• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Way too Early Predictions

Started by The Green Arrow, September 20, 2016, 10:30:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The Green Arrow

1. Jonesboro
2. El Dorado
3. Pine Bluff
4. Marion

I will not admit to knowing all that much about some of the programs in the state but I am pretty certain about the top 2 in the 6A. I feel with Parkview out that this class is Jonesboro's to lose. They are the best coached team in this class and have some solid depth with ASU committ Eaton leading the way. Perry/Gafford may be the best 1-2 punch in 6A at El Dorado. Pine Bluff is Pine Bluff. Marion will be young but will have Shaun Doss leading the charge along with the outstanding 6'8" sophomore Timothy Ceasar.

Interested to hear what some of the other schools have coming back and what some of their expectations are.

OB11

Jonesboro may very well be the best coached team in the state, not just the 6A.

ricepig

WM will have a 9th grader move up that some say, will make you say, Malik who??

Chris Moore.

The Green Arrow

IMO OB, Jonesboro is the best coached team in the state.

And rice pig, I have heard the same about this 9th grader. I know WM was down a little last year and really lacked in size, but I expect them to have a pretty good year.

Central Ark

It's hard to say best coached team in the state when so many programs don't have near the talent he has, so you'll never see them win a lot. I do agree that he is a very very good coach though.

Central Ark

Predict the seeds for the conference tournament: 6a west. El Dorado, Lake Hamilton, Siloam, Russellville, Benton, Texarkana, Sheridan, Greenwood

zebrafan

PB returns some players, they will make some noise.

Redwolves8526

Quote from: Central Ark on September 21, 2016, 07:31:52 pm
It's hard to say best coached team in the state when so many programs don't have near the talent he has, so you'll never see them win a lot. I do agree that he is a very very good coach though.

Should have seen his teams at Lonoke. Had some talent. But beat the crap out of teams due to coaching. Jonesboro was not Swift's first rodeo.

Central Ark

I know this. I watched them play.

PatFan

I like Marion's potential as we sit here on October 13.

Their starting five will be very good with sophomores Keyshawn Woods and Timothy Caesar, as well as seniors Kamari Marrs and Shaun Doss.

The fifth spot should be a shooter of some sort, but if they can find one then I think the Pats can compete all year long.

redwolf99

I may be wrong but I think Pine Bluff will surprise a lot of folks this season.

itsslim

Shhhhhhhh let everyone sleep on the zs as usual...........

Burks

Jonesboro
El Dorado
Pine Bluff

Isn't Jacksonville 6A this season? If so don't count out Vic Joyner.

itsslim

zebrafan

November 15, 2016, 09:12:06 pm #14 Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 09:17:26 pm by zebrafan
El Do 76
PB 73

Final.

PB blew a big lead....lost in the final seconds...smh ridiculous how they lost the game...

itsslim

November 16, 2016, 12:12:58 am #15 Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 12:14:49 am by itsslim
Blew a 7 point lead, missed too many easy baskets underneath the basket. Big size advantage for the Wildcats with Gafford being Gafford! Still we were ahead at the end. Got a few calls to go against us, home cooking at it finest!!! No need to hold their heads down, but shoulda beat the [
1 ranked player in Arkansas and his team. I still like this team. Neutral floor we beat this team, just like last march in Russellville. http://webca.st/108927

zebrafan

Quote from: itsslim on November 16, 2016, 12:12:58 am
Blew a 7 point lead, missed too many easy baskets underneath the basket. Big size advantage for the Wildcats with Gafford being Gafford! Still we were ahead at the end. Got a few calls to go against us, home cooking at it finest!!! No need to hold their heads down, but shoulda beat the [
1 ranked player in Arkansas and his team. I still like this team. Neutral floor we beat this team, just like last march in Russellville. http://webca.st/108927
We were ahead in the end but the foolish turnovers killed us...also why were we so set on going to the basket with under 2 to go? pass the ball around and force them to foul...make free throws...which we weren't great at either..also no Perry for the Cats, he would have given them a extra boost. I will say this PB has some shooters though...Morris had his biggest game as a Z thus far....lets get all these painful loses out now lol!

itsslim

Leaders they were trying to get gafford in foul trouble but he wasn't going. Quezzy the truth

itsslim

AHS06

Quote from: Central Ark on September 21, 2016, 07:38:11 pm
Predict the seeds for the conference tournament: 6a west. El Dorado, Lake Hamilton, Siloam, Russellville, Benton, Texarkana, Sheridan, Greenwood
Looks like Texarkana is shaking up this prediction.

The TruthSayer

Quote from: Redwolves8526 on September 22, 2016, 02:48:02 pm
Should have seen his teams at Lonoke. Had some talent. But beat the crap out of teams due to coaching. Jonesboro was not Swift's first rodeo.

2 Finals & 1 Semi and 1 Title at Lonoke, 1 Title & 1 Semi at Hughes, 4 Finals, 1 Title & 1 Semi at Jonesboro! 

The Man Can Coach!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas