• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Newport vs Rivercrest

Started by Gr3yhounds, October 16, 2017, 08:21:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ISU7

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on October 19, 2017, 02:11:38 pm
Haven't seen Hooks since he was at rivercrest but I do like and respect what he has done. However, not near enough to want or be pleased with a seminole victory.
I said I would be happy for Coach Hooks .👈👈👈👈

ISU7

Coltfan2005

I would be shocked if there is not an Osceola/Rivercrest game next year. I think Piggott and Newport should be looking for a non-conf match with the Colts also. Piggott coach has showed interest in picking up tougher teams in non-conf.

ISU7

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on October 19, 2017, 04:23:16 pm
I would be shocked if there is not an Osceola/Rivercrest game next year. I think Piggott and Newport should be looking for a non-conf match with the Colts also. Piggott coach has showed interest in picking up tougher teams in non-conf.
Exactly...#money making game ;)

DogCatcher

I heard this morning that Newport handed the colts their first lose in jr high football in 9 years.

redandgray

Quote from: DogCatcher on October 20, 2017, 12:02:37 pm
I heard this morning that Newport handed the colts their first lose in jr high football in 9 years.
It wasn't their first loss in 9 years....the Jr. High had won 8 straight conference championships though.  Congrats to Newport.

DogCatcher

Quote from: redandgray on October 20, 2017, 12:10:16 pm
It wasn't their first loss in 9 years....the Jr. High had won 8 straight conference championships though.  Congrats to Newport.
Impressive run, shows why their varsity team is always good too.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: PermaBan on October 19, 2017, 02:43:06 am
Doesn't Newport live stream their games? If so can someone post a link?

for me, limks are either hot dogs or pieces of a chaim. However, I do know newport cable channel 15.

Coltfan2005

not sure who calls the defensive plays for the Colts but so far tonight he is getting schooled by Newport's off coordinator. I'm sure that adjustments will be made but...

Coltfan2005

Apparently Newport read my advice that they had to go to the pass game. Just a shame Rivercrest wasn't prepared for it. Colt coaches are totally out of step.

DogCatcher

Newport 28
Rivercrest 0 halftime
Colts only have 1 first down

FoxandHound34

Must be in Newport if Crest is losing like this. Refs won't let them lose at the patch

ISU7

Quote from: FoxandHound34 on October 20, 2017, 08:09:55 pm
Must be in Newport if Crest is losing like this. Refs won't let them lose at the patch
Crest has loss several games at the patch. Stop crying and enjoy the moment even if you win tonight you still a game behind the Colts. 😷😂

FoxandHound34

Not a Newport fan didn't make the connection at first lol

DogCatcher

panther07

Score? Board still says 28-0

501Arkansas

October 20, 2017, 09:04:32 pm #66 Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 09:07:35 pm by 501Arkansas

Bwana

October 20, 2017, 09:15:39 pm #67 Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 09:21:38 pm by Bwana
Newport 28
Crest 14       FINAL

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Bwana on October 20, 2017, 09:15:39 pm
Newport 28
Crest 14       2:46 left, Newport with the ball..
Looks to be the upset of the week. Especially now that JC has taken the lead from Smackover.

DogCatcher

Newport plays like that in the playoffs and they will upset some people.

redandgray

Congrats to Newport. They simply outplayed us. We came out flat and unprepared.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: redandgray on October 20, 2017, 09:52:08 pm
Congrats to Newport. They simply outplayed us. We came out flat and unprepared.
Gracious acceptance of a loss. Unlike some. Shows class.

SR30

Quote from: DogCatcher on October 20, 2017, 09:38:23 pm
Newport plays like that in the playoffs and they will upset some people.

Apparently you haven't seen who they are on a course to play in the first round

CoolBreeze

Quote from: SR30 on October 20, 2017, 10:17:55 pm
Apparently you haven't seen who they are on a course to play in the first round
Not if they upset Osceola.

ISU7

Great win  Newport.
Crest stay up and bounce back next week vs Manila.

Paperman

Tough loss for RHS! Congrats to the Greyhounds! Big win! Chance to knock another team from the unbeaten in conference ranks next week!

ISU7

Quote from: Paperman on October 20, 2017, 10:31:03 pm
Tough loss for RHS! Congrats to the Greyhounds! Big win! Chance to knock another team from the unbeaten in conference ranks next week!
This win gives Newport a shot at the 2nd seed if they somehow win their last 2 games.
3-3A is fun. On a good note for Crest they did hold the hounds to 50 total second half yards.

Oldhound56

Newport played conservative to run clock from the beginning of the half.  At the end they got 3 first downs in a row to run out the clock. Good win over a good football team!  Go Hounds

Skip Baymore

Quote from: ISU7 on October 20, 2017, 10:34:47 pm
This win gives Newport a shot at the 2nd seed if they somehow win their last 2 games.
3-3A is fun. On a good note for Crest they did hold the hounds to 50 total second half yards.

I thought the Colts would notch a semi-comfortable win but shouldn't be surprised at this the way this year is going.  All of 3A is becoming more interesting each week.  Right now, I have Elkins, beating Jessieville by 6 in the championship  :D

luxora4life

Good ole butt kicking by Newport tonight.

ISU7

Quote from: luxora4life on October 21, 2017, 12:26:32 am
Good ole butt kicking by Newport tonight.
From what i seen if the Colts get by Manila next week the Noles will steamroll them the last game if the play calling and defensive secondary doesn't change .

Coltfan2005

colts can not beat Osceola with this lineup in the secondary. Two players just not fast enough to play against the pass. Defensive play calling was just not good. Thankfully the greyhounds went to ball and clock control in second half.
I

Paperman

Already penciled in week three. Colts at Noles! Both teams have way more to play for than what happens week 10! Seminoles better be on their game or they could get an L pinned on them by the Hounds! The games that matter lie ahead!

luxora4life

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on October 21, 2017, 01:50:45 am
colts can not beat Osceola with this lineup in the secondary. Two players just not fast enough to play against the pass. Defensive play calling was just not good. Thankfully the greyhounds went to ball and clock control in second half.
I

Last night the corners nor defensive play calling was the problem.  The safety play was terrible. 

ISU7

Quote from: Paperman on October 21, 2017, 08:30:14 am
Already penciled in week three. Colts at Noles! Both teams have way more to play for than what happens week 10! Seminoles better be on their game or they could get an L pinned on them by the Hounds! The games that matter lie ahead!
Exactly but i think the offense that Osceola runs will be tough for Newport to handle Seminoles play calling is unpredictable.

sprained ankle

ISU7

Quote from: sprained ankle on October 22, 2017, 04:40:28 am
How about dem Hounds!!!!
Big win and still in 5th place ;D ;) 8) Good game Newport.

ISU7

October 22, 2017, 05:28:20 am #87 Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 09:53:06 am by ISU7
If rivercrest don't get no real threats out on the spread offense their playoff run will be short lived. This is not the time of year for decoys unless you're duck hunting. Several players on Crest team talent is being held back because of the offensive  formations and terrible play calling.  :( # Steven A Smith..lol ;D

501Arkansas

Quote from: ISU7 on October 21, 2017, 02:10:14 pm
Exactly but i think the offense that Osceola runs will be tough for Newport to handle Seminoles play calling is unpredictable.
I don't think Newport will have a answer for the osceola spread offense. They are too fast and athletic for the hounds. Osceola wins 14+

Coltfan2005

Quote from: luxora4life on October 21, 2017, 08:54:03 am

Last night the corners nor defensive play calling was the problem.  The safety play was terrible. 

The safeties were out of position most of the night due to play calling. One linebacker, one safety...much too slow for an effective pass defense but these players were left in all night. Rivercrest got out played and got out coached. Newport played a nearly flawless game, including the second half, when Rivercrest "held them". Big time kudos to Colt QB.

sprained ankle

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on October 22, 2017, 11:00:53 am
The safeties were out of position most of the night due to play calling. One linebacker, one safety...much too slow for an effective pass defense but these players were left in all night. Rivercrest got out played and got out coached. Newport played a nearly flawless game, including the second half, when Rivercrest "held them". Big time kudos to Colt QB.
Newport defense held the Colts to 1 first down in the first half and 150 yards for the game. Newport's offense totaled 330 yards both passing and rushing. Colts had Wanda and Brown playing safeties most of the game. Thought they were fairly speedy but got fooled on coverage a lot. The Colts QB was 1-7 passing so I don't see the kudos for him. Rivercrest did get out played and out coached on this particular evening. Good luck to the Colts in the playoffs and hope they represent our conference well.

Coltfan2005

apparently you think passing is all a High School QB does.

panther07

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on October 22, 2017, 03:07:00 pm

If a qb isn't reading the run game (option) that's their biggest role. Not very good qb tradition if you're handing out kudos for handing it off in double wing.

bootlegger

just got through watching the game and it looked to me that the colts didnt play with any energy and threw way too many long passes.we are not a good passing team anyway,but they should have tried short passes and let their playmakers try to make yardage after the catch.our runnung plays looked slow tonight.but give credit to the hounds they picked their game up tonight and looked nothing like the team that got beat by piggot and hoxie.good luck to both teams in playoffs

ISU7

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on October 22, 2017, 03:07:00 pm
exactly. lol ;D I guess because theirs cant run...

ISU7

Quote from: bootlegger on October 22, 2017, 04:50:43 pm
just got through watching the game and it looked to me that the colts didnt play with any energy and threw way too many long passes.we are not a good passing team anyway,but they should have tried short passes and let their playmakers try to make yardage after the catch.our runnung plays looked slow tonight.but give credit to the hounds they picked their game up tonight and looked nothing like the team that got beat by piggot and hoxie.good luck to both teams in playoffs
I was thinking the same thing what ever happen to a quick hitch, or slants, and quick outs then maybe the out and up, come on RCrest oc... ???

sprained ankle

Quote from: ISU7 on October 23, 2017, 01:45:45 am
exactly. lol ;D I guess because theirs cant run...
Rivercrest's can't pass

Oldhound56

The Colts QB had 61 yards rushing on the night.  #1 had 27 yards rushing and #4 Winda had 0.  The second score came on a 47 yard reverse pass in the fourth quarter.  Newport got the ball back with 8:00 to go in the game and Rivercrest never got the ball back. 

The Greyhound Defense was outstanding and the offense was unstoppable in the first half.  Played conservative in the second half to run clock. 

Overall, a very good game.  Rivercrest will do well in the playoffs.  Best of luck to them.

luxora4life

Quote from: bootlegger on October 22, 2017, 04:50:43 pm

the colts didnt play with any energy  .our runnung plays looked slow tonight.but give credit to the hounds they picked their game up tonight and looked nothing like the team that got beat by piggot and hoxie.good luck to both teams in playoffs

Exactly.

ISU7

Quote from: sprained ankle on October 23, 2017, 05:55:14 am
Rivercrest's can't pass
Passing isnt their first option but im sure he can run and pass.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas