• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hamburg vs Pea Ridge- Hootens Kickoff Classic 2017

Started by prHOG13, May 05, 2017, 03:59:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SUGARTOWN

AirItOut21

The only thing to judge in the south is the orange and black.

Im sure Pea Ridge will be talking championships after beating a rebuilding Hamburg team.

prHOG13

We handled Hamburg just fine last year and we are well aware of what they lost. They're not devoid of talent though as they've had a couple kids pick up small school offers the past couple weeks.

Of course PR is focused on winning a championship after their runner up performance last year and returning what they do. Just like I said last year before the season started... Warren is the favorite until someone dethrones them just like Nashville was the year before. PR came back the following year and bounced Nashville after being eliminated by them the year prior. The goal is to play Warren again this season. Game 1 isn't going to tell us much of anything.

Lumberjackfan1978

beach bum

Quote from: AirItOut21 on May 17, 2017, 10:06:16 am
The only thing to judge in the south is the orange and black.

Im sure Pea Ridge will be talking championships after beating a rebuilding Hamburg team.

They will crown themselves de facto 1-4A championships after losing to Prairie Grove too.....

dukes424

Quote from: beach bum on May 17, 2017, 08:43:22 pm
They will crown themselves de facto 1-4A championships after losing to Prairie Grove too.....
You've been sitting in the sun to long. Bring your lifeboat to the Ridge....

cuckoobird

1-4 is irrelevant unless shilo is on top. Everyone else in that conference is a jock rider

dukes424

Quote from: cuckoobird on May 20, 2017, 05:30:41 pm
1-4 is irrelevant unless shilo is on top. Everyone else in that conference is a jock rider
All the jock riders live in Stuttgart. They usually fall of their horses when it comes to the playoffs. ;D

NEark tigers

The stadium opened in 2000....It is a very nice stadium.....
I go there every year for homecoming!

Lumberjackfan1978

prHOG13

We can stop talking about a stadium that has no relevance in this matchup now

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: prHOG13 on May 24, 2017, 01:55:40 am
We can stop talking about a stadium that has no relevance in this matchup now

This matchup has no relevance.

cuckoobird

Jimbo Morphis

beach bum

May 24, 2017, 04:25:35 pm #64 Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 05:48:04 pm by beach bum
Quote from: cuckoobird on May 20, 2017, 05:30:41 pm

Easy now Cuck, you guys better worry about beating those Kitty Cats this time around from Heber Springs first before you all move onto toppling the 1-4A again!

EagleForLife12

Quote from: AirWarren on May 06, 2017, 02:59:22 pm
Uapb and pine bluff would have been a little too "dark of an area" for the PR people to be surrounded by.
This is a real dumb*** comment...don't care what you meant or were referring to because I know thats what coming next. You KNOW how it is read, save that crap for your dumb conversation with your "buddies" not on a football board about kids. Idiot.

AirWarren

May 30, 2017, 04:39:08 pm #66 Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 04:40:52 pm by AirWarren
Quote from: EagleForLife12 on May 30, 2017, 04:33:17 pm
This is a real dumb*** comment...don't care what you meant or were referring to because I know thats what coming next. You KNOW how it is read, save that crap for your dumb conversation with your "buddies" not on a football board about kids. Idiot.

Man............

Haha.

BigLion10

AirWarren

Quote from: BigLion10 on May 30, 2017, 06:31:44 pm
Wonder if he's been to uapb AW?? Lol

Not sure if this guy is serious or a touchy northerner?

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: AirWarren on May 30, 2017, 07:20:22 pm
looks like you touched a nerve AW. Ha

EagleForLife12

Quote from: AirWarren on May 30, 2017, 07:20:22 pm
Yes i am serious....No, I'm not a touchy northerner. You and whoever agrees with your comment knows it was a dumb comment so lets just leave it at that.

AirWarren

Quote from: EagleForLife12 on May 30, 2017, 10:51:06 pm
Yes i am serious....No, I'm not a touchy northerner. You and whoever agrees with your comment knows it was a dumb comment so lets just leave it at that.

Man...

Haha.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: EagleForLife12 on May 30, 2017, 10:51:06 pm
I agree, I think he should be banned.

AirWarren

Ball Hawk

1. UCA's field is 10x worse than UAPB's field. The turf at UCA is the worst thing I've ever set foot on. The rest of the facilities are are nice but that turf, man....it's almost a hazard.

2. PR will have the best player on the field and it won't be close.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: AirWarren on May 31, 2017, 10:57:12 am
Ban away.
I seem to have lost the ban code. I'll get back with you. There is no place on this board for that stuff. You know those inbred mountain people have no sense of humor. When they laugh people see their missing teeth.

zebradynasty

Quote from: Oldman on May 31, 2017, 01:31:30 pm
I seem to have lost the ban code. I'll get back with you. There is no place on this board for that stuff. You know those inbred mountain people have no sense of humor. When they laugh people see their missing teeth.

;D ;D

Lumberjackfan1978

Jack1990

Good to see everyone getting back into football shape. If we don't warm up someone is liable to sprain a finger or thumb! Lol

AirWarren

Quote from: Jack1990 on June 01, 2017, 08:21:52 am
Good to see everyone getting back into football shape. If we don't warm up someone is liable to sprain a finger or thumb! Lol

Gotta stretch man.

BigLion10

AW you ought to be ashamed picking on poor Pine Bluff like that 😂😂

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: Jack1990 on June 01, 2017, 08:21:52 am
we gotta get in shape football will be here before we know it

AirWarren

Quote from: BigLion10 on June 01, 2017, 08:29:04 am
AW you ought to be ashamed picking on poor Pine Bluff like that 😂😂

I am a fan of UAPB's stadium. It's a nice facility.

BigLion10

I wasn't talking bout the uapb stadium lol I love it there really nice

GuvHog

Quote from: AirWarren on June 01, 2017, 11:26:48 am
I am a fan of UAPB's stadium. It's a nice facility.

Yes it is but there was a time when they seriously were afraid that it might not be completed.

cuckoobird

Did your brother in law on the WC school board tell you that?

zebradynasty

Quote from: GuvHog on June 01, 2017, 02:26:33 pm
Yes it is but there was a time when they seriously were afraid that it might not be completed.

OK...so what that has to do with anything now? I think nearly everyone can see that building a stadium with mostly private donations is a risky venture. Even more so at a school that is almost criminally underfunded. Nevertheless, it got done plans were scaled back some and it's a nice facility.

GuvHog

Quote from: cuckoobird on June 01, 2017, 04:23:59 pm
Did your brother in law on the WC school board tell you that?

My brother left the WC school board 2 years ago. The crap that happened when they voted on hiring the Des Arc Head football coach (it failed to pass) was the last straw for him.

GuvHog

Quote from: zebradynasty on June 02, 2017, 09:44:08 am
OK...so what that has to do with anything now? I think nearly everyone can see that building a stadium with mostly private donations is a risky venture. Even more so at a school that is almost criminally underfunded. Nevertheless, it got done plans were scaled back some and it's a nice facility.

It wasn't mostly private donations. A great deal of it was Government money that the Late former Congressman Jay Dickey Jr. went to U.S. Congress and got for them.

Jimbo Morphis

zebradynasty

Quote from: GuvHog on June 03, 2017, 11:57:43 am
It wasn't mostly private donations. A great deal of it was Government money that the Late former Congressman Jay Dickey Jr. went to U.S. Congress and got for them.

So your story is that the "Gubment" built that stadium? Not claiming I know everything our federal government spends money on but I would think building football stadiums for public schools would be problematic. From an article in the Arkansas Business magazine dated August 25, 1997: "Business leaders in Pine Bluff have helped in the fundraising to make a new stadium a reality. Davis (Lawrence Davis UAPB Chancellor) says the school considered trying to raise $12 million, then reality set in and the goal was moved back to $7.5 million for what would be a bare-bones facility. But, lo and behold, enthusiastic donators have pushed the amount raised already past $8.5 million, and Davis hopes more can be generated before dirt is turned. The state Legislature appropriated $3 million for the project. The city of Pine Bluff plans to provide $200,000 a year toward the construction."That was in 1997 so I am sure well more than half of money used to build the stadium came from private donations by the time construction started a few years later.

I hope you are not going around telling everyone the "Gubment" built that stadium. Nearly everyone on FF knows you to be a bottomless pit of misinformation but the general public might take you serious...be more careful!

cuckoobird

GuvHog

Quote from: zebradynasty on June 04, 2017, 01:39:24 pm
So your story is that the "Gubment" built that stadium? Not claiming I know everything our federal government spends money on but I would think building football stadiums for public schools would be problematic. From an article in the Arkansas Business magazine dated August 25, 1997: "Business leaders in Pine Bluff have helped in the fundraising to make a new stadium a reality. Davis (Lawrence Davis UAPB Chancellor) says the school considered trying to raise $12 million, then reality set in and the goal was moved back to $7.5 million for what would be a bare-bones facility. But, lo and behold, enthusiastic donators have pushed the amount raised already past $8.5 million, and Davis hopes more can be generated before dirt is turned. The state Legislature appropriated $3 million for the project. The city of Pine Bluff plans to provide $200,000 a year toward the construction."That was in 1997 so I am sure well more than half of money used to build the stadium came from private donations by the time construction started a few years later.

I hope you are not going around telling everyone the "Gubment" built that stadium. Nearly everyone on FF knows you to be a bottomless pit of misinformation but the general public might take you serious...be more careful!

No, the Government didn't totally build the stadium, there were a lot of private donations. The truth of the matter is they had the stadium about half finished and ran out of money. It was almost to the point that the construction workers were going to pack up and go home. After searching for ways to get the money and being unsuccessful, they approached Congressmen Jay Dickey and ask for his help in obtaining the money needed. He went to Washington and got the money they needed. He did a lot for Jefferson County as Congressman but one wouldn't have known it by the way he was treated when he ran for re-election.

Big Fan

Quote from: GuvHog on June 05, 2017, 11:54:54 am
He went to Washington and got the money they needed.
He just "went up'er an got it huh"...darn!!

Jimbo Morphis

No, the Government didn't totally build the stadium, there were a lot of private donations. The truth of the matter is they had the stadium about half finished and ran out of money. It was almost to the point that the construction workers were going to pack up and go home. After searching for ways to get the money and being unsuccessful, they approached Congressmen Jay Dickey and ask for his help in obtaining the money needed. He went to Washington and got the money they needed. He did a lot for Jefferson County as Congressman but one wouldn't have known it by the way he was treated when he ran for re-election.
How much he did for Jefferson county played a big part in him not being re elected. See the Dickey split.

zebradynasty

There were some issues with funding don't recall Jay Dickey riding to rescue though and can't find any reference of such on the web. Dickey lost because of his stance on some issues were not popular in what was historically a Democratic district. He lasted far longer than anyone expected. At any rate, I know of no one from UAPB that considers him the savior of stadium. Now Tommy May...different story.

GuvHog

Quote from: zebradynasty on June 05, 2017, 03:03:33 pm
There were some issues with funding don't recall Jay Dickey riding to rescue though and can't find any reference of such on the web. Dickey lost because of his stance on some issues were not popular in what was historically a Democratic district. He lasted far longer than anyone expected. At any rate, I know of no one from UAPB that considers him the savior of stadium. Now Tommy May...different story.

I wouldn't call him the savior but he did get some money for the stadium.

GuvHog

June 06, 2017, 04:30:21 pm #97 Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 04:41:56 pm by GuvHog
Quote from: Oldman on June 05, 2017, 01:49:42 pm
How much he did for Jefferson county played a big part in him not being re elected. See the Dickey split.

The original plan for I-69 had it connecting with the I-530 bypass in Pine Bluff but the high ranking Senator from Mississippi didn't like the plan because it meant that none of I-69 would run through Mississippi so he interfered to get it changed to it's current designated route. The "Dickey Split" as you call it, was a last ditch effort by Dickey to save the connection to Pine Bluff. Needless to say, it failed to pass.

Dickey was also responsible for getting the money for the new Star City Highway (530) that when completed will connect I-530 to what will be I-69 just south of Monticello. He also helped get part of the money to build the new Pine Bluff bypass.

He lost to Mike Ross because he followed his Conscience and voted for 2 of the 4 counts to Impeach Bill Clinton. That loss cost Jefferson County Millions of dollars that went for projects in Texarkana instead.

AirWarren

Lumberjackfan1978

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas