nosed smashmouth football.   Idk.....Just one girls opinion.  :)

Mijally2

Quote from: War Eagle on October 07, 2017, 01:18:49 am
I think there is no chance Long could survive another failed football hire. AR fans will call for some big name coach after BB. Responding with a HS coach would have AR fans marching with torches and pitchforks, especially if it didn't pan out
AD's at Arkansas have never been held accountable for the quality of their football coaches and the wins on the field.  If they had Broyles would have been canned for some of his hires a long time ago. Their goal is cash to the program and happy wealthy donors who have a comfy box suite to watch the games at.

Mijally2

Lots of comments but a whole lotta hate. In the Sec if you don't have the biggest and strongest then you better throw it. Our most successful teams since we've been in this conference have been with Malzahn, McFadden and the wildcat which was innovative for the time and Petrino, Mallett and the 3 stud receivers we had that year. Our defense was average at best and we still competed. It's time to go small and fast instead of big and slow.

Romeo

I think any AD at the college level would be justifiably skeptical whether Kelley's aggressive style would work in college football. 

Grond

I would like to see Kelley as an Offensive Coordinator at Arkansas.

Part of PA's success is that they are heavily focused on detail and consistency. For example, the PA WR's on the opposite side of the field from the play, run their route correctly every play; they don't "3 steps & watch".

Part of the struggle with the modern college athlete is getting them to focus on "details", when these details didn't matter in their high school career. My experience (the last couple of years observing D2 teams) is that roughly 1/4 of each recruiting class can't make the mental transition from high school to college technique.

Kelley would possibly bring that focus to detail; to that little bit of discipline that separates success from failure.

I can't say with certainty that Kelley would be successful at Arkansas. But somebody out there is the next Gus....  ;)

JessieP

Ok, I have learned to both respect and appreciate what Kelly has accomplished at PA. Although the vast majority of people realize this thread was started hypothetically there are still many who believe it would be a good idea, give me a break. It's a moronic idea and anyone who knows anything about football or is in a position to make such decisions knows it as well.

Yes, the whole Public school/Private school debate has been discussed ad nauseam but there is one glaring point that has never been refuted or denied. That one point just happens to be what statistically can explain much, not all, of PA's success. That point is lack of boundaries. Kevin Kelly is not handcuffed by district boundaries. The emergence of LRCA is now the proof of the glaring advantage private schools have. The financial advantages have been debated, the recruiting issue has been debated, the lack of limited boundaries cannot be debated. It is a massive advantage. Do you not think that in the area around Nettleton, Valley View and Jonesboro couldn't field a Super Team? if there was a school that had PA's resources, academic respect and wanted to build a football powerhouse, they could match PA's success.
Someone from PA once commented there were players on the team that lived 20 miles from the school, that would allow Wynne to draw some players from Forrest City, you think that would be a force? Batesville has 4 teams within that 20 mile radius.

Just a day or two ago someone ask if Kelly were at Forrest City or Paragould would he be able to achieve the same results? we all know that is a resounding NO. Another poster recently said the recruiting issue has been debunked, it hasn't been proven but it hasn't been debunked. If the "PA recruits" issue were a criminal case there isn't enough proof to convict. If it were a civil case it could possibly lose.

The thing that makes a lot of our blood boil is when people post "they win because they work harder" or "they win because of Kelly's genius". Those statement are false. PA is an outstanding football team with outstanding coaches. I myself applaud their success. They work hard (no harder) and have great coaches (like other teams) they are 3 time champs and no one can take that from them. Before we start building statues and hand him the keys to any D1 school let's see if he can work his magic at a public school where you have to work with who lives in the district.

Grond

Quote from: JessieP on October 08, 2017, 11:57:42 am
Ok, I have learned to both respect and appreciate what Kelly has accomplished at PA. Although the vast majority of people realize this thread was started hypothetically there are still many who believe it would be a good idea, give me a break. It's a moronic idea and anyone who knows anything about football or is in a position to make such decisions knows it as well.

Yes, the whole Public school/Private school debate has been discussed ad nauseam but there is one glaring point that has never been refuted or denied. That one point just happens to be what statistically can explain much, not all, of PA's success. That point is lack of boundaries. Kevin Kelly is not handcuffed by district boundaries. The emergence of LRCA is now the proof of the glaring advantage private schools have. The financial advantages have been debated, the recruiting issue has been debated, the lack of limited boundaries cannot be debated. It is a massive advantage. Do you not think that in the area around Nettleton, Valley View and Jonesboro couldn't field a Super Team? if there was a school that had PA's resources, academic respect and wanted to build a football powerhouse, they could match PA's success.
Someone from PA once commented there were players on the team that lived 20 miles from the school, that would allow Wynne to draw some players from Forrest City, you think that would be a force? Batesville has 4 teams within that 20 mile radius.

Just a day or two ago someone ask if Kelly were at Forrest City or Paragould would he be able to achieve the same results? we all know that is a resounding NO. Another poster recently said the recruiting issue has been debunked, it hasn't been proven but it hasn't been debunked. If the "PA recruits" issue were a criminal case there isn't enough proof to convict. If it were a civil case it could possibly lose.

The thing that makes a lot of our blood boil is when people post "they win because they work harder" or "they win because of Kelly's genius". Those statement are false. PA is an outstanding football team with outstanding coaches. I myself applaud their success. They work hard (no harder) and have great coaches (like other teams) they are 3 time champs and no one can take that from them. Before we start building statues and hand him the keys to any D1 school let's see if he can work his magic at a public school where you have to work with who lives in the district.

If this is "football genius", then I am happy to be a moron.

What is sad is that JessieP is illustrating the current view that it is "all about talent". No thought of o-line technique, or defensive stunt choices.

SO, you think NO ONE has ever moved their kid to Batesville to be part of their football program?

Lefefe123#

Quote from: Overdahill on October 07, 2017, 05:29:12 pm
^^ I can't believe some people take seriously the people who take this seriously  ::) I know i don't
You are the type of person that, just because it was always done one way that means that is the right way.  Never say never.  Explore your horizon and take up challenges.  Get off your computer and go get some fresh air or travel the world for that matter.

PressBox-81

He could bring his talent for recruiting big O-lineman as the current staff at the UofA seem to not be able to recruit SEC caliber lineman.  Kelley seems to always have big lineman and this year is no exception but not sure he could withstand the pay cut he would take to leave PA. 

cuckoobird

I see a lot of people saying you can't do this or that because the college game is different. Well, they said that about the high school game until coach Kelly proved them wrong. You play to win, you don't play to not lose

High Voltage

Kelly can't even get a job at a lower tier college, much less an SEC gig. This is laughable. Nick Saban would destroy all these gimmicks. ::) ::) ::)

cuckoobird

High voltage you lost any credibility you might have had when last week before Bert lost "bigly" to USC you claimed the hogs would have victories over them and Alabama

High Voltage

Quote from: cuckoobird on October 09, 2017, 08:02:36 am
High voltage you lost any credibility you might have had when last week before Bert lost "bigly" to USC you claimed the hogs would have victories over them and Alabama
Yeah, because everyone on here is so "Credible". Haha

RZback

Gus was not the HC at Tulsa.  Gus and Kelly had great programs to coach in HS aided by the private school factor.  Gus has since done well but not compared to his Shiloh years.  Kelly would have to deal with teams just or quite possibly more talented and then he will not be the dominant force he currently is.  He would face much better defenses and that would slow down some of his stuff.  I don't think going straight to SEC head coach is good for UA.

PrivateLesson

October 09, 2017, 10:55:19 am #170 Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 11:04:16 am by PrivateLesson
Quote from: JessieP on October 08, 2017, 11:57:42 am

You make the longest winded posts on Fearless....ever.    ;D

Why do wish to see what Kelly can do in the public setting?   A coach is a coach.  It shouldn't make any difference if he is at a private or public school.

People keep forgetting about freedom of choice.   

cuckoobird

I wouldn't say coach Kelly has far better talent than the teams he plays but I will say they are far better disciplined and play like they can be sitting the bench the next week if they don't produce because that's actually what will happen for half hearted efforts

RZback

The discipline is key at a private program, in Arkansas and across the nation.  There are some of the highly rated schools across the country that are private schools and have that same advantage.  Mom and dad expect more, the school leadership can demand more and it carries over to athletics is many cases.  No, I don't think Kelly would be as great at a typical public school.  Put him at a place like Berryville, Cave City, Mansfield  for instance and see what he does.

Mijally2

Quote from: High Voltage on October 09, 2017, 07:27:02 am
Kelly can't even get a job at a lower tier college, much less an SEC gig. This is laughable. Nick Saban would destroy all these gimmicks. ::) ::) ::)
Do you remember how everyone mocked Gus Malzahn?  I do. I think they called him High School". Lol. Then he went to Auburn as OC, gets Cam Newton who won the Heisman and wins the National Championship kicking Saban's tail and Gene Chizik is a great coach. Lol. Malzahn leaves, Chizik loses and gets fired. Malzahn comes back and goes to the National Championship game as head coach.  He was mocked just like you are doing to Kelley.
Kelley should be our new Head Coach. Don't train him to be someone else's like we did Gus Malzahn, Jimmy Johnson, Barry Switzer, etc...

High Voltage

Quote from: Mijally2 on October 10, 2017, 09:33:49 pm
Do you remember how everyone mocked Gus Malzahn?  I do. I think they called him High School". Lol. Then he went to Auburn as OC, gets Cam Newton who won the Heisman and wins the National Championship kicking Saban's tail and Gene Chizik is a great coach. Lol. Malzahn leaves, Chizik loses and gets fired. Malzahn comes back and goes to the National Championship game as head coach.  He was mocked just like you are doing to Kelley.
Kelley should be our new Head Coach. Don't train him to be someone else's like we did Gus Malzahn, Jimmy Johnson, Barry Switzer, etc...
lol, okay and it would be John L Smith all over.

cuckoobird

So, it would be no worse than Bert but paying half the money?  Sounds like a good plan to me

RZback

Malzahn is a good coach, I don't think anybody doubts that but he isn't infallible like some think .  He makes mistakes and he struggles at times like all coaches.  He's had some good and some bad years.

I don't think Kelly needs to go straight to SEC college HC.  Different animal, different job.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas