• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2017 Softball All State Team, All Tournament Team and All Star Teams

Started by sevenof400, May 26, 2017, 08:30:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

sevenof400

Click here for the All State Team

Click here for the All State Tournament Team

Click here for the All Star Team

Eaglemaniac

Is there any kind of award for the All Tournament team? My niece made the 4A team and I was just wondering.

sevenof400

Quote from: Eaglemaniac on May 26, 2017, 05:34:02 pm
Is there any kind of award for the All Tournament team? My niece made the 4A team and I was just wondering.

Obviously, I cannot speak to how every school handles this but when a player earns an award such as All State or All Tournament Team, it is usually the case the school authorizes the student (or their family) to be able to purchase a suitable patch for their varsity jacket.  Some schools may pay for patches like this, others don't - you should check with your school's athletic department to see how such awards are handled.  I can tell you from experience that I have seen athletes with a large number of patches on their varsity jacket as they earn awards over their high school careers.

Such awards can (but are not always) announced at athletic banquets, or placed on a senior's final award at a school as part of their list of achievements (again, your school may handle these things differently).  I'd start with a call, email or visit to your coach(es) and/or athletic director. 

Eaglemaniac

We had the Sports Banquet last night and nothing was mentioned about it when awards were handed out.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas