• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Autumn Humes Transfers to University of Kentucky

Started by The Green Arrow, August 29, 2017, 07:45:35 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The Green Arrow

Autumn Humes, graduate of Bald Knob in 2016, has now transferred from Harding University to University of Kentucky. I am very glad to see her transfer out of Harding to somewhere where I believe she can reach her full potential. Best of luck to her.

http://www.ukathletics.com/news/2017/8/22/kentucky-softball-adds-transfer-autumn-humes-to-pitching-staff.aspx

Redwolves8526

Why did she go to Harding in the first place? And how is she already eligible to play? Just curious.

I always thought it was odd that she choose Harding. Everyone knew she was a D-1, SEC type of player from the get go. She dominated at Harding.

beach bum

Quote from: Redwolves8526 on August 29, 2017, 10:23:09 am
Why did she go to Harding in the first place? And how is she already eligible to play? Just curious.

I always thought it was odd that she choose Harding. Everyone knew she was a D-1, SEC type of player from the get go. She dominated at Harding.

I did not think you had to sit out when transferring up or down a level.... I know they sit out DI to another DI but I believe in all sports they are able to play right away when switching levels up or down. I might be wrong that you can't in every situation of that nature.

Hef

In softball they don't have to sit out at all, regardless of what level they are going to or from.

beach bum

Quote from: Hef on August 29, 2017, 07:47:24 pm
In softball they don't have to sit out at all, regardless of what level they are going to or from.

Thank you for the clarification.... I wish they would all allow players one free transfer like that in every sport mens or womens. Coaches get to leave at the drop of a hat. I believe players deserve one shot. At least they have it right in softball.

WHITEchicken

Good for her. She is one of the best players I have seen.

jacosportsfreak

September 02, 2017, 11:25:36 am #6 Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 11:58:21 am by jacosportsfreak
Quote from: Hef on August 29, 2017, 07:47:24 pm

I don't believe that's how it works.  I think if they go down in classification or laterally, they have to sit out a year.

NEASPORTSFAN

Heat13

Generally you do not have to sit for transferring from D1 to D1 or others divisions.  You request a release from your current school and if that is granted you are free to transfer without sitting; however, there are some with conference rules....if you transfer from SEC to SEC you must sit one year.  SEC to other D1 you do not have to sit for example. 

Autumn is a great kid and I wish her a lot of luck and will be pulling for her.

Redwolves8526

Heat13

Quote from: Redwolves8526 on September 05, 2017, 10:39:31 am
Has Arkansas ever been good in softball?

most likely depends on one's definition of "good"....during the 2017 season they were ranked at times in the top 25 and also received votes in the final rankings of the year and included a trip to the ncaa's with a 5-3 loss to the eventual national champion Oklahoma

Cardsfan25

An example of a D1 player transferring to another D1 program is the situation when Paine Lowery transferred to OU and didn't have to sit out.

vtown1

Quote from: jacosportsfreak on September 02, 2017, 11:25:36 am

I don't believe that's how it works.  I think if they go down in classification or laterally, they have to sit out a year.

This is straight from a D1 softball coaches mouth about a player that transferred in from another D1 to play for him, I asked him while my daughter and I were on campus for a visit. "In softball you get one transfer without having to sit, regardless of if it's lateral, down, or up in division."

Runfastturnleft

Quote from: vtown1 on September 17, 2017, 02:59:15 pm
This is straight from a D1 softball coaches mouth about a player that transferred in from another D1 to play for him, I asked him while my daughter and I were on campus for a visit. "In softball you get one transfer without having to sit, regardless of if it's lateral, down, or up in division."

One time transfer in softball.  Second time you sit.   It's because it's not a head count sport like basketball or football.  It's a equivalency sport.... For what that's worth

IAFLAR7

Always wondered why she went to Harding.
Real question is how does Arkansas let her slip away?

The Green Arrow

Humes delivers a no hitter in her first start for UK.

Redwolves8526

Anyone see her close the door on #1 seed Oregon last night?!

WHITEchicken

Cardsfan25

Does anyone know why she didn't go Division 1 right out of high school?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas