• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ASU blanketing the STATE!

Started by Lions84, May 10, 2012, 10:40:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Lions84

bleudog

Looks like the Gus Bus is going to be burning some fuel next week:

ARKANSAS STATE HEAD FOOTBALL COACH GUS MALZAHN'S SPEAKING TOUR SCHEDULE:

Tuesday, May 15

Noon:  Searcy, Ark. (First Security Bank, 314 North Spring St.)

2:00 p.m.:  Beebe, Ark. (ASU-Beebe Student Center Cafe)

4:00 p.m.:  Heber Springs, Ark. (ASU-Heber Springs Administration Building/Entergy Room)

7:00 p.m.:  Mountain Home, Ark. (ASU-Mountain Home Community Center Grand Hall)

Wednesday, May 16

9:00 a.m.:  Springdale, Ark. (Cross Church)

10:30 a.m.:  Springdale, Ark. (First Security Bank, 2500 West Sunset)

12:30 p.m.:  Ft. Smith, Ark. (Pendergraft Park, 200 Garrison)

2:30 p.m.:  Russellville, Ark. (Cracker Barrel,  211 East Harrell Drive)

4:30 p.m.:  Conway, Ark. (First Security Bank, 1390 Hwy 64 West)

7:00 p.m.:  Little Rock, Ark. (War Memorial Stadium)

Thursday, May 17

9:00 a.m.:  Bryant, Ark. (First Security Bank, 5619 Hwy 5 North)

11:00 a.m.:  Pine Bluff, Ark. (Harbor Oaks)

2:00 p.m.:  El Dorado, Ark. (Corrine Court, 234 Main St.)

4:00 p.m.:  Fordyce, Ark. (Civic Center)

7:00 p.m.:  Hot Springs, Ark. (Convention Center)

True Believer

Did someone say Craig's???

Gus did what?   All I read was Craig's.   

Smart move.  :)

bleudog

Kind of thought the Gus Bus would be bigger.

ricepig

Quote from: bleudog on May 16, 2012, 01:09:18 pm

It'll hold all the ASU fans.  ;D   

fastdrop

Quote from: ricepig on May 16, 2012, 01:36:21 pm

It'll hold all the ASU fans.  ;D   
We are looking for QUALITY not quantity.

True Believer

Uncle Ivan

Wonder how much tuition funds it cost to fuel Gus' Quixotic ride?

True Believer

Don't know.  Don't care. 

The same blind way the Hog fans are. 

bleudog

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on May 17, 2012, 02:46:24 pm

Well, they made it down south this afternoon. 

Maybe they filled up before they stopped in El Deaux because $3.599 a gallon is probably the highest in the state.  :'(

Lions84

Gus is doing something no one done since Harold Horton was at UCA.

ricepig

Quote from: Lions84 on May 18, 2012, 11:34:39 am

And what is that?

ASU Rugby

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on May 17, 2012, 02:46:24 pm

Obviously zero as it never is, as we have some of the lowest student athletic fees in division one.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: ASU Rugby on May 19, 2012, 04:32:01 pm

Obviously zero as it never is, as we have some of the lowest student athletic fees in division one.

The fact that ASU has one is galling.

"b-b-b-but everyone else financially rapes their students!!11"

ASU Rugby

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on May 24, 2012, 03:49:03 pm

All D-1 schools charge athletic fees. Every single one of them. So do several other schools in the state, including UCA, who charges a higher fee than ASU.

Peety

Quote from: ASU Rugby on May 24, 2012, 10:41:23 pm

All D-1 schools charge athletic fees. Every single one of them. So do several other schools in the state, including UCA, who charges a higher fee than ASU.

Boom! Owned

ricepig

Hmmm..are you sure?

http://www.arkansassports360.com/25681/bahn-student-fees-an-area-arkansas-lags-behind-its-peers-and-thats-a-good-thing

dc24

Quote from: ricepig on May 25, 2012, 07:04:23 pm

Hmmm..are you sure?

http://www.arkansassports360.com/25681/bahn-student-fees-an-area-arkansas-lags-behind-its-peers-and-thats-a-good-thing

It's nice that they do that, but they have to pay to get into games and not all students can get in if they ever sell out.  Correct?

ricepig

Quote from: dc24 on May 26, 2012, 04:02:58 am

Hmmm..are you sure?

It's nice that they do that, but they have to pay to get into games and not all students can get in if they ever sell out.  Correct?

They pay a small fee for an All Access card which lets them into every sporting event. If you choose not to attend these, then you aren't having to pay for them. I think they have around 12,000 seats for football and they seldom use all the ones in the upper south endzone

True Believer

They pay some athletic fee when they pay tution but I never look at it because ALL schools have some sort of fee. I love ASU's smaller campus because you can get to class and not have to hike 2 miles from one to another.  Unless you have that stupid orientation class in the Fowler Center.  What they really need is MORE parking.  But all colleges seem to have that problem also. 

The Health and Wellness Center that was opened, I believe, in 2010 is just awesome.   We toured it after it opened and my son uses it everyday! 

Go Red Wolves. 

ricepig

Sure, all schools have fees, but not all schools have athletic fees, not the same thing.

True Believer

May 26, 2012, 10:06:25 am #21 Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 10:14:03 am by True Believer
Dear Lord.  This is about the stupidest thing that anyone has ever argued about on here.

IQ of lint.

True Believer

It's a beautiful day here in Red Wolves country.  Think I will head to the Farmer's Market across from the Stadium.

Go Red Wolves!

Baitshop

$5 says that it has "curb feelers".....and furry dice hanging from the rearview mirror....

ricepig

Quote from: True Believer on May 26, 2012, 10:06:25 am
Dear Lord.  This is about the stupidest thing that anyone has ever argued about on here.

IQ of lint.

Says the poster who knows they are in the wrong. All students pays education fees, only those who choose to attend sporting events pay at the UofA . In fact, only football and basketball have any small student admission.

Hey, after you fix some vittles, yoi going to do th ironing?  ;D

True Believer

No.  I'm not wrong.  You have just drunk too much kool aid.

True Believer

Quote from: Baitshop on May 26, 2012, 12:22:45 pm

$5 says that it has "curb feelers".....and furry dice hanging from the rearview mirror....

If you ever tax your brain, don't charge more than a penny.  :)

ricepig

Quote from: True Believer on May 26, 2012, 05:22:46 pm
No.  I'm not wrong.  You have just drunk too much kool aid.

Kool aid? You're just trying to deflect the fact that one has an athletic fee and one doesn't. I know I know, the bad ole UofA kept little ole ASU down for years and if they hadn't, ASU would be in the SEC too.

True Believer

I'm sorry that this is the only thing that you can argue about.

Don't you need to go to Walmart or Skinny J's or something?   

True Believer

Welcome to ASU Mark Johnson of Prescott. 

ricepig

Quote from: True Believer on May 26, 2012, 07:04:30 pm
I'm sorry that this is the only thing that you can argue about.

Don't you need to go to Walmart or Skinny J's or something?

Nah, I can argue about many things, especially when I have the facts on my side.   ;)  Just admit that I'm right on the fees and we're good, haha.

Went to WM yesterday, and ate at Godsey's tonight, so I'm good, but thanks for the concern.

dc24

Quote from: ricepig on May 26, 2012, 07:38:01 am

Hmmm..are you sure?

They pay a small fee for an All Access card which lets them into every sporting event. If you choose not to attend these, then you aren't having to pay for them. I think they have around 12,000 seats for football and they seldom use all the ones in the upper south endzone

It's still a fee.  Just another way of getting around it.  Not everyone has to pay, but you still have to if you choose to attend.  I didn't have a problem paying ASU's rather small athletic fee.  If you don't want to pay an athletic fee somewhere then go to another school.  I don't really care.

The fact that you're so against ASU and you're from Jonesboro is just astounding.  Take ASU away from Jonesboro and what is that area?  You think it's better off or something? 

Go post on your own threads and let the Red Wolves fans talk here.

True Believer

Quote from: dc24 on May 26, 2012, 08:10:24 pm

Hmmm..are you sure?

It's still a fee.  Just another way of getting around it.  Not everyone has to pay, but you still have to if you choose to attend.  I didn't have a problem paying ASU's rather small athletic fee.  If you don't want to pay an athletic fee somewhere then go to another school.  I don't really care.

The fact that you're so against ASU and you're from Jonesboro is just astounding.  Take ASU away from Jonesboro and what is that area?  You think it's better off or something? 

And there we go.   :)

ricepig

Hmmm..are you sure?

Hey, all I pointed out was that not every school has an athletic fee as was quoted. Then, some got defensive and changed their story on all fees.

I appreciate ASU, they allow us to have staff and customers at our area businesses, but they have no effect on my work or income. I probably have attended twice as many games as either FD or TB, but I don't allow BS to ne put out without a retort.

fastdrop

Quote from: ricepig on May 27, 2012, 08:09:44 am

Hmmm..are you sure?

Hey, all I pointed out was that not every school has an athletic fee as was quoted. Then, some got defensive and changed their story on all fees.

I appreciate ASU, they allow us to have staff and customers at our area businesses, but they have no effect on my work or income. I probably have attended twice as many games as either FD or TB, but I don't allow BS to ne put out without a retort.
I bet RP attends even more ASU games this year.... LOL

ricepig

Quote from: fastdrop on May 27, 2012, 08:54:56 am

Hmmm..are you sure?

I bet RP attends even more ASU games this year.... LOL

Haven't looked at the comparative schedules as KO times haven't been set, I'll probably hit my usual two games. It depends on how many all access passes I get from you, I have my standards, you know.

True Believer

Not everyone has a mommy or daddy to support them and send them off to other colleges so ASU is very important for this area.  I have to support myself as I don't have mommy or daddy around. 

I'm proud to be a Red Wolves alum and if some people didn't act like such pinheads about it then put downs wouldn't be necessary.

I will continue to make remarks to idiots.   I've only just begun. 

Go Red Wolves and good luck this year!!!!!

ricepig

Quote from: True Believer on May 27, 2012, 10:16:21 am
Not everyone has a mommy or daddy to support them and send them off to other colleges so ASU is very important for this area.  I have to support myself as I don't have mommy or daddy around. 

I'm proud to be a Red Wolves alum and if some people didn't act like such pinheads about it then put downs wouldn't be necessary.

You need to check tuition fees, it ain't the cheapest at ASU. I feel the same need to respond to idiotic posts too!

Smithian

That's one HOWL of a campaign by Gus!!!

True Believer

Quote from: ricepig on May 27, 2012, 10:53:00 am

You need to check tuition fees, it ain't the cheapest at ASU. I feel the same need to respond to idiotic posts too!

Yes.  We cost more so we must be better.   Because you keep posting on this thread just proves to us that ASU must be better. 

Keep talking.  Someday you might say something intelligent.

dc24

Hmmm..are you sure?

Well you can always correct someone without being a tool.  That's what you come off as almost every time when you post about ASU.  I don't know if you mean to or not, but just letting you know.

ricepig

Quote from: dc24 on May 27, 2012, 07:04:18 pm

Hmmm..are you sure?

Well you can always correct someone without being a tool.  That's what you come off as almost every time when you post about ASU.  I don't know if you mean to or not, but just letting you know.

I've always heard that it takes one to know one, my friend.

dc24

Quote from: ricepig on May 27, 2012, 07:13:47 pm
Quote from: dc24 on May 27, 2012, 07:04:18 pm

Hmmm..are you sure?

I've always heard that it takes one to know one, my friend.

Well I may come off as a tool on message boards at times too, but I'm not doing it on purpose.  Just don't understand your disdain for ASU.

ricepig

I think you misinterpret my jousting with TB and FD as a lack of "love" for ASU, it's truly noted that I'm an alum of the UofA and will support them against moronic posts. I don't start these threads, but I won't let them go unchallenged either.

Peety

Word is surfacing that Malzahn has a promised $35 million from boosters to start building a new indoor facility. It will be built where the soccer field is now, and should start construction at the end of next summer.

This is huge news for ASU. I'm trusting my reliable sources here. Haven't been wrong before. Looks like Malzahn has been doing some work!

ricepig

Quote from: Peety on May 29, 2012, 09:18:57 am
Word is surfacing that Malzahn has a promised $35 million from boosters to start building a new indoor facility. It will be built where the soccer field is now, and should start construction at the end of next summer.

This is huge news for ASU. I'm trusting my reliable sources here. Haven't been wrong before. Looks like Malzahn has been doing some work!

Got about $20 mil of that pledged over a period of time, will have to issue a bond to start construction in the mean time. It, and some stadium renovations are much needed.

ricepig

Quote from: True Believer on May 27, 2012, 12:04:07 pm
Quote from: ricepig on May 27, 2012, 10:53:00 am

Yes.  We cost more so we must be better.   Because you keep posting on this thread just proves to us that ASU must be better. 

Keep talking.  Someday you might say something intelligent.

Well, we won't have to worry about you posting something intelligent.  ;D

Lions84

May 29, 2012, 11:24:28 am #47 Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 11:27:26 am by Lions84
Quote from: ricepig on May 19, 2012, 11:50:54 am
Quote from: Lions84 on May 18, 2012, 11:34:39 am
And what is that?

Going all over to find kids to play from small schools.    As Ken Hatfield told Kerry Owens we would have never recruited you if you had stayed at Clarendon.  He transfered to Stuttgart for his SR and played 4 years for the Hogs.

Hoghead

2nd teir of the ASU Tour of the State includes trips to.
Prarrie Grove
Gentry
Greenland
Moutainburg
Paris
Mena
Booneville
Jessieville
Eudora
Strong
Cherry Valley
Gosnell
Dermot
Fulton
McNab
Village
Stephens
Waldo
Saratoga
Waterloo
Rosston
England
Marvell
Wilmot
Madison
Pangburn
Pratville
Dogpatch
St.Joe
Flippin
Ash Flat
Berryville
Corning
Marked Tree

Talent is everywhere for ASU !!!!!!!!!!!!!

luvthegame

Quote from: Hoghead on July 03, 2012, 02:35:58 am
2nd teir of the ASU Tour of the State includes trips to.
Prarrie Grove
Gentry
Greenland
Moutainburg
Paris
Mena
Booneville
Jessieville
Eudora
Strong
Cherry Valley
Gosnell
Dermot
Fulton
McNab
Village
Stephens
Waldo
Saratoga
Waterloo
Rosston
England
Marvell
Wilmot
Madison
Pangburn
Pratville
Dogpatch
St.Joe
Flippin
Ash Flat
Berryville
Corning
Marked Tree

Talent is everywhere for ASU !!!!!!!!!!!!!
+ 1.  That's funny right there.   You think he might sign Lil Abner & the Schmoo while at Dogpatch?  Of course the younger ones wont know what I'm talking about.  I do respect the hard work though.  I wish ASU good luck and support them.  Go Hogs.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas