• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hooties Week 8

Started by bleudog, October 20, 2014, 08:03:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

cuz

Quote from: 02cat on October 23, 2014, 08:49:12 pm
Quote from: LCC on October 22, 2014, 10:47:37 am
Quote from: Dragon I on October 22, 2014, 10:17:06 am
Hector has lost this year?
No...They've beaten terrible teams. Two of them have winning records. The other 5 have went 7-24.
Gurdon lost to two teams in top of 3A. Gurdon would be undefeated with Hectors schedule. Heck, Mineral Springs would be undefeated with Hector's schedule.
And Gurdon has beat who, Dierks is about it. The teams y'all have beat are 10-23. That's about the same as Hector. Not saying we are better than anyone else or that we should be in the Top 5 but at least we are 7-0 and done what was needed to get a win. Will we beat the 2a-8? Should have a great shot. We have a good team, if we go out in th 2nd rd at least we can say we have been put out by a eventual state champ (JC last year) and a Top 5 team this year. With only 2 losses last year and none so far this year we deserve some respect.
Hector has two things going for them, a exceptionally nice QB, and a lot of confidence. Say what you want they've been winning and that builds confidence. Their QB was good as a Freshman and should be a lot better as a Sophmore. I think they're the sleeper this year............... ;)

HorseFeathers

Quote from: cuz on October 23, 2014, 09:43:09 pm
No...They've beaten terrible teams. Two of them have winning records. The other 5 have went 7-24.
Gurdon lost to two teams in top of 3A. Gurdon would be undefeated with Hectors schedule. Heck, Mineral Springs would be undefeated with Hector's schedule.
And Gurdon has beat who, Dierks is about it. The teams y'all have beat are 10-23. That's about the same as Hector. Not saying we are better than anyone else or that we should be in the Top 5 but at least we are 7-0 and done what was needed to get a win. Will we beat the 2a-8? Should have a great shot. We have a good team, if we go out in th 2nd rd at least we can say we have been put out by a eventual state champ (JC last year) and a Top 5 team this year. With only 2 losses last year and none so far this year we deserve some respect.
Hector has two things going for them, a exceptionally nice QB, and a lot of confidence. Say what you want they've been winning and that builds confidence. Their QB was good as a Freshman and should be a lot better as a Sophmore. I think they're the sleeper this year............... ;)

Shhhh We want Bearden/Rison to be overlooking us in the playoffs....

cuz

Quote from: HF on October 23, 2014, 09:53:13 pm

Afraid that's not going to happen with those two coaches................. ;D

HorseFeathers

Quote from: cuz on October 23, 2014, 09:55:40 pm
Quote from: HF on October 23, 2014, 09:53:13 pm

Afraid that's not going to happen with those two coaches................. ;D

Does Rison know what a forward pass is? I remember some on here saying something about them being very one dimensional

dragondad

It's never hurt Rison to much in the past, they've always done pretty well.....pass or no pass.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: dragondad on October 23, 2014, 10:11:31 pm
It's never hurt Rison to much in the past, they've always done pretty well.....pass or no pass.

I can see that...just curious, cause in the one game I've watched Hector play this year, the pass bothered them more than the run on defense, but that was week 1...I've been kinda unfaithful to the Blue and White Wildcats this year...

dragondad

There's a couple seats left in the Dragon fan club, come on in.....the water is fine.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: dragondad on October 23, 2014, 10:32:03 pm
There's a couple seats left in the Dragon fan club, come on in.....the water is fine.

Not sure I could stand moving to Louisi...errrr South Arkansas :D

02cat

Not saying this because its JC, but I played on the 02 team that came down there and left with a lot of respect for JC. Also the same as last year, wish it could've been different but hey that's the way the cookie crumbled. Y'all would have to go to Blue and White though, can't take them LSU colors.

dragondad

Quote from: 02cat on October 23, 2014, 10:42:46 pm
Not saying this because its JC, but I played on the 02 team that came down there and left with a lot of respect for JC. Also the same as last year, wish it could've been different but hey that's the way the cookie crumbled. Y'all would have to go to Blue and White though, can't take them LSU colors.

Believe me, it's the only purple and gold I wear....and none of it says LSU. LOL!!   As a '92 El Dorado alumni it took me a few years to not feel queezy every time I wore the purple and gold....now it jumps off the hanger and slides over my head with ease. I still love my El Dorado Wildcats, but this house is Dragon to the core.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas