• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Carlisle @ Des Arc

Started by Pick_DA_EAGLES, September 22, 2018, 08:44:06 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Des Arc scored a lot of points on Marvell and the first team defense shut them out. with that being said, we played sloppy, 5 turnovers, will have to clean that up to beat Carlisle. regardless of Carlisles record, they always play Des Arc tough. Carlisle is coming off an embarrassing loss to Hazen, so you would think they would come in fired up.

I will go with the Eagles in a hard fought game.

EAGLE PRIDE!!!!

who-knew

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on September 22, 2018, 08:44:06 am
Des Arc scored a lot of points on Marvell and the first team defense shut them out. with that being said, we played sloppy, 5 turnovers, will have to clean that up to beat Carlisle. regardless of Carlisles record, they always play Des Arc tough. Carlisle is coming off an embarrassing loss to Hazen, so you would think they would come in fired up.

I will go with the Eagles in a hard fought game.

EAGLE PRIDE!!!!

This should be a close one in my opinion after watching both teams play. I think Carlisle pulls it out late 16-14.

Sonofasonofasailor

Quote from: who-knew on September 22, 2018, 08:53:24 am
This should be a close one in my opinion after watching both teams play. I think Carlisle pulls it out late 16-14.

Carlisle has scored 32 point for the entire season so unless DA helps with turnovers or other mistakes, scoring 16 will be a challenge.

Hasbeen92

If des arc  doesn't overlook in anticipation of following week game with hazen they win going away

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: who-knew on September 22, 2018, 08:53:24 am

Carlisle may win, but I do not believe they can hold des arc to just 2 scores.

Old Scrapper

Unfortunately for Carlisle I think this could be back to back weeks of losing by about the same score.

who-knew

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on September 22, 2018, 09:13:07 am
Carlisle may win, but I do not believe they can hold des arc to just 2 scores.

They may not hold them to 2 scores but it should be close game. Even though I do not like Carlisle I still think they pull it out late. Could be wrong since we are talking about teenagers.

bigworm

Eagles 32
Bizen 6

I know this game has been close in recent years but i dont think it will be this year.

jbtiger73

Actually met Des Arc's coach this past Friday. Done his internet install. Very cool customer.

Lumberjackfan1978

hornetfan8

haven't seen either team but have read where DA plays sloppy most weeks. If DA gets caught looking at the Hornets instead of the bison they could be upset. But I think des Arc wins going away 46-6

Ventman

RabAlumni

Des Arc - 40   Carlisle - 0

tigerblood

Boys I've been sitting on the porch here in the 72021 singing the Eagle fight song for two days. It was interrupted when I ran out of Nattys and Marlboros. Had to run up town real quick, but now I am back! I've been waiting on this matchup for two weeks. Maybe them Des Arc boys will bust outta that blow up thing carrying ole glory, ready to Indian hunt some Bison like the good ole days in the US of A! I just wonder what Old Houdini Widener is conjuring up this week in his kettle of mystical potions....

Old Scrapper

Quote from: tigerblood on September 24, 2018, 12:02:36 pm
Boys I've been sitting on the porch here in the 72021 singing the Eagle fight song for two days. It was interrupted when I ran out of Nattys and Marlboros. Had to run up town real quick, but now I am back! I've been waiting on this matchup for two weeks. Maybe them Des Arc boys will bust outta that blow up thing carrying ole glory, ready to Indian hunt some Bison like the good ole days in the US of A! I just wonder what Old Houdini Widener is conjuring up this week in his kettle of mystical potions....
He needs to be practicing his trick plays to make sure they work in game situations, he made need it in 2 weeks to move the ball.

brown2010

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Old Scrapper on September 24, 2018, 12:48:33 pm
He needs to be practicing his trick plays to make sure they work in game situations, he made need it in 2 weeks to move the ball.

We don't have any trick plays....... ::) ::) ::)

Old Scrapper

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on September 24, 2018, 04:00:20 pm
We don't have any trick plays....... ::) ::) ::)
Yes they do! The fake punt I'm sure will get used at least once.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Old Scrapper on September 24, 2018, 04:14:14 pm
Yes they do! The fake punt I'm sure will get used at least once.

what is this punt thing you speak of? much less a fake one. ;D ;D

Old Scrapper

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on September 24, 2018, 04:24:33 pm
LOL! I just remember his tricks from before.

Hornet68

[quote author =pick_DA_EAGLES link=topic=156880.msg3621567#msg3621567 date=1537824273]
[/quote]
Last year when Des Arc played hazen Des arc learned real quick what a punt was ;D

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Kinda like Hazen the 2 years prior to that one? Or 10 of the last 14?  ;D

Hasbeen92

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on September 24, 2018, 08:23:39 pm
Kinda like Hazen the 2 years prior to that one? Or 10 of the last 14?  ;D
Soon to be 10 of last 18

Bearden_Bear72

I think Des Arc will take this one by two touchdowns.  Carlisle seems down further then I seen in a while.

Hornet68

There's been many good games between D'arc and hazen in the last 15 years also some lopsided ones too though😂 I think Carlisle will surprise des arc in this game they are big up front, but I think Des arc is more talented and pulls away in the second half for sure

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Hornet68 on September 24, 2018, 10:50:17 pm
There's been many good games between D'arc and hazen in the last 15 years also some lopsided ones too though😂 I think Carlisle will surprise des arc in this game they are big up front, but I think Des arc is more talented and pulls away in the second half for sure

There have been good games with Hazen and Carlisle for as long as I can remember. Probably always will be, until they build a Prairie county school and D.A. and Hazen merge.

I'm not sure Carlisles lines are bigger than Des Arc's. We are pretty good size.

Lions84

Greenies Large over the Bison

Hawgpilot

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on September 25, 2018, 08:25:29 am
There have been good games with Hazen and Carlisle for as long as I can remember. Probably always will be, until they build a Prairie county school and D.A. and Hazen merge.

I'm not sure Carlisles lines are bigger than Des Arc's. We are pretty good size.

After seeing them a few times, do you still believe they have one of the best lines in 2A?

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Hawgpilot on September 25, 2018, 08:17:02 pm
After seeing them a few times, do you still believe they have one of the best lines in 2A?

Who des arc? Yes when they are all healthy.  We have not been 100% since England game. I'm not sure we will be this week either. I know we lost a skill position/d.b. for the year against Bauxite. But we may have all our lineman back this week, or we could be without our starting tight end.

Hasbeen92

I heard des arc brought their weights and worked out before bauxite game never heard of doing that but I like it never a bad to lift weights in my opinion

Pick_DA_EAGLES

September 26, 2018, 06:36:24 am #30 Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 09:11:04 am by pick_DA_EAGLES
Quote from: Hasbeen92 on September 25, 2018, 09:48:41 pm
I heard des arc brought their weights and worked out before bauxite game never heard of doing that but I like it never a bad to lift weights in my opinion

They did that when we played England, I dont think we did it at Bauxite. They do it before practice. So they are used to it. All they did was power clean.

was just informed that the team power cleans before EVERY game and practice. EAGLE STRONG!

Old Scrapper

Quote from: Hasbeen92 on September 25, 2018, 09:48:41 pm
A lot of teams are doing that these days. I think it's great.

i40traveler

Quote from: Old Scrapper on September 26, 2018, 10:11:52 am
A lot of teams are doing that these days. I think it's great.

I think its weird

Bearden_Bear72

Quote from: i40traveler on September 26, 2018, 10:29:48 am
I think its weird

I never heard of anything like that.  I would think that would be too big of risk.  I know they are not maxing out but still. 

RabAlumni

Quote from: Bearden_Bear72 on September 26, 2018, 10:35:43 am
I never heard of anything like that.  I would think that would be too big of risk.  I know they are not maxing out but still.

Getting on the bus is a risk too, should that not do that?   This is just something for the kids honestly, but the Coach over there knows how to motivate his crew. It's also very psychological to look over there as the opponent and see these grown boys doing these with ease thinking you are about 30 minutes away from lining up across that.  It very well could get in some players heads for sure!

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Bearden_Bear72 on September 26, 2018, 10:35:43 am

whats the risk?

highway79

des arc wins by as many as they feel like

tigerblood

Shoot man, I woke up today after my two day run and let me tell you I was fired up. Then I realized it was just Wednesday. Oh well, I am ready for some football in Prairie County on Friday night! Hopefully I will get to see @pick_DA_EAGLES. I'll be wearin overalls, a white cut off that says 'these colors dont run', and boots. I am gunna try to get ole Houdini Widener to sign my Make America Great Again Hat before he starts patrolling the sidelines.

Been lookin in to this years team and I think its gunna be a victory for the boys in green! They got some big cheeto eaters on the front line and im tellin ya they are stout. I look for Big Brian 'The Wall' Paschal to break out his turnover dance, and hold the Bison to 17. Him and his bearded boy wonder Martin Guthrie to aid him. Then about mid fourth quarter Houdini Widener rides in on a white horse, Stone Cold's two nattys and puts the offense in overdrive to score 35. I am about 90% if Houdini fights as well as he calls plays he might be able to put an end to communism. Des Arc 35-17 boys!

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: tigerblood on September 26, 2018, 11:50:31 am
Shoot man, I woke up today after my two day run and let me tell you I was fired up. Then I realized it was just Wednesday. Oh well, I am ready for some football in Prairie County on Friday night! Hopefully I will get to see @pick_DA_EAGLES. I'll be wearin overalls, a white cut off that says 'these colors dont run', and boots. I am gunna try to get ole Houdini Widener to sign my Make America Great Again Hat before he starts patrolling the sidelines.

Been lookin in to this years team and I think its gunna be a victory for the boys in green! They got some big cheeto eaters on the front line and im tellin ya they are stout. I look for Big Brian 'The Wall' Paschal to break out his turnover dance, and hold the Bison to 17. Him and his bearded boy wonder Martin Guthrie to aid him. Then about mid fourth quarter Houdini Widener rides in on a white horse, Stone Cold's two nattys and puts the offense in overdrive to score 35. I am about 90% if Houdini fights as well as he calls plays he might be able to put an end to communism. Des Arc 35-17 boys!

I will be there, wearing a green shirt and no hair.

RabAlumni

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on September 26, 2018, 12:17:54 pm

That's 3/4th's of Des Arc is it not?

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Old Scrapper

I don't think anyone will let the weight lifting get in there head or intimidate,

Hasbeen92

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on September 26, 2018, 06:36:24 am
They did that when we played England, I dont think we did it at Bauxite. They do it before practice. So they are used to it. All they did was power clean.

was just informed that the team power cleans before EVERY game and practice. EAGLE STRONG!
My kids go to bauxite and they said they did but they're kids didn't ask coach Patton

Hasbeen92

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on September 26, 2018, 12:17:54 pm

I'll be there in purple under armour but it will be on outside not under

tigerblood

September 27, 2018, 10:46:23 am #44 Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 10:59:42 am by tigerblood
THIS JUST IN... heard from some sources that DC Brian 'The Wall' Paschal was on a quick deep sea fishin trip this weekend. A buddy of mine said the cops got involved and 'The Wall' was taken in to custody. Kinda like my ex wife was just before we got remarried. Anyway, this could effect the game for the boys in green. Im just sitting here working on number four trying to decided if the eagles can over come this story. Im sure I will have an answer by number six or seven. Stay tuned. Houdini may need to conjure up something extra strong if its true. Here's a picture from the scene of the crime

http://i.imgur.com/89DcD93.jpg

Da Truff

Quote from: tigerblood on September 27, 2018, 10:46:23 am
THIS JUST IN... heard from some sources that DC Brian 'The Wall' Paschal was on a quick deep sea fishin trip this weekend. A buddy of mine said the cops got involved and 'The Wall' was taken in to custody. Kinda like my ex wife was just before we got remarried. Anyway, this could effect the game for the boys in green. Im just sitting here working on number four trying to decided if the eagles can over come this story. Im sure I will have an answer by number six or seven. Stay tuned. Houdini may need to conjure up something extra strong if its true. Here's a picture from the scene of the crime

This is good stuff!!

Hasbeen92

Quote from: tigerblood on September 27, 2018, 10:46:23 am

This is very funny stuff not sure of relativity but comical enjoy the enthusiasm of tigerblood I'm also a trump supporter (Trump 2020) # make America great again no checks for not working unless unable to work physically

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Its GAME DAY!

That was a good jr high game last night, now on to the big boys!

EAGLE PRIDE!

i40traveler

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on September 28, 2018, 08:21:29 am
Its GAME DAY!

That was a good jr high game last night, now on to the big boys!

EAGLE PRIDE!

who won?

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas