• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hooties Week 8

Started by bleudog, October 20, 2014, 08:03:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bleudog

Dragon I

Hooties must think Carpenter has had a change of heart.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

They are retarded! No way can a team get beat 39-0 in one half of effort by j.c. and still be ranked 2nd. The score could have been whatever j.c. wanted to 0.

dragondad

How do they get Bearden remaining at #2??

footballfrenzy

I guess Hootens is saying that evvveeerryyyyone else are 40+ point dogs versus JC. I can't wait for WMS.

dragondad

Maybe Hooties is still choking on picking JC as a 9 pt fav.

Dragon I

I would say JC is easily a 40 point favorite against the rest of 2A.

godgiven999

It must be because of Bearden's suffocating Defense  ;D

dragondad

No no no, according to Hootie-Who it's their O-line that's the best to ever grace the field.

Nothing against The Bears, because those boys played hard....#4 especially. 

cuz

Here's Hooties take last year toward the end, similar but different.....
http://www.hootens.com/class-2a-week-14-2013_5580_ct.aspx

footballfrenzy

JC is not a 40 point fav against every 2A team. Somewhere they will slip up and find themselves in an actual football game in the 2nd half. It probably won't happen until semi's or beyond but it will happen.

dragondad

Quote from: footballfrenzy on October 20, 2014, 08:54:22 pm
JC is not a 40 point fav against every 2A team. Somewhere they will slip up and find themselves in an actual football game in the 2nd half. It probably won't happen until semi's or beyond but it will happen.

Won't argue with that, I tell mine often; the second you get it in your head that you can be beaten, someone will hand you your hat....with your head in it.

Quote from: footballfrenzy on October 20, 2014, 08:54:22 pm

No, no, no they won't...

green-eagle

Nothing against Bearden, but keeping them at #2 after a whooping by JC shiw a lot of respect for the rest of the league...,

green-eagle

Bearden a 2 point favorite over Rison and Hooty has Rison # 5....

big E

Bearden must buy big adds for there magazine.

mtindian42

they just don't care about the 2a. its jc. and then whoever after that...and there job is done... ;D

big E

Well they are the top dog and everyone else seems to be playing for the runner up trophy.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Heck the Arkansas democrat doesn't even have Hazen ranked in the top 6. 😕

cuz

October 21, 2014, 11:56:05 am #19 Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 02:19:10 pm by cuz
Here's how cal preps sees Hooties 2-10 against JC...
neutral field
[2014] Junction City (AR) 41, [2014] Bearden (AR) 10  (39-0)
[2014] Junction City (AR) 35, [2014] Hazen (AR) 22 
[2014] Junction City (AR) 42, [2014] Gurdon (AR) 14
[2014] Junction City (AR) 42, [2014] Rison (AR) 17   (48-8)
[2014] Junction City (AR) 44, [2014] Earle (AR) 13
[2014] Junction City (AR) 48, [2014] Hector (AR) 13
[2014] Junction City (AR) 48, [2014] Des Arc (AR) 14
[2014] Junction City (AR) 44, [2014] Cross County (Cherry Valley, AR) 14
[2014] Junction City (AR) 48, [2014] East Poinsett County (Lepanto, AR)13

big E

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on October 21, 2014, 10:16:03 am
Hazen is one of the best six in 2a.

mtindian42

Quote from: big E on October 21, 2014, 12:14:38 pm
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on October 21, 2014, 10:16:03 am
Hazen is one of the best six in 2a.
lol must be a DA are Carlisle grad that dose there rankings...  :D

BrianfromCarlisle

Not likely.  I think Hazen should be ranked 2nd in 2a.  But I didn't graduate from Carlisle.  So maybe that doesn't count. Lol.

jbtiger73

yea, Brian. that kinda confused me too. about Hazen not even being in the super 6 in the Arkansas Democrat. but #3 in Hooten's. it almost seems like the ADG doesn't think too highly of our conference. now, I know I've been into it with some hazen fans on here before, but how can you beat a very athletic and talented Earle team. and dang near blow out a the same caliber 3A team in Osceola. and not even be in the top six according to the ADG? weather our league is down this year or not, you cant discredit that. but I guess according to everyone else on here, everyone on here is playing for state runner-up, so why should it matter, huh. JC is the "Beast Incarnate". (WWE reference)

cuz

Arkansas Varsity Top Ten
Team City State Record Pvs.
1 Junction City Junction City AR 7-0 1
2 Hazen Hazen AR 7-0 2
3 Cross County Cherry Valley AR 5-2 5
4 Bearden Bearden AR 5-1 4
5 Rison Rison AR 6-1 4
6 East Poinsett County Lepanto AR 6-1 6
7 Earle Earle AR 4-3 7
8 Mount Ida Mount Ida AR 6-1 9
9 Hector Hector AR 7-0 10
10 Des Arc Des Arc AR 6-1 8

Lions84

Hootie and the Blowfish dropping the ball only 79% last week.

godgiven999

Quote from: cuz on October 21, 2014, 02:26:06 pm
Arkansas Varsity Top Ten
2 Hazen Hazen AR 7-0 2
5 Rison Rison AR 6-1 4
7 Earle Earle AR 4-3 7
Well I can tell you they aren't Gurdon fans lol

footballfrenzy

Quote from: cuz on October 21, 2014, 02:26:06 pm
Arkansas Varsity Top Ten
2 Hazen Hazen AR 7-0 2
5 Rison Rison AR 6-1 4
7 Earle Earle AR 4-3 7
No Gurdon = no credibility.

Dragon I

Yes, because destroying bad teams proves how great the Go Devils are.  Gurdon lost to the only decent teams they played.  Quit crying.

THA TRUTH

footballfrenzy

Quote from: Dragon I on October 21, 2014, 09:15:12 pm
Yes, because destroying bad teams proves how great the Go Devils are.  Gurdon lost to the only decent teams they played.  Quit crying.
So Gurdon doesn't belong in the top 10? Genuinely tell me no.

godgiven999

the other rankings has Gurdon at number 4, but not in the top 10 in this poll, this guy must be a Dierks, Mt Iduh or Prescott alumni

Dragon I

Do I believe Gurdon could beat 9 out of those top 10 teams?  Possibly.  I could also see them losing to all 10.  It's not too far fetched.

cuz

Quote from: godgiven999 on October 21, 2014, 10:41:28 pm
the other rankings has Gurdon at number 4, but not in the top 10 in this poll, this guy must be a Dierks, Mt Iduh or Prescott alumni
He might just not like Gurdon........... ;D

LCC

Quote from: Dragon I on October 21, 2014, 09:15:12 pm
And Hector?

Dragon I

Hector has lost this year?

BrianfromCarlisle

I would like to know who the rock smoker is at the ARDEMGAZ.  How is it possible to not even have Hazen in the top 6? 

THA TRUTH

Well one possibility could be he forgot another could be he just doesn't like them

BrianfromCarlisle

well, I don't like them either.  But they are real good.  LOL.  I'm going to go with the fact that he is a moron most likely.  top 3 are from the 8?  Nope.  Hector? sure.  Conway Christian? ok.  Cross County?  Nope.  based solely off of his top 6, Hazen is easily 2 behind J.C. 

LCC

Quote from: Dragon I on October 22, 2014, 10:17:06 am
Hector has lost this year?
No...They've beaten terrible teams. Two of them have winning records. The other 5 have went 7-24.
Gurdon lost to two teams in top of 3A. Gurdon would be undefeated with Hectors schedule. Heck, Mineral Springs would be undefeated with Hector's schedule.

GusBrown

Gurdon not being in anyone's top 10 is laughable. Should be in the top 5 in every poll.

LCC

For the record I don't like Gurdon, but you made the comment about Gurdon destroying bad teams. That's all Hector has done so far.

Dragon I

Hector has done what they had to do.  Gurdon hasn't.  Could Gurdon beat several of those teams?  Probably.  But they got handled easily by the only two decent teams they've played.  Why is that so hard to understand?  They have done absolutely nothing to deserve to be above any of those teams.  Hector is in Boise States position.  They beat the teams in front of them, and are probably a borderline top ten team, but at least they took care of business.

GusBrown

There is one team in 2A that would be undefeated with Gurdon's schedule (JC). Is that hard to understand? Gurdon is a top 5 team in 2A.

Dragon I

Opinion does not equal fact.

GusBrown

Quote from: Dragon I on October 22, 2014, 11:12:48 am
Opinion does not equal fact.
What 2A school besides JC would beat Prescott, Smackover, and Glen Rose (all 3A) to start the season?

Dragon I

We won't ever know.  What we do know is that Gurdon didn't. 

GusBrown

Quote from: Dragon I on October 22, 2014, 11:21:08 am
We won't ever know.  What we do know is that Gurdon didn't.
They actually did beat Glen Rose, but the answer is 0. You know it and so do I.

LCC

Quote from: Dragon I on October 22, 2014, 11:09:20 am
Hector has done what they had to do.  Gurdon hasn't.  Could Gurdon beat several of those teams?  Probably.  But they got handled easily by the only two decent teams they've played.  Why is that so hard to understand?  They have done absolutely nothing to deserve to be above any of those teams.  Hector is in Boise States position.  They beat the teams in front of them, and are probably a borderline top ten team, but at least they took care of business.
I guess we will see how good Hector is in the playoffs when they play someone with a winning record.

Dragon I

I think the probability of such a situation unfolding is not likely, but it is possible.

You do realize Hector has beaten teams with a winning record.  LC struggled with the worst team in our league, and are now about to play for the conference title.  Think about that.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas