• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Official post your 2015 Razorback season record thread.

Started by ricepig, August 21, 2015, 01:32:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

I know Beach has one on predicting all the conference records, but this one is just for the Hogs regular season record.

I've been at 8-4 since the spring practice and while I had considered upping it one game, the loss of JWill has me keeping it at 8-4.

AirWarren

Lionheart88

I'm thinking the same.  8-4.  9-4 after a Bowl win.

AirWarren

All depends on rawleigh Williams and how he emerges.

If a running back is going to bite as a pup, he will bite as a freshman. So we will see.

WPWells

MSHS FAn

Brian G

Proud Buckaroo

I'm going to say 9-3 regular season. With loses to auburn, Alabama, and mizzou.

ricepig

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 21, 2015, 04:34:26 pm
I'm going to say 9-3 regular season. With loses to auburn, Alabama, and mizzou.

Lose two at home, I hope not.

Proud Buckaroo

It's really hard to say. I think we can beat Mizzou at home. We just cannot make the same stupid mistakes as last year. Auburn is a toss up. we looked good against them in the first half last year, but just fell way off the wagon the next half.

Jack1990

AirWarren

I am trying to figure out why people are so upset because of this transfer. This is the type of "star rated" quarterback people have been wanting for years. We get a kid that was committed to bama and left USC. This should be a dream for us!

beach bum

August 21, 2015, 07:50:30 pm #12 Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 08:02:42 pm by beach bum
Dang I am usually the Hog pessimist but I am going to spot us one more than most at 9-3 with losses to Auburn, Alabama, and LSU........ Quite frankly if we did not have the offensive line we had we would be as bad as Kentucky, Florida, or South Carolina IMO. That O-line absolutely is the life vest of this program right now. I don't think that even needs to be said though.

ricepig

Quote from: AirWarren on August 21, 2015, 07:44:16 pm
I am trying to figure out why people are so upset because of this transfer. This is the type of "star rated" quarterback people have been wanting for years. We get a kid that was committed to bama and left USC. This should be a dream for us!

Not according to our now "bant" blogger, basically calling out Bielema for taking him.

beach bum

Quote from: ricepig on August 21, 2015, 07:54:42 pm

Not according to our now "bant" blogger, basically calling out Bielema for taking him.

Agreed, I will take anybody at the QB or WR position for the future. We will always get the RB's and lineman so get the guys to make plays on the outside to go with it...... now lets just hope the basketball team has a couple guys fall into their lap!!

Jack1990

I don't know AW... seems like a great pick up for the Hogs. Ready to see how he does next year.

fastdrop

AirWarren

AirWarren

Proud Buckaroo

AW, Brandon Allen could throw for 5000 yards in one season, and hog fans would cry about him throwing 4 interceptions. I am a diehard hog fan, and I still do not understand it.

fastdrop

Quote from: AirWarren on August 21, 2015, 08:42:46 pm
Quote from: fastdrop on August 21, 2015, 08:29:45 pm
6-6

That is a dream season for Memphis, West Memphis, and ASU.
You must not of been on Hogville last year or rushed the field after the first SEC win after setting the record for the longest SEC losing streak of ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL Time.

6-6 was not picked so I picked it on the RICE PIG OFFICIAL PICK YOUR SEASON RECORD - 7-5 would not shock me.

Looking back at History ---- Dang Pertrino had the ship going in the right direction. I am not sold on Nutt 2 but I do think he can keep you guys around 7 to 8 wins a year avg. WHich allows you guys to act like you are national chumps every year.

AirWarren

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 21, 2015, 09:52:08 pm
AW, Brandon Allen could throw for 5000 yards in one season, and hog fans would cry about him throwing 4 interceptions. I am a diehard hog fan, and I still do not understand it.

That is true. It gets annoying.

Lionheart88

Quote from: fastdrop on August 22, 2015, 07:26:55 am
6-6

You must not of been on Hogville last year or rushed the field after the first SEC win after setting the record for the longest SEC losing streak of ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL Time.

6-6 was not picked so I picked it on the RICE PIG OFFICIAL PICK YOUR SEASON RECORD - 7-5 would not shock me.

Looking back at History ---- Dang Pertrino had the ship going in the right direction. I am not sold on Nutt 2 but I do think he can keep you guys around 7 to 8 wins a year avg. WHich allows you guys to act like you are national chumps every year.
All the offensive records in the world are meaningless if you never even get to the SEC Championship game.  We looked good for a while under Petrino, but it was just a facade.  The program was rotten on the inside.  Bielema will do better than Petrino ever could have.

fastdrop

Quote from: Lionheart88 on August 23, 2015, 03:01:40 am
6-6

All the offensive records in the world are meaningless if you never even get to the SEC Championship game.  We looked good for a while under Petrino, but it was just a facade.  The program was rotten on the inside.  Bielema will do better than Petrino ever could have.
1. 5-7
2. 8-5
3. 10-3
4. 11-2

his 5th year team was was ranked in the pre season top 5 and I know Petrino would of won 10 games with that bunch. Smiley the coach of Alabama tore that team down.

Rotten from the inside - My gosh - Nope. Petrino can coach my friend and he had the players that could make his system work.

Anyway - I will stick to my opinion that Coach B will give you guys 6 to 8 wins a year for a long time. If he is here 10 years I predict 1 or 2 of those years he will get you 9 to 10 wins.

Lionheart88

Petrino was a narcissistic egomaniac.  The program was in dire straights academically, we were averaging an arrest every other month, and in all that time we never finished better than 2nd in the division.  Like I said, the record looks good, but under the pretty exterior it was an ugly situation.

Redwolves8526

7-5 regular season.

Like always, spread teams give Arkansas fits. I see losses to A&M, Auburn, Bama, Ole Miss, and Tennessee. Wins against LSU, Miss State, and Mizzou

ricepig

Quote from: Redwolves8526 on August 24, 2015, 01:27:56 pm
7-5 regular season.

Like always, spread teams give Arkansas fits. I see losses to A&M, Auburn, Bama, Ole Miss, and Tennessee. Wins against LSU, Miss State, and Mizzou

Missed that 30-0 Ole Miss score last year, did ya?

Proud Buckaroo

That 30-0 win was WITH their gunslinger Bo Wallace. Haha.

cuckoobird

Redwolves8526

Quote from: ricepig on August 24, 2015, 01:29:54 pm
7-5 regular season.

Everyone knows Ole Miss was pretty sorry at the end of last year, especially after they lost Treadwell. He bailed out Wallace a lot. Just look at the bowl game with TCU. I know they are good, but there was no way they were 40 points better.

I just don't see Arkansas stopping those fast paced teams this year with the exception of Mizzou and Miss State. Although I wouldn't necessarily say MSU plays as fast as the others.

ricepig

Quote from: Redwolves8526 on August 26, 2015, 08:41:18 am
Quote from: ricepig on August 24, 2015, 01:29:54 pm
7-5 regular season.

Everyone knows Ole Miss was pretty sorry at the end of last year, especially after they lost Treadwell. He bailed out Wallace a lot. Just look at the bowl game with TCU. I know they are good, but there was no way they were 40 points better.

I just don't see Arkansas stopping those fast paced teams this year with the exception of Mizzou and Miss State. Although I wouldn't necessarily say MSU plays as fast as the others.

Well, Alabama had a pretty good receiver last year too, and I think he had two receptions for about 12 yards. We'll know in the next 15 weeks, lol.

DerekOxford

Quote from: fastdrop on August 23, 2015, 06:20:25 am
Quote from: Lionheart88 on August 23, 2015, 03:01:40 am
6-6

1. 5-7
2. 8-5
3. 10-3
4. 11-2

his 5th year team was was ranked in the pre season top 5 and I know Petrino would of won 10 games with that bunch. Smiley the coach of Alabama tore that team down.

Rotten from the inside - My gosh - Nope. Petrino can coach my friend and he had the players that could make his system work.

Anyway - I will stick to my opinion that Coach B will give you guys 6 to 8 wins a year for a long time. If he is here 10 years I predict 1 or 2 of those years he will get you 9 to 10 wins.

Let's revisit the schedule without the motorcycle wreck and see what we come up with. Actual result vs. what Petrino LIKELY would've done.

Jacksonville St. W<W
ULM L<W
Alabama L<L
Rutgers L<W
at Texas A&M L<L
at Auburn W<W
Kentucky W<W
Ole Miss L<W
Tulsa W<W
at S. Carolina L<L
at Mississippi St. L<L
LSU L<W

Petrino would've probably gone 8-4 in 2012. Would've ended the year teetering on Top 25 and most likely would've won a bowl game. Wasn't going to be another 10-2 though, IMO.

Valleysports

Do y'all think Arkansas - Away Games - will be a factor?

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on September 03, 2015, 08:51:06 am
Do y'all think Arkansas - Away Games - will be a factor?

Pretty sure they count as wins or losses the same as home games, you hear something different??

Valleysports

Do you think playing Tenn (in Tenn), Alabama (in Bama), Ole Miss (in Miss), LSU (in La), A&M (in Tex) gives those teams a slight advantage out of the blocks?  Does Arkansas have an advantage over Auburn, Miss St, & Mizzou playing in Fayetteville?  I'm sure a wise prediction would have variables, such as these, factored in.

cuckoobird

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on September 03, 2015, 10:12:43 am
Do you think playing Tenn (in Tenn), Alabama (in Bama), Ole Miss (in Miss), LSU (in La), A&M (in Tex) gives those teams a slight advantage out of the blocks?  Does Arkansas have an advantage over Auburn, Miss St, & Mizzou playing in Fayetteville?  I'm sure a wise prediction would have variables, such as these, factored in.

Not sure any advantage/disadvantage on the aTm game since it's a neutral site, but most sites give you 3.5-6 pts for home field advantage. There was an article with all the preseason lines earlier, I'll try to find it.

beach bum

Quote from: cuckoobird on September 03, 2015, 10:54:22 am
It would be more of an advantage in little rock

That stadium is a dump..... How is having 18,000 less people in a crowd more of an advantage? No one else plays away from campus for the heck of it so why should we lose a home game by having the kids travel from campus when there is no need to.

ricepig

Quote from: beach bum on September 03, 2015, 11:40:32 am

That stadium is a dump..... How is having 18,000 less people in a crowd more of an advantage? No one else plays away from campus for the heck of it so why should we lose a home game by having the kids travel from campus when there is no need to.

Don't feed the troll, he's not even a fan, lol.

cuckoobird

WPWells

Valleysports

Rice just said A&M does...  Doesn't Arkansas / A&M have like a 10 yr contract to play A&M's home games at Jerry World, Ricepig?

cuckoobird

WPWells

Been to games at both within the past two years. Not even close to true

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on September 03, 2015, 12:40:53 pm

Rice just said A&M does...  Doesn't Arkansas / A&M have like a 10 yr contract to play A&M's home games at Jerry World, Ricepig?

Yes, we do, and we will continue playing there.  How is it an advantage of disadvantage in a neutral stadium, split 50/50? aTm will fly to the game, we will fly to the game, no advantage to either team. If we played a home and home, each would have the home field advantage.

Valleysports

Quote from: ricepig on September 03, 2015, 12:55:04 pm

Don't seem like an advantage to me - Arkansas might even have the advantage since Jerry is Alumni Razorback.  Wonder why A&M agreed to it?  Well I guess playing in a professional stadium, with all the exposure etc., is a an opportunity.  At least fun.

Yes, we do, and we will continue playing there.  How is it an advantage of disadvantage in a neutral stadium, split 50/50? aTm will fly to the game, we will fly to the game, no advantage to either team. If we played a home and home, each would have the home field advantage.

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on September 03, 2015, 01:00:03 pm
Quote from: ricepig on September 03, 2015, 12:55:04 pm

Don't seem like an advantage to me - Arkansas might even have the advantage since Jerry is Alumni Razorback.  Wonder why A&M agreed to it?  Well I guess playing in a professional stadium, with all the exposure etc., is a an opportunity.  At least fun.

I didn't say it was an advantage, it's a neutral site with the crowd usually 50/50. I was saying we have a contract and will continue playing there.

Also, here were the lines for all the games back in June.

http://espn.go.com/chalk/story/_/id/13154574/college-football-golden-nugget-releases-cfb-games-year

cuckoobird

PrivateLesson

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas