• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A Lonoke at 2A Carlisle

Started by HoopKing, December 16, 2017, 12:24:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HoopKing

All 4 teams play starting at 4 p.m.  I am going to go out on a limb and say the only competitive game is senior girls!  I am thinking Lonoke by 5.

Sonofasonofasailor

Quote from: HoopKing on December 16, 2017, 12:24:40 pm
All 4 teams play starting at 4 p.m.  I am going to go out on a limb and say the only competitive game is senior girls!  I am thinking Lonoke by 5.

I heard Lonoke SG won by 15 after trailing at the end of 3Q. What happened in the 4Q?   

HoopKing

Carlisle missed some easy shots early and then started Turing the ball over.  The pressure finally got to them.  They handled it well for 3 quarters.  The final score does really indicate how good of a game it was. 

Sonofasonofasailor

Quote from: HoopKing on December 17, 2017, 07:56:22 am
Carlisle missed some easy shots early and then started Turing the ball over.  The pressure finally got to them.  They handled it well for 3 quarters.  The final score does really indicate how good of a game it was.

Bigger school likely had more depth but those issues point to fatigue.  Physical fatigue leads to mental fatigue, a page right out of the Nolan Richardson playbook.

HoopKing

I was a little skeptical of carlisle but I think they are a top 5 2a team when they are on.

Bildo

December 17, 2017, 12:08:09 pm #5 Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 12:17:30 pm by Bildo
Great article on the game on Lonoke County Sports Report

Lonoke's lead was two points with 3 minutes and some change left in the game.

Sonofasonofasailor

Quote from: Bildo on December 17, 2017, 12:08:09 pm
Great article on the game on Lonoke County Sports Report

Lonoke's lead was two points with 3 minutes and some change left in the game.

That really sounds like they were on empty down the stretch.  Maybe a little more substitution in the first half or a few more gassers at the end a practice.

Bildo

One of the issues is that 4 of our players (2 starters) were at the State Cheer competition in Hot Springs that afternoon. They made it back in time to play but that was a factor. No excuse but it did play a role, I thought

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas