• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Booneville Wins 700th Game

Started by Brian G, October 17, 2017, 09:50:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian G

beach bum

With the style they have played along the years there have been lots of poor kids sore on Saturday mornings from playing those Bearcats down on Hwy 10 if they are in the 700 club now.... Always respected the Booneville program!

Brian G

I was born in Booneville but moved to Fayetteville when I was one.  Been in Fayetteville ever since.

Both parents and all of my grandparents grew up and went to school in Booneville.  With many cousins playing, I've probably seen 50+ Bearcat games over the years.  Most in the 70's and 80's. Saw lots of good games.  Always remember the shoe polish "Win State" markings on windows all through downtown.

Lots of tradition there.

AirWarren

Congrats to those Bearcats.

Highly respected program in Warren.

Jabali

Thirty two Conference Championships, eighteen State Semis, eight State Finals, three time State Champions and are almost always the smallest cat in the fight.

gold45

Very proud to know my Dad, uncles, brothers, and nephews have a small part in that history.

HorseFeathers

Did I see that they sent a program record with 260 yards passing a couple weeks ago, against Dover?

AirWarren

Quote from: Jabali on October 18, 2017, 08:06:32 pm
Thirty two Conference Championships, eighteen State Semis, eight State Finals, three time State Champions and are almost always the smallest cat in the fight.

As one of the old Bearcats on here used to say.

All for one. One for All. Bearcats all the way!

2013.....friggin BOONEVILLE!!!!

gold45

Quote from: AirWarren on October 18, 2017, 09:02:59 pm
As one of the old Bearcats on here used to say.

All for one. One for All. Bearcats all the way!

2013.....friggin BOONEVILLE!!!!

Will never forget that game.  Longest game in history!! 

Lumberjackfan1978

October 18, 2017, 09:12:33 pm #9 Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 10:29:39 pm by Lumberjackfan1978
A program with lots of tradition those Bearcats are tough

PrivateLesson

Congratulations.

A very tradition rich program.  I would say that you could mention Booneville Bearcats anywhere in this state and people will know of them. 

I have family that has and will say that Booneville Is Football.   Not many teams will beat the Bearcats.....better pack your lunch if you are going to try.  :)

FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48

Have always admired the Booneville program and what they represent.  Their players have a passion for the game of football, a desire to be the best, devotion to their craft and relentless pursuit to not be out worked.  In most match-ups, especially come play-off time, they are 9 times out of 10 "out-manned" as far as athletic ability, but 9 times out of 10, they find a way to win--and you simply have to respect that.

Warren has been fortunate (or unfortunate in the case of 2013) to face off against those Bearcats in the title game twice and even in the loss, they earned the respect of the Warren fan base.  The 2001 title game will be etched in my memory forever as the single greatest high school football game I've ever had the privilege of watching.  Two opposing offensive philosophies, two dynamic styles, athletes all over the field in both Orange and Black and Purple and Gold.  Great coaching, dedicated fan bases that seemingly willed their teams to the next big play--it had it all.  Not to mention it is still also the coldest football game I've ever attended.....

Much respect Booneville from this Lumberjack.  Hope to see our program accomplish the same feat one day. 

-Kyle

nastynice

Quote from: FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48 on October 18, 2017, 10:39:05 pm
Have always admired the Booneville program and what they represent.  Their players have a passion for the game of football, a desire to be the best, devotion to their craft and relentless pursuit to not be out worked.  In most match-ups, especially come play-off time, they are 9 times out of 10 "out-manned" as far as athletic ability, but 9 times out of 10, they find a way to win--and you simply have to respect that.

Warren has been fortunate (or unfortunate in the case of 2013) to face off against those Bearcats in the title game twice and even in the loss, they earned the respect of the Warren fan base.  The 2001 title game will be etched in my memory forever as the single greatest high school football game I've ever had the privilege of watching.  Two opposing offensive philosophies, two dynamic styles, athletes all over the field in both Orange and Black and Purple and Gold.  Great coaching, dedicated fan bases that seemingly willed their teams to the next big play--it had it all.  Not to mention it is still also the coldest football game I've ever attended.....

Much respect Booneville from this Lumberjack.  Hope to see our program accomplish the same feat one day. 

-Kyle

You're right. Booneville rarely ever has the edge on size, speed or athletes. But we've always been quick, disciplined, physically strong and aggressive. We've had an outstanding LL program with great volunteer coaches who get the kids off to a great start. They run the same 4-5 plays with the same blocking schemes as the jr/sr high. By the time they get to that level it's like clock work to them. The more simple you can keep it, the more aggressive they can be. No second guessing themselves.

Booneville has only had 1 Div 1 player that I can think of, and that was A State back in the mid 90s. We've never had very many A+ players but we've had tons of hard working, strong, determined B players.  I don't know if we've ever had more than 40 on a team, usually 30-35 every year.

Keep it simple, play smart and be aggressive with lots of heart, that's BOONEVILLE BEARCAT FOOTBALL!

BTW Kyle, his knee was down! Lol.

cuckoobird

Sigmund Sauer

Quote from: cuckoobird on October 19, 2017, 07:42:09 am
Is this JV or what?
+1 bahahaha, well Ozark JV no longer even fields a team so it's time for someone to step up!

Danvillegrad77

Didn't go to school at Booneville, but I had a hand in 2 of those wins.   :( :( :(

Lizard47

Quote from: Danvillegrad77 on October 19, 2017, 12:55:46 pm
Didn't go to school at Booneville, but I had a hand in 2 of those wins.   :( :( :(

Well that's true for a lot of us ain't it? Lol

Danvillegrad77

Quote from: Lizard47 on October 19, 2017, 08:20:11 pm
Well that's true for a lot of us ain't it? Lol
Ain't that the truth.  won once and lost convincingly twice.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas