• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Magnet Cove Coach?????

Started by wawa111, December 06, 2005, 10:50:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

wawa111

me too...just want to know what the heck is going to happen. have heard that sheridan has up the offer to boldin, but he hasn't answered back yet...i think if he goes to sheridan it will be a mistake for him...sheridan would be getting a good coach, but i don't know if they are ready for bb...who knows...seems like they will never hire...you would think they would get it done so they can get ready for spring...could make for a long season if a coach isn't hired soon..

givemeabreak

Heard Bolding turned down the Sheridan job, wonder now if the offer goes to Arthur.

wawa111

i have heard that bb doesn't want the job, but they won't take no for an answer...

footballfan-tastic

Are they that set on BB?  Does that mean that their 2nd choice doesn't want the job either?  Maybe they need to rethink Woodall?

wawa111

I think Arthur from Magnet Cove would love to take the job, but I think Sheridan is going to push for BB until he says leave me alone...all i know is time is ticking and those players over there don't know what in the crap is going ....they need a hire, and they need it quick!

footballfan-tastic

Sheridan needs to find someone who can restore the program and be competitive, and someone who will stay for a while.  I'd say at least 5 years to get it on some firm footing.  I don't think another bandaid would be a good idea.

The Juiceman

Sheridan needs a cheerleader as much as a coach, someone who will come in and really re-energize  the team, school and community.  That is what will help turn them around along with sound footall and good plans.

givemeabreak

A cheerleaders act only lasts so long...... case in point Houston D Nutt.

Juice-Man

Quote from: The Juiceman on February 08, 2006, 12:24:24 pm
nick name, how did you get yours.
Just my favorite singer.  I just thought you were trying to bite my style because I've been on here for years as Juice Man but changed my name.  But I see that you're not.

The Juiceman

Quote from: givemeabreak on February 10, 2006, 10:57:32 am
A cheerleaders act only lasts so long...... case in point Houston D Nutt.

True, but I also said sound football and a good plan, 2 things Houston doesnt have.

The Juiceman

People have called me that forever, has to do with 3-6.  Just a bunch of whtie boys being goofy.

mc

I hear Arthur is staying at Magnet.

wawa111

I am guessing there is still no facts about this situation. Just hear say...I cannot believe Sheridan is going let this drag on this long! They are shooting themselves in the foot. there needs to be a coach in place getting things ready for next year.

footballfan-tastic

I think Sheridan is trying very hard to get an established "name" to come in to give them some instant credibility. 

The Juiceman

footballfan-tastic

By established name I mean someone with a good winning record.   Although they have not done that at Sheridan in some of their hires.  They may hit a diamond in the rough but you have to be willing to gamble to do that.   What folks fail to realize is that without talent you will not win no matter who the coach is.  There are plenty of examples of good coaches who went somewhere and it didnt work, they move and they win. 

Perry_Mc

Yes coach Arthur is staying at Magnet. 

R. A.™

Quote from: The Water Boy on February 17, 2006, 10:59:26 am
Yes coach Arthur is staying at Magnet.

I guess he wanted to stay close to home and closer to his horses!!

ReadyReddie

He is in a thoroughbred partnership so being close to Hot Springs makes since for him.

PPRD

Heard 2, maybe 3 offers have been turned down. I thought it was about "the money".  I was wrong.  Arthur seems committed to Magnet Cove & from what I know about their program, that's a good thing.

ReadyReddie

Heard he was offered a job back in Florida!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas